Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining  (Read 162258 times)
BitQuark (OP)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:28:45 AM

Yeah what Zero said lol.

Just want give you guys a heads up that the main website and blockexplorer maybe down for a couple days...doing some upgrades on the server Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:37:18 PM

just a short heads up from suprnova, there was a flaw in the stratum code for quark which allowed some tweaks for submitting fake shares, everything is fixed now and no fake shares are counted anymore , they now automatically result in a ban of the account.

sorry for the delay.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ZeroFossilFuel

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:20:08 AM

More problems. On my production machine running Xubuntu 13.10 I have a bitcoin wallet installed. BTQ wallet won't build from the script. When I run just the dependencies portion of autobuild.sh without the -y switch in terminal I get.....
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libminiupnpc-dev : Depends: libminiupnpc8 (= 1.6-3ubuntu2.13.10.1) but 1.6-precise2 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Funny part is libminiupnpc8 IS installed. If I try to remove it in synaptic, it also wants to remove my bitcoin client and install qt5 libraries. I'm stuck.
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:30:09 AM

http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/BitQuark

I dont know why the API Status is down, but it might be good to contact them and help them get it reconnected. Otherwise people will see that and think the coin might be dead.
 Embarrassed

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:07:51 AM

http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/BitQuark

I dont know why the API Status is down, but it might be good to contact them and help them get it reconnected. Otherwise people will see that and think the coin might be dead.
 Embarrassed
It's mostly likely due to me switching the website from the remote server to my home server. I will contact them with the new API address.
Thanks for the heads up!

Mr.B!

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:20:57 PM

Seems to be some flux in bitquark prices. 

bitquark.info/btq-stats.php   (142 BTQ = $1 USD)

cryptofleamarket.com/rates  (10,945 BTQ = $1 USD)

c-cex.com/?p=btq-btc    (0.00000019 BTC)

Could anyone maybe list the formulas used to calculate prices?  I'm writing some SEO articles on crypto coins and plan to plug BTQ.

It would be nice if there were an offical "price index" like coindesk does for BTC.

Also, I'm working on getting BTQ listed as a 2014 coin launch on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency

We have the http://coinwik.org/BitQuark wiki page, but I think there could be a lot more exposure and interest if it was listed on the official wikipedia page.
CommanderVenus

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:38:17 PM

Whoa, what the hell happened yesterday? Were all those buy orders on ccex from one person and canceled them all or something?

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

It looks like someone dumped and filled a lot of the buy orders. My guess would be one of the pool operators??

CommanderVenus

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:16:32 PM

Is bitquark mined on a multipool that dumps to buy other coins?

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:17:42 PM

Is bitquark mined on a multipool that dumps to buy other coins?

Not that I know of.

CryptoFleaMarket

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:26:42 PM

On the bright side, buy orders have gone from 19 to 31 since last night and since whomever dumped filled a lot of existing buy orders, there's hopefully more coin holders now.

At any rate, this happens and is part of the volatility of the crypto-currency world.

As for Mr. B's question on the formula we're using to determine coin value in relation to dollars:

Simplified Formula:

1 USD / BTQ to BTC price at c-cex / BTC to USD price average

1 / 0.00000031 / 482.91

Since there are no official sources I know of as yet to directly trade bitquark into dollars we're tying it to USD through BTC.

We're taking the BTC to USD value from 4 exchanges and averaging it and averaging the bitquark value from 2 exchanges to get the USD value of bitquark.

Example:

Blockchain.info says BTC is worth - $481.88 USD
CoinDesk says BTC is worth - $483.65 USD
BitStamp says BTC is worth - $480.72 USD
BTER says BTC is worth - $484.98 USD

So the BTC average price is $482.81 USD

The current BTQ price on comkort is .00007 BTC
The current BTQ price on c-cex is .00000031 BTC

So the BTQ average price is 0.000035155

At the current prices listed above, you could buy 1 BTC with 28445 BTQ and since 1 BTC is worth $482.81 that translates to 58.92 BTQ = $1 USD

However, most of the time comkort doesn't factor into the average.  If any exchange hasn't had trade volume of the coin in 24 hours it's not factored in.  So since c-cex is the only part of the BTQ to BTC average accepted:

1 BTC = 3225806 and since 1 BTC is worth $482.91 that translates to 6681.32 BTQ = $1 USD

All the math functions are set for 8 decimal places, and since I think blockchain and coindesk use multiple sources to compile their prices there could be a little bit of an issue there, but that's where we're at for now.

At the moment, BTQ price is tied directly to BTC prices (as is with most coins) so limited trade volume of BTQ combined with the existing volatility of BTC makes the BTQ price extremely volatile.  Hopefully as the coin grows in popularity it can move away from being tied to BTC.

All our coin value coding allots for 10 exchanges to be included in the average.  We're only using the 4 mentioned above for BTC and the 2 mentioned above for BTQ (remember, most of the time comkort isn't included since there's little active trading going on there.)  As we develop further we'd like to publish a wordpress plugin and an api to serve prices, but we're not an official authority for bitquark or any of the other coins, just a fan.

If anyone sees any issues with the way we're calculating USD value or has better suggestions, please let us know.

http://btq.cryptofleamarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/the-crypto-fleamarket-team.png

DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:29:00 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=561516.60;topicseen

bitquark added to the queue of coins to be listed on coingecko.com

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:02:41 PM

The Official BitQuark BTQ MPOS Pool has been launched! 0% mining fee's for life!!! http://pool.bitquark.info/
SSL connection is also available https://pool.bitquark.info/

DannyTom

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:52:05 AM

Does anyone know if the entire wallet and blockchain data can be stored in custom locations?

right now the wallet file bitquark-qt.exe looks like a single file with no dependencies that can be stored anywhere, but when launched it still produced files in \users\%name%\appdata\roaming\bitquark\

I thought I'd ask before playing around since I'm hoping if it's feasible to produce something like this:

but customized for bitquark wallets.

I know the blockchain size would be an issue eventually.  Right now it looks like it's about 700MB so an 8bg card would probably last a while and would put the price point at $19.99 USD ( or 44,000 BTQ at current values )

Speaking of blockchain size, any thoughts on how to handle it's exponential growth once BTQ becomes widely adopted and used?

Anyone think there'd be any interest is a USB credit card wallet? 

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

Does anyone know if the entire wallet and blockchain data can be stored in custom locations?

right now the wallet file bitquark-qt.exe looks like a single file with no dependencies that can be stored anywhere, but when launched it still produced files in \users\%name%\appdata\roaming\bitquark\

I thought I'd ask before playing around since I'm hoping if it's feasible to produce something like this:

I know the blockchain size would be an issue eventually.  Right now it looks like it's about 700MB so an 8bg card would probably last a while and would put the price point at $19.99 USD ( or 44,000 BTQ at current values )

Speaking of blockchain size, any thoughts on how to handle it's exponential growth once BTQ becomes widely adopted and used?

You can change the 'data' location by doing the following.
If you have already downloaded the data then you will have to move the data to the new folder. If you want to store them in D:\BitQuarkData then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to bitquark-qt.exe and add -datadir=D:\BitQuarkData at the end as an example:
Code:
"C:\BitQuark\bitquark-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\BitQuarkData

DannyTom

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:16:54 PM

If you have already downloaded the data then you will have to move the data to the new folder. If you want to store them in D:\BitQuarkData then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to bitquark-qt.exe and add -datadir=D:\BitQuarkData at the end as an example:
Code:

Worked perfectly! 

I created a MyBitQuarkWallet.bat file with:

%CD%\BitQuarkData\bitquark-qt.exe -datadir=%CD%\BitQuarkData

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]
OPEN=MyBitQuarkWallet.bat
ACTION=Run BitQuark Wallet
LABEL=My USB BitQuark Wallet

and placed them on the USB drive as the only 2 files.

I then created a folder on the USB drive called BitQuarkData and in there placed:

bitquark-qt.exe

The autorun worked perfectly on XP and Vista, Win7 and Win8 though I still had to manually click on the .bat file.  It took a while to download the blockchain, but I could have manually copied that over.

Anyways, I now have a totally separate wallet entirely on a generic credit card USB drive.  Now as long as the blockchain never grows beyond 7GB it's all good!  I can carry around a bitquark wallet in my wallet.

Now if I want to give a friend or family member who knows nothing about computers some bitquark to spend I can do the same procedure, load a few BTQ into thier wallet as their first transaction, slap a bitquark decal on the generic drive and boom.

All we need now is someone with some experience making an autostart application that maybe provides some options like:

- Run My Wallet
 - Guide to BitQuark
 - Something Something...
 - Something Else...

and we have a portable wallet any non-techie can use.

I know some of you are laughing at me because this is probably a no-brainer, but I'm trying to think of ways to promote bitquark and get the computer illiterate crowd involved.

HiBCDirect

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:06:42 PM

https://www.customusb.com/img/usbbusinesscard/walletcardminiflip/04.jpg

Code:

Worked perfectly! 

I created a MyBitQuarkWallet.bat file with:

%CD%\BitQuarkData\bitquark-qt.exe -datadir=%CD%\BitQuarkData

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]
OPEN=MyBitQuarkWallet.bat
ACTION=Run BitQuark Wallet
LABEL=My USB BitQuark Wallet

and placed them on the USB drive as the only 2 files.

I then created a folder on the USB drive called BitQuarkData and in there placed:

bitquark-qt.exe

The autorun worked perfectly on XP and Vista, Win7 and Win8 though I still had to manually click on the .bat file.  It took a while to download the blockchain, but I could have manually copied that over.

Anyways, I now have a totally separate wallet entirely on a generic credit card USB drive.  Now as long as the blockchain never grows beyond 7GB it's all good!  I can carry around a bitquark wallet in my wallet.

Now if I want to give a friend or family member who knows nothing about computers some bitquark to spend I can do the same procedure, load a few BTQ into thier wallet as their first transaction, slap a bitquark decal on the generic drive and boom.

All we need now is someone with some experience making an autostart application that maybe provides some options like:

- Run My Wallet
 - Guide to BitQuark
 - Something Something...
 - Something Else...

and we have a portable wallet any non-techie can use.

I know some of you are laughing at me because this is probably a no-brainer, but I'm trying to think of ways to promote bitquark and get the computer illiterate crowd involved.

https://electrum.org/tutorials.html

Something like that might be a solution for the blockchain size issue and might also make the wallet speed up a bit. 

I read what you did and liked the idea.  I created two self-extracting archives to start off with (USB BitQuark Install.exe) following your steps to put everything in the correct place, one without blockchain data and one with.

What I found was:

1. The self-extracting archive without the blockchain worked great, opened quickly, but is taking forever to download the blockchain on USB 2.0 which I think is due to the 480Mbps speed limit.  Maybe USB 3.0 would be better since it's supposed to have a 5Gbps speed cap but if you're targeting non-technical people with older equipment that wouldn't work for everyone.

2. The self-extracting archive with the blockchain would hang repeatedly.  It would open eventually, but again, the delay and the hangs would put off the average non-technical user and give them pause.

Nice idea though having a branded credit card sized external USB bitquark wallet to carry around, but it appears blockchain size is going to be an issue and not just for bitquark.

Still, for those of us with a little technical knowledge I'm loving your post DT.

CryptoFleaMarket

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:01:29 AM

Been mining a little on an old laptop at pool.bitquak.info and it's going well.  Glad to see an official sponsored MPOS pool.

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:09:27 AM

Been mining a little on an old laptop at pool.bitquak.info and it's going well.  Glad to see an official sponsored MPOS pool.

I've been working on setting up the pool for about 3 months and finally got everything tested and up and going! I'm running it from my home server, so really no overhead other than my internet service itself :-)

DannyTom

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:17:27 AM

I've been working on setting up the pool for about 3 months and finally got everything tested and up and going! I'm running it from my home server, so really no overhead other than my internet service itself :-)

Great job!  I just switched from cpu-pool.net to bitq.suprnova.cc the other day after my last cashout.

#BitQuark to the moon!

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: