Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
alison03

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:37:31 PM

https://mywl.lt/voting/ <-- We are 100 votes behind.

We have 2.5 Hours to go until voting closes.

Can we make it?

down only 20 now!

Let's win this!!!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brammien

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

As others have noted, some people are hesitant to bring their ideas to the table due to the often hostile nature of this topic.

Compare this with Dogecoin where almost any kind of initiative is cheered on!

I strongly encourage anyone who has ideas to share them but also to remember that the blackcoin subreddit /r/blackcoin is a much friendlier and supportive place to launch campaigns, projects, fund raisers and ideas. That said I still think this subforum is important for generating traffic. Each month a new wave of people join this forum, it's good for us to be consistently on page 1.

Also, I may be wrong, but isn't that the place DOGE got its start, on reddit? If not started there, you can see how with it's format they succeeded as they did over there.

Okay, let's put the house up for sale, and move on to greener pastures.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:40:23 PM

Can we make it?

down only 20 now!

Let's win this!!!

Done my bit...
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Can we make it?

down only 20 now!

Let's win this!!!

Done my bit...
just brought us in front. it is good that for some reason suddenly all my relatives came for a visit, each with different ISPs on their phones and stuff Cheesy

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:44:16 PM

No pointless drama on the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

Subreddit is full of facts, legitimate discussion, project ideas + implementation. Go here if you're sick of the stealth trolls and dick waving contests of BTCtalk.  Wink

I'll say this clearly: Bitcointalk can never be a professional home for our web community. As long as outsiders see this fucking thread as the 'base' of Blackcoin, trolls and the drama they incite will impact the value of your investment. Say what you will about reddit, our subreddit appears professional to the outside world and legitimate discussion can go on there without constant interruption. Guarantee you the value of Blackcoin would go up if it became known that this thread isn't the home of Blackcoin.

The subreddit has tripled in a few weeks. It's almost at critical mass to where it will be legitimate to say, 'no, this thread doesn't represent Blackcoin. Go to the subreddit or official forums'. And that's what we need to be done, because there will always be trolls and people spreading FUD here. That's practically the point of these forums. There are hundreds of altcoin threads and many interested in keeping the 'daily new coin' game alive.

If we were #1, would we be here? No, so let's make the change as it's a step towards that. Smiley

+1

I will, however, stay here until this thread is finally closed. We can't leave this for the trolls only as long as it is amongst the top google/whatever search results for "BlackCoin".
IMO, we should ask for this thread to be closed with a final message where to find us then, and move on to the subreddit and/or a self moderated and self hosted forum.

what makes u think that trolls wont follow you to the subreddit. you need to learn how to deal with trolls professionally. ur responses to them dirty this community by your own hands. and then you still have to face reverse-trolls. never heard about them? well it's when you have a sturdy measure for dealing with trolls and everything seems like it is finally getting under control.. and then a rage of impolite trolls overtake the thread attempting to have the community take the responsibility for their deplorable remarks and behaviour. and they will succeed, until this community starts shunning such behaviour.. and possibly mentioning that "the views posted by this bitcointalk user are not the views of the blackcoin community as a whole."

personally, i never thought hitler videos on a coin seeking investment from the jewish community was a good idea. and our community allowed jew jokes and mild bashing to occur without reprimand. any forum you establish a presence at will attract trolls. and the community has to be well knowledgeable in dealing with it wherever it rears it's ugly head. u cant run from trolls .. theyre everywhere.

Reddit relies on a system of community consensus (voting) to control content based on what the community in general wants to see. This forum thread has no controls in place for any kind of trolling. It's not even comparable. I'm not saying trolls won't come to the subreddit, I'm saying that their power there is maybe 10% of what they can do here.

i understand, they have meta data audience targeting technology. but frankly i think that if the subreddit will be superior it will do that all on it's own. from the comments ive seen about the subreddit.. it is growing so just let it grow until this thread has an almost insignificant amount of activity compared. but dont force it because not everyone is going to follow. and the growing subreddit seems to be growing only with speculators because it's obviously not growing investment. (do u see the price of bc rising?) i think most of the investors are here on bitcointalk and any shareholder/major shareholders in any investment should be able to raise his concerns without being labelled a troll and disrespected. we have NO WAY of telling who is  a true major shareholder or not.. so jumping to conclusion could hurt the community. if a major shareholder dumped on us right now we'd be taken back to the stoneage.

is blackcoin a representation of class? or is it merely trying to be classy? trying and being are 2 completely different things.

Once again, chapeau sir. +++++
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:44:48 PM

Can we make it?

down only 20 now!

Let's win this!!!

Done my bit...
just brought us in front. it is good that for some reason suddenly all my relatives came for a visit, each with different ISPs on their phones and stuff Cheesy

Mr Coins ‏@CryptoDabbler  23s
@CryptoDabbler 1st!!!! We did it!!! Keep voting guys - let's get some space between BC and 2nd place Cheesy
ProsperousWealth

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:49:26 PM

No pointless drama on the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

Subreddit is full of facts, legitimate discussion, project ideas + implementation. Go here if you're sick of the stealth trolls and dick waving contests of BTCtalk.  Wink

I'll say this clearly: Bitcointalk can never be a professional home for our web community. As long as outsiders see this fucking thread as the 'base' of Blackcoin, trolls and the drama they incite will impact the value of your investment. Say what you will about reddit, our subreddit appears professional to the outside world and legitimate discussion can go on there without constant interruption. Guarantee you the value of Blackcoin would go up if it became known that this thread isn't the home of Blackcoin.

The subreddit has tripled in a few weeks. It's almost at critical mass to where it will be legitimate to say, 'no, this thread doesn't represent Blackcoin. Go to the subreddit or official forums'. And that's what we need to be done, because there will always be trolls and people spreading FUD here. That's practically the point of these forums. There are hundreds of altcoin threads and many interested in keeping the 'daily new coin' game alive.

If we were #1, would we be here? No, so let's make the change as it's a step towards that. Smiley

my sentiments exactly x10000

lets stop with the elementary school drama boys.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:50:44 PM

i understand, they have meta data audience targeting technology. but frankly i think that if the subreddit will be superior it will do that all on it's own. from the comments ive seen about the subreddit.. it is growing so just let it grow until this thread has an almost insignificant amount of activity compared. but dont force it because not everyone is going to follow. and the growing subreddit seems to be growing only with speculators because it's obviously not growing investment. (do u see the price of bc rising?) i think most of the investors are here on bitcointalk and any shareholder/major shareholders in any investment should be able to raise his concerns without being labelled a troll and disrespected. we have NO WAY of telling who is  a true major shareholder or not.. so jumping to conclusion could hurt the community. if a major shareholder dumped on us right now we'd be taken back to the stoneage.

is blackcoin a representation of class? or is it merely trying to be classy? trying and being are 2 completely different things.

That's the thing, there are so many trolls apparent here that you can't even raise concerns without people thinking you might be a troll. It's hard to tell the difference here when people have been fighting trolls all day. The subreddit isn't all sunshine and rainbows. I've seen a lot of legitimate concerns voiced there and it has led to good discussion from both sides of the issue.

I see your point about just letting it grow. I won't post much more about the perils of Bitcointalk. But I am going to continue to promote the subreddit here as it has been very effective so far in growing that community.
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:51:25 PM

Can we make it?

down only 20 now!

Let's win this!!!

Done my bit...

Mr Coins ‏@CryptoDabbler  23s
@CryptoDabbler 1st!!!! We did it!!! Keep voting guys - let's get some space between BC and 2nd place Cheesy

Mr Coins ‏@CryptoDabbler  10s
@CryptoDabbler Well the #BlackCoin community is amazing. BC is now +400 votes in FRONT. When working together the power is AWESOME!
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:52:44 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 07:05:38 PM by KingSchultz

Quietly #1 for three straight days. Beating Wafflepool, etc by 25-30%.

It sucks the realtime stats aren't fixed yet, but I'd much rather have this profitability than be able to monitor my hashrate.

edit: Pool hashrate has been growing pretty steadily too. Smiley
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:58:21 PM

Crazy how Mint was second then Myriad took over that spot Tongue

BLACKCOIN STRONG @ 2965 VOTES! LET'S GET THAT 3K!!!

Sitting @ 2979! now
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

That's the thing, there are so many trolls apparent here that you can't even raise concerns without people thinking you might be a troll. It's hard to tell the difference here when people have been fighting trolls all day. The subreddit isn't all sunshine and rainbows. I've seen a lot of legitimate concerns voiced there and it has led to good discussion from both sides of the issue.

I see your point about just letting it grow. I won't post much more about the perils of Bitcointalk. But I am going to continue to promote the subreddit here as it has been very effective so far in growing that community.

it's all good. but people miss alot of subtle requirements. dogecoin community as you can see, even in the early bc posts.. attracted and grew that community because of the harmony displayed, the helpfulness of it's members, and the etiquette displayed towards all.. trolls included. if we want people to join our community, they should not be afraid to raise their concerns. i myself couldve worded my responses much less eloquently. but not everyone is patient and articulate. we should take all questions seriously and turn them around to converting a troll into an investor.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:01:16 PM

Right now what is being done is not showing results,

Hold up Smiley Blackcoin is only a few weeks old. Don't judge it on the performance of the last week.

Coins don't grow upwards indefinitely at 45 degree angle on the price chart  Wink Bitcoin rose and collapsed and drifted many many times.

True long term growth takes time. We should be evaluating every couple of months imo. We've experienced amazing growth that blew us into the top 10 out of nowhere... we can't expect growth like that every week.
dcm987

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:04:45 PM

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I've invested in 4000 Blackcoins and I really want this currency and community to be a success for us investors, but more importantly for the future consumers who use the currency.

Up until 10 days ago I had heard of bitcoin and digital currency, and saw it as a bit of a fad and didn't really give it a second thought until a friend pointed me here.
I am writing this post on the fly and don't have a direct point as such to make, but here are my observations.

Build and support an ecosystem that is simple to use
I sat down both my Mum & Dad who are in their 60s, My sister who is in her 30s and my 12 year old niece individually and showed them the wallet and how it worked, as well as the Blackcoin.co website. All were very confused and found it all a bit geeky!
We really need to simplify how we put our message across. My sister made a comparison with Paypal and I think that is a good one. Ask yourself, how would you explain to a senior or a teen exactly what we do?

Everyone go and have a look on the Paypal site, just how well what they do is explained and how in simple terms it is all laid out. We should be modelling ourselves on this kind of excellence and getting a simple message across as soon as they hit the blackcoin.co main website. Video should be straight in front of them explaining who we are, what we do and then tell them to explore the site to learn more and get started. The bitcoin.org website is a fair attempt at this, but we can easily do this to a higher standard.
Give examples of how it can be used in unique situations, as well as day to day. For example if I went travelling to Australia and got stranded and lost all my cash etc, explain how quickly my wife or my parents could send over some currency to me quickly and easily.

Build up social media
I think the social media icons should be right up the top - and a bit bigger. People really trust and engage with Facebook especially and I would hope that all who are reading this message have given the Blackcoin facebook page a like - if not please do so as every little helps. If my local bakery has an active Facebook page that gets attention, we should have one too.

Humility will save us from humiliation
We need to be who we are. By that I mean that we have a great concept that is being worked on, and we believe we can benefit our customers. But my opinion is that we should give off some young startup "vibes" and put out the message that we have a usable product, but there is more to come!
Perhaps a box on the mainpage to sign up for a newsletter of progress and new features would help retain interest in people who are interested, but not yet willing to take action just yet. Rather than them bouncing off the homepage and never returning again.
Also any bitching and moaning about our "competitors" has to stop. We can acknowledge that there are other currencies out there and respect the ones that innovate, but don't trash talk them. Competing is quite simple when you are focused on your product and ideals.

Summary
I really really want this to work guys and girls, and the thought that goes through my mind is how innovators like Steve Jobs (Apple) or Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO)  would work with something like this.

If you look at the Amazon approach, they start with the customer and work backwards towards the core - this is definitely something we need to address. Our customers will either be using our homepage (which although I understand it is early days and mainly aimed at investors needs to be evolved) or most likely mobile apps. We need to get the mobile apps sorted ASAP!
Quite frankly from the friends and family feedback I have got about the way digital currency is at the moment, the bitcoin and digital currency experience for the masses (who are our future users) is more of an ordeal than a pleasure, why would they give up their cash and credit card and join our eco system as it is?

And here is how we can win - but making it simple enough to make them WANT to use us instead. No one else has managed to do it yet, our competitors are edging closer but from the feedback I have received so far, it's an open goal and an easy win if we get it right.

If I had the money, I would invest massively in mobile apps. Neither me, my friends or family wanted to boot up our PC and Mac to do trade. Speaking to my uncle who is a retired programmer, he suggests that iOS and Android are much more secure than Windows so the hack-attacks can be largely reduced - a simple example is they could automatically backup user wallets to an external location, the app could have a feature that insists you enter a 4-6 digit PIN in addition to the usual passwords as a simple, “last mile” way of securing your transactions.

Anyhow, enough from me for now - I look forward to your comments and feedback.

Regards,

Steve
could you please post this onthe subreddit and subscribe, itd be nice to have another logical voice like yours there:)
http://http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/
fortune143

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

favours the true

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:05:32 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 07:38:58 PM by fortune143

It's interesting, despite the proclamations of many of us to prefer decentralisation over centralisation it is difficult to deny that most of us have been raised in centralised heirarchies and are conditioned to gravitate towards this form of organising. People gravitate towards leadership; even in a group of seemingly sovereign individuals, when someone or a small section of that group either takes full initiative or shows some exceptional quality, the rest of the group says "this person/those people are great, if we rally behind them we cannot lose! I want to be on this guy/girls team".

We can see this in the way that a lot of us rely solely on the devs or active members of the community for growth, we can see this in the distinct apathy of those who moan about projects taking too long, and we see this in those who continue to fret about 'who represents Blackcoin' or whatever.

A lot of us really need to think for a minute (me included) about whether we are helping this community/coin or leeching off of it, it's one or the other. There are many of us here who know we are building something incredible, not just another alt-coin but a fully functioning, serious crypto-economy, I'm speaking to these people. We don't need a leader or pin-ups, Blackcoin belongs to everyone and nobody.

We represent Blackcoin. If you are here or elsewhere, reading, writing, talking, blogging, buying, using, hodling, planning, meeting, executing, tweeting, telling a friend, or whatever about Blackcoin, then you are part of Blackcoin it really is that simple.

potential is great, but its just potential.
z3r0

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 07:06:14 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 07:16:42 PM by z3r0

In my opinion, this thread is only good for google, bitcointalk should prob close it down..

With that being said. If you are passionate about BLACKCOIN.. head over to BLACKCOINTALK, create an account and reply to some threads.

Loads of started threads with no replies, if i was a newbie looking into BLACKCOIN i would form my opinion on the community i find over at BLACKCOINTALK.

=D

Live Bitcoin and Crypto News From Around The World
Free Trading Signals - Twitter: @saintcrypto
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:16:30 PM

Right now what is being done is not showing results,

Hold up Smiley Blackcoin is only a few weeks old. Don't judge it on the performance of the last week.

Coins don't grow upwards indefinitely at 45 degree angle on the price chart  Wink Bitcoin rose and collapsed and drifted many many times.

True long term growth takes time. We should be evaluating every couple of months imo. We've experienced amazing growth that blew us into the top 10 out of nowhere... we can't expect growth like that every week.

News, good or bad... you can't beat the market technicals for the short term. News will simply either temporarily exacerbate or stall the short term price movement, or even mid-range trend. But long term, this coin has the fundamentals to be very successful. With the way the long-term trend is starting to flatten out, I think you'd be silly to sell for less than 25K. BC will probably pop when least expected, and who knows where the new trading ranges might end up.

Just keep mining and holding. Smiley
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:17:39 PM

In my opinion, this thread is only good for google, bitcointalk should prob close it down..

With that being said. If you are passionate about BLACKCOIN.. head over to BLACKCOINTALK, create and account and reply to some threads.

Loads of started threads with no replies, if i was a newbie looking into BLACKCOIN i would make up my opinion on the community i find over at BLACKCOINTALK.

=D

You should take in consideration traffic. Creating forum board on a wave to get in to BTCtalk shoes is ok as long as you have better ideas than people here.

Imagine clicking between BCforum and here to check about new ideas.
People will not leave just like that.
I did joined Blackcointalk couple of days ago. But there is no people there. Maybe invest in good advertisement and off you go...

Fingers crossed for you.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:18:04 PM

Is anyone here a member of peercoin talk and also passionate about blackcoin?

Then please post in this topic by virtualfaqs: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2747.

Note - don't spam it! Just chip in if you have anything to add. I think we have a connection with Peercoin that isn't being exploited as we are running in pure proof of stake mode, something they one day hope to transition to. Any problems we encounter and fix will benefit them. Also, people that invest in Peercoin are already sold on the idea of energy efficiency.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:20:49 PM

The #BlackCoin BlackCast will be streamed at: http://justin.tv/blkcast ! Less than 4 hours to go Smiley!

=D

Link TO EVENT

http://justin.tv/blkcast
Pages: « 1 ... 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: