Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:59:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Mining Really Causing Environmental Damage? Maybe not that much...  (Read 1920 times)
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

I am not buying it. There are more industry that affect the environment compared to mining Bitcoin. Mining gold, metals and rocks are way more distractive in the environment. Even bank transactions consume more electricity than mining Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryanparcon

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:23:15 AM

Bitcoin is now widely used and popular. Bitcoin demand can increase as more production increases. But it will not do any harm to the environment. Because the irrigation used here is environmentally friendly.
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:28:47 PM

I think that the view that bitcoin impact on environmental pollution is another ploy of skeptics. Look at the state of the world now. Do you really think that bitcoin is to blame for all environmental problems, or it can somehow aggravate the situation? No.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

If it really causes some kind of damage to the environment, this harm is negligible. Moreover, for more useful bitcoin mining, you can use modern alternative methods of electricity production - windmills. It all depends on who is engaged in mining. The extraction of bitkin can really be made more environmentally friendly, if you want.

tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:52:47 PM

It seems to me that bitcoin will not make the ecological situation in our world worse. There are much more dangerous factors - factories, the release of debris into the oceans, space debris and so on. And the production of bitkin in this whole variety of environmental harm-a drop in the sea.

Pyr3x

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:15:38 PM

Compared to other sources of pollution, bitcoin seems quite harmless. The more that its good qualities far exceed the potential harms that it can inflict. Therefore, I do not consider this a serious problem for bitcoin.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:46:48 PM

I personally don't believe Bitcoin mining causes any special environmental damage. It uses regular electricity just like every other electrical appliances. If the source of the power is clean energy e.g solar, then there will be no damage whatsoever to the environment.
DipDare11

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:24:30 PM

I do not think this is true. Bitcoin cannot harm ecology. At least against the background of huge production lines. This is ridiculous))
_w_b_t_

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:13:08 PM

I believe that bitcoin does not bring harm. It consumes a large amount of electricity (because to work with cryptocurrencies need powerful computer processors), but it does not affect the environment.
Bitfling

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:36:45 AM

I dont believe bitcoin cause environment damages. Most miner prefer using alternative energy rather than fossil energy. Beside that, miners using not much energy rather than other factory
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:00:01 PM

I think this damaging environment aspect of bitcoin mining  is another ploy by the governments and their agents to continue destroying bitcoin. How many people are even in cryptocurrency among the worlds population. Iam sure that if crypto compliant men and women are about  1000, those in mining arm of bitcoin is not upto 10% of the crypto population. How will their mining activities  destroy the environments while there are other business whose activities is responsible for the depleted ozone layer. Nobody is talking about them but bitcoin is only activity that will destroy the environment.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:28:34 PM

Bug miners in the world are using environmental friendly to minimize the cost of electricity. There are more threatening activities than mining Bitcoin like Literally mining gold, silver and rocks. They should focus more on the main problem nor the slightest one. 
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:43:47 PM

If bitcoin mining was causing huge damage for our environmental, it would not be sustain any longer now.
There are so many bitcoin miners in the world, but our environment is still good.
If you look at the industrial companies, it will be more causing damage for our environment than bitcoin mining.

devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

if it damages the environment or not I don't know for sure, bro. which is clear and what I think is. electricity problem bro. which takes up a very large voltage .
of course mining does not damage the environment, because mining does not produce waste or disruptive dirt. mining only requires large electricity and certain rooms so that comfort is maintained.
evichi

Activity: 1176
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:56:31 PM

The key point is using electricity to mine bitcoin. Bitcoin is just one of the thousands of things that use electricity. If mining bitcoin destroys the environment that means any time you switch on your TV, or any gadget that uses electricity, then you are destroying the environment as alleged. However my source of electricity when mining bitcoin is not clearly stated. I could be using solar or hydrogen cell, etc to be mining my bitcoin. The assumption that mining bitcoin destroys the environment is just a target only on bitcoin, meanwhile before bitcoin existed electricity have been used to power many gadgets that are DESTROYING THE ENVIRONMENT?

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:24:20 PM

Yeah, i dont think bitcoin mining causing environmental damage. There are many miners using friendly resources to mining so they don't consume energy too much. To sustain cryptocurrency mining, we need to create more alternate energy sources such as solar energy to get more electricity power.

mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:51:51 AM

I don't think so, bitcoin mining contributes a relatively small amount to environmental pollution. There are larger industries in many parts of the world who are affecting the environment in the negative sense through pollution. I believe the future of bitcoin mining is even brighter as many projects plan on producing a cleaner source of energy.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:14:39 PM

Yeah, i dont think bitcoin mining causing environmental damage. There are many miners using friendly resources to mining so they don't consume energy too much. To sustain cryptocurrency mining, we need to create more alternate energy sources such as solar energy to get more electricity power.
- Agreed that there are many miners using friendly energy sources and less harmful to the environment but if we bring this number to compare with the number of bitcoin miners in the world, it is still too low. Most miners around the world really do not care about the environment, they only care about their money and investment, they invest a lot of money in mining equipment and what they need is the maximum benefit, especially the Chinese miners, they use energy to exploit by burning coal and generating electricity, environmental pollution through bitcoin mining is higher than ever

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:33:44 PM

I think the damage from bitcoin is exaggerated. In the world there are a lot of unnecessary things that would not be worth spending electricity and other resources. For example, a huge amount of advertising. It could be reduced and help the environment. Therefore it is not necessary to call bitcoin the root of all evil. That's not so.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:43:17 PM

I don't think so, bitcoin mining contributes a relatively small amount to environmental pollution. There are larger industries in many parts of the world who are affecting the environment in the negative sense through pollution. I believe the future of bitcoin mining is even brighter as many projects plan on producing a cleaner source of energy.

Bitcoin mining doesnt use small energy but it does actually uses a large  portion or high high kilo watt power because mining is a powerful act especially if done with bitcoin due to its difficulty . miners cannot possibly mine a bitcoin succesfully if they will only use low powered hardwares  but they can mine other cryptos specifically altcoins like monero .

But i still agree on some points that you gave .  other companies and factories are more damaging than compared to crypto mining because they are litterally using a high powered devices or machines that can both cause air pollution and noise pollution .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: