Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:48:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
pizzaboy69696969

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:51:54 PM

Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

Do you mean the announced changes from rat4?
The changes are shown in detail here:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/compare/master...protocolv2

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IdealisticAnarchist

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:55:14 PM

I bought a BlackCard and I have NO Windows product.  Why did I but a card you ask SUPPORT....Is there any way though we can get this working on a mac PC ?!?!?!?

I'm a Mac user as well, and I bought a BlackCard too.  I was just going to use VMware Fusion and run a virtual windows machine until they come out with a Mac version.
InsertUsernameHere

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:00:47 PM

Hi all

First off to Iconic, great work bud on the BlackCoin Cards, I can already see them being a huge success for BlackCoin and for crypto's in general. I had some free time today so I used it to redesign the BlackCoin Card GUI. It's just a concept, but I think it looks quite a bit better than the current GUI. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

For those of you who'd like to know. I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590322.0 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle
Dang man that thing is gawjus

ShareCoin : SiAMsjQv2jG1epUS55V9pyz2CrxRLg4yAu
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:01:57 PM

Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

It is currenty purely a test, no new protocol just yet. This has to be tested extensively first.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
troiste

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:02:40 PM

See this chart here?

Its from BTC, from 2010-11-01 to 2011-01-01.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igDailyzczsg2010-11-01zeg2011-01-01ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zl

Doesn't this look familiar? Wink
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:06:16 PM

Wulf's redesigned GUI have to be the default one. Everything have to be perfect for the Wall Street promo.

If you agree make your voice heard.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. A lot of comments were posted so I will just answer them all here.

1. As I stated before this software will be tweaked many times over the course of the next few weeks and months. The goal now is to get everyone using the software and get feedback on the core functionality.

2. The cards and the software are a commercial product and eventually it will be adapted for other uses. This is not a community funded project and I will not taking votes on GUI design.

3. I never said the GUI was beautiful nor did I say it will not be changed over time. However, no design will please everyone.

4. I said Wulf's design was very nice but it literally cannot work with the design of the software.

5. I normally use a skinning engine but that would have been difficult to implement in this situation because certain dlls would have to be installed on the user system first. The skinning engine also uses a lot of memory and that defeats the purpose of the app.

Here are some of my products using a more "cleaner" design.

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/music-chow.htm

http://www.walletcloak.com/download.php

PS: I am use to criticism and negative comments. However, if we are going to encourage other people to join in and offer their talent then we need to be respectful of others work. There is a way you can offer suggestions without being rude. Lets try and keep it civil and change the tone around here.
yanlei2002

Activity: 183

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:10:21 PM

It's time now.To da moon! Wink

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:11:10 PM

^^ Yeah, this isn't like web design, you can't necessarily do whatever you want with the GUI on real software as there are backend limitations, etc. I'm sure the design will be improved over time as the software is continually worked on. I'm very happy with how it looks, but I'm sure it will get better. It's a big step to have this at all. Smiley
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:14:26 PM

Be prepared for a mass wave of card buyers when bc stabilizes above 50 cents
I plan on buying a bunch to give to businesses on the island I live on

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
pizzaboy69696969

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

Thank you.

It is currenty purely a test, no new protocol just yet. This has to be tested extensively first.

Thanks for the info, and great job on the Blackcast you handsome man!
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:19:49 PM

Wulf's redesigned GUI have to be the default one. Everything have to be perfect for the Wall Street promo.

If you agree make your voice heard.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. A lot of comments were posted so I will just answer them all here.

1. As I stated before this software will be tweaked many times over the course of the next few weeks and months. The goal now is to get everyone using the software and get feedback on the core functionality.

2. The cards and the software are a commercial product and eventually it will be adapted for other uses. This is not a community funded project and I will not taking votes on GUI design.

3. I never said the GUI was beautiful nor did I say it will not be changed over time. However, no design will please everyone.

4. I said Wulf's design was very nice but it literally cannot work with the design of the software.

5. I normally use a skinning engine but that would have been difficult to implement in this situation because certain dlls would have to be installed on the user-system first. The skinning engine also uses a lot of memory and that defeats the purpose of the app.

Here are some of my products using a more "cleaner" design.

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/music-chow.htm

http://www.walletcloak.com/download.php

PS: I am use to criticism and negative comments. However, if we are going to encourage other people to join in and offer their talent then we need to be respectful of others work. There is a way you can offer suggestions without being rude. Lets try and keep it civil and change the tone around here.

100% agree. All I posted here was a concept for the GUI design. It seems that other posters in the thread think that this is a pitch for a new design. It's not, it's just a concept GUI I never wanted any sort of "mutiny" to try and force Iconic to change the design. It's not up to us to decide how the GUI will look, IconicExpert has invested his own time and money to make develop Blackcoin Cards, therefore we can't demand him to change anything. IconicExpert has already stated that my design will NOT work with the software. Please refrain from bashing people in this thread, like you've done with IconicExpert over the past page.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:24:15 PM

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

Has rat4/anyone else done a press release for this? What were the criticisms (s)he is trying to address and how will the new system differ from the previous one?

Edit: If it is a test the press release might be ott, granted. But investors and potential investors will still be curious.
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:25:17 PM

Oh, come on, you are getting hypersensitive here. I don't want to bicker but I have seen these types of justifications many times, where the claim is always that the uglier design is somehow more functional. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't buy that type of rationalisation...

I agree with this.  As someone who has worked in UI design for decades, there are some simple rationales to follow, and Wulf's design is definitely a good one.

If you wish to have criticism be constructive... then you need to think as much about your tone as you do about the content.  I also agree that there is no reason not to have a more elegant layout involved and that the current design could be improved - but considering that the RAD environment used to produce the application was designed originally for the Atari ST (I actually didn't even know it had been made opensource and continued as a project) - there are undoubtedly some pretty ridiculous limitation as far as object layouts - i.e. it's not as elegant as a more modern IDE & language would provide.

However, there's absolutely no reason why someone couldn't start a project to produce a similar application using whatever design they chose... but IE has already stated that his application will be closed-source... so working on a separate project would probably be more fruitful than simply going around in circles trying to convince IE to do something different.  Wink

Huh?  Huh I just read what you wrote: " RAD environment used to produce the application was designed originally for the Atari ST"

Wrong Euphoria Smiley....

I am using my own custom flavor developed over the years: http://rapideuphoria.com/

My environment is flexible enough to do pretty much anything I want. However, to use Wulf's design I would literally have to start over to have the core design fit his design. But I will be making changes once everything is working well...
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:29:09 PM

100% agree. All I posted here was a concept for the GUI design. It seems that other posters in the thread think that this is a pitch for a new design. It's not, it's just a concept GUI I never wanted any sort of "mutiny" to try and force Iconic to change the design. It's not up to us to decide how the GUI will look, IconicExpert has invested his own time and money to make develop Blackcoin Cards, therefore we can't demand him to change anything. IconicExpert has already stated that my design will NOT work with the software. Please refrain from bashing people in this thread, like you've done with IconicExpert over the past page.

Thank you and I wish we had collaborated at the beginning stages of development. I would have definitely used many elements of your design. However, I will try and use some elements that can easily be changed in the app.
valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:38:43 PM

Has rat4/anyone else done a press release for this? What were the criticisms (s)he is trying to address and how will the new system differ from the previous one?

Edit: If it is a test the press release might be ott, granted. But investors and potential investors will still be curious.

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:55:39 PM

Off Topic - Wallet Cloak

Yesterday Gritt pointed out I developed an app to allow people to encrypt and hide their Wallets within ordinary images. It is called Wallet Cloak and it is 100% free to use. I developed it because too many people has had issues with hacking and malware, and I wanted to create something that would help prevent that.

What is Wallet Cloak?

Wallet Cloak is a robust security application used to encrypt and hide cryptocurrency wallets within image files. Wallets hidden with Wallet Cloak are undetectable and unrecoverable without the correct password. Wallet Cloak uses various techniques to protect wallets including: 256-Bit encryption algorithms, random pixel steganography, and hardware lock encryption keys. You can encrypt and hide any cryptocurrency wallet with Wallet Cloak, and images containing hidden wallets are fully functional as the original images.

Wallet Cloak is an ideal tool for individuals who want an extra level of security when backing up and storing their cryptocurrency wallets, and require their wallets to remain secure. Wallet Cloak is more than just an encryption application; it is also an electronic camouflage for your wallets. Other products just encrypt your files, but Wallet Cloak takes it a step further by hiding your file within image files, thus making your wallets secure and undetectable."

How does Wallet Cloak work?

Wallet Cloak compresses, encrypts, and then conceals wallet data within an image by modifying its colors in a manner that is virtually indistinguishable by the human eye. When a wallet is hidden within a image, it camouflages each section in a region of the image. The regions selected to save each bit of the wallet are chosen by performing several calculations with the password entered. The same calculations are performed when recovering the wallet data hidden within the image.

Is Wallet Cloak spyware or malware?

No! Wallet Cloak doesn't contain any spyware or malware components, and is 100% safe to install and use. I value the trust of my users and I would never bundle spyware or malware components with my software applications.

If I forget my password is there a master password or backdoor you can use to uncloak my wallet?

Absolutely not! Coding a backdoor in any security application and/or algorithm is not only unethical, but diminishes the credibility of the application and the developer. If you forget your password or no longer have access to the computer you used to cloak your wallet if hardware lock was enabled, then it is virtually impossible to uncloak your wallet. Please do not contact me asking if I can uncloak your wallet, I can't!

I hope the members here will find Wallet Cloak useful as it adds another layer of security for your precious BlackCoins.

You can download Wallet Cloak here: http://www.walletcloak.com/download.php
FAQs: http://www.walletcloak.com/faqs.php
Quick Guide: http://www.walletcloak.com/quick-guide.php

fortune143

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

favours the true

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:59:51 PM

Off Topic - Wallet Cloak

Yesterday Gritt pointed out I developed an app to allow people to encrypt and hide their Wallets within ordinary images. It is called Wallet Cloak and it is 100% free to use. I developed it because too many people has had issues with hacking and malware, and I wanted to create something that would help prevent that.

That looks absolutely brilliant, nice one Iconic!

potential is great, but its just potential.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

Off Topic - Wallet Cloak

That looks absolutely brilliant, nice one Iconic!
Is Wallet Cloak free to use?
Yes Wallet Cloak is 100% free to use without limitations. No costly monthly or yearly fees. Wallet Cloak is free now and will always be free!

so lets try

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:03:25 PM

IconicExpert how far are we with donations for wallstreet?
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:04:59 PM

holy crap that's nice !

Pages: « 1 ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: