Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:58:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD?  (Read 3348 times)
lienfaye

Activity: 2898
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:51:36 AM

Regulation can lessen the people who got scammed due to the number of scam ICOs that's currently existing, it might not totally get rid the scammers but its a relief that the government will take an action regarding this.

The bad side would be the taxes that we need to pay for each transaction that we have made and the anonymity of us are no longer present.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:28:06 AM

It's good in the long run eventhough the impact in the short run is negative especially on prices of crypto assets. This regulations is part of the reasons why we have witnessed huge drop in prices of coins but I have come to face reality that mainstream adoption cannot be achieved without regulations.
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:46:48 AM

I think regulation will only make cryptocurrencies better, stronger and fairer. Regulations are safeguards that will help to protect users from loss, fraud and promote fair practice. Exchanges will require that you identify yourself. This means if you want to go back into fiat you will be known to government bodies and required to pay the necessary tax's on profits.
Coongcoongler

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:09:41 AM

It can add up profit and support to our economy as a country. Bad when the government focuses more on its own interest through heavy taxation because right now everything goods and services has already been taxed by the government.
amber deposit

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:54:57 PM

Government regulation is good and at the same time could be bad, meaning it would be already legal and also rules is really needed in cryptocurrency which could help remove scams, however, it could be bad because crypto now is controlled by the government and may decrease potential profits.
pumbum

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:56:48 PM

if this happens, many investors will be able to enter this market, so I think it's good, but when all this will be not yet known
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:13:31 PM

EU Parliament told that crypto assets are going to stay and ico are very good way to raise funds for companies .EU want to regulate ico and give EU ico passports
But EU want to set up funds limit up to 10 mln euru
Probably from January legislation will be ready and we will have regulated ico in Europe
It looks good to me will be more easy to avoid scams

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:25:34 PM

previously the government had a good aim to provide regulations on crypto currency, but it would be bad when the regulation was used or used by certain parties to get their own benefits

That is one of the reasons many don't like the idea of a certain government to intervene in cryptocurrency as their are only parties that would use it or create a regulation and law that would benefit them, however it is one of the necessary steps that we need in order for it to be adopted to the masses and we just have to deal with the because of the decenteralized nature of cryptcurrency we still have the power to it.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:42:09 PM

I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.
I do think the same, with regulation it can help to introduce cryptocurrency to new people that dont even know about it. With regulations there will be a protection for investors and it will become barrier for people that trying to make a scam from it. ICO seems the easiest way to fund money and many people use it as a way to scam people so i do believe regulations is good for everyone.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dmamigo

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:13:31 PM

I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.
I do think the same, with regulation it can help to introduce cryptocurrency to new people that dont even know about it. With regulations there will be a protection for investors and it will become barrier for people that trying to make a scam from it. ICO seems the easiest way to fund money and many people use it as a way to scam people so i do believe regulations is good for everyone.

As my country has put some restrictions upon Cryptocurrency and its transaction with fiat, so I feel it's better to be regulated than completely or partially restricted or banned. P2P system is good, but still, people are hesitant to take up this system and use it. New users have seemingly gone down after the restriction was imposed. While introducing to my friends, maximum of them said no after knowing the restriction by government.

gaj ahmada

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:25:37 PM

if government regulations on crypto to prevent crypto abuse such as for terrorist financing or money laundering then I think
that is a good thing, provided that the rules made do not harm us as cryptocurrency users, I don't think that is a problem
Primaryio

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:29:48 PM

Investors and consumers will feel more secure with their investment in your project if they see you have a regulatory stamp of approval from a jurisdiction that protects their interests. It gives them certainty that you are operating above board and provides a place they can go to argue any grievances should something go wrong. Regulation is a good thing and it helps the adoption of the blockchain technology.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 12:40:34 AM

Government regulations will cause a good impact on the crypto industry in total as it will meet the approval of several (about 80% of governments from different countries across the globe) governments. This will eventually clear the doubts and fear most potential investors are facing due to the attacks coming from the governments now.

brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:35:22 PM

I have always thought that cryptocurrency regulations is bad because it is going to come with quite a number of limitations. That should not take away the fact that cryptocurrency regulations may come with some advantages, one of which is to bring the numerous scams to and end.
Cryptuenza

Activity: 71
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:40:24 PM

It has both, advantages and disadvantages. Here in Germany Bitcoin is officially accepted as a payment instrument, it's nice BUT it means at the same time you pay TAXES TAXES and more TAXES, even for POS you must pay taxes, it's sad  Undecided
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:28:06 PM

The situation could be described as good or bad depending on how one see the larger picture. I believe the world of cryptocurrency runs on the decentralized blockchain technology and as such, government continuous interference in the  matters of crypto would not appropriate.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:46:39 PM

Everything depends on their alignments, if their regulations are more in favor of cryptocurrency of course it's very GOOD, and the government will certainly provide various facilities to each crypto user so that they can use crypto freely both as currency and value assets. However if there's a thing on the contrary of course it's BAD, and I think there's no positive benefit, which we can take.
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 11:58:19 PM

I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
I am not totally against government regulation in cryptocurrency as it can help to track fraudsters and scammers. It will be okay if the government decides to regulate it.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Polkadott

Activity: 125

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:27:34 AM

I think if the government provides a number of rules and as long as the regulation is not detrimental to crypto currency users then I agree, because this is a form of government concern for currency users
sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:21:54 AM

some regulation is always have two side, good and bad. and we cant blame people that say about the regulation is going to negative or positive think. government just want to keep, to make secure crypto and their country. im sure not all people will agree about that. but every part have the other solution like if you wont pass kyc, you can trade with broker or the other local exchanger that always hide about customer's information.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: