Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:48:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:27:00 PM

Off Topic - Wallet Cloak

Yesterday Gritt pointed out I developed an app to allow people to encrypt and hide their Wallets within ordinary images. It is called Wallet Cloak and it is 100% free to use. I developed it because too many people has had issues with hacking and malware, and I wanted to create something that would help prevent that.

You can download Wallet Cloak here: http://www.walletcloak.com/download.php
FAQs: http://www.walletcloak.com/faqs.php
Quick Guide: http://www.walletcloak.com/quick-guide.php

That looks absolutely brilliant, nice one Iconic!

Thanks...

When a wallet is hidden within a image, it camouflages each section in a region of the image. The regions selected to save each bit of the wallet are chosen by performing several calculations with the password entered. The same calculations are performed when recovering the wallet data hidden within the image.

You can do some pretty cool stuff with the image after you cloak the wallet. For example: You can move the image to your phone or digital photo frame for safe keeping. No one will ever know it is there.

Getting closer and closer to James Bond.. very cool idea and concept.  Just make sure you don't have the "300" blackcoin image rotating through with your family images on your digital frame

+1...lol
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tola5

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:27:14 PM

are there a place where you can pay whit paypal or visa for BC what I can se there all nede BTC  but dont got any
Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:29:01 PM

• Pinterest already has a user "Blackcoin", but the page is empty. Any other propositions for a username?

BlackCoinCrypto - I was forced to use this for Instagram since BlackCoin was already taken.  It would work in parallel but that's your call since you're creating.  Thoughts?  

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
    ████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
    edu91

Activity: 94
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:34:35 PM

@Blackcoinofficial
    dzimbeck
    Legendary

Activity: 2412
    Merit: 1044

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:37:04 PM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/30/blackcoin-multipool-once-again-most-protfitable-to-mine

Back in business baby
    maarx

Activity: 882
    Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:38:03 PM

are there a place where you can pay whit paypal or visa for BC what I can se there all nede BTC  but dont got any

https://bittylicious.com/ <-- if you are in the UK.. or EU
    http://www.litebit.eu/ <-- EU too..

Not sure how you can buy with USD..

But what you can also do (if above links dont apply for you):

Buy bitcoin with USD, send to www.mintpal.com, buy Blackcoin from market there..

Good luck..! Smiley

(or ask someone in webchat.freenode.net, channel #blackcoinpool to sell to you.. Escrow, Google Wallet are viable options I think..)

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ANN Thread | Website
    Telegram | Twitter
    Whitepaper | Reddit
    MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
    Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:42:45 PM

Buy bitcoin with USD, send to www.mintpal.com, buy Blackcoin from market there..

Good luck..! Smiley

(or ask someone in webchat.freenode.net, channel #blackcoinpool to sell to you.. Escrow, Google Wallet are viable options I think..)

If you're in Canada   >> interact email transfer and wire
    https://www.vaultofsatoshi.com/

If your in USA >>
    https://prelude.io/trade/usd/bc  >> wire

lots of options

jamieb81

Activity: 308
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:45:43 PM

Good luck..! Smiley

If you're in Canada   >> interact email transfer and wire
    https://www.vaultofsatoshi.com/

If your in USA >>
    https://prelude.io/trade/usd/bc  >> wire

lots of options

and for europe

https://www.litebit.eu/

https://bittylicious.com/
    maarx

Activity: 882
    Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:50:04 PM

Haha Jamieb , read the original thing you quoted.. Tongue

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ANN Thread | Website
    Telegram | Twitter
    Whitepaper | Reddit
    jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:51:11 PM

Haha Jamieb , read the original thing you quoted.. Tongue

hahaha sorry only saw the last part  Grin  Grin Grin
    tola5

Activity: 5
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:55:20 PM

thx for the quick reply  Grin
    Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
    Merit: 105

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:58:18 PM

@Blackcoinofficial

+1

I like this and have changed our Instagram to this.  Far better than my @BlackCoinCrypto.  Thank you EDU

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
    ████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
    mr_random
    Legendary

Activity: 1274
    Merit: 1001

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 05:59:24 PM

Good luck..! Smiley

Maarx can you please get these links placed on the Blackcoin reddit sidebar? I created a reddit topic for bittylicious a while ago and asked for it to be put alongside the exchanges.

Cheers
    IconicExpert

Activity: 168
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

BlackCoin Community Plan

As promised I came up with a basic plan that we all can build upon over time. I think as a community need to be on the same page to achieve our common goal to make BlackCoin  #1.
    Before starting I was going to put this into a PDF and I decided to post it here so everyone can add whatever suggestions and comments to the plan. This is very long so please take a few minutes to read it.

Introduction:
    Over the past few weeks this community has accomplished some amazing things in the name of BlackCoin, but lately we have lost focus on our main goal of making BlackCoin #1. Some of us have been conducting ourselves like juveniles on this forum, including myself. The first thing that needs to change around here is our decorum. We cannot continue to act the way we have been acting. There are some very talented and intelligent individuals here , and we do not have to attack each other to get our point across. We can have intense debates and still be respectful of each other. If and when trolls do enter our thread, we have to adopt a no tolerance policy. Do not quote them and kindly ask them to refrain from posting FUD. Do not aggressively engage or argue with them. This thread is key to attracting new talent and investors, and it needs to remain open but it also needs to remain fairly professional.

Mission:
    Everyone keeps making the mistake of suggesting we can be the next Bitcoin. I do not want to be the next Bitcoin. In the eyes of the world Bitcoin doesn't exist. Yes we know about Bitcoin, and maybe 1 or 2 million people know about Bitcoin. However, if you ask 20 random people on the street if they know what Bitcoin is, I am willing to bet at least 19 of them would not have a clue what Bitcoin is. So although Bitcoin was the first, there is a very good opportunity to become the standard crypto-currency everyone knows and uses. There have been many examples in recent history when the first product to market is overshadowed by the newcomer because the newcomer had better marketing and branding.

Our mission is to strive to be the most recognized and used crypto-currency in the world.

Structure:
    This is a hard one. BlackCoin is not a corporation and it will never be a corporation. It is a community funded project with many moving parts. However, it seems to have turned into a central organization with a community that has limited say. There are major issues with this approach but I will not address that now. Moving forward I propose we decentralize BlackCoin and turn it back into a community controlled project.

1. The development team focuses on development and the technical aspect of BlackCoin

2. The BlackCoin foundation focuses on supporting projects and whatever else they feel passionate about.

3. The community focuses on building the brand and handling the business side of BlackCoin. No one person or small group should decide the fate of BlackCoin.

I own the domain GoBlackCoin.com and we can turn that into a community hub for discussions, new ideas, projects, events,  and everything else related to BlackCoin. We can have tutorials, market info,...etc..etc. Senior members of the BlackCoin community can be admins and mods. it will be a complete social network for the BlackCoin community. I can have that up and running by mid June.

Technology:
    The current BlackCoin client is based off the original Bitcoin client. We should begin to move forward with a more unique design that is tailored more for BlackCoin. Every wallet client is pretty much a carbon copy of the previous client with little differences here and there. It is hard to portray unique and innovative when the software for the wallet is similar in design to every other wallet.

Using BlackCoin at retail locations will be made easier using CoinKite, but I must admit I think cypto is going backwards with this approach. Using cards and terminals to make purchases is 20th century technology, and I have no idea why the currency of the future needs to use redesigned 20th century technology. Google has it right with their technology using an ordinary smart phone to make purchases.

We need to make it easier and cost effective for any merchant to accept BlackCoins without the hassle of extra terminals and cards. There are tons of locations that already support Google's technology, and maybe we need to tie into that network somehow.

Marketing & Brand Awareness:
    We have already  proven that press releases have a positive effect on getting investors excited and garnering the attention of the crypto-community. But there is so much more we can be doing
    a) Social media should be a top priority. We have members who have graciously offered to Tweet regularly and upload photos to Instagram. We must utilize every aspect of social media.

b) Events will be crucial to building brand awareness. The Wall Street event is just one example of how we need to be creative and think out the box. We need to sponsor small concerts, raise money for charities,  and sponsor high profile non-crypto related events

c) Traditional print ads in magazines is an option we will need to explore. Bitcoin placed an ad in Wired Magazine. That was a good idea but I would have opted for one of the financial magazines first. We need to go where the money is, and financial magazines is where we need to be.

d) Times Square billboard! Yes we need to go big! At this time it is not feasible to buy a billboard in Times Square, but as the marketcap of BlackCoin increases we can have a BlackCoin billboard in the middle of Times Square.

e) Radio is also an option we need to pursue. Radio is not expensive at all and can be effective with the right ad and audience.

f) Celebrity endorsements. A-list celebrities are expensive, but there are very popular celebrities that are not exactly A-list but have a huge following. Their fees are significantly less than an A-list celebrity but can be just as effective at making BlackCoin popular.

g) Sponsor poker tournaments and have the players paid in BlackCoin.

Infrastructure & Partnerships:
    We have been very lucky to have been added to some of the top exchanges and services in such a short span of time. I think as a community we have been very effective in this area and we just need to keep contacting services and keep requesting they add us.

Coinbase is a Bitcoin only service but I think they are rethinking their position on that. If we can show how powerful and innovate BlackCoin is, maybe in the future we can convince them to add us.
    Every time I send BTC to an exchange it takes a lifetime to  confirm. However, when you compare that to BlackCoin it seems almost instant. This is a major advantage and we need Bitcoin only services to understand Bitcoin is yesterdays technology.

Recruitment:
    We need the most talented people onboard to help with this project. Talented and knowledgeable people are priceless, and we need to establish an environment that welcomes and nurtures talented people.
    BlackCoin will succeed or fail based on the efforts of the community. Without a passionate and active community BlackCoin will slowly die like many coins before it.

"If you do what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten".....
    McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

BlackCoin Community Plan

As promised I came up with a basic plan that we all can build upon over time. I think as a community need to be on the same page to achieve our common goal to make BlackCoin  #1.
    Before starting I was going to put this into a PDF and I decided to post it here so everyone can add whatever suggestions and comments to the plan. This is very long so please take a few minutes to read it.

Introduction:
    Over the past few weeks this community has accomplished some amazing things in the name of BlackCoin, but lately we have lost focus on our main goal of making BlackCoin #1. Some of us have been conducting ourselves like juveniles on this forum, including myself. The first thing that needs to change around here is our decorum. We cannot continue to act the way we have been acting. There are some very talented and intelligent individuals here , and we do not have to attack each other to get our point across. We can have intense debates and still be respectful of each other. If and when trolls do enter our thread, we have to adopt a no tolerance policy. Do not quote them and kindly ask them to refrain from posting FUD. Do not aggressively engage or argue with them. This thread is key to attracting new talent and investors, and it needs to remain open but it also needs to remain fairly professional.

Mission:
    Everyone keeps making the mistake of suggesting we can be the next Bitcoin. I do not want to be the next Bitcoin. In the eyes of the world Bitcoin doesn't exist. Yes we know about Bitcoin, and maybe 1 or 2 million people know about Bitcoin. However, if you ask 20 random people on the street if they know what Bitcoin is, I am willing to bet at least 19 of them would not have a clue what Bitcoin is. So although Bitcoin was the first, there is a very good opportunity to become the standard crypto-currency everyone knows and uses. There have been many examples in recent history when the first product to market is overshadowed by the newcomer because the newcomer had better marketing and branding.

Our mission is to strive to be the most recognized and used crypto-currency in the world.

Structure:
    This is a hard one. BlackCoin is not a corporation and it will never be a corporation. It is a community funded project with many moving parts. However, it seems to have turned into a central organization with a community that has limited say. There are major issues with this approach but I will not address that now. Moving forward I propose we decentralize BlackCoin and turn it back into a community controlled project.

1. The development team focuses on development and the technical aspect of BlackCoin

2. The BlackCoin foundation focuses on supporting projects and whatever else they feel passionate about.

3. The community focuses on building the brand and handling the business side of BlackCoin. No one person or small group should decide the fate of BlackCoin.

I own the domain GoBlackCoin.com and we can turn that into a community hub for discussions, new ideas, projects, events,  and everything else related to BlackCoin. We can have tutorials, market info,...etc..etc. Senior members of the BlackCoin community can be admins and mods. it will be a complete social network for the BlackCoin community. I can have that up and running by mid June.

Technology:
    The current BlackCoin client is based off the original Bitcoin client. We should begin to move forward with a more unique design that is tailored more for BlackCoin. Every wallet client is pretty much a carbon copy of the previous client with little differences here and there. It is hard to portray unique and innovative when the software for the wallet is similar in design to every other wallet.

Using BlackCoin at retail locations will be made easier using CoinKite, but I must admit I think cypto is going backwards with this approach. Using cards and terminals to make purchases is 20th century technology, and I have no idea why the currency of the future needs to use redesigned 20th century technology. Google has it right with their technology using an ordinary smart phone to make purchases.

We need to make it easier and cost effective for any merchant to accept BlackCoins without the hassle of extra terminals and cards. There are tons of locations that already support Google's technology, and maybe we need to tie into that network somehow.

We have already  proven that press releases have a positive effect on getting investors excited and garnering the attention of the crypto-community. But there is so much more we can be doing
    a) Social media should be a top priority. We have members who have graciously offered to Tweet regularly and upload photos to Instagram. We must utilize every aspect of social media.

b) Events will be crucial to building brand awareness. The Wall Street event is just one example of how we need to be creative and think out the box. We need to sponsor small concerts, raise money for charities,  and sponsor high profile non-crypto related events

c) Traditional print ads in magazines is an option we will need to explore. Bitcoin placed an ad in Wired Magazine. That was a good idea but I would have opted for one of the financial magazines first. We need to go where the money is, and financial magazines is where we need to be.

d) Times Square billboard! Yes we need to go big! At this time it is not feasible to buy a billboard in Times Square, but as the marketcap of BlackCoin increases we can have a BlackCoin billboard in the middle of Times Square.

e) Radio is also an option we need to pursue. Radio is not expensive at all and can be effective with the right ad and audience.

f) Celebrity endorsements. A-list celebrities are expensive, but there are very popular celebrities that are not exactly A-list but have a huge following. Their fees are significantly less than an A-list celebrity but can be just as effective at making BlackCoin popular.

We have been very lucky to have been added to some of the top exchanges and services in such a short span of time. I think as a community we have been very effective in this area and we just need to keep contacting services and keep requesting they add us.

Coinbase is a Bitcoin only service but I think they are rethinking their position on that. If we can show how powerful and innovate BlackCoin is, maybe in the future we can convince them to add us.
    Every time I send BTC to an exchange it takes a lifetime to  confirm. However, when you compare that to BlackCoin it seems almost instant. This is a major advantage and we need Bitcoin only services to understand Bitcoin is yesterdays technology.

Recruitment:
    We need the most talented people onboard to help with this project. Talented and knowledgeable people are priceless, and we need to establish an environment that welcomes and nurtures talented people.
    BlackCoin will succeed or fail based on the efforts of the community. Without a passionate and active community BlackCoin will slowly die like many coins before it.

"If you do what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten".....

Good plan Iconic, glad we are focusing more on outreach now. With the LinkedIn, Pinterest, Blog, Twitter, and more active adverts I believe penetration will be fair quicker than previously believed.

McKie

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
    mr_random
    Legendary

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:23:57 PM

Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

Do you mean the announced changes from rat4?
    The changes are shown in detail here:
    https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/compare/master...protocolv2

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

It is currenty purely a test, no new protocol just yet. This has to be tested extensively first.

Has rat4/anyone else done a press release for this? What were the criticisms (s)he is trying to address and how will the new system differ from the previous one?

Edit: If it is a test the press release might be ott, granted. But investors and potential investors will still be curious.

We should be making more noise about this if the testing is successful.

rat4 improving the the proof of stake algorithm would be a MAJOR bit of news.

It's an advancement of cryptocurrency.

I also strongly believe a portion of Peercoin investors will gain interest in Blackcoin if we improve upon their protocol.
    peer2peer360

Activity: 561
    Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:27:28 PM

For the many of you who has already purchased BlackcoinCard
    & don't have Windows products

It may jus turn out to be a good thing after all
    How about if you ordered the Limited Editon BC card
    & BC prices starts to increase imagine what someone is
    Willing to pay you for your Limited Edition BC card (think about it)

It's already been noted that the Limited Edition blackcoin card
    Could become very valuable.

Sky is the limit ~ Heaven(Consciousness) is UNLimited.

Blackcoin is the the Black sheep of the crypto-world

We don't follow rules, We make them
    -Iconicexpert

mr_random
    Legendary

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:27:43 PM

BlackCoin Community Plan

Introduction:

Mission:

Structure:

Technology:

Recruitment:

I agree with this. I also think we should be sure to use #blackcoin hashtag wherever possible. Instagram, twitter, facebook etc.

If I can remind people I am a web developer with years of experience. Anyone who has ideas, give me them to me.
    Subtuppel

Activity: 700
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:28:33 PM

BlackCoin Community Plan

Introduction:

Mission:

Structure:

Technology:

Recruitment:

thanks once more, good ideas.
    I like the idea with an independent platform for all things that are about organization and infrastructure.

One thing we should keep in mind that we cannot focus on internet and the english-speaking part of the world only.
    For example, Bitcoin has become pretty big in Germany by now but that started with a localized version of MtGox and later an "own" exchange bitcoin.de.
    I would be happy to do translation/localization for websites, press releases and software (i am pretty sure i'll find something where i can help with coding as well...).
    The more people we find who help with those localizations the more professional it will appear to potential investors from the respective countries.

eMiz0r

Activity: 60
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    May 02, 2014, 06:30:30 PM

Holy shit, I really like some of your idea's IE! Very outside the box, very ambitious and very innovative. This gives me the feeling BC has a nice future to come. I don't own a lot of BC (just a small chunk), so I won't make a lot of money when BC really rises. I don't care either, because the crypto as a whole sounds like a great initiative to bring something new to an old fashioned (monetary) system.

Thinking outside of the box and having huge ambitions is why people are making money in the first place.

BlackCoin Community Plan

Introduction:

Mission:

Structure:

Technology:

Recruitment:

Pages: « 1 ... 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... 1743 »
      Print  

Jump to: