Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should we sell our goods by accepting bitcoin easily and low-costly!  (Read 1558 times)
qikaifu (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 04:44:02 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2011, 05:58:46 PM by qikaifu

I don't know why my post was deleted once, so I just repost it now. I was asking for recommendation of bitcoin C2C e-commerce service, like Ebay.

Yes, I posted in the market place sub forum, but it's cold there.

Please tell me, DO we have any serious, reliable, easy-to-go(for both learnt and new bitcoin users) bitcoin C2C e-commerce site I can use??

With such a convenient payment tool, it should be such a shame we don't have such a site to use!

I wanna sell some secondhand goods by accepting bitcoin, but I don't know which site is best I should choose. Please give me some suggestion.

I need to post some picture
I wanna paste some introduction
Escrow service
Wish it let the buyers pay bitcoin easily
collect the BTC fund\shipping address for me, and inform me by email if someone has paid
wish it upport Simple Chinese, but English only is also fine

I will promote the goods on BBS and twitter with together low price. So the user of the site is not really important, but it must be user-friendly in payment.

You must have tried the site yourself, I mean you have tried to done business on that site, not only have registered or viewed the site once a while.

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 04:53:31 PM

What is C2C stand for?

So, you are looking for ebay with bitcoins?
[/quote]

Yes, exactly. Have you try any of them? Forbitcoin.com is just full of ugly goods.

elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:04:27 PM

I've had a pretty good experience with BitcoinHarbor. They have a sort-of escrow setup, and their rates didn't seem obscene. Bought a few things successfully, nothing I've listed has sold though.

^_^
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:32:04 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2011, 05:54:59 PM by qikaifu

Tried bitcoinharbor, pretty good, but it seems will charge me 5% ?! It's insane! The bitcoin is such a low-cost payment tool, but it turns out much much expensive than traditional way of selling goods! What a shame!

If I sell goods on Taobao.com, You know how much will I be charged as a occasionally seller in the whole process to turn my secondhand goods into RMB cash? ZERO! yes, ZERO!

However, If I want to turn my goods into bitcoin, it cost me 5%! Even without the USD->BTC->USD exchange cost!

I started to hate some people talking that bitcoin is a low cost payment system, if we don't have a reliable low cost bitcoin ebay yet.

This is what bitcoinharbor said:

"Is there a fee to create a post?
Creating a post is completely free! If a Buyer chooses to purchase your item, the purchase price is subject to our transaction fees. Our current fee is 5% of the first 20 BTC plus 2% of any amount over that."

qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:01:29 PM

pc

Re: Please recommend a bitcoin's ebay for me.
Today at 01:05:07 AM

It doesn't meet all your requirements, but I've used BiddingPond for a dozen or so successful transactions (most of them me selling something). It was much more popular when it first came out, but since then has had times of not having much support or usage. I get the impression that it's just something that one person maintains in his spare time, but it recently had a bit of an update and I can log into my account again at least, which seems promising. If the owner keeps on working on it it could grow quite a bit again.

It's very much like eBay used to be when it started, where it just connects you with the email address of the other party and you're expected to arrange for payment/escrow/shipping yourselves. They claim to be working on an escrow service "soon", however. You can definitely list items with pictures and descriptions, and it supports English. I'm not aware of how good its international support is, and it may not have much of an audience that reads Chinese, but I don't know.

Hope this helps somewhat.

qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:15:08 PM

Forbitcoin is full of ugly stuff.

bitcoinharbor charges the seller 5%

www.biddingpond.com force me into filling like 15 items to register, so I just give up. Cuz I don't think the buyer will be that patient.

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 06:59:54 PM

The ideal would be if craiglist had better support for alternative currencies.  If you could create listings that offer to sell for either dollars or bitcoins and could browse for listings in bitcoins, it would be great.  Someone could suggest this to craigslist...you wouldn't have to even talk about bitcoin, just mention that you might like to create or browse listing of items for sale for silver rounds for example.  If they added generic support for alternative currencies, people would be able to list things for bitcoin.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 07:42:13 PM

bitcoinclassifieds.net, only be able to post an ad. cannot get payments from buyers.

Actually, I don't care how many people will go the site, I will just bring more people through good price and social media there. the bitcoin ebay can just serve as a goods information+payment system. they don't need to serve as a channel.

osmosis

I didnt have any issues posting my stuff to  bitcoinclassifieds.net

I have yet to find a easy to use site to locate local merchants accepting bitcoin though.

pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:43:01 AM

How do you handle dispute resolution on this low cost bit-e-bay?

I'd rather see Amazon accept Bitcoins not eBay. People trust Amazon to ship goods versus how much they trust an eBay seller.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 09:18:47 AM

How do you handle dispute resolution on this low cost bit-e-bay?

I'd rather see Amazon accept Bitcoins not eBay. People trust Amazon to ship goods versus how much they trust an eBay seller.

Yes, you like it as I like it.

But I guess it will be still a better world for having the existence of a ebay there. With the help of reputation system, you can still find a trustworth seller on Ebay. and secondhand goods can be sold on ebay.

hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:46:07 AM

Huh
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 01:51:32 PM

You know bitmit? Both bought and sold there months ago and liked it despite some minor issues I assume to be fixed by now.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 02:06:06 PM

Use Bitmit! Bitcoinharbor has insane fees. Why so many people doesn't know about Bitmit? It's just like ebay... but nice. Use it! "It's good for you" Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: