Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:07:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148684 times)
simondlr (OP)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:11:56 PM

Great idea on some bounties.

I created 2 addresses. One for a faucet and one for a reddit tipbot. You can see in the announcement page with details. Here it is again:

I donated 2 million so far.

---

Bounty FUND for a faucet [donate here]:
CMshf9ZVrYoBPdjnsJ7zSgVFcfEZui85qw [1 million donated so far]

If you have a working faucet, the bounty will be delivered.

Bounty FUND for a reddit tipbot [donate here]:
CWKmoKce124SfTpPBby8uSyrxp9Log4bQi [1 million donated so far]

If a working reddit tipbot is running for at least 2 weeks, the bounty will be delivered.

---

At the moment, we are just pushing the idea to as many musicians as possible. The more music we make, the more the idea spread! Already had some musicians join that haven't heard of cryptocurrencies before, so it is cool.

Awesome.. I just added 3 million to the tip bot bounty, a million to the faucet bounty, and added a million to the fund for packs.

Fantastic! Thanks vaudvaud! Added to the original post.

4.9 Million FUNK available for separates packs!
2 Million FUNK available for a faucet!
4 Million available for a reddit tipbot!

Tip: BTC 1LbHAZv2mbZZMTu2k4xLcg8p5q4FatgkA7. Doge DFVzezccAsdq1LQwrPTDe1nMXKrL7aEUWY. FUNK: CXfgJPSbY1C5paVwiSHnm942tJPyK9xSfy
The Cypherfunks: a decentralized band & cryptocurrency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.0

Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/simondlr/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:17:57 PM

4 Million available for a reddit tipbot!

Working on it now. Just transferred 10k FUNK into the account to test it. Waiting for confirmations.
vaudvaud

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:22:26 AM

Wow.. somebody hit the P2P pool with 100MHs for a bit.. Shocked
n00bnoxious

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:02:34 AM

Ok, the tipbot is up and running in the main thread BUT it looks like a Tipbot requires Reddit Gold at $30/yr to run. I'm not in a place where I can afford to pay that, and I'm honestly not interested in giving Reddit my banking information anyway.

Don't use the tipbot, as it can't get messages when it's mentioned. You can register, send funds and withdraw, but can't send to anyone because the tipbot can't pick up when it's been mentioned until Reddit receive hard cash. Seriously lame. Worked on this all day.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:15:08 AM

Ok, the tipbot is up and running in the main thread BUT it looks like a Tipbot requires Reddit Gold at $30/yr to run. I'm not in a place where I can afford to pay that, and I'm honestly not interested in giving Reddit my banking information anyway.

Don't use the tipbot, as it can't get messages when it's mentioned. You can register, send funds and withdraw, but can't send to anyone because the tipbot can't pick up when it's been mentioned until Reddit receive hard cash. Seriously lame. Worked on this all day.

Can anyone else verify that other tip bots require Reddit Gold?

Also, you can buy Reddit Gold with Bitcoin.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
bjmillican4

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:21:13 AM

Sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the work.  It will work out.
neuroMode

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:25:05 AM

All someone has to do is buy Reddit gold for "FUNKTipBot" using Bitcoin. Anyone can do it. $30 a year. This will all be fine.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
n00bnoxious

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:35:54 AM

All someone has to do is buy Reddit gold for "FUNKTipBot" using Bitcoin. Anyone can do it. $30 a year. This will all be fine.

If anybody's up to this - even buying a month will start us off. Someone in the main thread has mentioned coding in custom keywords, which sounds like it could be awesome - I mean, who wouldn't want to tip someone with +/u/FUNKTipbot/ marshallstack for a huge tip, or maybe +/u/FUNKTipbot/ boogie for a small amount :-D
neuroMode

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:24:08 AM

I think it would be really cool to make a flyer that people could print out and pass around at festivals in the summer. I'm personally going to at least 3 of them (3-days each), so I could pass a ton of flyers out! Short, simple, snazzy, and informative! Anyone good at designing?

neuroMode

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:30:44 AM

I set up an IRC channel on Freenode for us to talk in realtime: #Cypherfunks

vaudvaud

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:48:43 AM

If anybody's up to this - even buying a month will start us off. Someone in the main thread has mentioned coding in custom keywords, which sounds like it could be awesome - I mean, who wouldn't want to tip someone with +/u/FUNKTipbot/ marshallstack for a huge tip, or maybe +/u/FUNKTipbot/ boogie for a small amount :-D

I just payed for 3 months for the tip bot to start it off.. Grin
n00bnoxious

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:04:02 AM

I just payed for 3 months for the tip bot to start it off.. Grin

Wow, thanks vaudvaud! Your contribution is hugely appreciated. It's about 5am here and I've not been to bed yet with all the crypto-excitement between here and Darkcoin so I'll get to looking at it tomorrow.
bjmillican4

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:24:59 AM

I think it would be really cool to make a flyer that people could print out and pass around at festivals in the summer. I'm personally going to at least 3 of them (3-days each), so I could pass a ton of flyers out! Short, simple, snazzy, and informative! Anyone good at designing?

Good idea.  I could give out a lot too.  I could work on this, but it might take a few weeks.
neuroMode

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:08:27 AM

I'm also thinking this coin could benefit from a sleeker logo.

Something with a vinyl record maybe (since those are round like a coin)?

Or headphones? Headphones are a universal music symbol.

These are some basic ideas to springboard off of:

Obviously it would be fun to see how to incorporate the Cypherfunk element into a logo like these.

simondlr (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:28:22 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the tipbot take off! We can start giving out constructive comments on r/ThisIsOurMusic with an extra tip. I think it's important we provide value and not just tip, as we've seen some subreddits don't like it if we spam tips.

@neuroMode: One of the concepts for a logo I had in mind was a combination of a vinyl + coin. Go crazy! btw. I've worked with Bitcoinj before, so I will try this week in spare time to get an android wallet going! This way musicians at gigs can easily get on board.

Tip: BTC 1LbHAZv2mbZZMTu2k4xLcg8p5q4FatgkA7. Doge DFVzezccAsdq1LQwrPTDe1nMXKrL7aEUWY. FUNK: CXfgJPSbY1C5paVwiSHnm942tJPyK9xSfy
The Cypherfunks: a decentralized band & cryptocurrency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.0

florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:53:13 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 11:13:07 AM by florianuhlemann

WoW - again those 100MH/s guys active^^  lol Wink P2Pool seems to handle it properly, though it shakes the share diff up a bit (but not for too long anymore as I had reduced the lookback times when I upgraded the server)

http://94.23.196.92:36363 (I still have to get that new interface coming that I promised a while ago :-/ been so busy lately ;( not cool)

Great to see the work being done around The Cypherfunks. Glad to be part of it.

ANNOUNCEMENT
  • I will be giving away another 250,000 FUNKs sometime today to all active miners on the pool. Make sure you get your shares up! Wink
  • This giveaway is funded by the pool's income! Wink
  • Remember, queue=0, scan-time=2, expiry=8 keeps rejects low and pays better towards your hashrate!
  • url = stratum+tcp://94.23.196.92:36363
  • user = your_wallet_address
  • pass = 123

EDIT: Donated 100k to Seps Pack, 100k to Faucet and 800k to TipBot. That's my 1mil I promised Wink
simondlr (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:52:42 AM

Thanks Florian! Bounties have been updated. Thanks.

florianuhlemann

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:48:28 PM

there it goes again... 100mhs boom^^ lol (certainly not me!^^)

oh well, not too shabby for you guys. PPLNS is made for that - to protect you. he's pretty much finding lots of blocks for all. if you are a steady miner, you get more payout from blocks than one that comes and goes every hour or so.
simondlr (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:09:14 PM

there it goes again... 100mhs boom^^ lol (certainly not me!^^)

oh well, not too shabby for you guys. PPLNS is made for that - to protect you. he's pretty much finding lots of blocks for all. if you are a steady miner, you get more payout from blocks than one that comes and goes every hour or so.

Very cool actually. Getting coins residually after he came on board. Smiley

organizer

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:55:52 PM

Well this is a cool coin, while the coin isn't innovative (not an insult), it really has the possible community acceptance. Here's my thoughts:

1. It could use a visual refresh (logos, wallet)
2. DO NOT rush to exchanges, refuse them for a while if possible. It does not hurt a coin no to be immediately listed (look at FLT ffs, I was solo'ing when it soft launched right up to BTER surprise listing)
3. Focus on community building, the fact that this isn't a marketing tool to make $$ like Songcoin
4. Use that CoinDesk article more in the OP. It's really good and from a great source. I'd put these in the OP:

From CoinDesk (http://www.coindesk.com/coins-for-bands-disrupt-music-industry/):

Altcoins targeting specific communities are starting to emerge. This month sees the introduction of two separate cryptocurrencies aimed at musicians. Songcoin and FUNK each take different political and technical approaches to helping the independent music economy.

Coindesk on Songcoin:

This seems to turn it into a marketing play, rather than a technological innovation. Songcoin will be premined, with the premined proportion amounting to far less than 50%, said Franks, although Pimovi hasn’t decided what proportion will be premined yet. The premine will be used for initial giveaways to promote the coin (known as ‘faucets’, in the cryptocurrency world).

Songcoin focusing on $$$:

Naturally, Franks sees big things ahead for the coin. “We are closely watching Auroracoin with its $230 million market cap along with its distribution designed for Iceland’s population. We see the music listening population as being much larger obviously,” he said.

FUNK is the community-driven alternative:

Anyone can join the Cypherfunks, says de la Rouviere, who describes participants as a “decentralized band”. All musicians have rights to everything produced, and it can remixed and shared by participants in the collective. It is essentially crowdsourced, open sourced music.

The coin will not be premined, he said. “Everyone needs equal stake in the idea for it flourish fully.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: