Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-account bounty abusers  (Read 306 times)
nkampala (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:26:14 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 06:02:20 PM by nkampala
Merited by Seetheummerallyeah (1)

Connected accounts - Claiming multiple bounties (DT, please tag)

Background

I was reading posts in the Beginner's & Help board when I came across this post. I didn't think anything of it at first, but then I thought about how it was pretty strange that the first three users to post wrote the same way. Going more into it, you can see that those first three posts were also posted pretty close together. So then I started looking into their profiles.

Investigation

The first few things I noticed were obviously the similar usernames, all containing "chien". Next was that all three have the same Eternal Trusts bounty signature. Also, the bountyplatform links in their websites have consecutive codes, being registered close together.

• minhchien9abandat: 22293
    • chienlm05: 22294
    • chienmluc2: 22295

As I dove into the posts, I found 9 bounties that the accounts have participated in. 4 currently running, and 5 that have ended

Current

Past

The accounts would be used mostly for Facebook bounties, with the first account also doing some Twitter bounties. So looking into their Facebook profiles, I saw that they were all very similar as well (pictures, names, etc.)

minhchien9abandat's Facebook -- Archive

chienlm05's Facebook -- Archive

chienmluc2's Facebook -- Archive

As you can see, there's a lot of evidence here that these accounts are connected. Similar usernames, facebook profiles, writing styles, posts on the same threads almost one right after the other.[/list]
    No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
    Merit: 41

View Profile
    July 18, 2018, 05:31:30 PM

Good find.

The best part is this

My family is quite poor and I think I need independent about money in order to help my parents. when I start to work with Crypto, I spend 5-6 hours to do Airdrop, Bounty,....
    Then I have used reward to hold or exchange to ETH and invest to ICO which I trust. I have research Forex, however Forex is so difficult.

The rest is about 12 hours. Relax, meet friends are only make me about 1-2 hours everyday. I don't have other choosing but I am really satisfied with my life

Doing shitcoin bounties is not the way to get out of poverty. Some people are seriously delusional when it comes to crypto expectations.
    nkampala (OP)

View Profile
    July 18, 2018, 07:13:45 PM

Doing shitcoin bounties is not the way to get out of poverty. Some people are seriously delusional when it comes to crypto expectations.

I guess they just think it's an easy way to get money...if the bounties even end up paying.

I also found something else super pathetic: The second two accounts gave trust to the first account lol. But it's under untrusted feedback, heh...they thought it would do some good.
    nkampala (OP)

View Profile
    July 23, 2018, 05:43:07 PM

Added the archive links since the person changed their profiles
    Joel_Jantsen
    Legendary

Activity: 1876
    Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
    July 23, 2018, 09:23:16 PM

Added the archive links since the person changed their profiles
    That's a good one. When you come across stuff with relevant proofs, instead of waiting for the DT, you have to Join the bounty group where these accounts are cheating and report them there openly. Bounty Managers are forced to take an action that way!
    nkampala (OP)

View Profile
    July 24, 2018, 04:30:33 AM

That's a good one. When you come across stuff with relevant proofs, instead of waiting for the DT, you have to Join the bounty group where these accounts are cheating and report them there openly. Bounty Managers are forced to take an action that way!

Ok, thanks for the advice! When you say joining the bounty group do you just mean posting on the bounty thread?
    Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to: