Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1427 times)
lagabara

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:51:59 PM

Token is burned by the ICO developers I think is good, because by reducing the number of tokens that exist will make the price token can be boosted up. And make it easier to ride with less supply. Hopefully it can be quickly up if already burned.
triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:12:50 PM

for burning problems that usually possess a token can be a good influence against the token price but in some cases it is sometimes it can actually cause the price down because some ico experience hacked at the moment want to burn as a token of their and it causes the token price even down
OneyZ

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:20:36 PM

The companies burn their tokens for their own good i guess. They burn the tokens for the sake of getting higher price of the other tokens simply following the demand and supply rule and I think this is a good idea.
zArow

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:23:01 PM

Yes it is good for ICO and token. Because it increases the demand and thus makes opportunity to have more profit.
TupMan007

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

I hope you are right but in my opinion burning will help the project because of the law of supply and demand chain. I think if they never burn their unsold ICO then the price will go down when they are being listed in the market.
SwagSpynx

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:11:11 PM

Burning unused tokens is a very good thing for your project. Because the higher the quantity the lower the price and vice versa. So to increase the price this is a strategic method.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:15:09 PM

It's supposed to be.
Less coins should equal more value for each one.
But lately most of the tokens burns have ended up with the opposite result right after the burn. Look at tron or binance recent burns.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

It's all about supply and demand, the more supply there is with little amount of investors and hodlers, the more likely the price will fall.

If you look at the market caps of the top 20, they are all very similar in value, but the price of their coin varies significantly.
This has a lot to do with max supply vs. circulating supply.

Imagine a country that has 1000 of it's money being used, but they have 10,000 in reserve.
Every now and then they release those to boost the economy.
However, as more and more get distributed, the overall value of the currency actually becomes more dilluted.
It's inflation really.

Another reason why companies do this is to try and keep the ico price in tact when going to market.
It's a measure to protect their early investors and is much appreciated.

Nagibator007

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:18:59 PM

Of course, this is definitely very good,as it will greatly affect the price may not immediately,but then 100%,as the product will become if in the future demand,and the number of tokens will be limited,the price of it will fly up
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:23:10 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

Yes of course,because if this remaining tokens will still exist in circulation the posibility of prices to grow good is very little,since the value relies on the volume of every coins or tokens .so burning the unsold tokens or coins will give opportunity to the existing portion to grow and pumo
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:25:56 PM

Another option, when, for example, the remaining unsold tokens are distributed to investors, and too generously, this should raise suspicions that the price of the token will collapse greatly when entering the exchange and mass drain of assets. So burn - it's better, should positively play on the price of the coin.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:27:46 PM

I hope you are right but in my opinion burning will help the project because of the law of supply and demand chain. I think if they never burn their unsold ICO then the price will go down when they are being listed in the market.
If there is not enough supply in the market, expect the price to go higher so i think burning token is a good idea for every project. But the value of that token is not guaranteed to pump, because it will still depend on their technology. Don’t expect the value of a specific token to pump right after they burn the unsold token.
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 03:35:46 PM

as far as i know, burning the unsold token on ICO is really needed for investor's trust. so that many investor who doesn't join the ICO would interested to invest. many of investors afraid the token would be manipulated by selling the unsold token on market for their own profit.
genset88

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:54:26 PM

I think it's good for investors. The price of the token depends on the supply and demand. If they minimize the supply, token value may be higher than before. Burning unsold token also ensures transparency of the project.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jmix2018

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh".
Yes, it makes the supply lesser to enforce the demand higher.
I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Apply the law of supply and demand so if you think that doesn't help the project, it's your opinion and everyone has their own points too.

Youre right guys its depend on thete demand and apply to the law supply it will make it for highest price on trade market  right??
VogueaNON

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:03:45 PM

Of course it is good. Because burning the unused tokens is a witty way to keep the value of the tokens. It increases the demand along with value.
Mark13

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:04:57 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

Yes, burning of unsold tokens will lessen the supply and will largely affect the demand in the market. It is an strategy used by most project nowadays. It affects the circulating supply of token or coins.
godraphael

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:09:47 PM

Burning of unsold token is absolutely good for a project. It increases the value of that token. When unsold tokens a burnt, it reduces the supply of that coin hereby causing an increase in the demand of that particular coin which automatically brings an increase in price in the long run.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

That's the idea of most of the ICO and I am sure they are doing what is best for them , I've seen the computation about the profit sharing after the ICO and maybe that is the reason of burning the unsold tokens but I'm not sure since I am an expert on this thing.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:20:53 PM

yes it is good. because quantity of tokens are reducing. so if the market cap is constant so price per token increases. imagine that there were less gold in the world, wouldnt gold price be much more comparing with now.

turn the page
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: