Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:49:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509623 times)
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

Apparently nothing more is needed from me than this quote, since it seems like there isn't single poster against the "foundation" that can seem to address it? So I'll just continue to quote it. Those who view this thread can see what we've done and decide for themselves if they'd like a group like us leading BC. Wink

@brammien. I will continue to quote myself if I have to. Wink

Self appointed is right. They are managing millions in a land grab. I and many others have concerns when a lot of money is at stake. I'm very upset about this foundation forming.

It has taken since the beginning of BC, starting from rat4 and Soepkip, to branch out and find the right members for this "foundation". This isn't something that just happened overnight. If you can't trust a group of people that over time (and without a premine or IPO to work off, meaning their own time and money)

1. Laid down the infrastructure to make BC relevant with its pools
2. Funded CoinKite (thanks for the help Mintpal)
3. Funded promos for the miners like Black Friday and KNC Titan
4. Done their own PR through Twitter, Reddit, etc
5. A sponsor in Dogecon SF
6. Started up Blackcoin Farm
7. Started Blackcast and showed their faces
8. Now starting a huge PR campaign (Foundation "officially" formed here, a good 2 months after BC was released and after they have provided the above)

I don't what else you want? Legal names, addresses, phone numbers, day jobs, and etc? Maybe that will soon come, I don't know. But I could certainly understand if some people are not willing to put their personal information here in crypto land, at least not this soon. After all, everyone keeps talking about BC is still a young coin (which it is). But I'm sure all of that will come with time.

If you want to get more involved, then get more involved. Nobody is stopping you. And simply posting on BTCTalk isn't going to accomplish that. If you're serious about being proactive, then do it. Go to Blackcointalk, and start a new project thread. Outline the details, costs, time frame, etc. Get Soepkip or other known members of BC on it. Expose it to these "foundation" members that may actually be able to fund it if they like it!

With that said, it doesn't have to be the only group (and yes I am hinting at IE's group) that leads BC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
morituri13

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:32:38 PM

Thomas-s the nice thing about reddit is it can separate out topics... It was a nightmare going through all the arguments on this thread looking for any community ideas. http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/24p7i5/pr_firm_transparency_and_please_list_your_ideas/
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:35:27 PM

just a little fyi

I sent 20 btc to mintpal on friday to buy more blackcoins.
but all this squabbling is making me hold back pulling the trigger.

I hold a lot of blackcoins, and i was thinking that the drive to a dollar was just around the corner, I still think it may be but all this foundation bashing and iconic slamming has to stop.  unlike iconic who has to much to lose to actually sell out, us small, do nothing investers will take profits and hold if we see things going south

cheers and hope

bitcoin carpenter

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
edu91

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:41:18 PM

Hey guys,

I've been working on some kind of paper wallet. For people that want to hold large sums of BC in cold storage. Or people that are scared of getting hacked. It's just a small concept. Didn't spend to much time on it although Id like to share. Maybe you guys have some suggestions aswell.

It's basicly a envelop with keys inside. I'm still designing the inside paper.
You can slide the paper keys out of the envelop, like some giftcards have aswell. The "Amount" is a small window. So depending on what you put in the envelop shows through the window as amount.

Btw. I want to add that this is just the envelop. Perhaps I could make a A4 template that you can download which fits the envelop's window and size so that you can print your own keys instead of handing them over to the distributor.

you can print/send encrypted key so there is no problem actually
just like these guys do https://woodwallets.io/bip38-howto/

Oh thats cool. I'll look into it!
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:42:47 PM

just a little fyi

I hold a lot of blackcoins, and i was thinking that the drive to a dollar was just around the corner, I still think it may be but all this foundation bashing and iconic slamming has to stop.  unlike iconic who has to much to lose to actually sell out, us small, do nothing investers will take profits and hold if we see things going south

cheers and hope

bitcoin carpenter

if you're trading based on btctalk alone then you might want to rethink your trading strategy.

think anyone is selling before blackcoin goes live on coinkite june 1st?

Astroxjr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:42:55 PM

just a little fyi

cheers and hope

bitcoin carpenter

Still a massive amount of day traders in BC.
Those can't be considered do nothing as they keep the activity and volume buoyant.

I tend to day trade other coins and throw my profit( little) into BC or to any development/PR fund i feel has answered my basic criteria.
agxio

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:43:42 PM

BlackCoin Community: Did you know you can trade BC/BTC at Austin Global Exchange? We've rolled out feature enhancements over the last week including updates to Chat, Markets, and more. You can automate your BlackCoin trading via our Trade API - just generate your unique API Key via your AGX Profile Manager and check out api.agx.io for documentation details. We've also launched a referral bonus: Get 15 free trades for each friend you refer! Your friends get 15 free trades for signing up too!

Come check out Austin Global Exchange at agx.io!

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507474
bitcointalk handles: "agxio," "AustinGlobal"
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:44:14 PM

Hey guys,

I've been working on some kind of paper wallet. For people that want to hold large sums of BC in cold storage. Or people that are scared of getting hacked. It's just a small concept. Didn't spend to much time on it although Id like to share. Maybe you guys have some suggestions aswell.

It's basicly a envelop with keys inside. I'm still designing the inside paper.
You can slide the paper keys out of the envelop, like some giftcards have aswell. The "Amount" is a small window. So depending on what you put in the envelop shows through the window as amount.

Btw. I want to add that this is just the envelop. Perhaps I could make a A4 template that you can download which fits the envelop's window and size so that you can print your own keys instead of handing them over to the distributor.

you can print/send encrypted key so there is no problem actually
just like these guys do https://woodwallets.io/bip38-howto/

Oh thats cool. I'll look into it!

Would be nice if we could get an official tool.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:57:48 PM

just a little fyi

cheers and hope

bitcoin carpenter

if you're trading based on btctalk alone then you might want to rethink your trading strategy.

think anyone is selling before blackcoin goes live on coinkite june 1st?

I was just trying to figure out why people were selling when coinkite comes out june1 st
im not trading because of bitcointalk. the reason  im not trading is because the pressure is down, and I still have a month to buy more when i see things have settled.

more or less im not gonna panic buy, but i never panic sell

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:01:26 PM

just a little fyi

cheers and hope

bitcoin carpenter

Although you didn't respond to my previous post, I agree with you 100% here. Not only do I have a lot to lose so does a lot of other investors. I want to get back to business and it seems now FUD is the business of BlackCoin. We all know I have an ego, but do we really need 100 pages to point out I have an ego? I rather people post 100 pages on another forum how awesome BlackCoin is. People are so focused on me but once again we wasted a week where we could have really made some buzz. Whether you like the BlackCoin card or not, it made news on CoinDesk. And although I do profit from it, it doesn't mean we all can't profit from the news and attention it brings! We should have been posting that article everywhere to let people know how creative this community is. I do not let my ego get in the way of making money. If SoepKip or another member gets us on CoinDesk or a similar service I will be posting that news everywhere I can...

Hopefully this negativity stops here with this post. I actually think a healthy rivalry is a good thing because it motivates both sides to do better. But it is never good when it gets to the level of talking about someone's wife.

Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

please have look at this idea and tell me if you like it Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/24pakj/pridea_sponsoring_pirate_partyies_or_their_events/

Arigard

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:18:05 PM

I've said this many times before on there, your multipool is an accomplishment and done something, you guys get credit for this, but again and again does it matter if it's not marketed? This game of cryptos is about 95% marketing right now, and 5% projects. Those projects will only pay off when the marketing is done on them or over time. You guys don't get this, and I don't expect you to.

5% of your hard working efforts will only be noticed. You need to grasp that when your working on projects. Only once BC becomes LTC status of BTC status will your hard work have paid off and be noticed. It will be in time, but as of now it's about development that will take BC to next level, it's about marketing. We need both, and I commend you guys on this part, but your not businessmen and please stop this foundation, you'll kill this coin.

A note about Marketing for a moment

People are just crying MARKET MARKET MARKET, because they have no long term vision. 95% of people in crypto only care about the short term.

Everyone goes on about market this and that, but if the infrastructure isn't in place to promote, then it's pointless to market anything. If the foundation did a drive to promote the multipool before v2 has been completed, then new miners would just see a WIP and get turned off.

You can't just blindly market and expect it to work, it needs the right timing. Does no-one realize this? If the technology behind the coin is not in place, then all the marketing in the world will not matter, because attention will just be brought towards things that are NOT FINISHED.

To complete a good marketing campaign you need to make sure that your systems are strong enough to support the attention you are going to receive. Right now our core markets are A) Crypto enthusiasts b) Miners and c) Forward thinking investors who see a future in Crypto.

v2 is very close to being released, it will provide a very strong foundation for Black-coin. It opens up a sleek and attractive and more importantly, unique option to provide to the mining market. It is the most profitable pool out there, which in itself will bring people to it, but when it is finalized it will also be sleek, professional and will offer something NO OTHER POOL OFFERS. People have worked incredibly hard to create something in this multi-pool that will stand it above and beyond anything else that already exists on the market.

If you for one minute doubt how important that is to the current Crypto environment, then why has every single copycat coin (and already existing coins) in the last month suddenly panicked themselves into finding a way to integrate Multipool architecture into their coins?

I don't see every coin out there create USB cards, but I do see them building Multipools. I'm not trying to attack anyone here, I think any effort to help benefit this coin should be applauded, but I'm fed up with seeing people just clashing heads and down-talking other peoples work. If there is a criticism to be made of EVERYONE, it is that noone right now seems to be considering a long term plan and many questions are simply not being addressed in a unified way.

Take a step back

In the last week the team has dealt with a severe DDOS (and put in considerable defenses against these and successfully negated follow up attempts), done the Blackcast to open themselves up to their current core following, prepared the v2 multipool front end, completed the v2 backend and put together a marketing strategy for WHEN EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED and ready to cope with external pressure.

Blindly screaming MARKET MARKET MARKET will do more harm than good. Going to Wall Street and having the worlds attention turned to Blackcoin whilst many of the underlying areas are still being heavily worked on will simply apply too much pressure to areas that are already under stress. Give people a fucking break, let them finish the considerable work they are doing and be patient.

Has anyone out there actually considered the harm that one big Wall Street Whale could do to Blackcoin? After the dump from 90k people were ready to kill themselves out of depression all over IRC and these forums. That is but a tiny fraction of what could happen if we open the market up to people that could abuse and manipulate our coin for their own benefit in a short period of time. Our market cap is CHUMP CHANGE, for some people out there in the financial world, think about that for a moment, before your eyes fill with dollar signs. Not only that, they know how to play people like us much better than we know how to play them.

Part of marketing is thinking about the potential ramifications for the strategies you are putting in place, so let me ask a few questions for a moment.

1. Why are we targeting Wall Street?
2. Who is our target audience? Is it the world, is it the press, is it market traders?
3. What is our mission in attracting these people? Are we looking for patronage? etc etc

Everyone wants this coin to be a 'Luxury coin' but answer these:

1. What luxury goods can you actually buy with it?
2. Are these markets unique to Blackcoin? I.E If you can buy them with Bitcoin, what seperate Blackcoin aside from words?

I see a lot of blind yes men in this thread simply agree with things for the sake of believing that a) All marketing will be beneficial for the coin and b) that there is simply no need for timing. We can believe and make videos about Blackcoin being 'Luxury' all we want, but if you can't buy shit with it, then it's all just bullshit and people will see through it in seconds. You cannot market Blackcoin as a Luxury coin right now if there is zero infrastructure to back up that claim.

It's simple. When we have deals with Lambourghini and Rolex allowing people to purchase their goods with Blackcoin, THEN, we can talk about marketing the coin to the wider public as a luxury, but until then, stop talking about it. What we have is different to a product, we are not selling a consumable, we are selling a means to purchase consumables. In that respect you cannot just drum up a campaign to convince people they want Blackcoin, especially if that campaign is based around using it for something that physically doesn't exist.

Focus attention in the right areas and focus on the brand of the coin first and foremost.  

Timing is -everything-

Look at our rise to 90k, why did that happen? Because multiple factors all came together at exactly the right time. We had the convention, where the Blackcoin Foundation were present, we had the Black Friday, we had the Wall Street investment and we had the timing to be the first PoS coin to really grab the crypto worlds attention. All of those together turned that weekend into a frenzy of BC buying power. Why didn't the rise continue? Because it reached a point where the fundamental development and infrastructure of the coin could not support the hype.

Fast forward a month and we have people going crazy over marketing simply because they want some cash. Has anything really changed? Do we have the infrastructure to support such a rise? I would argue we definitely do not right now and that until Coinkite hits, we are still in exactly the same situation. Who knows what Coinkite will do? It might be incredible, it might not be, but until Blackcoin has a place in everyday society the mass public are not going to adopt it. Most people still don't even know about Bitcoin yet and it has only been in the last few weeks that I have been seeing "Bitcoin for dummies" videos over the local news channels (BBC etc).

Right now our target audience should be miners and the crypto enthusiasts. Build upon that solid foundation, first convince the crypto world that Blackcoin is the coin that sets itself apart from the other alt coins and then once they have been won over we can worry about the wider world. Stop trying to rush things, stop trying to convince everyone that screaming to the roof tops will do more good than harm when the social infrastructure for this coin is simply not ready to be accepted into everyday life. Not even Bitcoin has achieved that, so how can we expect to? We can build towards it, we can begin to work out how it might happen, but if we just scream to anyone that will listen, their first impressions of this coin is going to simply be "Well what is the point? How do I use it?"

From that standpoint, we need a PR team to help us with out ambitions, because I don't see logistics being answered, or even considered anywhere. Everyone is two steps ahead of where they should be. You can't force people to adopt blackcoin by ramming it down their throats, you need to be clever and have a clear plan that matches the social and technological progress of the product.

My two cents.

-Arigard.
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:20:58 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 05:33:29 PM by blade87

We all know I have an ego, but do we really need 100 pages to point out I have an ego? I rather people post 100 pages on another forum how awesome BlackCoin is. People are so focused on me but once again we wasted a week where we could have really made some buzz.

You should have stopped your ego from tearing up the dev's project. All of this recent mess, stemmed from your original post about how the PR campaign is the worst choice any start up business can make (as if BC or any crypto is your typical startup). Not only that, but you also made others believe it was such a bad decision and that we are some kind of amateurs running BC. From there, it spiraled into chaos. And this chaos was also the result tension that was building up from some of the investors who put a lot of time and money into BC, and really didn't enjoy you taking all the credit for everything that BC has accomplished - while downplaying everyone's accomplishments outside of your own.

This needs to be settled now. Trying to move this under the carpet again is a no go. We settle this now, and not later on when we are at $1+ and there will be a lot more money at stake. Because as you know, this isn't the first time... and this time was a lot worse than the previous one. I don't even want to know what a third time a month or two from now may look like if we don't address this now.

So, I ask, where do we start the compromise? (take time to think all, we don't responses/solutions right this instant, this is important and requires time and thorough thought)
morituri13

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:26:44 PM

Arigard, nice writeup. As to our target audience, it is my belief we should focus not on crypto-enthusiasts but those just outside crypto... see the discussion here: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/24p7i5/pr_firm_transparency_and_please_list_your_ideas/
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

We all know I have an ego, but do we really need 100 pages to point out I have an ego? I rather people post 100 pages on another forum how awesome BlackCoin is. People are so focused on me but once again we wasted a week where we could have really made some buzz.

You should have stopped your ego from tearing up the dev's project. All of this recent mess, stemmed from your original post about how the PR campaign is the worst choice any start up business can make (as if BC or any crypto is your typical startup). Not only that, but you also made others believe it was such a bad decision and that we are some kind of amateurs running BC. From there, it spiraled into chaos. And this chaos was also the result tension that was building up from some of the investors who put a lot of time and money into BC, and really didn't enjoy you taking all the credit for everything that BC has accomplished - while downplaying everyone's accomplishments outside of your own.

This needs to be settled now. Trying to move this under the carpet again is a no go. We settle this now, and not later on when we are at $1+ and there will be a lot more money at stake. Because as you know, this isn't the first time... and this time was a lot worse than the previous one. I don't even want to know what a third time a month or two from now may look like if we don't address this now.

So, I ask, where do we start the compromise?

+1 before IE's post, everyone was excited and interested and there was buzz. All positivity. After that it just exploded and we are where we are now.

Price is back to 29k. Let's focus on continue to fund BOTH projects. If you don't like one, don't give to it. No need to trash it. It might fail but big deal. At least it's movement. At least people are doing something to make this a better coin. Who knows which idea will be the home run.

Just a few of the things people are working on:

Wall Street
PR firm
Crop Circle(s)
MIT handout
Paper Wallet/Envelope
Throwing them off a building with $ (if that becomes a reality)...I read a post before about it happening at a baseball stadium and it getting national attention, so might be kinda cool?
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:50:44 PM

I've said this many times before on there, your multipool is an accomplishment and done something, you guys get credit for this, but again and again does it matter if it's not marketed? This game of cryptos is about 95% marketing right now, and 5% projects. Those projects will only pay off when the marketing is done on them or over time. You guys don't get this, and I don't expect you to.

5% of your hard working efforts will only be noticed. You need to grasp that when your working on projects. Only once BC becomes LTC status of BTC status will your hard work have paid off and be noticed. It will be in time, but as of now it's about development that will take BC to next level, it's about marketing. We need both, and I commend you guys on this part, but your not businessmen and please stop this foundation, you'll kill this coin.

A note about Marketing for a moment

People are just crying MARKET MARKET MARKET, because they have no long term vision. 95% of people in crypto only care about the short term.

Everyone goes on about market this and that, but if the infrastructure isn't in place to promote, then it's pointless to market anything. If the foundation did a drive to promote the multipool before v2 has been completed, then new miners would just see a WIP and get turned off.

You can't just blindly market and expect it to work, it needs the right timing. Does no-one realize this? If the technology behind the coin is not in place, then all the marketing in the world will not matter, because attention will just be brought towards things that are NOT FINISHED.

To complete a good marketing campaign you need to make sure that your systems are strong enough to support the attention you are going to receive. Right now our core markets are A) Crypto enthusiasts b) Miners and c) Forward thinking investors who see a future in Crypto.

v2 is very close to being released, it will provide a very strong foundation for Black-coin. It opens up a sleek and attractive and more importantly, unique option to provide to the mining market. It is the most profitable pool out there, which in itself will bring people to it, but when it is finalized it will also be sleek, professional and will offer something NO OTHER POOL OFFERS. People have worked incredibly hard to create something in this multi-pool that will stand it above and beyond anything else that already exists on the market.

If you for one minute doubt how important that is to the current Crypto environment, then why has every single copycat coin (and already existing coins) in the last month suddenly panicked themselves into finding a way to integrate Multipool architecture into their coins?

I don't see every coin out there create USB cards, but I do see them building Multipools. I'm not trying to attack anyone here, I think any effort to help benefit this coin should be applauded, but I'm fed up with seeing people just clashing heads and down-talking other peoples work. If there is a criticism to be made of EVERYONE, it is that noone right now seems to be considering a long term plan and many questions are simply not being addressed in a unified way.

Take a step back

In the last week the team has dealt with a severe DDOS (and put in considerable defenses against these and successfully negated follow up attempts), done the Blackcast to open themselves up to their current core following, prepared the v2 multipool front end, completed the v2 backend and put together a marketing strategy for WHEN EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED and ready to cope with external pressure.

Blindly screaming MARKET MARKET MARKET will do more harm than good. Going to Wall Street and having the worlds attention turned to Blackcoin whilst many of the underlying areas are still being heavily worked on will simply apply too much pressure to areas that are already under stress. Give people a fucking break, let them finish the considerable work they are doing and be patient.

Has anyone out there actually considered the harm that one big Wall Street Whale could do to Blackcoin? After the dump from 90k people were ready to kill themselves out of depression all over IRC and these forums. That is but a tiny fraction of what could happen if we open the market up to people that could abuse and manipulate our coin for their own benefit in a short period of time. Our market cap is CHUMP CHANGE, for some people out there in the financial world, think about that for a moment, before your eyes fill with dollar signs. Not only that, they know how to play people like us much better than we know how to play them.

Part of marketing is thinking about the potential ramifications for the strategies you are putting in place, so let me ask a few questions for a moment.

1. Why are we targeting Wall Street?
2. Who is our target audience? Is it the world, is it the press, is it market traders?
3. What is our mission in attracting these people? Are we looking for patronage? etc etc

Everyone wants this coin to be a 'Luxury coin' but answer these:

1. What luxury goods can you actually buy with it?
2. Are these markets unique to Blackcoin? I.E If you can buy them with Bitcoin, what seperate Blackcoin aside from words?

I see a lot of blind yes men in this thread simply agree with things for the sake of believing that a) All marketing will be beneficial for the coin and b) that there is simply no need for timing. We can believe and make videos about Blackcoin being 'Luxury' all we want, but if you can't buy shit with it, then it's all just bullshit and people will see through it in seconds. You cannot market Blackcoin as a Luxury coin right now if there is zero infrastructure to back up that claim.

It's simple. When we have deals with Lambourghini and Rolex allowing people to purchase their goods with Blackcoin, THEN, we can talk about marketing the coin to the wider public as a luxury, but until then, stop talking about it. What we have is different to a product, we are not selling a consumable, we are selling a means to purchase consumables. In that respect you cannot just drum up a campaign to convince people they want Blackcoin, especially if that campaign is based around using it for something that physically doesn't exist.

Focus attention in the right areas and focus on the brand of the coin first and foremost.  

Timing is -everything-

Look at our rise to 90k, why did that happen? Because multiple factors all came together at exactly the right time. We had the convention, where the Blackcoin Foundation were present, we had the Black Friday, we had the Wall Street investment and we had the timing to be the first PoS coin to really grab the crypto worlds attention. All of those together turned that weekend into a frenzy of BC buying power. Why didn't the rise continue? Because it reached a point where the fundamental development and infrastructure of the coin could not support the hype.

Fast forward a month and we have people going crazy over marketing simply because they want some cash. Has anything really changed? Do we have the infrastructure to support such a rise? I would argue we definitely do not right now and that until Coinkite hits, we are still in exactly the same situation. Who knows what Coinkite will do? It might be incredible, it might not be, but until Blackcoin has a place in everyday society the mass public are not going to adopt it. Most people still don't even know about Bitcoin yet and it has only been in the last few weeks that I have been seeing "Bitcoin for dummies" videos over the local news channels (BBC etc).

Right now our target audience should be miners and the crypto enthusiasts. Build upon that solid foundation, first convince the crypto world that Blackcoin is the coin that sets itself apart from the other alt coins and then once they have been won over we can worry about the wider world. Stop trying to rush things, stop trying to convince everyone that screaming to the roof tops will do more good than harm when the social infrastructure for this coin is simply not ready to be accepted into everyday life. Not even Bitcoin has achieved that, so how can we expect to? We can build towards it, we can begin to work out how it might happen, but if we just scream to anyone that will listen, their first impressions of this coin is going to simply be "Well what is the point? How do I use it?"

From that standpoint, we need a PR team to help us with out ambitions, because I don't see logistics being answered, or even considered anywhere. Everyone is two steps ahead of where they should be. You can't force people to adopt blackcoin by ramming it down their throats, you need to be clever and have a clear plan that matches the social and technological progress of the product.

My two cents.

-Arigard.

First, Arigard, who are you, since this is your second post ever.

I would strongly disagree with you, marketing is everything above and beyond developement. Development is important, but takes is only part of this. Look at kittiecoin if you need a reference. They were huge on development and lacked on marketing. They didn't capitialize on memes, and wasted efforts on developing coin, which they at time had one of the strongest teams in crypto alts. They failed. DOGE on otherhand did most of what they did on hype and marketing. There is nothing special about DOGE, it's an alt LTC clone, but made itself one of the best coins out there.

BTC, sure it was first, and got noticed cause of that, but it's being actively marketed on purpose or cause it was first. Either way it's being marketed. It has by far biggest market cap. Now tell me, anyone that understands cryptos would in a heartbeat point out how inferior BTC is to any alt, yet it demands prices of 400 + per coin. Its slow, lacking, outdated, energy intense. Yet BC is greener, fast, innovative, pure POS, not minable. If we can market these things we would be #1.

Look outside community, not just inside the box. We have millions of people to reach. Hype and marketing will only do this, and will also bring more people on board as success follows success.

Your putting the cart before the horse here. Now both are important, we just can't have a board of unelected programmers running the business operations with the blackcoin foundation behind the name of there effort.

I just can't understand why more people here are not upset about this foundation forming, cause once you let it happen, good luck removing those in power positions. It will be near impossible. There is not democratic process to do so.
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:53:39 PM

BTW, the crop I love the crop circle idea, what a media buzz. I just would like to know how this will be pulled off and do people involved know how to do this? Can we get proffessionals to create crop circles, like artists? We need to make sure this is done right, like some of the best crop circle out there in past.

What a buzz that would create if this was pulled off correctly.
Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

BTW, the crop I love the crop circle idea, what a media buzz. I just would like to know how this will be pulled off and do people involved know how to do this? Can we get proffessionals to create crop circles, like artists? We need to make sure this is done right, like some of the best crop circle out there in past.

What a buzz that would create if this was pulled off correctly.
I am not sure if it was here or over on reddit, but we had a professional farmer posting who gave some insight.
As far as i remember a crop circle must not necessarily be created "the detructive way" but can be "programmed" - but it is still too early in the year right now.

So we should probably find a farmer who actually seeds a BC crop cirlce?

KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

BlackcoinDirectory has been updated. Check it out: http://blackcoindirectory.com

Still in development, but getting closer.

Working on a better adjusting resizing to fit more screen sizes, better menu system, dynamic suggestions, and getting every useful Blackcoin link there is! If you have any suggestions or see something missing, posts are appreciated.
prisius

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:00:04 PM

I hate when irrational poeple are selling. yesh sell at cheap price when it's not time....

MACD telling up
RSI up
fibonacci UP
EVERYTHING IS TELLING UP but they are selling.

Humanity gonna kill us for some shit.

there is a rational and logic tip i give you for free. BUY BLACKCOIN ==> MAKE IT A PARADIGME ==> SELL IT ! the unholly name of ass.

why poeple are acting with emotion and not logic for god sake.
Pages: « 1 ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: