Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:59:33 AM

When is the multipool finally going functional?

its already on, but dont expect anything SUPREME

That's what I meant by "going functional": Santinizing the market. At the moment, we have more dumpers than investment.

Forget about pool, people lost interest, it is too late now. If you still believe in BC start buy small chunks, thats the best way at the moment, mining is not profitable any more...

it's too late now?
this coin is still 4 weaks old...
every coin in the top 40 are in red.
we go up soon, slowly but up is up:-)

I wonder why the pool doesnt get enough hashes. Maybe its because the devs are too nerdy to give enough information about the development.
If you ask in the IRC, all you hear is "soon". That might be funny from a nerd point of view, but it's totally a fuckup for PR.

Can't help but agree with this to a certain extent. The IRC room occasionally gets sporadic updates but they rarely make it outside there and are vague at best. I think I prefer the Mark Zuckerberg approach of getting it out there quick and dirty and fixing bugs as we go. Every day without an update is a whole load of potential hashes wasted.

The lead dev seems to have a great interest in financial markets and wants to apply "algotrading" to the pool, he is quick to quote Wikipedia pages of complicated financial models, enough to bamboozle anyone curious enough to ask and probably stop them asking again. I believe his focus on this is slowing down the fundamentals, that being working stats and different hashing algos (SHA256, Keccak, Adaptive-N, Quark etc) which would increase adoption and instill confidence.

For the record I've been hashing at 5.7Mh/s constantly and every day's payment, taking the lowest price point it could have been converted to BC comes out at 0.015BTC per 1Mh/s. This is pretty poor, so I'm switching to an unofficial pool to see if they do any better just "getting it out there" and not overcomplicating things.

Unofficial ones are:
http://www.blackcoinminer.com
http://www.cryptoalts.com

There's an SHA256 one which name has illuded me for now. I noted it runs on a home internet connection so not sure how robust it is.

Yes I heard about the "algotrading" too. But they are working hard on implementing an so-to-say intelligent trading bot. But in fact, it would make more sense now to just take coinchoose API, select profitable coins and buy BC with them, just plain and straight ahead, no experiments. They can still experiment and try to make an intelligent algorithm that makes slightly more for the same hashes. The problem is not if blackcoin could have this and that of a value in x weeks, but people losing interest, because market is not moving and the pool is in some quiet beta state with unknown evolving.

On the other hand, 0.015BTC/MH is not that bad. With 3 MH I need 12 hours to get that on Wafflepool...

Anyhow I just wish, the devs would finally hire someone to do some promotion for pool and coin. Frequent reddit post of what's happening, tweets and all. Get constant media presence and if a certain feature takes sometime, just fucking POST about it and the process. Don't be sociopathic quiet about what you do and hide the information in a few ironic posts on IRC!

PS: Yes, I know that is impatient but people ARE impatient. The market is full of stuff going on and everyone changes direction of interest in a few minutes. You must keep up with that and use psychology to keep people interested, because interest means benefit for all of us!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:08:10 AM

On the other hand, 0.015BTC/MH is not that bad. With 3 MH I need 12 hours to get that on Wafflepool...

Apologies I corrected my post - 0.015 is what I was getting in total, so I'm looking more like 0.0026BTC per Mh/s. Also I'm not sure if they have more tweaking to do because it is rare their end reports anywhere near 5.7Mh/s (more like 3-4), I don't have that problem with MPOS pools. Where the rate does bounce about a bit, it's usually fairly close to the truth. I'm not accusing there being theft or anything like that but think the code needs tweaking or something.

Anyway I'll report back after a good test on a different pool.
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:08:42 AM

Newbie question.

Just trying to learn/understand how prices rise/fall.

I was just looking at different coins on MintPal. How does a coin's value start? Is it dependent on how much is mined before it hits an exchange? How many in total there are/will be?

Like I see blackcoin at about 6k sats with volume of 715 btc (and I know for a while it was 2-3 times that). It's only 1 month old.

Then I see something like darkcoin, whose value is at 14k sats but only a volume of 8 btc and is around 2 months old.

So just by looking at that, it's weird to me how the value of darkcoin can be double that of blackcoin with only 8 btc being traded (granted I'm only looking at MintPal). I wasn't around for the beginning of either of these coins, so am not sure how this became where we are today.

I'm also curious and confused as to if/how volume affects price. Same with total number of coins. I've read having too few coins can be bad for distribution, but too many means a slow rise and a need for more people to adopt to be worth more (like doge?).

Anyway I'm guessing there isn't a simple answer but even just a general outline would be helpful in me grasping generally how this works.

Jherek

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:11:39 AM

Apologies I corrected my post - 0.015 is what I was getting in total, so I'm looking more like 0.0026BTC per Mh/s. Also I'm not sure if they have more tweaking to do because it is rare their end reports anywhere near 5.7Mh/s (more like 3-4), I don't have that problem with MPOS pools. Where the rate does bounce about a bit, it's usually fairly close to the truth. I'm not accusing there being theft or anything like that but think the code needs tweaking or something.

What ever. On IRC there are 5 Admins/Devs and 12 with voice status. Anyone of these should start to send information. Clean and transparent.
HTC123

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:12:51 AM

是的,价格确实很底,在这个时候买进是很好的投资!
相信价格一定很快就涨回去的!

say what?

Never trust chinese

I can also put some funny characters here ... Wait ...

%$$### *{$$@@!))("">>?

Here you are !!!  Tongue

In general, when a Chinese guy says "right", you should go left full speed ...
You know what?
I think the Chinese guy bought a lot of BC at the price >8000satoshi.
He has been hung at the top of the mountain.
He want us buy, buy and make the price up so that he can get out of it.  Grin Grin Grin
v1l3n1n2

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:13:08 AM

Maybe it will be easier ask Wafflepool to do payouts in BC... Smiley
HerpThyrun

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:14:05 AM

What ever. On IRC there are 5 Admins/Devs and 12 with voice status. Anyone of these should start to send information. Clean and transparent.

+1, we need more frequently updates on twitter, reddit, facebook so we can keep the flow of new people coming to blackcoin. Otherwise, this coin will be forgotten.
alison03

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:20:10 AM

+1, we need more frequently updates on twitter, reddit, facebook so we can keep the flow of new people coming to blackcoin. Otherwise, this coin will be forgotten.

Agreed. Who do we reach out to in order to get this ball rolling? I'm definitely not a technical person, so all the mining and economics of cryptocurrencies at first glance just go right over my head, but I do have a background in social media, marketing, advertising and such and can try to help there. Just don't know who to talk to or where to start.
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:21:09 AM

Okey they should entertains us, instead of developing, is that what u want???

Don't think that makes a better pool, they should work not twitter, irc etc...

NEM/XEM!!!
morfans

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:23:11 AM

the front end is going to be updated tomorrow with a news section and the stats page for miners will have share info and whatnot...sha256 is being tested right now..and should be ready for more people tomorrow..stuff is getting done..
Jherek

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:24:34 AM

Agreed. Who do we reach out to in order to get this ball rolling? I'm definitely not a technical person, so all the mining and economics of cryptocurrencies at first glance just go right over my head, but I do have a background in social media, marketing, advertising and such and can try to help there. Just don't know who to talk to or where to start.

You could use http://webchat.freenode.net/ and talk to the @-nicks on #blackcoinpool or just offer makething services in the channel. I am sure they would like someone doing the job so they can focus on development.
HerpThyrun

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:25:39 AM

Nah... you dont get the idea of what PR is. When they make little change in code, that makes a little difference, let's tell the world the Mpool is getting better and better. Noone cares about "10% gain in effiency" when noone knows. IRC is not everything.
Jherek

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

You are totally not getting the point. Yes people want to be entertained. If you want to change that, you might try it somewhere else where people don't have more or less huge amounts of investment involved.
Yes, devs should develop not chit chat. But someone has to fill the community with information that makes them enthusiasted and interested.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:29:32 AM

BlackCoin Card Update

It is great to see everyone excited about the possibility of a BlackCoin Card. I will post updates here directly to the forum and keep everyone updated as this progresses. I will try and be as transparent as possible along the way.

Yesterday evening my acquaintance put me in contact with someone who will assist in the process of making this a reality. I have a call with her today @ 11AM EST, and I will post the details of what I learn later today. She is the first hurdle in this process because she works directly with the banks and Visa/Mastercard to get these kind of programs approved. Visa/Mastercard are not fond of cryptocurrencies for obvious reasons, so I am going to have to choose my words carefully when explaining how all of this will work to her.

I know a few of you want to know: "who is this guy"? I am software engineer and I have owned/operated my own companies for over 10 years. I have worked on everything from small to large projects, and over the years most of my projects have been acquired by larger companies. I have years of experience creating new products and services, and I am the type of person who loves a challenge. So as long as we can convince Visa/Mastercard to approve this, I will make this happen for you guys.

I haven't contacted the developer (rat4) of BlackCoin yet, but I am sure he probably already knows about this. I want to make sure we have a chance of getting this approved before coordinating with him. If we are approved and this does get up and running, I will be giving him a percentage of the revenue. I am impressed with the fact rat4 didn't premine BlackCoin and didn't try to issue an IPO. He is very active in the community and he deserves to be rewarded for all his hard work!

As always any feedback/comments are welcome.
derBruchpilotPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:31:00 AM

Nah... you dont get the idea of what PR is. When they make little change in code, that makes a little difference, let's tell the world the Mpool is getting better and better. Noone cares about "10% gain in effiency" when noone knows. IRC is not everything.

In this case, u're right. But I'm a dev too (not in crypto) and I couldn't do my work if I had to answer in IRC, or something all the time.

I may agree that we need more PR persons, but the devs should have the focus on developing and bringing the pool out of beta.

NEM/XEM!!!
HerpThyrun

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:34:34 AM

In this case, u're right. But I'm a dev too (not in crypto) and I couldn't do my work if I had to answer in IRC, or something all the time.

I may agree that we need more PR persons, but the devs should have the focus on developing and bringing the pool out of beta.

Im glad we understand each other Smiley
alison03

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:35:56 AM

You could use http://webchat.freenode.net/ and talk to the @-nicks on #blackcoinpool or just offer makething services in the channel. I am sure they would like someone doing the job so they can focus on development.

Awesome, I'll give them a shout. Outreach can be such a big tool and it would be a shame to not utilize it, but I can't imagine trying to develop and manage this aspect as well. Hopefully I can be of some help!

Jherek

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:38:34 AM

Awesome, I'll give them a shout. Outreach can be such a big tool and it would be a shame to not utilize it, but I can't imagine trying to develop and manage this aspect as well. Hopefully I can be of some help!

I totally think, that good outreach and information is as much important as good development. PR and development are 50/50 of a good project.
derBruchpilotPro

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:39:35 AM

u want updates? here it is:

http://pastebin.com/eb7G409j

NEM/XEM!!!
theneos

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:42:51 AM

BlackCoin Card Update

I know a few of you want to know: "who is this guy"? I am ....

i thought you're going to reveal who you are. LOL

Anyhow, i hope you good luck with your talk to that woman.  BC CC would really be nice to have Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: