Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:26:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious Question Needs Honest Answer, What Am I Doing Wrong not to earn Merit?  (Read 324 times)
flying_bit (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:45:36 PM

Having or not having Merit or Rank will not stop you from meaningful participation on this forum. Since you are a "a self confessed and proud  bounty hunter", then you want it for Sig. Campaigns. If that is the only reason you are here, you really need a life, job and a good companion animal to further your life's ambitions or lack of.

I totally agree with you, merit shouldn't stop one for making meaningful conversation. But you're wrong in saying I only want merit for Sig. campaign but then ofcourse I wont be able to convince you coz like you said I'm a self confessed proud bounty hunter. Also, I have a job and earning nicely. I'm married with 2kids and yup, have a lovely puppy who wiggle his tail whenever he sees me.

Quick Fact - Did you know that rewarding tokens idea (bounty and airdrops) originally comes from Faucet system. And this is "offering them some free coins so that they can "try before they buy", experimenting with a test transaction or two before putting real money on the line. Since this whole experience is so new and a bit complicated to people, this is a beneficial way to promote digital currency and bring in new users."

Part in bold copy pasted from here, about halfway down: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aeuxmx2pofkJ:bitverts.io/see%3Fptc%26v%3D50aa59edd0e160fe125abba1a72049728d90fe7c+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Not really making a good case for yourself here, dude.

That's why I put the sentence I copy paste in " " mean I get the quote from somewhere if you notice. But thanks for pointing that out.

Quote from: The Pharmacist
He's definitely shot himself in the foot.
Thank you, now I learned something from you. Don't be too hard on me and newbies like me, if it's not too obvious I'm trying to improve myself. And, yes I check the bitcointalk rules again.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmyhate

Activity: 10
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:48:19 PM

<snip>
Good catch, my man.  Did you report him for plagiarism?  If you didn't, please do.  It's good to point it out to the community, especially in a thread like this, but copy/pasting is a permaban offense and the mods need to know about it.  I'd also suggest that when you cite examples like this, say whether it's been reported or not.

He's definitely shot himself in the foot. 

Yup, already reported. His "Quick Fact" being completely unrelated to everything else made me pretty suspicious.
Lightsource

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:57:08 PM

You're not doing anything wrong other than caring too much, which in turn leads to stress. Almost as though you need validation.

In my opinion you should just post freely, without spamming and low quality posts. And if nobody merits you, don't even think about it. Just move on to your next topic. Don't go back to check if you've been merited.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:26:01 AM

<...>

Thank you. I will try but I'm afraid to be a tech know how wanna be and instead of getting recognition people will just see me as a fool who's trying hard to pretend I know something I dont.

<...>

So why you are here dude? This is the bitcointalk forum... It's like you join for example DOTA forum and say that you can't play the game, you don't know the mechanics, the strategy, etc.

You can just learn to improve your posting quality, and also you'll be able to post on the board that actually matter (not mega-thread).

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
domnablo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:21:20 AM

If you would have asked this question at the time, merit was introduced, you would have got some merits on this thread itself. But it does not work anymore.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: