Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:32:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:47:31 PM

I have an honest question.

To an investor in wall street how can i explain in a single powerpoint slide why Blackcoin has bigger Market Cap than Mintcoin, they have same features. Mint was released 10 days before and is hybrid POW/POS, to an outsider they are practicaly the same

Im conducting investing rounds, i now FAST/POS is the future and i need your side of the story, for an possible investment.

Thanks.

1. Mintcoin is pre-mined by the developer. Roughly 3% of the total money supply he gave to himself. The crypto community tends not to like such schemes.
2. Mintcoin dev launched the coin saying the pre-mined coins would be spent on bounties etc but weeks later he refuses to list what he spent the coins on.
3. Mintcoin has 20% rate of interest compared with Blackcoin 1% rate of interest. The higher the rate of interest the great the dampening/suppressive effect it has on price as some of those new coins will get dumped on the market.
4. Blackcoin has a great developer. He's responded very quickly to any issues that have arisen.
5. The community has pioneered innovative concepts eg the blackconimultipool, a pool to boost blackcoin price whilst decrease the price of competing alt coins. Encouraging for the future.
6. Community and trading volume. Mintcoin trading volume is tiny. Very few people are buying and selling it on exchanges which suggests to me a lot of the activity in the mintcoin community is sockpuppets (one person with multiple accounts).

Those are specific reasons. There's lots of general reasons why two clones with identical features (seemingly) have different values. Feathercoin is a clone of Litecoin with 4 times as many coins and it has been out for 9 months and is nowhere near Litecoin's price. Community support is a huge factor in a coins success (see dogecoin for example).

MINT is PoW/PoS hybrid so it doesn't have blackcoin security flaws

To an investor in wall street how can i explain in a single powerpoint slide why Blackcoin has bigger Market Cap than Mintcoin, they have same features. Mint was released 10 days before and is hybrid POW/POS, to an outsider they are practicaly the same

Im conducting investing rounds, i now FAST/POS is the future and i need your side of the story, for an possible investment.

Thanks.

1. Mintcoin is pre-mined by the developer. Roughly 3% of the total money supply he gave to himself. The crypto community tends not to like such schemes.
2. Mintcoin dev launched the coin saying the pre-mined coins would be spent on bounties etc but weeks later he refuses to list what he spent the coins on.
3. Mintcoin has 20% rate of interest compared with Blackcoin 1% rate of interest. The higher the rate of interest the great the dampening/suppressive effect it has on price as some of those new coins will get dumped on the market.
4. Blackcoin has a great developer. He's responded very quickly to any issues that have arisen.
5. The community has pioneered innovative concepts eg the blackconimultipool, a pool to boost blackcoin price whilst decrease the price of competing alt coins. Encouraging for the future.
6. Community and trading volume. Mintcoin trading volume is tiny. Very few people are buying and selling it on exchanges which suggests to me a lot of the activity in the mintcoin community is sockpuppets (one person with multiple accounts).

Those are specific reasons. There's lots of general reasons why two clones with identical features (seemingly) have different values. Feathercoin is a clone of Litecoin with 4 times as many coins and it has been out for 9 months and is nowhere near Litecoin's price. Community support is a huge factor in a coins success (see dogecoin for example).

+1. Pure PoS is new, which is exciting and has great potential, but its security has also not been as tried and tested.

LMAO MINT is pure PoS. Don't you clowns even know about the coin you are shilling? It was pow/pos initially, like Blackcoin was too. But they are now both pure proof of stake.

And lol at anyone who calls me a shill. I've been a member here for a year and have 400+ activity. Unlike a new account created to support Mint.

And as for mint being on more exchanges that strengthens my point. Even with the support of Cryptsy MINT still has a pathetically small trading volume. Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal for MINT compared to daily 400+ BTC blackcoin days for over a week.

Still waiting for that list on what all the MINT premine was spent on. Blackcoin has no premine and has brought more innovation to the table with the blackcoin multipool that mintcoin has then tried to unsuccessfully rip off.

So funny seeing all the mintcoin bagholders rush into the blackcoin topic to try and spread FUD. How do you think that looks to outsiders viewing this topic?  Cheesy

False, Mint is hybryd POS and POW blocks are still being created, you can see it on the blockchain, want a screenshot?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:47:48 PM

Thanks.

Thanks.

+1. Pure PoS is new, which is exciting and has great potential, but its security has also not been as tried and tested.

LMAO MINT is pure PoS. Don't you clowns even know about the coin you are shilling? It was pow/pos initially, like Blackcoin was too. But they are now both pure proof of stake.

And lol at anyone who calls me a shill. I've been a member here for a year and have 400+ activity. Unlike a new account created to support Mint.

And as for mint being on more exchanges that strengthens my point. Even with the support of Cryptsy MINT still has a pathetically small trading volume. Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal for MINT compared to daily 400+ BTC blackcoin days for over a week.

Still waiting for that list on what all the MINT premine was spent on. Blackcoin has no premine and has brought more innovation to the table with the blackcoin multipool that mintcoin has then tried to unsuccessfully rip off.

So funny seeing all the mintcoin bagholders rush into the blackcoin topic to try and spread FUD. How do you think that looks to outsiders viewing this topic?  Cheesy

You are a fool and just proved it. Mint is not pure PoS. My lord....

mr_random I would say you are the worst PR there is for this coin.

"Some days less than 20 BTC traded on Mintpal for MINT compared to daily 400+ BTC blackcoin days for over a week" You forgot to total up the volume of all 23 exchanges MINT is on and then compare that number to the total volume of BC on all its exchange. I assume MINT will still be lower volume than BC overall, but the fact that you try to sell it as being much, much lower than it is just points towards your motives..
Jabulon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:51:36 PM

Thanks.

Assuming this is indeed an honest question and not just an intentional ball-toss to Mint-promoters who relentlessly try to fud this thread because they see BC as a direct threat and competitor:

The two coins are very different, most notably in with respect to inflation as has been pointed out. We don't have all the facts about the Mint premine and where it went and probably never will, so I'll leave that aside. As far as 'the security risks', if you read a couple pages back you'll see that I and a couple of other informed people posted regarding Sunny King's rewrite of PoS earlier this year, which resolved the flaw, as confirmed by the person who first identified it and extensive peer-review. At this point that crap is all just FUD, almost invariably from Mint enthusiasts, and is growing tiresome.

Also, just bear in mind that people will tend to talk up the coin they are most heavily invested in. Any idiot should be able to see through that. I will refrain from talking up the 'awesomeness' of BC. Do your own due diligence. Taking a poll on a bitcointalk thread hardly qualifies as research, if that is your sincere intention.

Silly Mint faggots just won't stop haha. You are showing your weakness, and your fear. Do you think you are accomplishing anything here? I suggest you learn to live with your losses and move on.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:52:47 PM

Thanks.

On one slide?

Different communities probably. Black is 'sexier' than green.

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:52:56 PM

you've still  not addressed the known blackcoin security issue in any meaningful way.
stormia

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:53:43 PM

Thanks.

Assuming this is indeed an honest question and not just an intentional ball-toss to Mint-promoters who relentlessly try to fud this thread because they see BC as a direct threat and competitor:

The two coins are very different, most notably in with respect to inflation as has been pointed out. We don't have all the facts about the Mint premine and where it went and probably never will, so I'll leave that aside. As far as 'the security risks', if you read a couple pages back you'll see that I and a couple of other informed people posted regarding Sunny King's rewrite of PoS earlier this year, which resolved the flaw, as confirmed by the person who first identified it and extensive peer-review. At this point that crap is all just FUD, almost invariably from Mint enthusiasts, and is growing tiresome.

Also, just bear in mind that people will tend to talk up the coin they are most heavily invested in. Any idiot should be able to see through that. I will refrain from talking up the 'awesomeness' of BC. Do your own due diligence. Taking a poll on a bitcointalk thread hardly qualifies as research, if that is your sincere intention.

Silly Mint faggots just won't stop haha. You are showing your weakness, and your fear. Do you think you are accomplishing anything here? I suggest you learn to live with your losses and move on.

You just showed how awful of a person you are by using a pejorative term for homosexuals, congrats!
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:56:18 PM

LMAO MINT is pure PoS.

Mintcoin (code: MINT), also known as MintCoin, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that uses both proof-of-stake (PoS) and proof-of-work (PoW) systems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mintcoin

it's hybrid, so it avoids the known blackcoin security weakness

Lol Blackcoin has no known vulnerabilities.

Quote your source which lists a vulnerability of Blackcoin. There are none. It's based on the latest peercoin code whose POS code has no known vulnerabilities.

The MINT coiners are getting desperate spreading lies about Blackcoin in this topic trying to pump up their tiny market cap.

And here is a quote from your OWN mintcoin topic created by the MINTCOIN DEVELOPER:

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin, where the generation of the coin is mainly through the PoS interests." (front page of the official topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.0)

So either your Developer is so good he can't be bothered to update the main source of information of Mintcoin or he has indeed made the coin so it's not PoS only (I am guessing he wasn't able to work out how to make a PoS coin?). If it's the latter that also makes Blackcoin even more energy efficient than Mintcoin  Cheesy
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for your help. this kind of attitude help a lot with investors.

Yes, im a mint holder and a BC holder. Made a lot with BC also with mint both are great.

I was worried about the mint premined also, but im shure now is on custody of a fund.

fast pos coin is the future.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:57:43 PM

Mintcoin is 20% rate it´s crazy
Why not 50%?
Do you earn 20% on your bank account IRL?
mgburks77

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

man, I'm just asking about a known security issue that was discussed on this thread. I don't know where all of that came from.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

So funny see this desperate Mintcoin bagholders trying to spam the Blackcoin topic.

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:58:46 PM

http://blackcoinpool.com/ is working great, now we just need to get some more miners Smiley Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
stormia

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:59:05 PM

LMAO MINT is pure PoS.

Mintcoin (code: MINT), also known as MintCoin, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that uses both proof-of-stake (PoS) and proof-of-work (PoW) systems.

Quote your source which lists a vulnerability of Blackcoin. There are none. It's based on the latest peercoin code whose POS code has no known vulnerabilities.

The MINT coiners are getting desperate spreading lies about Blackcoin in this topic trying to pump up their tiny market cap.

And here is a quote from your OWN mintcoin topic created by the MINTCOIN DEVELOPER:

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin, where the generation of the coin is mainly through the PoS interests." (front page of the official topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.0)

So either your Developer is so good he can't be bothered to update the main source of information of Mintcoin or he has indeed made the coin so it's not PoS only (I am guessing he wasn't able to work out how to make a PoS coin?). If it's the latter that also makes Blackcoin even more energy efficient than Mintcoin  Cheesy

Once again you are a fool and an ass and you are demonstrating it.

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin"

it says basically because the PoW blocks only generate 1 coin/block. You can see the PoW blocks are still being generated so there is really no way to dispute the fact that Mint is PoS/PoW hybrid...
mgburks77

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:00:12 PM

just trying to get reliable information regarding known blackcoin security flaw
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

LMAO MINT is pure PoS.

Once again you are a fool and an ass and you are demonstrating it.

"MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin"

it says basically because the PoW blocks only generate 1 coin/block. You can see the PoW blocks are still being generated so there is really no way to dispute the fact that Mint is PoS/PoW hybrid...

Let me compare the quotes for you my child: I said:

"LMAO MINT is pure PoS."

Official topic written by the MINT dev says:

then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin

Either way it makes Blackcoin the more energy efficient coin  Cheesy That's your main marketing slogan being energy efficient. Another win for Blackcoin.  Cheesy
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

why are we talking about mintcoin in a blackcoin thread? i think you clicked the wrong thread  Kiss

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:02:28 PM

just trying to get reliable information regarding known blackcoin security flaw

artiface

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:02:50 PM

man, I'm just asking about a known security issue that was discussed on this thread. I don't know where all of that came from.

Which security issue are you asking about?  The one that was completely debunked a few pages ago? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.msg5971244#msg5971244

The nonsense that someone could 51% the coin by making transactions in intervals to generate multiple blocks in a row?  This is impossible POS doesn't work based on coinage only.
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:03:14 PM

On one slide?

Different communities probably. Black is 'sexier' than green.

Black Ferrari or Green Prius? hmmm my choice is made :p
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:04:12 PM

Which security issue are you asking about?  The one that was completely debunked a few pages ago? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.msg5971244#msg5971244

The nonsense that someone could 51% the coin by making transactions in intervals to generate multiple blocks in a row?  This is impossible POS doesn't work based on coinage only.

He's been spamming that rubbish for pages

Perhaps we should spam the MINT topic with similar lies? But no lets not sink to their level of desperation.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: