Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:34:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: AltCoinsPool.com - Back soon!  (Read 6009 times)
altcoinspool (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:21:57 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:41:33 AM by altcoinspool

Please see the latest announcement: HERE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:35:42 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:41:49 AM by altcoinspool

We will return Smiley
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

Why is the pool mining DOGE with only 55Mh? Regardless if it is the most profitable, isn't anyone mining with your pool going to take a serious hit with variance?

Can you add some comparison stats between estimated LTC mining and mining at your pool?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 10:31:55 PM

Why is the pool mining DOGE with only 55Mh? Regardless if it is the most profitable, isn't anyone mining with your pool going to take a serious hit with variance?

Can you add some comparison stats between estimated LTC mining and mining at your pool?

Why not? Just as you said that, we found a block and you can see the BTC graph show the exchanged coins available for payment.

The users who have been with us since launch will receive their share of this (albeit small) newly found wealth Smiley

Yes there will be a small factor of variance with our pool but we've limited this as much as possible by FAIRLY distributing all BTC amongst users based on effort.

That's right, it means all you pool hopping scoundrels out there are more than welcome to join our pool for as short or as long as you like. It will only help us and provide our permanent user base with more funding.

Estimated LTC mining graphs = absofriggenlutely! There is a new site design being developed in the background and more amazing graphs are definitely on the horizon with this being on the top of the list.

Right now, we just need more users. If you guys could help spread the word, and even test out the pool for yourselves, I'm sure you'll find the fairness of our payments very attractive.

I genuinely thank you for your feedback. It will only serve to help us get better!

Edit: In fact, we were so concerned with the fairness of this pool that we had to modify the generic json-rpc client that everyone else is using (including MPOS) to account for the full 8 decimals of bitcoin / altcoins.

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:35:14 AM

Lottocoin configured and enabled. It will be mined once it hits a high score.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 01:59:01 AM

MEOW ... KittehCoin just added and enabled.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:09:52 AM

AnonCoin Added

A few hours away from our first public payout.

It's not much but we're excited!
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:26:15 AM

NEW FEATURE:

The User Stats page now shows the estimated BTC earning for each user.
theGypsy

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:11:39 PM

Just tried to connect my rig using CGwatcher and config file

{
      "name" : "AltCoinsPool BETA",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://beta.altcoinspool.com:3333",
      "user" : "1*******",
      "pass" : "x",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
}

The result was  Cry:

http://s30.postimg.org/7rnxmf6mp/altcoins.jpg

The same thing starting 1-GPU cgminer from bat file.

I wonder if you are running closed BETA or I'm doing something wrong?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:37:02 PM

I wonder if you are running closed BETA or I'm doing something wrong?

I'm terribly sorry about this and tremendously thankful that you've brought it to our attention.

I just found the problem seems to be with a recent upgrade of the stratum config for SOME coins that we have installed.

The new stratum version for those coins references a table in the database that doesn't exist and so was blocking new users.

This is upsetting, especially since it's a beta launch and I can't apologise enough.

Users shouldn't have this problem any more. I am going through and fixing the rest of the coins that were added yesterday.

We will also obviously work with the developer to find out what we've done wrong and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for posting here!

Alt.
theGypsy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:33:15 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 12:49:36 AM by theGypsy

OK, let's go to some other items to discuss.

1) http://www.altcoinspool.com/wallets.php - do I need to reload it manually every e.g. minute, or this page reloads automatically?

2) My current diff is 32, too low for my 2,5Mh rig. Diff didn't change in 15 mins, does your VARDIFF really work?
I don't want to flood the system with my low-diff shares, or.. let's consider them "stress-test"? ))

3) How long does your round take in average?
Wafflepool and Hashcows sometimes switch coins every 2-3 minutes, is this a good tactics?

4) What about stale shares?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:25:32 AM

1) http://www.altcoinspool.com/wallets.php - do I need to reload it manually every e.g. minute, or this page reloads automatically?

Up until 30 seconds ago, you would need to reload it manually but now that you've raised this point, I've configured it to automatically reload every 60 seconds. It's a valid point and I appreciate the feedback.

2) My current diff is 32, too low for my 2,5Mh rig. Diff didn't change in 15 mins, does your VARDIFF really work?
I don't want to flood the system with my low-diff shares, or.. let's consider them "stress-test"? ))

A stress test would be awesome to kick things off Smiley Seriously though, we were testing a config this morning that was forcing all diff's at 512. We did this in attempts to increase profits.. Unfortunately, and as you noticed. It did not work. I just reverted the changes and can see users submitting shares ranging from 16 to 1024 (our upper limit).

3) How long does your round take in average?
Wafflepool and Hashcows sometimes switch coins every 2-3 minutes, is this a good tactics?

Our autoswitch script cannot run 20 minutes after it's last run. It can try, but nothing will become of it. After 20 minutes has elapsed, if a new coin has the highest score and is available in our array of available coins, it will be mined. Otherwise, the server will either revert to our default "generally profitable" coin or stay where it is.

4) What about stale shares?

We use the stratum proxy software which support long-polling by default so this helps limit stale shares. Additionally, each new coin we configure is done so with the block notification settings enabled. This improves turnaround for both miners and the pool.

Thanks again for the feedback! I hope the above answers your questions.

Alt.
theGypsy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:58:58 PM

After the whole day of hard mining... wow! such profit! much rewards!  Grin
I would say you are running pre-alfa, not beta testing  Grin

http://s23.postimg.org/ci4khyb3v/altcoins1.jpg
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

After the whole day of hard mining... wow! such profit! much rewards!  Grin

Lol, I wish everyone I dealt with on a daily basis had the enthusiasm and contagious humour that you do.

Each night when the payment preparation is done, the shares are removed from the database so we don't double pay. This has the unfortunate side effect of causing the user hashrates to flush, and the estimated profit to reset to 0.

The profit can't be estimated because the BTC balance is withdrawn to the payout server, in preparation of the payout to the users.

The payout is about to happen so your last Estimate should be what you see in your wallet shortly.

Alt.
theGypsy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:15:12 PM

I thought you had total shares counter per user.

OK, I hope you won't send 0,000000000000000000001 BTC that I earned to the moment, otherwise transaction fee would put me to zindan (debt prison)    Cry

PS: you can rely on me, humor is always better than anger  Cool

theGypsy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:38:15 PM

The profit can't be estimated because the BTC balance is withdrawn to the payout server, in preparation of the payout to the users.

The EXACT profit, of course, can't be estimated.
But the approximate profit based on the average previous rounds coins/shares calculations and current coin market price can be easily estimated,
I guess that Wafflepool uses a similair simple algo when estimating, the numbers (shown below) grow every 10-15 sec, and this growth has a really hypnotizing effect )))

Bitcoins earned (not yet sent): 0.00211722
Bitcoins unconverted (approximate): 0.00173536
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 11:33:49 PM

Hello All,

I wanted to just give everyone an update on the status of the beta testing:

During our private beta, we had amazing results: (same wallet, 24 hour period)
https://blockchain.info/tx/cc61a1d8d4910d1b9ad86267a99f275327f462bab066ce9f684af7f83253d198
https://blockchain.info/tx/cb610af66469eeab23c713c35ac309c0d1e619c8fe761e4904dea856e82bd81d

Unfortunately things have just gone down hill, literally from the moment we opened the doors for public BETA.

Over the past 16 hours, I've been working to completely redo our scoring system to find the best coin based on our (comparably) low hash power.

It is for these reasons that we're redoing the algorithm Smiley

I thank the users who have stuck around to help test whilst we work on this and hope to have the profitability sky high ASAP!

I hope everyone feels free to mine elsewhere whilst we get this thing 100%!

We certainly appreciate everyone's patience and support!

Alt
theGypsy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:42:46 PM

Dear Alt,

less words, more deals! Just tell us when ready ))
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 11:44:48 PM

less words, more deals! Just tell us when ready ))

I love this guy Cheesy

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/drunk-baby.jpg
Magnus

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:40:28 PM

Im gonna try this out Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:10:02 PM

We certainly appreciate it Magnus.

We did a LOT of work over the past 14 hours on the profitability algorithm and we're now in the testing phase of those changes. Past 9 hours haven't been that profitable due to a setting that was set too high. That's now more aggressive so let's see how we go over the next 8 hours.

Also, I fixed a bug with the user stats page about 10 hours ago. It should now only show a value of 0 if you only JUST started mining, if there is nothing in BTC at the combined exchanges yet, or immediately after we prepare the payout.

Alt.
Magnus

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:21:40 PM

I already have 0.0000766844 BTC to claim  Grin

-What coins / how many are beeing switched between? Any juicy details really.

/Magnus
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:37:36 PM

I already have 0.0000766844 BTC to claim  Grin

Good work! Smiley

-What coins / how many are beeing switched between? Any juicy details really.

You're right, I'm sorry. Juicy details are the awesome!

Here is a list that we are running with this very instant. This is obviously changing as we test!

NEC
WDC
MEC
FRK
LEAF
ANC
DOGE
NRB
TAG
LOT
MEOW
SBC
SPT
KDC
GDC
ELC
FTC
MNC
ORB

Edit: I have it on my todo list to show this array on the homepage. That will also happen soon Smiley
moehawk

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

You made some improvements today, congrats!
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

You made some improvements today, congrats!

Thanks for that mate. You are right. We managed our best profits today since the public beta but there's still some way to go. That broken OrbitCoin mining yesterday was a real kick to the guts so I'm glad we were able to recover today.

We're also working on adding yet another exchange (or two, depending) to our pool over the next day or so. That should hopefully significantly speed up the time to convert our coins to BTC.

Until then, stay cool (or warm, depending on where on earth you live). I'll keep everyone here posted.

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 12:48:15 PM

I hope you stuck around till today. Yesterday was shocking but we had a good run today: http://www.altcoinspool.com/wallets.php

How did you go ?
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:52:34 PM

How much pool fee and what reward system pool use?
And how to point miner to your pool?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:04:09 PM

How much pool fee and what reward system pool use?
And how to point miner to your pool?

Hi Mate,

We use a custom implementation of PPLNS. Basically, you get rewarded for every accepted share you submit! (so we don't care about pool hoppers, they hardly affect us and in some ways, benefit us).

The pool fee is only 2% and the difference between us and other pools is that, we only take what we announce publicly. I.e, ONLY 2%!

The payout estimates are calculated every 10 minutes, based on what BTC we have and how many valid shares there are in our DB so you can keep an eye on your mining profitability as you mine!

We're still ironing out some bugs and working on our profitability in order to get the most for our members but we just had a great 24 hours and will try to keep things going in that direction.

Alt.
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:16:33 PM

Thanks for answer, added your pool to my database.
good luck, guys
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:44:37 AM

another multi pool... pings are 1139 ms from where i am is it joke?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

Hi Hostmaster Smiley

For the moment, we only have our main cloud here in Sydney Australia. We are hosting our highly available servers in GlobalSwitch Sydney which is one of the largest, most advanced data-centres in the southern hemisphere.

Hopefully, once we move on from our public BETA (or perhaps sooner), we plan on adding additional proxies internationally to help with latency to our distant users such as yourself.

Did you have a go at mining at all? Did the latency to your location cause you any issues? Would you care to disclose your country so that I can look at adding a reverse proxy sooner?

Alt.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:45:09 AM

Hi Hostmaster Smiley

For the moment, we only have our main cloud here in Sydney Australia. We are hosting our highly available servers in GlobalSwitch Sydney which is one of the largest, most advanced data-centres in the southern hemisphere.

Hopefully, once we move on from our public BETA (or perhaps sooner), we plan on adding additional proxies internationally to help with latency to our distant users such as yourself.

Did you have a go at mining at all? Did the latency to your location cause you any issues? Would you care to disclose your country so that I can look at adding a reverse proxy sooner?

Alt.
i wish you good luck but this ping times, you can for-get europe users! ilocated in Russia but you better put server in amsterdam, holland.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:48:33 PM

i wish you good luck but this ping times, you can for-get europe users! ilocated in Russia but you better put server in amsterdam, holland.

I just setup a new proxy to the Sydney server which should give you a great deal of improvement with regards to the network latency;

Could you please test mining to eu.altcoinspool.com:3333 ?

Would you please let me know the results of your test ? This is just a proof of concept but if it works, we should have global servers online by the end of this week Smiley

Thanks. Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

If anyone in the US would like to help test, I just added a US proxy in SF.

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us1.altcoinspool.com:3333 -u [your bitcoin address] -p x

altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:16:04 PM

Half the work required to provide a daily Mhash/BTC profitability report has now been completed.

We are planning on adding one more exchange today / tomorrow and completing this profitability report before announcing an all out go live!

Thanks again to all those who have helped us test!
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:19:08 PM

BTC/Mhash/24hr stats collection scripts are now working and we have our first reading from yesterday.

The graph should be available online on the front page after 2 more readings (48 hours).

We are having some fun with the Testing phase so we're having a Franko day today (1 full day of single coin mining will not happen after go live). So the rest of today will be dedicated to mining only Franko Smiley The autoswitcher has been disabled until payout happens tonight.

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:42:12 AM

New users joining just for FrankoDay Smiley This is fun!

Remember, we have EU and US servers so international miners are welcome Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:55:10 AM

FrankoDay will be over in just a couple hours when we will re-enable to autoswitcher. Today was fun to say the least and I thank everyone who joined in!

I'll update you all again once the autoswitcher (we should give it a name) is back on.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:07:33 AM

And that marks the end of our first and only full day of deliberate single coin mining.. a big thank you to everyone who participated!

The Autoswitcher has been enabled so let's see some shiny golden bits!  Cheesy
pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:31:23 AM

is there any way i can check my stats

life is amazing
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:21:50 PM

Argentum coin has just been added to our pool. It's making quite the splash..

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:58:37 PM

Welcome to the new users, you picked a good day to join! Smiley
uberua

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:42:11 PM

Hi! How much btc/mh/24h people can expect (average) ?
Thx
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

Based on the current calculated average, the pool is 3 times more profitable today based on our new algorithm, implemented 9 hours ago (after FrankoDay).

Looking forward to seeing the results at payout tonight.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:41:58 PM

Hi! How much btc/mh/24h people can expect (average) ?

Hi mate,

Today, we're looking at about 0.015 (based on 8 hour calculation) but that could change. Have a look at the stats page and see what other miners are getting. Yesterday was FrankoDay so it wasn't that great but we're using a new profitability algorithm as of the past 9 hours or so. Hopefully we can meet the 0.015 mark after another 13 hours.

Payouts happen nightly so you won't have to wait long at all to find out Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 10:30:59 PM

is there any way i can check my stats

Hey Pagona, sorry I missed this. Emails were a little delayed..

There is a "MINER STATS" link on the top right corner of the main website that will take you to the wallets page
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

Any plans for a us-east server?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:21:51 PM

Hey there,

That's a great idea.. US East should be online... RIGHT NOW! I just spun up the NY server so feel free to test:

New York: cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.altcoinspool.com:3333 -u [your bitcoin address] -p x

A quick update while I'm here, I've disabled SPOTS until we see the exchanged BTC on the actual exchange. It's taking a while to get there and I'm not going to waste the miner's time! So the coinswitcher will mine next most profitable until SPOTS is back online.

Thanks (yet) again for the great feedback!

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:38:16 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 12:20:13 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

Hey there,

That's a great idea.. US East should be online... RIGHT NOW! I just spun up the NY server so feel free to test:

New York: cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.altcoinspool.com:3333 -u [your bitcoin address] -p x

A quick update while I'm here, I've disabled SPOTS until we see the exchanged BTC on the actual exchange. It's taking a while to get there and I'm not going to waste the miner's time! So the coinswitcher will mine next most profitable until SPOTS is back online.

Thanks (yet) again for the great feedback!

Awesome, thank you so much!

Edit: Due to switching to US-East server my hashrate increased and short term reject rate dropped by 50%. Will update tomorrow with more detailed stats.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:57:00 AM

Edit: Due to switching to US-East server my hashrate increased and short term reject rate dropped by 50%. Will update tomorrow with more detailed stats.

Thank you so much for the feedback! That's great!

I also just updated the wallets page to show more useful information on a per user / share basis! This should help give users an indication on how long someone has been mining to earn what they are.

Only problem now is that the exchanges are are using are both taking a few hours (as of 3 hours ago) to receive the coins being sent by our server. The blockchain is definately seeing the send transaction (confirmed by TXID) so I'm not too worried but will be keeping an eye on it.

Updates to follow.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:53:04 PM

The numbers are in!

Using the improvements we've made to our profitability algorithm, we managed to earn 0.00844617BTC per Mhash on average accross the pool in the past 24 hours.

Keep in mind this is based on a pool average of only 20Mhash/s!

Now I ask that as many of you join as possible to see how high we can push this number today!

We all really appreciate your help!

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:07:56 AM

The new BTC graph on our homepage shows just how long these exchanges are taking to receive our coins... We don't rely on them to autosell for us, we have our own script to sell all transfered coins so we don't waste any time. It's just a shame that the exchanges are messing with our profitability!

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:55:21 AM

I'm now announcing that the BETA is off! All user suggestions have been completed thus far, so we are now LIVE!

BRING ON THE HASH!! (and show us your bits).

Please help us grow by dedicating some of your hash (if not all) to our great new pool!
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:36:59 PM

Minor modifications have been performed to our profitability calculator, based on the low hashrate of the pool. Once more users are onboard, the algorithm will now adapt!
TheLarger

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:00:45 PM

Please join the pool so all the miner have some more profit, at least send some mhs Smiley
Pool owner is very quick with making changes miners suggest, i also suggest some things which were implemented within 24/48 hours Smiley

Thnx Smiley
theGypsy

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:39:57 PM

Dear Alt,
I would like to advice you to add PRC (Prosper Coin, good trading at poloniex.com) to your coins list.

It's a good idea to check poloniex.com from time to time to watch new popular coins.
The owner of this exchange has a good sense of profit )))
You can also slightly spam ads in chat there.

(I will be back soon, after I set up my 2nd rig)
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:07:53 AM

I would like to advice you to add PRC (Prosper Coin, good trading at poloniex.com) to your coins list.

It's a good idea to check poloniex.com from time to time to watch new popular coins.
The owner of this exchange has a good sense of profit )))
You can also slightly spam ads in chat there.

I would love to except all our code relies on the exchanges having an API that we can communicate with. This communication is how we add the total of all BTC produced, how we prepare our payouts daily, how we confirm that the alt coins have been received etc.

The API also allows us to take full control of our coin trading, allowing us to execute trades autonomously.

Unfortunately, none of the exchanges that PRC are available on, offer an API so it's not at all integratable.

If you have any other suggestions for coins though, I would love to hear them. Today, the team has come up with a plan and our own algorithm for calculating profitability WITHOUT having to rely on the multiple third parties we currently use. This will mean that we can simply add ANY coin we feel is profitable and as long as it is supported by one of our exchanges, it will be mined Smiley.

(I will be back soon, after I set up my 2nd rig)

We really appreciate it and hope that it is as rewarding for you as it is for us !

kokal

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:55:48 AM

Ok lets see what you got m8 - I just put my 4x290 (today or tommorow 5x290) machine in your pool. If your results are nice - expect more MHs Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:59:50 AM

Ok lets see what you got m8 - I just put my 4x290 (today or tommorow 5x290) machine in your pool. If your results are nice - expect more MHs Smiley

This is truly nerve racking!

Last night, we completely rewrote our profitability algorithm so we no longer rely on ANY external site. Everything now revolves around the coins we have enabled Smiley.

It's been good today but we've spent the past 8 hours working on making it better and still have a few hours to go! I hope we can get you some decent results for both your sake and our own.

Alt
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:05:36 PM

Due to the massive spike in hashrate (10x increase), I've added a new bar to the BTC Balance graph on our homepage to show users what the current immature BTC estimate is accross all wallets on the server!

We are performing a payout now to users who have been mining up until this point so stats should reset.

I hope we manage to bring in some good profits to all the new users who just joined in the next 24 hours!

Alt
kokal

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:34:50 PM

Well it seems people have abbandoned your pool. I am still here along with my friend *****Wy and ****MG . I had issues with running 5 x 290 - not enough memory under windows (8GB) so I am running agian BAMT 1.3 (low rejects) and I will add more memory tommorow morning. For now your pools seems worth the time. I wil stay for a while more to see how it goes Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:13:30 AM

Thanks Kokal,

Yeah I'm not sure what happened but there were two users with 50+Mhash between them.. I think they jumped in to test it out but didn't stay long enough to get the most benefits Smiley

As I've said in the past, Our pool is great for pool hoppers since they leave the blocks they've found behind for others to share. Since we use PPLNS to calculate profits, those blocks left behind are equally devided based on shares submitted so as long as others keep mining, their share in the profit goes up and the pool hopper's profit goes down Smiley

We've enabled a few extra coins and the profitability calculations seem to be working great. Today especially is looking good.

I myself just purchased 2 R9 290s and have them on our pool.

Look forward to seeing the results of your efforts tonight.

Alt
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:10:49 PM

Well it seems people have abbandoned your pool. I am still here along with my friend *****Wy and ****MG . I had issues with running 5 x 290 - not enough memory under windows (8GB) so I am running agian BAMT 1.3 (low rejects) and I will add more memory tommorow morning. For now your pools seems worth the time. I wil stay for a while more to see how it goes Smiley

Right now, I'm just laughing at your estimated payout...

0.02812493 and 0.01964586 respectively.. That's more than double your previous payout so I believe Congratulations are in order for us both.

I'm still working on the profitability calculations because when those high Mhash users hit the pool, we need to only select coins with a higher difficulty.

Please let me know what you think of your performance on the pool today and thanks again for your support Smiley (tell your friends!)
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:15:51 PM

I had issues with running 5 x 290 - not enough memory under windows (8GB) so I am running agian BAMT 1.3 (low rejects) and I will add more memory tommorow morning.

PS, this should help you with your RAM issues:

-I 20 -g 1 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 32765 --gpu-engine 1005 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 50

If you still have trouble, drop -I to 19.

xia0mingx

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:43:03 PM

Hi altcoinspool, I just started mining on your pool and i realise the Miner Stats page isn't updating anymore. I just want to compare the rate that I am mining at and see whether it is worth to mine here. Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:53:24 PM

Hi altcoinspool, I just started mining on your pool and i realise the Miner Stats page isn't updating anymore. I just want to compare the rate that I am mining at and see whether it is worth to mine here. Smiley

Hey mate,

The stats page won't update until there are confirmed BTC at any of the exchanges. I'm actually going in there now to find out what's going on. You'll notice on the homepage that the graph will show you unexchanged BTC balance.

Since we do a payout around midnight each day (Sydney time), the stats are delayed during that first hour after midnight (now).

Sorry about that and thanks.

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:40:49 AM

Hello All,

Due to the lack of interest in our pool and the lack thereof in demand for a highly available pool with the world's most advanced DDoS protection, we have been forced to shut down the service as we are unable to continue to fund the server costs.

There is already a large number of well established autoswitching, auto-exchanging pools available online so we're going to step aside and let them do what they do.

Our plans are to instead, return in a few weeks (if not sooner) with a new product that will more greatly assist the community. We plan on building a new pool that will no longer autoswitch but will instead, provide a range of ports to mine newly developed coins that are not yet available on other pools.

We feel that this will better serve the community and will assist the developers of these new coins build their user base.

As it has always been, our goals will be:
- High availability
- highly scalable (starting small and growing as the userbase requires it with little to no downtime)
- HONEST AND FAIR! (as we have been and as the stats clearly demonstrate!)

We are still going to be here, answering questions via all existing methods. I will still be answering emails and would love to hear your thoughts on our decision, be they good, bad or otherwise Smiley

For now, We will stop the pool tonight to allow user's cgminers to fail over to your backup pool.

We will not perform a final payout until ALL coins have been exchanged. We don't want to keep ANYTHING and will be sending EVERYTHING on to our users.

Once all coins have been exchanged, a payout will occur and the website will be put into maintenance mode.

Once our new site is launched, we will be back here looking for coin devs we can assist Smiley

With warmest regard for each and every one of you,

Alt (shiny bits)
kokal

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:41:26 PM

Well sorry to hear that you are stopping. Pool wasnt big but your system was working fine. I already stopped my miner when I read this. Hope the other project turns out better.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:24:45 PM

Well sorry to hear that you are stopping. Pool wasnt big but your system was working fine. I already stopped my miner when I read this. Hope the other project turns out better.

Thanks Kokal. Thanks for everything! Especially the support.

I didn't want to mention this earlier but now that we've stopped the mining, I'm actually going to pay out every single user in our DB (there's only 25 anyway).

The point is, we are personally going to pay the 0.0001 BTC transaction fee and provide everyone who ever mined with us, their profits. No matter how small.

We're already writing the code for the new system so we hope to help out the new coins ASAP and you'll see me back here then Smiley

Alt.
kokal

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:48:26 PM

Well tommorow I will have 3 working miners:
1st - 5x290 ~ 4100 MH
2nd -5x280x ~ 3500 MH
3rd -5x280x ~3500MH (with one free slot for 6th card)
So if you bring back the pool and you can be as competive as you were last few days (you were 1% lower on payouts compared to wafflepool BTC/MH stats) I will put for sure the 3 machines there. I am now returning to middlecoin.com (testing to see if its fixed) and waiting for your return.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

Well tommorow I will have 3 working miners:
1st - 5x290 ~ 4100 MH
2nd -5x280x ~ 3500 MH
3rd -5x280x ~3500MH (with one free slot for 6th card)
So if you bring back the pool and you can be as competive as you were last few days (you were 1% lower on payouts compared to wafflepool BTC/MH stats) I will put for sure the 3 machines there. I am now returning to middlecoin.com (testing to see if its fixed) and waiting for your return.

Could you do me a huge favour and check your wallet for your actual payout and let me know exactly how you feel that compares to the other pools ? I'm curious Smiley

Thanks again.

Alt.
kokal

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:47:16 AM

well from your pool altcoinspool.com
on the 5x290 machine
4.3.2014 13:48   0.01270712 (running on windows)
5.3.2014 16:04   0.02812493 (running on BAMT)
6.3.2014 23:27   0.02191966 (running on BAMT)

If the last amount is all the coins left that are confirmed than your stats are lower on that day compared to wafflepool.com

5x280x machine :
2014-03-04 16:27:35   0.01842533
2014-03-05 16:58:16   0.02474728   
2014-03-06 16:53:56   0.02700682

I calculated on the 5.3.2014 - your pool had 1% more BTC/MH that day compared to wafflepool.com   

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: