Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Gas Prices Return to Normal, After Intentional Network Overload  (Read 1375 times)
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:20:09 AM

Usually when the price of Bitcoin rises ethereum gas also rises. But with the decline in gas prices, it becomes our advantage to have tokens. The right time to sell the Tokens we have.
kastara

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:28:14 AM

hopefully back to its normal GAS is no impact of the decline in the time of block confirmation in verifying every transaction made so it does not take long to get to the wallet address in the direction.
3kpk3

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:30:39 AM

this was not a spam attack, don't flatter yourself Cheesy
this was simply a small increase in number of transactions which ethereum network failed to handle like it always does. it is starting to happen so often these days specially when there is some big ICO running or some of these silly smart contracts like the kitties are gaining momentum. ETH is not designed to handle large number of transactions.
I agree partially. I still remember how messed up the network was due to the kitty game which was seriously irritating. Such stuff tends to happen now and then as you said, but I do not agree with the statement that ETH is not designed to handle large number of transactions. On the contrary, Bitcoin faced problems in this department while Ethereum performed in a better manner in this aspect. Ethereum network will continue improving with regards to these problems with time.

liangzi123

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:55:26 AM

Fortunately, the Internet cost of the Ethernet in these days is normal, otherwise I can not participate in the investment. When the price is high, you can't trade at all, because you need to transfer several times each time, especially between different exchanges, so you need to spend a lot of dollars.

leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:57:54 AM

I do not think anything was intentional. At least, as far as I always remember, whenever there are new popular games or apps, then we see a temporary increase in transactions and hence gas price,,, after that everything goes down to normal. I read also that it is caused by new exchanges doing "transaction mining" and also coin voting for new listing. You have to vote with sending ETH and it has to be above certain gas price, so of course people want to vote with 100 ETH accounts. So much abuse, all to create artificial volume.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bbbbbvm

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:00:43 AM

Ethereum network blocking is a terrible thing, but no one knows what causes it to block. For me, the sooner this problem is discovered and solved, it is a good thing. It will be more perfect in the future.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:00:48 AM

This is good news as many of us has paid high fees for transactions for some days now and  this has affected ethereum price recently because I expect ethereum to go as high as $600 base on the current cryptocurrencies' price pump.  Now we can now start to trade with normal  gas.
cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

Typically when the network is overloaded it takes a little while to deal. Once the network is ready, it is possible to trade in normal time again. That happened to Ethereum.
markcruz5554

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:14:33 PM

Good to hear, they really need to scale their network though so that this stops becoming such an issue so often.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
sleepless

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 12:57:24 PM

As a result, spam attack cost a huge amount of money, and after a short while as we see the price of gas became acceptable. I think this will be a lesson for the developers of the etherium.

cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:41:13 PM

It’s a very good news for me. I was trying to made some transaction in other days. There was some issue to raise the gas price. I feel when I know the price I normal again. People should have more trust in this coin.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:00:03 PM

This is good news as many of us has paid high fees for transactions for some days now and  this has affected ethereum price recently because I expect ethereum to go as high as $600 base on the current cryptocurrencies' price pump.  Now we can now start to trade with normal  gas.
Lol that's not affecting the price of ethereum. In fact that has been created by so many haters of ethereum that keeps spamming the network with a bunch of crap token contract to create any shitty transaction to increase the standard fees

UZIzzzz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:04:28 PM

This is indeed a good news. Recently, the load rate of ETH is too high for me to afford the service fee.
The service fee of one transfer is even $5, which is too high. I hope the throughput of ETH can be improved.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
cryptorampage963

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:46:08 PM

Good news for all of us.I think it's a rumor that EOS got spam attack. Its a bad sign. We all of us should faith on this coin
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:30:19 PM

this is good news for everyone, because the ethereum gas fee is back to normal and the transaction goes back to normal without paying a fortune. gas increases are very detrimental to users such as ico projects that want to distribute their tokens to investors and bounty hunters,
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:33:20 PM

the market is dying. Those greedy basta..s are seeing the end for their "money for doing nothing",and when ever they feel there is "not enough" they launch this "cyka blyat" actions to get more money

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:00:21 PM

That will be a good news for crypto industries. I think when transaction increased abnormally then any network can fail but need not to be worry stay with this huge crypto industries.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:12:29 PM

Ethereum (ETH) Gas Prices Return to Normal, After Suspected Intentional Network Overload

The Ethereum (ETH) network faced heavy congestion over the weekend, leading some to suspect a concerted effort at launching spam transactions. Over the weekend, gas prices reached above 200 GWei for higher speeds

Read more at: https://cryptovest.com/news/ethereum-eth-gas-prices-return-to-normal-after-suspected-intentional-network-overload/

From my experience last week ETH network was horribly overloaded, transactions with 41 GWEI took really long to proceed and some of them were simply dropped.

Yes, and soon came the news from a hedge Fund, say, ETH overrated, drain them quickly. Some kind of planned attack, not otherwise.
dbravo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

In the previous days, a lot of the users had to go through hell in order to get their transactions done. But thankfully this has been fixed. This happened because the quantity of small projects and tokens increased leading to a strain in the system.
kellyscott

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:16:32 PM

As we see ETH sometimes fails to have a load of a large number of transactions which leads to down in price levels as making un-interestingly the issue false positive. ETH should develop the technology that can make up all kind of situations. Rather, It is an interestingly growing altcoin system.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: