Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:00:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Beginners Tips?  (Read 317 times)
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:45:37 PM

Avoid 99.9% altcoins, they are shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
werizapp

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:40:41 AM

I think your question is a bit generic hence I will post here to address two concerns : (1) ranking up in this forum and (2) airdrops and bounty campaigns

Ranking Up

The definition of Quality Post is subjective

One member may find your post as "quality post" then will give you a merit while other members may just engage you with a discussion without giving any merit.  Hence, I would like to suggest that just make it a habit to post something substantial and always (yes, always) be mindful of the rules of the forum.  Prevent yourself to be part of the ignored list of the merit sources.

Start Small

Just start small.  You can start on the things that you know or your experiences that you want to share.  I know that being a newbie, it feels like we cannot contribute anything in the forum because we have just little knowledge compare to the veterans.  However, I think some members would like to hear your stories of success, failures, learning, and not learning, and the like.  You can also post topic that interests you, in that way you can provide good insights by using your passion on the subject as the motivation/fuel to make a good post.

Start with "Beginners & Help" Category

You can start posting in the Beginners & Help category for you to ask questions and to be familiar with the forum.  It is advisable also that the target audience of your first posts are newbies (in relation with the previous point "Start Small").

Read. Read. Read
Try using the "search" bar if you want to learn certain topics.  It is really helpful (believe me).  By reading you will now the unspoken rules of the forum (what attitudes are frowned upon and what attitudes are highly encouraged).

COMMON MISTAKES of BEGINNERS/NEWBIES during ICO, AIRDROPS, and BOUNTY CAMPAIGNS

1. ETH Address vs Private Key

Note that your ETH Address is different from your Private Key.  
Your Private Key is your way of accessing your wallet while your ETH address is used to receive coins.

Sample ETH address       : 0x46678053A1C1F1A3d46d916f93Fd74dAe1c2aF6B

Sample ETH Private Key : a96bc7487e7bd325e0a2dcf1a7adc9a04ecb2ada74cc49604aa2e95c3122e523

2. Bitcointalk Profile

When you want to see your profile by clicking the “profile” in the home tab, you will see this URL : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile.  
This is NOT your bitcointalk profile link!

There are two (2) ways to get your bitcointalk profile link:

a. First, you need to go to your profile.  
On the left corner you will see “summary” then click it.  You will get a URL like this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2171254;sa=summary.  
Remove the “;sa=summary” and the new URL (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2171254) is your bitcointalk profile URL;

or

b. Go to your profile then on the left corner click “show posts”, it will display your previous posts.  
Click one (1) to show your previous post with your bitcointalk username on the left side of the post.  
Click on your bitcointalk username and it will direct you to your profile.  The URL is your bitcointalk profile link.

3. ERC20 ETH Wallet

Bounty campaigns and airdrops mostly use ERC20 ETH wallet to distribute their tokens.  
Note that ERC20 ETH wallet is different from the ETH address that you can get from an exchange.
https://www.myetherwallet.com/ (MEW) is an example of an ERC20 ETH wallet.
You can also use hardware wallets which are more secure than MEW

4. Forgetting to post your result

You need to take note the day of the week that you need to submit the result of your campaign!  
Failure to do so will make your effort be in vain,  the bounty manager will not credit what you did for the previous week.

In my case, I always document my bounty campaigns using google docs.  
This helps me to manage and sort out one campaign to another (to avoid mixing them up).

5. Quote vs New post vs Same post just edit

Aside from taking note on when to post your report, you also need to be mindful on the matter of how.  
Some bounty managers will require you to make a new post every week hence a campaign having a duration of four (4) weeks means having four (4) posts for reports, one (1) per week.  
Others will require to just edit your proof of authentication post making it just one (1) post for the whole duration of the campaign.  
Lastly, I also encounter others that require you to make a new post every week and quoting your previous week/s.

Thanks a lot, these were great tips.

Join Weriz and be among the first people who participate in a project where profit is not only financial, but also social and personal.
MoneyTalksfrHK

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:17:06 AM

I think your question is a bit generic hence I will post here to address two concerns : (1) ranking up in this forum and (2) airdrops and bounty campaigns

Ranking Up

One member may find your post as "quality post" then will give you a merit while other members may just engage you with a discussion without giving any merit.  Hence, I would like to suggest that just make it a habit to post something substantial and always (yes, always) be mindful of the rules of the forum.  Prevent yourself to be part of the ignored list of the merit sources.

Start Small

Just start small.  You can start on the things that you know or your experiences that you want to share.  I know that being a newbie, it feels like we cannot contribute anything in the forum because we have just little knowledge compare to the veterans.  However, I think some members would like to hear your stories of success, failures, learning, and not learning, and the like.  You can also post topic that interests you, in that way you can provide good insights by using your passion on the subject as the motivation/fuel to make a good post.

You can start posting in the Beginners & Help category for you to ask questions and to be familiar with the forum.  It is advisable also that the target audience of your first posts are newbies (in relation with the previous point "Start Small").

Read. Read. Read
Try using the "search" bar if you want to learn certain topics.  It is really helpful (believe me).  By reading you will now the unspoken rules of the forum (what attitudes are frowned upon and what attitudes are highly encouraged).

Your Private Key is your way of accessing your wallet while your ETH address is used to receive coins.

Sample ETH Private Key : a96bc7487e7bd325e0a2dcf1a7adc9a04ecb2ada74cc49604aa2e95c3122e523

2. Bitcointalk Profile

When you want to see your profile by clicking the “profile” in the home tab, you will see this URL : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile.  

On the left corner you will see “summary” then click it.  You will get a URL like this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2171254;sa=summary.  
Remove the “;sa=summary” and the new URL (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2171254) is your bitcointalk profile URL;

or

b. Go to your profile then on the left corner click “show posts”, it will display your previous posts.  
Click one (1) to show your previous post with your bitcointalk username on the left side of the post.  
Click on your bitcointalk username and it will direct you to your profile.  The URL is your bitcointalk profile link.

3. ERC20 ETH Wallet

Bounty campaigns and airdrops mostly use ERC20 ETH wallet to distribute their tokens.  
Note that ERC20 ETH wallet is different from the ETH address that you can get from an exchange.

You need to take note the day of the week that you need to submit the result of your campaign!  
Failure to do so will make your effort be in vain,  the bounty manager will not credit what you did for the previous week.

This helps me to manage and sort out one campaign to another (to avoid mixing them up).

Aside from taking note on when to post your report, you also need to be mindful on the matter of how.  
Some bounty managers will require you to make a new post every week hence a campaign having a duration of four (4) weeks means having four (4) posts for reports, one (1) per week.  
Others will require to just edit your proof of authentication post making it just one (1) post for the whole duration of the campaign.  
Lastly, I also encounter others that require you to make a new post every week and quoting your previous week/s.

Exeus

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

Be patient, be calm, never give your emotion decide what you need to do and just get as much knowledge as you can about coin or bounty or airdrop that you want to attend, that will give you possibilities to earn something in future.
It`s good to be patient and not to be greedy as much as possible, because sometimes when you are really frustrating having so many problems in life won`t actually help you. Besides if you want to gain something you need to work hard and as what you have said never let your emotion decide from what you really want to do. Well you should always think about the bright side of what will happened in your life in the future.
kimsoncagampang

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 08:09:50 AM

Ranking Up

Start Small

Read. Read. Read

2. Bitcointalk Profile

or

3. ERC20 ETH Wallet

what do you mean in ERC20 ETH and ETH is different.
CathalG

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:12:58 AM

Hi! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to start with saying how helpful this place has been in getting me started in cryptocurrency.

I've only just started to scratch the surface of the crypto world and already I feel miles ahead of where i was only a week back.

I very recently just put my first few extra bucks into Bitcoin as a means of kicking things off and I was wondering if anyone who has been around for awhile had any wisdom they could share about perhaps something they wish they knew starting off or where they should have been focusing their efforts most.

The most important tip is to learn and study. That's the key to your success. And this forum is a good opportunity to receive some basic understanding in crypto.
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:02:00 AM

what do you mean in ERC20 ETH and ETH is different.

There are ETH wallets that do not support or are no ERC20 ETH wallet.  By using this kind of wallet that does not support ERC20, you will not be able to receive any tokens from airdrops or bounty campaigns.

nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:15:43 AM

Thanks a lot, these were great tips.

It is so encouraging that someone appreciates your post.  I hope that you will grow and learn more as you begin your journey in this forum.

Linylinlin992

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:11:36 AM

please help me, how to join bounty Blogging??
Start with quality, is good for beginner to increase their rank and improve their crypto knowledge.
Then you can participate on bounties available.
Higher your rank, more rewards you can get
how to get merit? for raise the rank
Rocketiy

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:27:11 AM

In the bitcointalk forum you can find many articles about cryptocurrency commentary, and here you can see many bounty missions and airdrops!
MsBeansXX000

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:38:02 AM

In the bitcointalk forum you can find many articles about cryptocurrency commentary, and here you can see many bounty missions and airdrops!
how to join in bounty?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: