[ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi

Pages: << < (6878/6970) > >>

rat4:

Quote from: Buchi-88 on August 12, 2018, 11:44:43 AM
--
So i can use the "old" 1.2.5 Wallet with the old wallet.dat anyway? When i use the "old" wallest.dat with the nes 1.2.5.1 im with the old BLK on the new chain or in the future a swap is possible?

--

1.2.5 is current version. 1.2.5.1 adds burning functions (for the swap in future)

rat4:

Quote from: Gritt-N-Auld on August 12, 2018, 09:40:10 AM
--
Quote from: rat4 on August 12, 2018, 08:33:21 AM
--
Quote from: Gritt-N-Auld on August 11, 2018, 05:08:01 PM
--
"PoS: Although it is possible to shoehorn proof-of-stake into a UTXO paradigm, such a paradigm is much more complicated and ugly than just using accounts."

Rat4, if you are going to pretend that PoS works better on an account based system, spoiler it doesn't, don't manipulate the original source of information to fit your goals.

Original Text from Ethereum:

"Simplicity: easier to code and understand, especially once more complex scripts become involved. Although it is possible to shoehorn arbitrary decentralized applications into a UTXO paradigm, essentially by giving scripts the ability to restrict what kinds of UTXO a given UTXO can be spent to, and requiring spends to include Merkle tree proofs of change-of-application-state-root that scripts evaluate, such a paradigm is much more complicated and ugly than just using accounts."

Stop manipulating people here to burn their coins to support your centralised agenda and be honest with everyone. Be fair, please. I'm being as fair as I can, as I always had, but I can't sit idly.

--

You have no arguments, but you argue with my research. This is called manipulation.

--

Brother, I have yet to see your research. How can I argue with it?

--

You disagree with my conclusion that pos is a dapp, and so benefits from accounts.

Gritt-N-Auld:

Quote from: rat4 on August 12, 2018, 12:14:19 PM
--
Quote from: Gritt-N-Auld on August 12, 2018, 09:40:10 AM
--
Quote from: rat4 on August 12, 2018, 08:33:21 AM
--
Quote from: Gritt-N-Auld on August 11, 2018, 05:08:01 PM
--
"PoS: Although it is possible to shoehorn proof-of-stake into a UTXO paradigm, such a paradigm is much more complicated and ugly than just using accounts."

Rat4, if you are going to pretend that PoS works better on an account based system, spoiler it doesn't, don't manipulate the original source of information to fit your goals.

Original Text from Ethereum:

"Simplicity: easier to code and understand, especially once more complex scripts become involved. Although it is possible to shoehorn arbitrary decentralized applications into a UTXO paradigm, essentially by giving scripts the ability to restrict what kinds of UTXO a given UTXO can be spent to, and requiring spends to include Merkle tree proofs of change-of-application-state-root that scripts evaluate, such a paradigm is much more complicated and ugly than just using accounts."

Stop manipulating people here to burn their coins to support your centralised agenda and be honest with everyone. Be fair, please. I'm being as fair as I can, as I always had, but I can't sit idly.

--

You have no arguments, but you argue with my research. This is called manipulation.

--

Brother, I have yet to see your research. How can I argue with it?

--

You disagree with my conclusion that pos is a dapp, and so benefits from accounts.

--

Hmm, then thats a different matter, I'm not doubting you. I hadn't realised that was your conclusion., The inputs that PoS requires doesn't exist on an account based model. So unless you are getting provably randomised inputs from somewhere, then it is possible to do Peercoin-like PoS on account based systems. This isn't an area that I have dived into because I don't believe in an account based model. I am very curious to see what you do with it. Also am curious of your conclusion that PoS is like a dapp when I tend to think of it as a method of security.

rat4:

Quote from: Gritt-N-Auld on August 12, 2018, 12:45:52 PM
--
The inputs that PoS requires doesn't exist on an account based model. So unless you are getting provably randomised inputs from somewhere, then it is possible to do Peercoin-like PoS on account based systems.

--

Since v3 it uses NXT RNG

Gritt-N-Auld:

Quote from: rat4 on August 12, 2018, 01:22:36 PM
--
Quote from: Gritt-N-Auld on August 12, 2018, 12:45:52 PM
--
The inputs that PoS requires doesn't exist on an account based model. So unless you are getting provably randomised inputs from somewhere, then it is possible to do Peercoin-like PoS on account based systems.

--

Since v3 it uses NXT RNG

--

Interesting I hadn't looked fully into PoS 3.0 clearly.

Will you then be leaning towards security deposits like XTZ / ETH?

Pages: << < (6878/6970) > >>