Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509629 times)
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

I own both mint and bc.
I think we should all get along and work with each other, not as concurrents but as partners.
Like bitcoin (black) and litecoin (mint)

I prefer black over mint tho because of the 0% premine and the 1% inflation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:16:27 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 07:27:16 PM by MuffinMaster

Why did Hash choose MINT really
Because I asked Smiley Notice I could ask for BC too... I think MINT and BC should not fight at each other - I know several persons who are supporters of both MINT and BC. Still, I wonder how both currencies could walk hand in hand without being counter-productive. I welcome any suggestion (the "we don't destroy the environment' part could help, but won't suffice, I think).
And, no we did not bribe them. But you are free to disbelieve me.

(I don't remember someone at MINT ever accusing BC of bribing someone. How elegant from BC to accuse of felony)

Coins bribe exchanges and pools all the time, it isn't precedent setting.

As the owner of hashcows, mint came and asked.  I was thinking blackcoin might also be a fit, once any kinks were worked out with the process, but didn't realize it was such a one or the other decision from the blackcoin community.  

Fair enough, but its typically a safe bet people have gotten some kind of kickback. Its rare people do anything for free and I don't have any experience from mint or hashcows doing otherwise.

I also do not speak for anyone but myself.

klangley11

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:28:59 PM

Because I asked Smiley Notice I could ask for BC too... I think MINT and BC should not fight at each other - I know several persons who are supporters of both MINT and BC. Still, I wonder how both currencies could walk hand in hand without being counter-productive. I welcome any suggestion (the "we don't destroy the environment' part could help, but won't suffice, I think).

(I don't remember someone at MINT ever accusing BC of bribing someone. How elegant from BC to accuse of felony)

To reference to your quote above, it's probably best to use the comparative analogy of gold (BC) and silver (MINT). Quite accurate given the parameters on both coins.

Once people become acquainted with alts via the press of national cryptos, this may end up leading them to discover the real virtual gold and silver in the crypto world (for POS coins, at least).

They naturally complement each other.
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:33:19 PM

As the owner of hashcows, mint came and asked.  I was thinking blackcoin might also be a fit, once any kinks were worked out with the process, but didn't realize it was such a one or the other decision from the blackcoin community.  

Fair enough, but its typically a safe bet people have gotten some kind of kickback. Its rare people do anything for free and I don't have any experience from mint or hashcows doing otherwise.

So as you say, 'its rate people do anything for free'...if the MINT crew paid me a bounty to add their coin, why would you consider such a payment a bribe, vs. paying for the work required to make it happen?  Its not like I had this feature ready to go and said 'pay me X coins to get yourself listed'. 

I thought of BC as I was building this feature, I was in at launch,  I've been idling in the irc channel since launch, have made some profits on personal trades with it.  Quickly losing interest in it though with such silliness.  oh well.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:37:56 PM

So as you say, 'its rate people do anything for free'...if the MINT crew paid me a bounty to add their coin, why would you consider such a payment a bribe, vs. paying for the work required to make it happen?  Its not like I had this feature ready to go and said 'pay me X coins to get yourself listed'. 

I thought of BC as I was building this feature, I was in at launch,  I've been idling in the irc channel since launch, have made some profits on personal trades with it.  Quickly losing interest in it though with such silliness.  oh well.

Hey, I'm all for hashcows offering BC & Mint payments. I have no Mint but don't have anything against it. I believe more in BC but the minute we start creating a little clique where we shout down everything else and think nothing else can compete is the moment we lose sight of how we started and the fact the fundamentals will eventually speak for themselves. Let the free market decide.
RouletteRun

Activity: 451

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

Edit: imo alot of people don't like the idea of billions and billions of coins
I believe this is more a matter of distribution. More coins means more potential for widespread adoption. I mean, if there are 100 000 people on the altcoin scene, that's the maximum. Compare with 7 billions (soon 9) inhabitant on this planet.

I agree with this fully, would I rather have a high value, low total number coin in the hands of a few, or a lower valued, high total number coin in the hands of the masses? I use the analogy of the American Gold Eagle coin versus the American dollar as my point. Which is used as the everyday currency? That's because it's in the hands of everybody and if the masses were to have a coin in their hands, this be the incentive for retailers, service providers and even workers to be paid in a digital currency. I was a BC miner and am still a BC holder and mining on the BlackCoin Pool beta, but my home coin is Nutcoin, and right now we are still very much in a distribution phase of the coin, it's been out for just under 3 months now and thankfully we've been flying low which is allowing for easy mining and a wider distribution of the coin before the whales take notice and try to grind it into the dirt. The wider the distribution of the coin, the harder it will be to manipulate the price and for the big holders to manufacture pump and dumps like we've been seeing with BC these past few days so the big boys can buy the coins the panic sellers are dumping at the bottom of the dumps at bargain prices. Hold your coins.
lonely@thetop

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:43:52 PM

BC fundamentals did not change, the people you are arguing with are not BC ambassadors so you should not lose your interest in this coin because of it.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

BC doesn't have the premine to bribe or pay or whatever you want to call it. I emailed multipool operators about the idea (maybe not hashcows, I don't remember now) before Radio even hit the scene.

What did I get? Zero responses.  Roll Eyes

Either way, BC and MINT can both succeed. All they have to do is keep ripping ideas off each other as we go and we can both become the BTC and LTC of the PoS market. Tongue
MuffinMaster

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

Business is business, coins want to be listed and added to pools and they pay in what they have. Bribe/payment/bounty, no reason to get caught in the silliness yourself.

BC will rub people the wrong way as that is the nature of this coin as it does not confirm to the "normal". BC can't be changed or stopped on any silliness or drama in forum threads.

yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

I believe this is more a matter of distribution. More coins means more potential for widespread adoption. I mean, if there are 100 000 people on the altcoin scene, that's the maximum. Compare with 7 billions (soon 9) inhabitant on this planet.

I agree with this fully, would I rather have a high value, low total number coin in the hands of a few, or a lower valued, high total number coin in the hands of the masses? I use the analogy of the American Gold Eagle coin versus the American dollar as my point. Which is used as the everyday currency? That's because it's in the hands of everybody and if the masses were to have a coin in their hands, this be the incentive for retailers, service providers and even workers to be paid in a digital currency. I was a BC miner and am still a BC holder and mining on the BlackCoin Pool beta, but my home coin is Nutcoin, and right now we are still very much in a distribution phase of the coin, it's been out for just under 3 months now and thankfully we've been flying low which is allowing for easy mining and a wider distribution of the coin before the whales take notice and try to grind it into the dirt. The wider the distribution of the coin, the harder it will be to manipulate the price and for the big holders to manufacture pump and dumps like we've been seeing with BC these past few days so the big boys can buy the coins the panic sellers are dumping at the bottom of the dumps at bargain prices. Hold your coins.

You are ignoring the other points made in this thread about this.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

Business is business, coins want to be listed and added to pools and they pay in what they have. Bribe/payment/bounty, no reason to get caught in the silliness yourself.

BC will rub people the wrong way as that is the nature of this coin as it does not confirm to the "normal". BC can't be changed or stopped on any silliness or drama in forum threads.

BC will inevitably cause a lot of drama because of what is being set in motion will inevitably absorb many other alt currencies.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:56:07 PM

Either way, BC and MINT can both succeed. All they have to rip ideas of each other as we go and we can both become the BTC and LTC of the PoS market. Tongue
I have exactly this idea. Look for "project F" on mintcoin thread and you will have a teasing of what I am thinking about at the moment (hint: this is a bit different that what mintcoin holders think, I will announce it there later on).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:58:18 PM

What the hell is Nutcoin?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:59:36 PM

Your implication was 'Why did hashcows add mint?  oh, they must have bribed them.'.  My only point is, all you had to do was ask, and I don't appreciate the implication.  Last I'll make any mention, as its not worthwhile.  

Happy Mining.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:01:15 PM

Your implication was 'Why did hashcows add mint?  oh, they must have bribed them.'.  My only point is, all you had to do was ask, and I don't appreciate the implication.  Last I'll make any mention, as its not worthwhile.
HE said he asked and got no answer.

Anyway, let us stop this. It will bing nothing good. We better stand together than tear each other apart.

For the PoS!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

I have nothing against Mintcoin but it just feels overpriced to me even at its bottom, for the same price I can buy a bigger stake of the total BC coin cap than I can MINT. Granted MINT does have the 20% interest but still, with BC taking off it made more economic sense to me to invest in BC.
beakins0

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

For the PoS!

David Latapie -- the fifth musketeer.   Grin
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:11:31 PM

Quote from: David Latapie
David Latapie -- the fifth musketeer.   Grin
You can't realise how true it is: I'm native from the same region as d'Artagnan (Gascogne)

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:11:49 PM

Really doesn't matter if you are for or against, the market has spoken. BC has a larger market cap and greater volume, we are likely going to continue to grow bigger which will draw in more multipool miners.

MuffinMaster

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:14:10 PM

BC will soon be past any of this nonsense. Onwards !

Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: