Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade-Btc.com no fee exchange!  (Read 1154 times)
Vince Torres (OP)

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 10:56:36 PM

Hey guys,

We're here to announce that for the first two months our exchange Trade-Btc.com will not have any fees whatsoever. So if you've been searching for a place in which you can buy and sell your Bitcoins without any fees, your search is over.

Here are some of our features for those who haven't heard of us:

Buying & Selling

On our website we provide an exchange medium to buy and sell Bitcoins. A user places a buy(ask) or a bid (sale), from there your order is either matched with any open orders, or will remain open until it is matched.

Sending Bitcoins

This is a feature we wanted to see in an exchange for a very long time. With this feature you can send Bitcoins to other Trade-Btc.com users without having to wait for network confirmations. This will allow for faster transactions and increased volume with Bitcoin transactions.

Deposits/Withdraws
For now our deposits and withdraw methods are as follows:

Dwolla
Paxum
Liberty Reserve

Future features

Trading API's and European markets will be up within the next few weeks. We will be rolling out the updates as soon as they are available.

Beyond this we will be unveiling a feature within the next few months, that will allow much easier access to Bitcoins. So your average Joe might be inclined to purchase a few Bits.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns please feel free to send us an email @ Admin@trade-Btc.com

We're also on twitter:
@TradeBtcLLC
And Facebook:
@Trade-Btc.com

We're a relatively new exchange, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
From Vince and the Trade-Btc.com

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:00:39 AM

Thanks,

Congratulations for putting a real office address in your contact info (I even checked out the place on google maps). It might be worth changing the whois info to reflect the office address too. One other suggestion I might make is to have a profile picture and full name of everyone involved with the exchange.

There is a lot of natural mistrust in the community after recent events, so accountability is the key to success for any new business like this. I don't think that it is possible to run an exchange these days and be anonymous.

There are many people like myself who have large reserves of BTC in offline storage who are waiting for the day that a trusted and transparent exchange wins our confidence. I'd love to trade again. I missed the buzz.

So I wish you the best of luck, and I'm watching with interest.
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:09:10 AM

Thanks,

Congratulations for putting a real office address in your contact info (I even checked out the place on google maps). It might be worth changing the whois info to reflect the office address too. One other suggestion I might make is to have a profile picture and full name of everyone involved with the exchange.

There is a lot of natural mistrust in the community after recent events, so accountability is the key to success for any new business like this. I don't think that it is possible to run an exchange these days and be anonymous.

There are many people like myself who have large reserves of BTC in offline storage who are waiting for the day that a trusted and transparent exchange wins our confidence. I'd love to trade again. I missed the buzz.

So I wish you the best of luck, and I'm watching with interest.

Thanks for your interest. We understand the overall feeling of uneasiness in the Bitcoin community. So we strive to be as transparent as possible in our exchange.
Also not sure which WHOIS service you use; but on godaddy it has our office information. If that's the reason the site's information hasn't been showing up then sorry for the confusion. Here's the link to the godaddy WHOIS.

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 02:28:32 AM

but on godaddy it has our office information.
Not really.

10100 santa monica blvd.
Los Angles, California 90025
United States

Please post the suite number and zip+4. We'll check if you are renting more than the mailbox in that skyscraper.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:07:35 AM

but on godaddy it has our office information.
Not really.

10100 santa monica blvd.
Los Angles, California 90025
United States

Please post the suite number and zip+4. We'll check if you are renting more than the mailbox in that skyscraper.
The law firm I work out of allows me to rent a small office out of their floor. The zip is 90067 and the floor is the 13th.

JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:11:30 AM

The law firm I work out of allows me to rent a small office out of their floor. The zip is 90067 and the floor is the 13th.
Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones?
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:17:17 AM

Again, please post the suite # and at least the next 4 digits (after first five) of the USPS zip code.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:35:01 AM

Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones?
Yup, that's it. I do IT work for them.

Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:38:51 AM

Again, please post the suite # and at least the next 4 digits (after first five) of the USPS zip code.

Because they own the floor, there is no specific suite number. Here is the full zip 90067-0076.

Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:21:39 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2011, 04:52:54 AM by 2112

Because they own the floor, there is no specific suite number. Here is the full zip 90067-0076.
Everyone in that building needs to supply the suite number to receive mail. Even if they rent whole floor. This is a high turnover building with rapidly changing clientele using short term leases on pre-furnished offices. From my quick look about 1/4 to 1/3 addresses in that building are marked as "Vacant" or "No Delivery". The +4 extension given (0076) was not used to deliver any mail (at least this year) and is currently marked as "Invalid". The ZIP code supplied with the GoDaddy (90025) registration is incorrect too: it is rather poor residential area of West Los Angeles primary occupied by transients with comparatively few long term residents. The corrected ZIP code (90067) is a very upscale address in Century City overlooking Beverly Hills, ideal for an office requiring personal contact and close to a wide pool of temporary workers living nearby.

I'm actually curious if there's anyone here willing to send money to "Vince from IT" who doesn't know the correct postal address for his own office, but he's sure that he works on the 13 floor. Maybe this will be your "Lucky 13"?

Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:25:44 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2011, 05:03:49 AM by Trade-Btc.com

The four number extension doesn't need to be used for mail in and out of the building. It get's sent directly to the thirteenth floor, and from there it's sorted. I had to google that four number extension, I don't think many people in the office know it, if any.

Edit*
I have an address within the 90025 area, therefore confusion sometimes arises.
Also we only recently moved to the thirteenth floor, before that we were on eleven, nine and four.

Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 05:12:15 AM

The four number extension doesn't need to be used for mail in and out of the building. It get's sent directly to the thirteenth floor, and from there it's sorted. I had to google that four number extension, I don't think many people in the office know it, if any.
Dude, you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper into your hole.

This is why people like MtGox (and many others) ask for the copy of the utility bill. It allows quick verification of the full ZIP code (5+4+2+1) and find if it is consistent with the bar code and the postal databases.

If this whole Trade-Btc.com wasn't a fiction it would have received at least one piece of mail and its owner would be able to simply type its full postal code with delivery point and checksum.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 05:20:00 AM

This is why people like MtGox (and many others) ask for the copy of the utility bill. It allows quick verification of the full ZIP code (5+4+2+1) and find if it is consistent with the bar code and the postal databases.

If this whole Trade-Btc.com wasn't a fiction it would have received at least one piece of mail and its owner would be able to simply type its full postal code with delivery point and checksum.

Presumably it would only take a phone call or email to the law firm concerned to establish whether they're renting out an office to the OP.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vince Torres (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 05:27:22 AM

Presumably it would only take a phone call or email to the law firm concerned to establish whether they're renting out an office to the OP.
Yes, if you wish to verify my office space, please do.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 02:03:36 AM

Bump.

Again, trying to keep all your treads close together.

Bruno
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: