Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:55:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2993 times)
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:16:55 PM

If it's calculated mathematically and measured based on each person's wealth, 21 million bitcoin supplies will certainly not be enough to be owned by everyone. But we also know, every bitcoin we can divide into billions of satoshi maybe with this division everyone's need for bitcoin can be fulfilled.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:28:37 PM

i dont think but it can be possibel too Wink the price will be too much high  if there is bitcoin shortage Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:29:32 PM

I don't think so. Bitcoin  is decentralized. It can't just be centrally controlled nor can it be hoarded to create scarcity. Moreover it is designed to multiply or increases in value to takecare of the scarcity as many people buy in... Unless maybe all existing Bitcoins are bought at time by an entity and hoarded. It is even impossible to buy every Bitcoin at thesame times as its limited capacity won't allow that.
bagalkot

Activity: 85
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:39:11 PM

I dont think that their will be shortage , as the time goes and value increase the quantity will change and in future when price is very high that time 1 sathosi value will be like 1 usd. So this way we can clear the shortage problem.
lolland

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:57:51 PM

If the demand is high enough then and price will go up, there’s only 21 million Bitcoins, 4 millions haven’t been mined and another 4 million are lost.
That’s why the price of Bitcoins is so high. If every millionaire in the world wanted a Bitcoin they would not be able to own a whole Bitcoins each
KridNewoj

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:18:04 PM

There is possibility to have bitcoin shortage in the market if the big capitalists will hold their volume of bitcoin in their wallet ,there will be scarcity of bitcoin in the coin market.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:00:54 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

I think it is enough because even if it all be mined , the circulation process still there . The buy and sell, trading  and exchange. On  the other hand bitcoin will going to be expensive  because it is already on everybody’s wallet. IT Will be enough because still have the altcoin to backing up bitcoin.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
Ahmed4200

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:46:07 PM

I do not know whether it is possible, but if there is a shortage of bitcoin then the price of Bitcoin will be skyrocketing. People will effortlessly try to buy it and show interest. Because 21 million Bitcoin can never be enough for the world.
lumedeee02

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 02:35:37 PM

Yes of course this may happen in the nearest future when everybody will want to have bitcoin and this will really help the holders of bitcoin to have much money
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:01:32 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

Yes man whatever you said its absolutely right. In future many people are going to use bitcoin. People are really understanding the benefits of digital currency. If many people using this, bitcoin demand will be high. And the price also will be in moon.
dimbaba

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:02:49 PM

People will effortlessly try to buy it and show interest.We all know that Bitcoins were designed to cut production by half every four years.It all depends on the scarcity but it will still be enough.
DyllanGM

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:25:42 PM

Maybe that is why there are so many altcoins in the standby to replenish bitcoin function if that even happen. ALthough that may be a hard case because eventually somebody will have to sell the bitcoin if the price is very high,
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:00:50 PM

It's simple supply-demand economics. Supply is limited. Demand will increase. Thus the price will rise. Shortage depends on how you define it.

habaqt

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

It is likely that Bitcoin may be in short supply in the future. This shortage kept Bitcoin high in the market. If it's cheaper and available for all, then it probably will not be popular in the market.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:15:42 PM

in my opinion there will be no shortage if all people in the world want to have bitcoin because before all people in the world have bitcoin, the price will be more expensive. at this time investors are waiting for this situation, they want bitcoin to rise higher.
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:17:19 AM

I see that most people are fond of theory, which is generally far from real life. I still see that bitcoin several times will actually rise in price quite high, but not for long and each time will fall due to panic for many reasons. At its core lies the fear of the bitcoin holders for their large investments and the usual human greed. Partly will work and the lack of security bitcoin. They will not allow bitcoin to rise high in price for a long time. Bitcoin will periodically fall very deeply after such ups until investors understand this and will not refuse to invest in it at significant price points. I can not say what highs in the price bitcoin can achieve, but I think that it will not be more than one hundred thousand dollars. As a result, bitcoin will not be valued much higher than the rest of the coins, and then, this is with a good forecast.
wendiar19

Activity: 470
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:16:42 AM

yes, bitcoin still has drawbacks such as a very limited total supply and many countries still do not accept the use of bitcoin so that it makes very strong pros and cons and makes the bitcoin price movement unstable.

CharlesCorley

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:08:05 AM

It is very much possible and I think soon we will going to witness this because now everyone is start holding and if this happen then shortage will must gonna happen.
DenSamui

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:15:16 AM

I believe that this can happen in the near future. The more demand there is, the more expensive bitcoin will be.
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:18:58 AM

Limited supply. Demand will increase. Thus the price will rise. Weakness depends on how you define it. It's a simple supply-demand economy. And this has become a natural law in the world of commerce.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: