Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Punishment for ICO scams!  (Read 1968 times)
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:40:43 AM

It is highly regrettable that non of those scamming ICOs has been brought to book or punished this will surely encourage other newer ICOs to capitalize on non regulatory body of ICOs to scam more investors, I think the idea of knowing the country of origin of ICOs is very important so as to track or trace them.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:58:14 PM

More of them will go unpunished! Only the biggest retarded fools that do grab and go will be punished!
If ICO scammers put even a little bit of thought how to heat the system, they will always go away with it, I think!
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:20:10 PM

The only way the team or the developers behind scam ICOs can be sanctioned is if their true identities were revealed before the incidence. So many of them use fake identities and that is why you may not be able to pin them down. Also, this is what some governments have been clamouring for. Had it been the crypto space is regulated, then the scammers can easily be apprehended, but in this case, i do not know how possible it is.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:37:19 PM

I do not despair when I encounter such a problem and draw certain conclusions.  It is better to analyze projects.  I consider this an acquired experience. Let's see what happens with Shopin.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
RyanDMC

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:39:30 PM

Sanctions for scammers should be already happening in some way, there are simply too many of them in the market, and there is money involved, I think it is a matter of getting more knowledgeable about avoiding them
James678

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

SEC would apply penalties, but you know, some of team members have fake profiles, so it is tricky. Bounty hunters can punish scammers by negatively promotion. In some cases it affects scammers
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

In the digital era only a few people / scammers / hackers are being punished by the laws of the countries in where they are apprehended, and such laws are very few and scarce. The same goes for ICO and bounty scams as there are no laws that can apprehend the people who commit it.
cryptosyss

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:00:44 PM

As far as I know, it is currently impossible to punish fraudulent ICO. Although in the near future I think there will be such laws.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:05:57 PM

I don't see any punishment suitable that you can give any scam ICOs than to ignore them. How do you punish someone untraceable who gob away with your money?
raghovsing34

Activity: 333

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 06:13:54 PM

Is it possible? I think it's not possible. Because the ico is scam. They usually make all the information wrong in project relations. They also do not give their true identity. So, how will they be arrested and punished?

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
bagas79

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:20:11 PM

Although I have never been punished or sanctioned for a fake project, but in my opinion it's a good idea.
Because now a lot of fake projects
hamba laeh

Activity: 752
Merit: 100

EPsiloan

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:39:24 PM

all I have ever done to give a deterrent effect is by asking the developer and embarrassing him by publishing to every social media that exists and also on the forum, where I say that the project is a fraud that would be detrimental if he joined him.

DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1232
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:47:22 PM

Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
since using cryptoccurency makes you anonymous, there is no punishment for people behind those fraudulent projects. no one can capture them especially if they are using fake identity in their projects.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 08:03:39 PM

Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
I don't know what kind of charges appropriate for these scammers and I'm sure they all deserve to be behind the bars. I have participated in some fraudulent ICO's and some of them are quite legit because they attended in some roadshow. And after the ICO's they just went dark and run away the money. And i feel sad to the investors and bounty hunters which we don't deserve.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:39:20 PM

Scammers aren't just dumb thugs with a knife, these people are highly intelligent even more so than you and me. They will have layers of protection, and create lots of fake profiles. Catching these guys will require NSA data and it's not worth their time.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:55:43 AM

At the moment, the topic of punishment for the ICO scam is very rare. In almost all cases, everything remains with impunity. If Iko scum, it is unlikely that someone will return something to you.
Truly, there are no effective means to lay any punishments or rebuke a particular ICO the proved to be a scam.

Remember that ICO remains largely unregulated. In fact it is for the reason of being unregulated that many took their projects to a tokenized crowdfunding platform. They are not to be held liable for any loss nor any damage pertaining to the project investment, support or participation. And us, agreeing to their legal disclaimer could not really make any legal appeal when we fall prey to those scams.
Bitcoin1216

Activity: 364

Pawsome

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:02:17 AM

It must be understood that currently there are too many ICOs that are scams, this is what makes investors afraid to put their money in the ICO, I believe that the biggest factor that makes bitcoin marketcap even stronger is the large number of scam projects.

soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:04:11 AM

I don't think any of them has been brought to justice and that's the reason why the menace continue to strive in the industry. Countries are still working to make laws that can be used to prosecute them
cryptocurrency_coin

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:11:11 AM

I am also interested in this issue as you.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:14:42 AM

Punishment for fraudsters must stand so that they feel afraid and they will not do it again, because they have harmed many people in it.
everything will be a lesson and the law must exist so that those who want to commit fraud no longer exist.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀