Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find Good ICO not any SCAM??  (Read 351 times)
aminurrahaman (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

As per Cointelegraph "New Study Says 80 Percent of ICOs Conducted in 2017 Were Scams", more details about this just click here

So be careful before investing any ICO.

As per my opinion I am going to share you my knowledge about How find good ICO not any SCAM..

First thing you need to know that this unregulated crypto world is full of scammers who are trying to steal your money and most of the famous way is ICO (Initial Coin Offering).

Business Plan, White Paper and/or Strategic Outline (Industry/Market Problems with Proposed Solutions):—this is important because it tells you what the project is about, why it exists, the problems it aims to solve and how. Roadmap and specific plan on how they plan to operate the business.

Token utility, Blockchain Choice and Crowdsale Structure:—this is important because price is heavily influenced by supply and demand. Sometimes ICO’s are just ‘cash grabs’ where the leadership team only issues, say, 50% of the tokens to ICO backers, holding the rest…this could drastically effect the price of the token if they decided to sell a lot at once, for instance.

Leadership team:—the team behind any project is entrusted with carrying out the steps necessary to building the project, AFTER raising capital from the Initial Coin Offering. Somebody on the team should have technical programming experience.

ICO Listing Sites:—is the project plugged in? If so, how well? Did they make an effort to reach out to listing sites and, if so, what do their ratings look like on the listing sites? Don't give any attention on sponsored ICO or paid promotional ICO.

Github repository (code):—this isn’t always necessary, but it certainly is a positive if the ICO you are evaluating has a Guthub repository with recent contributions to it. This means the project is being worked on/developed.

If you want a good ICO listing site then my preferred is https://icodrops.com/

You can also read a good explanation about big ICOs by Binance CEO CZ (Changpeng Zhao) :- https://steemit.com/binance/@czbinance/5mm9uo-i-don-t-like-big-icos

Thanks in advance for reading my post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyptc

Activity: 2954
Merit: 659

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:57:24 AM

Most of them are scam and many are still inclined of investing into it. Maybe most of those are newbies has been told that there's big money in ICO.

And when they fall to a scam, they'll curse the whole cryptocurrencies because of their bad experience. To anyone that's still interested of investing to ICOs, do a background check if you are interested of investing to any of them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

If you want a good ICO listing site then my preferred is https://icodrops.com/

You can also read a good explanation about big ICOs by Binance CEO CZ (Changpeng Zhao) :- https://steemit.com/binance/@czbinance/5mm9uo-i-don-t-like-big-icos

Thanks in advance for reading my post.

I don't think ICOdrops is a very good site, none of the ICO rating or announcement sites are credible for anything. You can see what ICOs are active but those ''expert reviews'' are nonsense. If you want to find out if an ICO is legit you're really going to have to do the work yourself. Also yes most ICOs are scams and most of these companies conducting ICOs have no business conducting one. I think new comers in the space  would be better off not investing in ICOs at all unless they really feel like they know what they are doing.

aminurrahaman (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:26:36 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I don't think ICOdrops is a very good site, none of the ICO rating or announcement sites are credible for anything. You can see what ICOs are active but those ''expert reviews'' are nonsense. If you want to find out if an ICO is legit you're really going to have to do the work yourself. Also yes most ICOs are scams and most of these companies conducting ICOs have no business conducting one. I think new comers in the space  would be better off not investing in ICOs at all unless they really feel like they know what they are doing.

Thanks for your opinion, I also check every ico point to point not depending on the expert review and when my criteria matched then I invest, I also review other experts advice about that ico.
SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:40:52 PM

ICO Listing Sites:—is the project plugged in? If so, how well? Did they make an effort to reach out to listing sites and, if so, what do their ratings look like on the listing sites? Don't give any attention on sponsored ICO or paid promotional ICO.

Interesting to see that ICO listing sites are increasingly required. I mostly agree with you, however, lots of those listing sites are of low quality and remind me of rubbish link directories that were popular in the early days of SEO. Need to separate the good from the bad. Sponsored ICO listings aren't always a red flag, but they should definitely be trusted less than manually vetted ones.
FeverMore23

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:29:31 AM

You can find a god ICO which is not a scam by determining their team, their project, their community and their also whitepaper. Here, you can know a lot of information on what are they plan on their project. You can know if it is really trusted. You can research the team so you can know their real identity if they are really a trusted person or what. You can read they whitepaper so you can know of they have a potential.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:47:08 AM

Github repository (code):—this isn’t always necessary, but it certainly is a positive if the ICO you are evaluating has a Guthub repository with recent contributions to it. This means the project is being worked on/developed.
This is a good point, and it is relatively easy to check. It is obvious that the vast majority of ICOs don't have a Github presence. Most of the scam ICOs are running on top of ETH, being just ERC-20 tokens, so you can imagine that they don't really intend to do much coding. The few ICOs that do have a GitHub repository are not very active there. So their GitHub presence is super easy to check, and you can even rank them according to the number of their GitHub commits.

dayag

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:54:50 PM

I think 70% ico's are scam they just copy others white paper and publish it and owning itself its quiet hard to indicate whether the ico is good or not better yet always ask the ico readers if its good or not.
Discoperi

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:59:58 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I think 70% ico's are scam they just copy others white paper and publish it and owning itself its quiet hard to indicate whether the ico is good or not better yet always ask the ico readers if its good or not.

Good point! I just realized today that over a half of ICOs offer a 'faster blockchain' decentralized infrastructure for dapps blah-blah-blah with the same specs and so on and ask for millions of dollars whereas you can make one by just branching Ethereum and changing target block time from 10 seconds to 0.1 seconds and you're good to go lol.
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

Actually its so tough to select a legit campaign. Now here and there are coverd by SCAM project.I think you need to find out the projct future, availability, and the dev are real or not. A SCAM project always throw some wrong advertisement you should find it carefully.

csktl

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:35:41 PM

I have thought before that Airdrop that requires KYC is legit & good project because KYC will restrict cheaters from registered members but now I am afraid about some projects requires KYC is to get members' personal information only!
bitmera

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:31:46 AM

look for good team, roadmap, code, github, and actual use of token - for example reduced fees. i.e. https://t.me/lbxcommunity
WHOIMI12

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:40:21 AM

I think the big problem is that everyone likes technology (and technology can be fantastic), but first of all I analyze the team in detail. The team is important!
hualy2

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

Finding a good ICO project requires us to take everything seriously!
1. Read the white paper carefully
2. Carefully check the project homepage
3. Understand product usage and sales channels
4. Join the project community to get more project details through language communication!
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:38:47 AM

Elementary you can check the reliability of the partnership of any project, having learned about this from the team-partners. If partnerships are invalid then - the scam
Antonio18

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

You need to understand the technology of ICO and crypto-currency. If you do not have such knowledge, then choose those ICO, where there is technology and a great potential for squeezing the market. And then just hope for luck.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:45:49 PM

I wrote a text about analysing ICOs here which is a little more in depth but, I'm not an expert, but it might help someone beyond what's already been written: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3760625

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
stellatayvc

Activity: 9
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:58:45 PM

I must say that unfortunately, this is so true. I've been on a team that did a pivot and conducted an ICO out of nowhere because the company is running out of operating funds. A random connection approached my boss and proposed for him to do an ICO as it is the "fastest and easiest way to get funding". We all got on board and the connection became our ICO advisor. Fast forward 6 months, we only raised 300K and most of the funds were spent back into marketing the ICO and market making. Long story short, we ended up where we started and a whitepaper to fulfil...  Cry
nghi2018

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:18:37 PM

You can find good ICO with high rate in https://icodrops.com. You should find more information about their team, their project, their community and their also whitepaper.
Labonikhatun

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:53:59 PM
Merited by Salauddin1994 (1)

There are so many ICOs in the market. I think knowledge about how to find good ICO, not any SCAM. To find a good ICO you need to do a thorough research on parameters like the official website, core team, whitepaper, the IOC's social media presence and pleasantries. While there no guarantee that any Cryptocurrency or blockchain related to startup will be legitimate or successful.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: