Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:16:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would ICOs do without bitcointalk?  (Read 408 times)
ogabonny

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:28:06 AM

Bitcointalk forum is the best place to rally support for ICOs since everyone on the platform already has some knowledge about cryptos. Mainstream social media are currently not very welcoming for crypto.
ivlvov

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:32:11 AM

Where would ICOs be today without bitcointalk forum? What will they do if the forum shuts down for some odd reason?
From the posts I read (I stated before in a post, I am more of a reader than a poster, so pardon my mistakes), it seems that all ICOs are breathing bitcointalk.org.
It's probably one of the last active and alive forum in the world and the essence of all Initial Coin Offerings that are launching every day. They are way too many, and too many think they can raise tons of money to fund their ideas easily. As a matter of fact, this forum is the only real catapult for ICOs along with its community. The rest looks like a morning dense fog that tests your driving skills to the max... people(investors) get crashed a lot lately in the ICOs ERA driving through the foggy projects that kids invent every day to get some "lambo" cash.

So the big question, where will ICOs stand till 2020? 99% scam | 0.5% legit projects | 0.5% worthless legit projects; Will bitcointalk still alow ICOs to be posted/promoted/pumped in here?
I think that all ICO pass through the Bitcointalk forum because here is the largest audience of people who are interested in cryptocurrency. Obviously, if the site had disappeared, this would be a real tragedy for all, but eventually the analogs bitcointalk would appear or services such as Bountyhive. It could have happened some kind of innovation and it would be even better than now.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:43:01 AM

ICO without bitcointalk is nonsense, success own ICO 80% in specify from bitcointalk then if not install ICO in bitcointalk then want where else.
Bitcointalk is a bounty hunt where all the information about cryptoccurency is here and everyone can talk here.
MariaSerebrennikova

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:46:36 AM

Yes, I agree with you that the bitcointalk forum is the coolest and most common, it is unparalleled and no other forums! And all ICO, good and bad, all go to the forum and post information about yourself including bounty companies! I do not think that by 2020 something will change, most likely bitcointalk will also remain the most popular and popular forum for ICO.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:47:49 AM

It will make a big impact on ICOs but I think they can use steemit and reddit as substitute to bitcointalk.
TitanAI (OP)

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

I know that ICOs can promote their project elsewhere, like Twitter (spam social media channel), Facebook etc.
But doing marketing for a project that closed the ICO successfully helped me see that all ways at some point in time, bring to bitcointalk forum. That's why I popped that question.
Regarding starting other forums if bitcointalk closes... well such forums already exist, but none of them have the same hype meter like bitcointalk does. And getting a forum where bitcointalk stands today takes time... a LOT of time Smiley
ICOs regulations - everyone expects them but not much is being done towards this, I've seen the HYIP era too and it turned much into what ICOs are today.

westlake4

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:17:43 AM

Bitcointalk forum is the best place to rally support for ICOs since everyone on the platform already has some knowledge about cryptos. Mainstream social media are currently not very welcoming for crypto.

It's a sad thing that mainstream social media doesn't give a good looking for crypto, it's the new technology of the world, the future of the world...
wdelius

Activity: 308

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:19:49 AM

ICOs would be fine without bitcointalk i think. We probably live in a bit of a bitcointalk bubble.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
scoobidoobydu

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:19:57 AM

bitcointalk has become an important hub about cryptos. I always check the ANN thread of the coin first and then website, social, exlplorer, github...

However, there will always be alternatives, so if bitcointalk does not allow ICO anymore (which I double the team will decide that way), there will be another forums for posting the info. And people will know where to look at when finding ICO info.

_____ DSTRA ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA _____
⚫● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRIVACY ▬▬  FAST  ▬▬ LOW FEES   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●⚫
●⚫ ▬▬ Twitter | Facebook | ANN | Discord | Website ▬▬ ⚫●
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:22:53 AM

I think this forum is very good platform for crypto world, but there are also ICO listing platforms, some of them are really good, for example www.icoguide.com, so I guess they also assist projects.
Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:30:46 AM

I think if you lose bitcointalk, these ICO's are still active.
Because they can still promote their ICO project through other promotion methods, they only hope that ICO can succeed.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
pureheart

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:36:17 AM

Where would ICOs be today without bitcointalk forum? What will they do if the forum shuts down for some odd reason?
From the posts I read (I stated before in a post, I am more of a reader than a poster, so pardon my mistakes), it seems that all ICOs are breathing bitcointalk.org.
It's probably one of the last active and alive forum in the world and the essence of all Initial Coin Offerings that are launching every day. They are way too many, and too many think they can raise tons of money to fund their ideas easily. As a matter of fact, this forum is the only real catapult for ICOs along with its community. The rest looks like a morning dense fog that tests your driving skills to the max... people(investors) get crashed a lot lately in the ICOs ERA driving through the foggy projects that kids invent every day to get some "lambo" cash.

So the big question, where will ICOs stand till 2020? 99% scam | 0.5% legit projects | 0.5% worthless legit projects; Will bitcointalk still alow ICOs to be posted/promoted/pumped in here?

Bitcointalk has a great help for all ICO. Because here in the forum there's a lot of investors who are looking for a great project..
But the sad thing about it many of the people are abusing the forum just to deceive people .
liangzi123

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

Currently, publishing ico in the forum is the earliest one, and it is effective, but the effect is getting smaller and smaller. Many new projects, especially high-quality projects, have not been released here, but through websites and various media.

Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 08:09:05 AM

Supporters and teams of ICO projects are active in this forum as they aim to publish projects, Bitcointalk is the best place to publish ICO because this forum has many users with Cryptocurrency community base if this forum is no longer available for ICO projects due to a ban or any reason then they should find an alternative place to publish their project, they can go to other forums or do publicity in different ways

DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:18:48 AM

I do not believe that bitcointalk is major opportunity for ICOs to let investors know about themself. Bounties do not bring that much hype like good rate on icodrops or review from Suppoman

I strongly believe that this forum is the best medium for most ICOs. How? Most ICOs are making their first entry in crypto world by posting an announcement about their platform in this forum. Even without bounty campaign, curiousity will rise by some members or maybe an investor here. This forum creates an impact to most ICOs.
Mary Ofosuhene

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:23:46 AM

I see Bitcointalk forum as the skeleton of every ICO. Without bitcointalk forum, I don't see an ICO surviving because the forum houses a lot of people who are willing and ready to get into altcoins so in an instance where bitcointalk forum is not existing, an ICO will also not survive.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:27:17 AM

Though it may seem this forum is important to the success of ICO's, there are several more forums. I think people would move immediately to a new place if something should happen with this forum.

Also, as for ICO promotions there are already several other ways, where focus isn't too much on forums like these. Several of the best new projects are nowhere to be found over here anyways. Several other great projects are found over here, but if this wasn't available they would simply get their exposure through other means. I for one wouldn't worry too much. This forum is nice, very nice, but crypto will survive either way Smiley
Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:32:38 AM

I think most of the ICO projects currently have legal problems.
Because many countries begin to restrict ICO, if bitcointalk is lost, then ICO project loses an important promotion channel.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:34:44 AM

There are some websites similiar to bitcointalk such as altcointalk.org, but the community is not big as bitcointalk ofcourse.
I think if bitcointalk is shutdown, people will move to another website that can promoted their ICO
TitanAI (OP)

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:07:53 PM

There are some websites similiar to bitcointalk such as altcointalk.org, but the community is not big as bitcointalk ofcourse.
I think if bitcointalk is shutdown, people will move to another website that can promoted their ICO

We all agree that people can move to other platforms for promoting purposes, but we also know that this is a thing that will take time, a lot of time, there are tons of forums that die in 1 or 2 years, bitcointalk is not one of them. But what if?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: