Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:46:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin save the world?  (Read 596 times)
marmite (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:10:44 AM

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/business/2014/04/10/spc-make-create-innovate-artificial-leaf.cnn.html

A great idea, but it will probably go nowhere due to lack of funding.

Do you think there should be a website where you can donate Bitcoin/ other cryptos to the renewable technology you think is most interesting?

The website could then rank the technologies in order of funding achieved and have a news feed of all the emergent ideas.

a few questions:

1. What kind of security would a website like that need to have?

2. How would you get all the scientists from different backgrounds to sign up?

3. How much funding would you likely need to get something like this off the ground? (I know an excellent professional graphic designer who will design the page for free)

..after all some leading climate scientists (Guy Mcpherson is one) are now only giving us until mid-century if we dont change things fast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 01:41:41 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/business/2014/04/10/spc-make-create-innovate-artificial-leaf.cnn.html

Do you think there should be a website where you can donate Bitcoin/ other cryptos to the renewable technology you think is most interesting?

The website could then rank the technologies in order of funding achieved and have a news feed of all the emergent ideas.

a few questions:

3. How much funding would you likely need to get something like this off the ground? (I know an excellent professional graphic designer who will design the page for free)

..after all some leading climate scientists (Guy Mcpherson is one) are now only giving us until mid-century if we dont change things fast.

My answers:

ad 1. Security is most tricky - this is a topic to long discussion. In this case hiring people who know what they are doing is most important Smiley

ad 2. Advertising Smiley Huge campaign. Ads everywhere Smiley 

ad 3. It is hard to calculate. It all depends on features ... price of ads.. coders.. security...CEO...there is a lot to do... it will be expensive Cheesy(I know an excellent professional graphic designer who will design the page for free)

PoseidonF
Copper Member

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:05:10 PM

Hello,

our non-profit organisation probably can help you with your answer. Poseidon uses blockchain to purchase carbon credits that will help protect forests against climate change.  Have a look at our website  Wink https://poseidon.eco/
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:06:08 PM

a few questions:

My answers:

ad 1. Security is most tricky - this is a topic to long discussion. In this case hiring people who know what they are doing is most important Smiley

ad 2. Advertising Smiley Huge campaign. Ads everywhere Smiley 

ad 3. It is hard to calculate. It all depends on features ... price of ads.. coders.. security...CEO...there is a lot to do... it will be expensive Cheesy(I know an excellent professional graphic designer who will design the page for free)

Tricky part indeed! Even myself do likes the idea about that artificial leaf and being said this would really be an expensive project and wont really be easy where we do choose up persons who dont have the capability or capacity. Security is indeed a long topic and lots of consideration to focus on.
Its not necessary to mind a donation site but still this would be a good project to start on and marketing would always matter.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Amanda Green

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:36:03 AM

I think it can. It allows supporting a lot of projects that are improving the quality of life. I want to share with you my latest discovery - Socratus. It is an insurance ecosystem which provides a digital platform with instant claim payment products for insurance companies. It is designed to help insurance companies to save their money and get their business on a new level. For instance, they can help the insurance company to lower expenses from 15% to 25% on claims handling and operational expenses. Basically, they work with different kinds of insurances such as e-commerce, cyber insurance, personal accident and etc. Moreover, they are powered by Smart-contracts & Socratus Oracles. I think this is really cool and it seems like an innovative and demanded project. I hope I helped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: