Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC decision on August 2nd  (Read 214 times)
Jetakenare (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 04:06:34 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on the SEC decision coming up on the 2nd of August and how it would affect the price of bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:58:57 AM

i think it is possible that most investors believe that SEC is going to reject ETF this time too because if you look at the price it has not moved at all. it is still in the same price level as it was before. otherwise if they thought SEC is going to approve it this time then they should have started buying bitcoin and price would have gone up. and lets not forget that this is not the first time either.

if my assumption is correct then if SEC actually rejects it this time too, then price shouldn't be affected at all because the market already expected it and never went up to come down now.
but if they do approve it, that will come as a shock to the whole market and we may see a huge FOMO buying action within hours and price can shoot up to $9k$-10k before the day ends.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:06:08 AM

I think the SEC will approve this on condition that local regulated exchange prices would be used as a guideline for trading. One of the main gripes that they had was the global manipulation of the Bitcoin price, by unregulated exchanges. A lot of these countries have made significant inroads into fixing these problems and regulating these exchanges. <South Korea>

So, I think it might be a better outcome this time around. ^smile^

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
Project xupporter

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:23:34 AM

The effect is solely on the value, if the outcome is good we are going to see good uptrend from this current price and if not then the dip is yet to come. But am very positive the outcome of the meeting, I want to believe that the meeting is on regulation.
Louvre

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:52:54 AM

bitcoin will go above it's Ath is my prediction. I buy bitcoin before august and hold it until moon.
emma.wangcl

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 08:06:35 AM

Bitcoin price will be increased as last year if i am not wrong... Peolple are always fomo buying when they hear some good news Smiley)) wating for the huge fomo Cheesy
DonHodler

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:38:27 AM

It's still up in the air if the SEC's decision will be in favour of BTC but if it is, well then, I believe we in for another bull run of destiny!

*dusts off moon boots*
linesretweetG

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:45:02 AM

Be sure to fill your bags before August 2nd Wink
I really think a bullrun will start on that day.
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:02:18 AM

I just hope the decision is favourable to the crypto currency market sphere, unfavourable decision will cause panic for people to sell which will force price down.
linesretweetG

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:36:17 PM

I just hope the decision is favourable to the crypto currency market sphere, unfavourable decision will cause panic for people to sell which will force price down.

I personally think BTC can't crash more than 5k at the moment, also with a bad news.
Lima0396

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:41:54 PM

The news should just spark the price of bitcoin, the bear market is just too long and we all need it recover to normal.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 757

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:08:20 PM

You mean August 10th?

https://cryptovest.com/news/possible-bitcoin-etf-raises-market-hopes-as-us-sec-opens-public-discussion-for-cboe-fund-license/

I'm not sure how the decision will turn out, but it's worth noting that ETFs were (kinda) already launched in Europe and it doesn't seem to have had any significant effect on prices. I expect a SEC approval to have a bigger effect, but I feel like there's a strong possibility that it can't bring us over the bear market hump. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Winnerschapel

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:24:03 PM

As regards this decision, if SEC approves it, their would definitely be a spike in bitcoin price and that may mark the start of the bull market. I believe that Sec would approve the ETF
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:25:53 PM

i think it is possible that most investors believe that SEC is going to reject ETF this time too because if you look at the price it has not moved at all. it is still in the same price level as it was before. otherwise if they thought SEC is going to approve it this time then they should have started buying bitcoin and price would have gone up. and lets not forget that this is not the first time either.

if my assumption is correct then if SEC actually rejects it this time too, then price shouldn't be affected at all because the market already expected it and never went up to come down now.
but if they do approve it, that will come as a shock to the whole market and we may see a huge FOMO buying action within hours and price can shoot up to $9k$-10k before the day ends.

i think its good to expect the worst first.since we know sec dont like crypto so much.and if they suddenly change their mind and accept ETF,its gonna be suprice for us.so even they reject again,its mean nothing for us.from what i see,market doesnt care with sec regulation anymore.

whitewolfofcoinstreet

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

The SEC is actually pretty bullish on bitcoin, relatively speaking anyhow, so I don't see them turning on it for little to no reason. but who really knows right?
dongajow

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:44:45 PM

SEC decision will be a turn up point for bitcoin. We saw in past all attempts taken by different different personalities to pass ETF in SEC got failed. But this time its a game changer. Application is too strong where SEC will have to go through it very thoroughly before rejecting just like in past incidences. And this time whole world is waiting for SEC decision to decide what will happen to bitcoin in future.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 4065

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:55:14 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 06:34:16 PM by LeGaulois

I don't see any reason to see the SEC approving it. They rejected it before and nothing changed since. If the price is supposed to increase before the decision it will be perhaps 10 days before. But if it is rejected I can easily smell the Bitcoin' price going down, under $6000...
If it is accepted it won't have much results on the price. Sure the price may go up for some days, but it will surely go back to what is was before. The craez will stay perhaps 2 weeks, no more

Does anyone have any thoughts on the SEC decision coming up on the 2nd of August and how it would affect the price of bitcoin?
It is 10th August, not 2nd August Wink

bitcoin will go above it's Ath is my prediction. I buy bitcoin before august and hold it until moon.

So it needs to increase with $14,000 Good luck to see it happen within 2-3 weeks only

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1290

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:28:06 PM

I personally think BTC can't crash more than 5k at the moment, also with a bad news.

i disagree. when something is not that big to cause a rise in bitcoin it can not cause a drop that big either. additionally you are forgetting about how strong the buy support has been at $6000 which by the way has been tested many times in the past 7 months and it could not be broken. this time is no different than all those past tries.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:08:51 PM

I don't think an ETF will get done this year 2018 or next year 2019. It just is not possible for the political reasons below.

It would require a 'bureaucratic institution" to 'stamp' BTC as 'legit money', so to speak.

With the current dysfunction in D.C., how would they even make that determination without feedback from the Trump Administration?

So with NO clarity of intent of any kind, this will continue 'forever'. It is the safe bet to 'deny' it is a risk to the SEC's reputation to

confirm, even if the confirmation would only result in the current administration chastising them, why take the risk. Group Think at its best.

It seems a lot and I mean a lot more adoption and acceptance will have to happen first, I just don't see this happening this year

or next year. Sad to say. Sad

link to the descent:

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/peirce-dissent-34-83723

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:18:51 AM

The fact is that the SEC rejected Bitcoin as an ETF.
And that makes all Cryptocurrency drop in price.

I am sorry for all of it because I am also stuck in high prices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: