Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:35:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My review for skypiea.thinkfenix.com  (Read 746 times)
superside (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:48:27 PM

This is not a complete review but I'm going to put this up ahead of time to allow other users who are interested in Skypieas services a chance to ask questions before I go back to lurker mode.

I have been utilizing Skypiea services to cashout bitcoin and some fiat for securing a loan through the holding of precious medals. Skypiea has offered to loan me the remaining balance needed to acquire business property at a competitive rate. I've taken advantage of all that Skypiea has to offer and will be completing my transactions fully in the next few days (15th is the deadline).

The whole process has been fairly straight forward from the beginning, we spent 3 days in face to face discussion to hammer out details and paperwork.
This process takes a lot of trust on the client end (mine) and has been very trying on nerves.
Once the process is fully complete I will review in the following format 

Services and products offered
Communication
Customer service
Whether or not I would recommend a friend or business partner
Overall satisfaction

If you have any questions about the process so far (not on how skypiea operates) feel free to reply.

Link to Skypiea's thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334580.msg4419951

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:09:59 PM

Finalizing day, if today doesn't go as planned on thinkfenix's side I lose the property. So let's keep our fingers crossed.
Awaiting a response from J- at Skypiea.Thinkfenix about finalization
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:25:38 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 11:46:05 PM by superside

Awaiting the other side
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:54:11 PM

I made an account there but have not used them, will be watching your thread with interest to see how it works out for you. 

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

I'll be sure to update it shortly. Expect the final review to be extremely thorough. The good and the bad
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:32:13 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 03:46:51 PM by superside

Here's where we stand as of today. From beginning to near end;

Prior to meeting I did as much research as I could on skypiea/thinkfenix and was satisfied that I would be dealing with who they claim to be.

Late Dec we met 3 times physically to hammer out what services I needed to use with the original date of finalizing NLT Jan 26

After the first week of Jan I started receiving word that we needed to finalize sooner due to possible tax liens that would attach to the property, from here I asked if we could move it to Jan 15th. We changed from check in mail to wire transfer.

As Jan 15th came closer the final paperwork was not received and communication was hit and miss.

Jan 15th came around some paperwork was received but I had sent a typo so we had to correct that. I got word that night that the wire was sent but it wasn't received the next day and as we know, wires are instant...onto the frenzy

Jan 16th was when I went into full panic mode, wire hadn't been received and I wasn't able to get a hold of J or anyone else for that matter. So I finally was left with no alternative but to send someone to find him, I sent a future business partner to check the only address we had on file. Turns out he wasn't ignoring my calls, emails or text but he was bed ridden sick, I know how that is because initially I pushed back our meeting date by 3-4 days while I was bed ridden with the flu. I asked him what the deal was and he explained everything. He understood my frustration and concern seeing how there is substantial amount at stake here.
Throughout the whole process I never felt like I was being scammed or ripped out but there was/is a good amount of frustration and stress involved in this kind of business transaction since it takes a lot of trust on the client (me) side.

Jan 17th There was a miscommunication which I should have clarified on my end that has caused a bit of delay on their end. Now I'm the asshole. I stated we needed a wire but I didn't say not an ACH, the receiving escrow company says they do not accept ACH and since the majority of the transaction was sent through ACH we have a bit of a problem. Now J did do his research before sending the ACH and showed me on the routing # where it stated they do accept ACH and he did send it to the correct ACH address but now we're awaiting word from the escrow agency to see if no really means no.

One thing I do know is he (J- President of Skypiea) is who he says he is, I've confirmed it by bank account, miicard, physical address, internet and DL background check. He has deep ties to where he's at and no sensible person would pack up and disappear over something as small as this. So being scammed hasn't really been too much of a concern, more of less it's just that everything is done correctly.
I will keep this updated, I'll be fair and impartial on my review as I believe that is necessary for both future customers and for Skypiea. There will be some criticism but if everything works out in the end then that is all that REALLY matters to me. Most of the deficiencies spotted thus far with Skypiea are starting business woes that will iron out once things become a little more established.
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:13:03 PM

All I can say right now is things are not looking good.
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:23:46 PM

Communication is zero right now. No answer on the phone, email or text but iMessage shows text are being received and read.
ACH has not arrived yet and was sent on Wed supposedly. I requested a receipt confirmation that they were sent on Fri but did not receive it.
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:02:08 PM

We have contact, was assured ach will clear today.
I'm keeping this updated in real time so future users can see how this process goes. Like I said if everything goes through I will be happy as hell and the stresses of everything else will be miniscule.
When everything is finalized I will have a very thorough review, no punches or praises withheld
superside (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:57:06 PM

And as promised they are coming in. 1st one just posted, guess I'm just a little high strung.
Skypiea is just fulfilling their end and my nerves are soothing.
Outlook is now positive
superside (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:24:26 PM

Forgot to update this
Well this was a stressful 2 months but Skypiea did come through. There were definitely hiccups along the way but J is definitely running a legitimate business. With his new contracts to expand I think skypiea will be a big part of the BTC community in the coming years.

Pros: Easy for the most part, reasonable fees, US based.
Cons: Communication is a bit slow, start up business hiccups which I assume will be ironed out as they progress

Would I recommend: Yes
Will I do business again the future: Yes
Over all satisfaction is Good, 7/10 in numbers. The -3 is for the hiccups but ultimately everything worked out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: