Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account hacked, email changed, need help  (Read 125 times)
Cryptoria (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:21:45 AM

Hello!
My account was hacked in March 2018.

I received message about email and password change but missed it.
"Dear ,

Your Bitcoin Forum ([Suspicious link removed] to ********@xyz.io by IP address 78.182.15.89. If you did not do this, then you can visit the following link within 14 days in order to lock the account:"

My email and password was changed.
I'm don't request any email and password changes.

I sent a message to Cyrus and other administrators at April 05, 2018 and still have no answer, account not recovered and not locked.
In july my account become active, and hackers began advertising spam.

I'm never mention any of my bitcoin address on forum so i don't know how can I "sign a message". So, this instruction impossible https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
I want just recover my account to its original email before changing.
Also i have many other ways to proof my ownership:
I can proof ownership by other email / Telegram, that i've posted. I can proof my ownership by Skype - username still in my profile. I can proof ownership by original email of that account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:52:20 AM

If you have a good account like hero member then always put your bitcoin address in your profile so you can send a signed message to it. I think this is the only way they will recover your account, but they might accept other methods now

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:13:15 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Follow the instructions. If you can't prove the account is yours by the guidelines, you may be out of luck.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Cryptoria (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:26:01 AM

Follow the instructions. If you can't prove the account is yours by the guidelines, you may be out of luck.
Instruction impossible - i'm never share my bitcoin address.

There is part of instruction: There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time.
As i say, i can prove ownership by other ways: I can proof ownership by my other email / Telegram, that i've posted in my topic. I can proof my ownership by Skype - username still in my profile. I can proof ownership by original email of that account.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:28:09 AM

Instruction impossible - i'm never share my bitcoin address.

There is part of instruction: There are alternative ways of proving ownership, but they take too much time. In other words, they won't do it.
As i say, i can prove ownership by other ways: I can proof ownership by my other email / Telegram, that i've posted in my topic. I can proof my ownership by Skype - username still in my profile. I can proof ownership by original email of that account.

Emails can be hacked, accounts can be sold with an account, none of which is proof.
This has been gone over extensively.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: