Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:28:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining  (Read 162257 times)
BitQuark (OP)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 02:36:51 AM

Just want to drop an update on one of the web shops I emailed about adding BTQ as payment. I contacted http://bitscoinshop.com.br the other day and I received this email back:

Hello good evening,
checked the coin and found it very interesting and I seem to have an active community.
The only thing I would worry about the fact that the buying volume to be low in the exchanges, that partnership has in mind?
And if you have plans to improve sales volumes of currency?

att,

Richard

CEO Bitscoinshop

So I just sent this reply:

There are currently 845,420 BTQ's in circulation and less than 40,000 BTQ's for sell on the exchanges. People aren't dumping this coin, because they are mining and holding it for uses such as buying items. That's only around 4% of total coins mined. If you look at any other coin out there, you will see that their number of coins on the exchanges are a lot higher. Large volume sells of coins on exchanges just mean people are dumping coins as an upgrade to BTC. This is not happening with BTQ. People who have mined BitQuark believe in it and are not dumping it as an upgrade to BTC. With this being said, I hope you consider adding BitQuark as a method of payment to your web shop.

Thanks,
BitQuark Dev

So I hope to hear back from them soon. I'll keep you posted on the response.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:33:14 PM

sweet Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

BitQuark may go Anonymous! I'm currently in talks with another dev about adding the 'zerocoin' feature to BTQ. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

leekua

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:29:08 AM

A coin gaining mass acceptance doesnt happen overnight.  Wink

That's right!!! It took BTC about 3 years! Smiley

Yeah BTQ isnt just for pump&dump. it will have its true and stable value in time  Smiley

BitQuark may go Anonymous! I'm currently in talks with another dev about adding the 'zerocoin' feature to BTQ. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

Thats great news you got there dev!

question dev is it impossible to let bittrex have this coin? I think it will help this coin popularity?
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:06:27 AM

A coin gaining mass acceptance doesnt happen overnight.  Wink

That's right!!! It took BTC about 3 years! Smiley

Yeah BTQ isnt just for pump&dump. it will have its true and stable value in time  Smiley

Thats great news you got there dev!

question dev is it impossible to let bittrex have this coin? I think it will help this coin popularity?

I've been trying for the past 3 months to get BTQ added to Bittrex but I haven't had any luck with them yet! I don't know whats up with them...maybe they eventually add it to their exchange.

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:21:47 AM

I've listed these bounties on the OP
  • 250 BTQ - News Article Promoting BitQuark
  • 500 BTQ - Video Promoting BitQuark
  • 5,000 BTQ - Android Wallet

DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:45:58 AM

Nice.  Good for exposure.  I have a friend who has access to some non-tech press release sites and is a copy writer who owes me a favor.  I'll see if I can get some marketing type write ups from her.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:44:17 PM

Nice.  Good for exposure.  I have a friend who has access to some non-tech press release sites and is a copy writer who owes me a favor.  I'll see if I can get some marketing type write ups from her.

That would be awesome! Smiley

mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:00:28 PM

Should be good, actually, nobody success to implement it.
I guess, it will makes huge improvements for this coin,

But, questions are
    (1) even in theoretical stage and no active development in ZeroCoin
    (2) almost doubled data base size
    (3) huge network usage

Anyway, I wish BTQ is the first successful implementation

Have a nice day
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 11:05:58 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 11:46:03 PM by BitQuark

But, questions are
    (3) huge network usage

Yeah I've been reading up on zerocoin and the database size could be a problem in the future. So as an alternative, I've been looking into another anonymous feature that sends coin anonymously and this is done by ghosting an address in the senders RAM so there is no additional increase in database size Smiley

The main advantage is there is no connection between sender and receiver, except in a memory-based lookup table. The connection is never saved in the blockchain noror on a hard disk.

leekua

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:10:51 AM

But, questions are
    (3) huge network usage

Yeah I've been reading up on zerocoin and the database size could be a problem in the future. So as an alternative, I've been looking into another anonymous feature that sends coin anonymously and this is done by ghosting an address in the senders RAM so there is no additional increase in database size Smiley

The main advantage is there is no connection between sender and receiver, except in a memory-based lookup table. The connection is never saved in the blockchain noror on a hard disk.

http://www.bitquark.info/images/BTQ_anon_details.jpg

This should attract other miners or inverstor out there anyway this feature what is it called?  Grin
ZeroFossilFuel

Activity: 346

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:03:27 PM

Yes, who is working on this? Not only is it anonymous but the blockchain would be dramatically cut down to a manageable size.

On a different note, I posted this to the reddit forum but I want to put some feelers out here as well.

I just upgraded a laptop from 13.10 to 14.04 three months after initial release. Old wallet install will not launch. Tried reinstalling all of the dependencies. Only one that didn't return "already at the newest version" was libboost-all. Even renamed the leveldb and tried executing "./build_detect_platform build_config.mk ./" which did nothing. It will not rebuild my leveldb files. libdb4.8-dev will not install. Newer version 5.3 takes precedence.

Anyone else having trouble? Any workarounds? I really do not want to regress back to 13.10 and I CERTAINLY do not want to rely on the winblows flavor.
mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:26:04 PM

But, questions are
    (3) huge network usage

Yes, the removing of linkage between, it is a way. Only issue is how can prevent the double spending.
At Zerocoin, they tranfer to Zerocoin,
And, some coins has a spent key image,
Or reconstruction of block after fully confirmed ?
Maybe it is a way, last 60 blocks are in memory only,
And merge the older block with some factor such as every 10 or 100 blocks.
And recontruct chain
It looks as two chain (disk and ram)
Reconstruct block will merge all txin and out ~ and it will maks anon

Have a nice day
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:08:10 AM

Yeah I'm looking into many different methods of anonymous features and I want to pick the one with the best options and stability for BTQ Smiley

waldistons

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:33:19 AM

libdb4.8-dev will not install. Newer version 5.3 takes precedence.

Anyone else having trouble? Any workarounds? I really do not want to regress back to 13.10 and I CERTAINLY do not want to rely on the winblows flavor.

Just compile the source yourself, mate! I have lot of older PC's with ubuntu 10.04 and always having problems. Just do a quick googling how to compile specific version, it shouldn't be hard Wink

EDIT: fulltime job seriously affects my crypto stuff... I'm ~2 weeks behind everything Cheesy On the bright side, I'm in UK now, and have found some sweet deals on 750ti with 1 year warranty Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:16:43 AM

libdb4.8-dev will not install. Newer version 5.3 takes precedence.

Just compile the source yourself, mate! I have lot of older PC's with ubuntu 10.04 and always having problems. Just do a quick googling how to compile specific version, it shouldn't be hard Wink

EDIT: fulltime job seriously affects my crypto stuff... I'm ~2 weeks behind everything Cheesy On the bright side, I'm in UK now, and have found some sweet deals on 750ti with 1 year warranty Smiley

What's the general feeling about cryptos in the UK?  I know in Florida, no one really knows what the hell I'm talking about when I mention crypto currencies, despite about 40 businesses that accept BTC/LTC ranging from restaurants, to nightclubs, to fake tit doctors.

I'm hoping some of these junk coins will die off and more people will focus on BTQ.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:19:57 AM

I agree DannyTom. There are a lot of shitcoins out there right now, which 99% of them are pump and dump coins. Everybody seems to be stuck on POS coins at the moment, but I'm sure like all other trends, it will pass.

I'm still working on getting online shops to start accepting BTQ as payment for items. If you guess know of any online shops that accept crypto's as payments, then drop them a line and suggest BTQ to be added!

Thanks guys, you are doing great! We are almost at 1 MILLION BTQ's mined!!!! Smiley

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:08:17 AM

If your are GPU mining, I suggest you solo mine instead of using pools. From all my mining I've found it's a lot more profitable to solo mine instead of pool mine if you are using a GPU. I'd leave the pools to CPU mining.

leekua

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:17:31 AM

Hello fellow BTQ investors,

question is cpu-pool.net auto-payout working with you guys?
cause it doesnt work for me right now, also i tried manually withdraw it doesnt work also.

Best Regards;
Lee
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:15:14 AM

Hello fellow BTQ investors,

question is cpu-pool.net auto-payout working with you guys?
cause it doesnt work for me right now, also i tried manually withdraw it doesnt work also.

Best Regards;
Lee

I've contacted the owner of cpu-pool about this and they should have this issue resolved very soon. It sounds to me like it may be a cron job issue.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: