Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:57:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
ski92

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:04:47 PM

If anyone wants some quick cash to trade up for BC over next few days, SPA is looking real good for a mighty pump.
not sure if serious? its gone from $2 to about 20cent lol.
All those country coins are rubbish imo.

#Blackcoin Friday, once you go black......... Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:06:09 PM

Heads up; BC will be listed on Cryptsy on March 28th  Wink
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

any prediction on price within the next 6-12 months?

1 USD
edit: if all goes well

6 months 10$ in 12 months 200$

Guess cryptsy got tired of seeing mintpal making some serious bank on Blackcoin. No one would pay their listing fee Tongue Or I sure hope not.

Not a bad thing, more buyers for Blackcoin, more exposure. The first coin to be listed that was not voted on since the change. Smiley

IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:11:37 PM

Ouch...that might not be such a good idea. I was hoping BC would stay away from Cryptsy. I have witnessed dozens of coins that are doing fine before being listed on Cryptsy, die a slow death after being listed.
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:11:44 PM

To the community:

The following commentary is not so much for you, as you already know and understand the points it makes. It is something for the general education of the populace outside crypto, so please feel free to pass it along via blogs or other social media:

A few thoughts on Digital Currency:
Perhaps some of you heard about Warren Buffett's recent dismissal of Bitcoin as 'a mirage'. Funny, my first reaction to that was that he's just too old to understand what it is and what it may imply for the future of money. Now I'm pondering whether he actually had to reject it, vehemently, because of the extent to which he feels threatened by it. Most people, himself included, are very invested in the illusion of the dollar and/or their own respective government-backed currencies. The more people there are who understand what Bitcoin is, the more that illusion frays at the edges and begins to come undone.
I've been reading up a little on Gresham's law. Fascinating stuff. Sir Thomas Gresham was a sixteenth-century financial agent of the English Crown. The 'law' had been formulated a generation earlier by Copernicus, in a treatise called Monetae Cudendae Ratio. This is the crux of it: "bad (debased) coinage drives good (un-debased) coinage out of circulation." Gresham used this to explain to the Queen (Elizabeth 1) the reason for the miserable state into which the English shilling had fallen. To quote a historian whose name I didn't happen to note down:
"The statement was part of Gresham's explanation for the "unexampled state of badness" England's coinage had been left in following the "Great Debasements" of Henry VIII and Edward VI, which reduced the metallic value of English silver coins to a small fraction of what it had been at the time of Henry VII. It was owing to these debasements, Gresham observed to the Queen, that "all your fine gold was conveyed out of this your realm."
The connection I'm proposing here is that Bitcoin is, and is increasingly perceived to be, 'good' currency, while the dollar and other fiat currencies are increasingly perceived as 'debased'. This kind of thinking is still not widespread enough to have the disruptive impact it might have someday soon. But it has gained a lot of ground lately, enough to cause (in combination with a few other factors) Bitcoin valuation to rise from $25 to as high as $1,200 within a year.
Some may object that the parallel I'm drawing doesn't hold because, where (for instance) gold has 'intrinsic value', Bitcoin does not have it (or is presumed by Buffett and others not to). But what is 'intrinsic value'? I mean, yes, gold may have uses in old-school dentistry and in the making of pretty objects, but that hardly justifies the notion of value independant of the subjective, emotional consensus, "gold is precious". Still less does it confer any substance on the dollar, whose relationship to gold is but a distant memory. One might actually make a better argument that Bitcoin and its digital offspring, the 'altcoins', e.g., Litecoin, Blackcoin, Vertcoin etc., have more 'real' or 'intrinisic' value. Digital does what it does extremely well. The utility of it is tremendous. The intelligence and other resources that allow it to exist and function are tremendous (computing-power, among other things). And it cannot be minted arbitrarily in endless reams of paper at the whim of a central bank.
Others may object that while Gresham was speaking about currency, i.e., different grades of shilling within the realm, Bitcoin and the 'alts' are not currency. But this is just semantic quibbling. The mindless refrain of newspaper columnists lately has been that currency must be mandated by government, a qualification Bitcoin and the others lack. Meaning, it's not currency unless government says it is. I would say that it becomes currency in virtue of being used as such. Which it already is. By real people, in real commerce.
Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out. We may see a time when people try as hard as possible to palm off their dollars to anyone who still tolerates them in exchange for goods and services, while seeking to receive digital currency whenever possible -- to collect or spend in international trade where it's the only currency-form that is taken seriously at all. I believe we may be heading that way.
--Jabulon

Reuters decided to post my article. Cool! See comment section immediately below this big piece on Bitcoin: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/20/bitcoin-future-idUSL3N0MH0AD20140320

Real glad to keep getting the word out on Crypto and the precious few truly outstanding coins, including Blackcoin, which is mentioned here alongside Bitcoin, Litecoin and Vertcoin. The four pillars of Cryptocurrency, imho. Anyway, tweet the shit out of the link. Thanks!

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:15:39 PM

To the community:

The following commentary is not so much for you, as you already know and understand the points it makes. It is something for the general education of the populace outside crypto, so please feel free to pass it along via blogs or other social media:

A few thoughts on Digital Currency:
Perhaps some of you heard about Warren Buffett's recent dismissal of Bitcoin as 'a mirage'. Funny, my first reaction to that was that he's just too old to understand what it is and what it may imply for the future of money. Now I'm pondering whether he actually had to reject it, vehemently, because of the extent to which he feels threatened by it. Most people, himself included, are very invested in the illusion of the dollar and/or their own respective government-backed currencies. The more people there are who understand what Bitcoin is, the more that illusion frays at the edges and begins to come undone.
I've been reading up a little on Gresham's law. Fascinating stuff. Sir Thomas Gresham was a sixteenth-century financial agent of the English Crown. The 'law' had been formulated a generation earlier by Copernicus, in a treatise called Monetae Cudendae Ratio. This is the crux of it: "bad (debased) coinage drives good (un-debased) coinage out of circulation." Gresham used this to explain to the Queen (Elizabeth 1) the reason for the miserable state into which the English shilling had fallen. To quote a historian whose name I didn't happen to note down:
"The statement was part of Gresham's explanation for the "unexampled state of badness" England's coinage had been left in following the "Great Debasements" of Henry VIII and Edward VI, which reduced the metallic value of English silver coins to a small fraction of what it had been at the time of Henry VII. It was owing to these debasements, Gresham observed to the Queen, that "all your fine gold was conveyed out of this your realm."
The connection I'm proposing here is that Bitcoin is, and is increasingly perceived to be, 'good' currency, while the dollar and other fiat currencies are increasingly perceived as 'debased'. This kind of thinking is still not widespread enough to have the disruptive impact it might have someday soon. But it has gained a lot of ground lately, enough to cause (in combination with a few other factors) Bitcoin valuation to rise from $25 to as high as $1,200 within a year.
Some may object that the parallel I'm drawing doesn't hold because, where (for instance) gold has 'intrinsic value', Bitcoin does not have it (or is presumed by Buffett and others not to). But what is 'intrinsic value'? I mean, yes, gold may have uses in old-school dentistry and in the making of pretty objects, but that hardly justifies the notion of value independant of the subjective, emotional consensus, "gold is precious". Still less does it confer any substance on the dollar, whose relationship to gold is but a distant memory. One might actually make a better argument that Bitcoin and its digital offspring, the 'altcoins', e.g., Litecoin, Blackcoin, Vertcoin etc., have more 'real' or 'intrinisic' value. Digital does what it does extremely well. The utility of it is tremendous. The intelligence and other resources that allow it to exist and function are tremendous (computing-power, among other things). And it cannot be minted arbitrarily in endless reams of paper at the whim of a central bank.
Others may object that while Gresham was speaking about currency, i.e., different grades of shilling within the realm, Bitcoin and the 'alts' are not currency. But this is just semantic quibbling. The mindless refrain of newspaper columnists lately has been that currency must be mandated by government, a qualification Bitcoin and the others lack. Meaning, it's not currency unless government says it is. I would say that it becomes currency in virtue of being used as such. Which it already is. By real people, in real commerce.
Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out. We may see a time when people try as hard as possible to palm off their dollars to anyone who still tolerates them in exchange for goods and services, while seeking to receive digital currency whenever possible -- to collect or spend in international trade where it's the only currency-form that is taken seriously at all. I believe we may be heading that way.
--Jabulon

Reuters decided to post my article. Cool! See comment section immediately below this big piece on Bitcoin: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/20/bitcoin-future-idUSL3N0MH0AD20140320

Real glad to keep getting the word out on Crypto and the precious few truly outstanding coins, including Blackcoin, which is mentioned here alongside Bitcoin, Litecoin and Vertcoin. The four pillars of Cryptocurrency, imho. Anyway, tweet the shit out of the link. Thanks!

wow that's awsome, I think this will get attention to Blackcoin in a very big way, this can get very very big

And I hope BC does not hit Craptsy ..
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:20:32 PM

1 USD

I am as optimistic as the next guy, but do you really think BlackCoin will reach $10 in 6 months and in 12 months reach $200? Besides 42 Coin and Bitcoin, no other coin has come close to $200 per coin. I think $10.00 in 12 months is more realistic, unless you know something I do not know?
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

1 USD

I am as optimistic as the next guy, but do you really think BlackCoin will reach $10 in 6 months and in 12 months reach $200? Besides 42 Coin and Bitcoin, no other coin has come close to $200 per coin. I think $10.00 in 12 months is more realistic, unless you know something I do not know?

If BC gets accepted as a form of payment and is accepted at a lot of merchants then sky is the limit
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:27:31 PM

1 USD

I'm optimistic too, but anyone can pull out numbers...

How about:

8,75$ in 6 months
122,44$ in one year

Roll Eyes
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:27:45 PM

1 USD

If BC gets accepted as a form of payment and is accepted at a lot of merchants then sky is the limit

You have to account that bc is still "unknown". Once the big players of the LTC and BTC world realize the potential and the threat that blackcoin is it will explode.

There is probably less then 20k people that know what blackcoin is. possibly less then 10k. What happens when that number is 200k? 2 million?

Blackcoin is stable enough to survive primetime like litecoin and dogecoin before it.

CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:30:05 PM

Stop dumping for the love of christ. Everytime we get past 7600 some idiot dumps back to 7400 rather than staggering their sell orders nicely for a smoother and more profitable exit. I cannot wait for the multipool to kick in again and burn these assholes out of their presumed profits.

Sircoss

Activity: 257

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

1 USD

AuroraCoin did it and it is no where near as legitimate of a coin as Blackcoin is.  If the price keeps going up the way it has been and basically doubling every week, who knows where we will end up.

now2ai8

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:31:38 PM

1 USD

How about:

8,75$ in 6 months
122,44$ in one year

Roll Eyes

I know it's a bit off topic; but is normal for you to use a (,) instead of a (.) to separate between dollars and cents?  In the US, we use (.)  
PDcologne

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

1 USD

You have to account that bc is still "unknown". Once the big players of the LTC and BTC world realize the potential and the threat that blackcoin is it will explode.

There is probably less then 20k people that know what blackcoin is. possibly less then 10k. What happens when that number is 200k? 2 million?

Blackcoin is stable enough to survive primetime like litecoin and dogecoin before it.

+1 - this is the correct outlook

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
BTC -  1MsgzuVnshJGLpUcjja6U8UsjCTjk8QzyK
BC   - B5xG6yYStDn92MT16RXHsL4bPdZd1DChJq
LTC  -  LfarCLG5sap2o31sAujxV1iorkwk4V8Ggk
PDcologne

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:33:28 PM

1 USD

How about:

8,75$ in 6 months
122,44$ in one year

Roll Eyes

I know it's a bit off topic; but is normal for you to use a (,) instead of a (.) to separate between dollars and cents?  In the US, we use (.)  

A lot of central Euro countries do yes.... in UK its a . but i live in Germany now and they use ,

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
BTC -  1MsgzuVnshJGLpUcjja6U8UsjCTjk8QzyK
BC   - B5xG6yYStDn92MT16RXHsL4bPdZd1DChJq
LTC  -  LfarCLG5sap2o31sAujxV1iorkwk4V8Ggk
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:34:07 PM

1 USD

How about:

8,75$ in 6 months
122,44$ in one year

Roll Eyes

No we don't !. We use (,) to separate thousands and (.) to separate decimal places.
StolenCoinSalesman

Activity: 385

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:35:10 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that site, so hard to use and read the charts.
jamieb81

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:35:13 PM

Stop dumping for the love of christ. Everytime we get past 7600 some idiot dumps back to 7400 rather than staggering their sell orders nicely for a smoother and more profitable exit. I cannot wait for the multipool to kick in again and burn these assholes out of their presumed profits.

I hate when people do that, just outbid you for a few satoshi, just stack on the other and wait, dont be so impatient
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:35:39 PM

1 USD

How about:

8,75$ in 6 months
122,44$ in one year

Roll Eyes

A lot of people outside of the states switch those with numbers.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:35:46 PM

That is natural price movement. Trust me, you don't want to go up too fast. BC has already gone up fast. It's much better off building a good support at the price. Every time we move sideways for a while at a certain price, and then explode upward, you can feel confident it's not going back below the price it started at (assuming long term trend is up, which it is for BC right now).
Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: