Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs  (Read 52268 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

Wobbz,

Thanks for giving your input. I also have been communicating privately with him and he has informed me that he is also trying to get more information on this.

Although I did start laughing when I saw on CNN about a freight ship loosing over 500 shipping containers lol... had to start chuckling and say out loud there goes my openrigs rack. I know that isn't the case but had to throw some humor in lol.

Anyways it is pretty sad because I am now looking at other companies that are producing racks like this to have one made that I might actually receive. It just seems very strange how long this is taking.. I completely understand and know that Surface Mail can literally take forever but we are honestly almost to that point of forever where even for surface mail this is becoming quite a long wait.

If I hear anything I will let you know. I am going to look around and see if there is a list of ships that left cape town dock headed for ultimately the USA around the time of our shipments in January.

EDIT:

Fluffy could you please explain to me why it is that Wobbz order which was after mine - Order 743 shipped 3-4 days before mine? That seems to be quite screwed up? Neither of us has received our order but why would a newer order go out before a older order?

Josh

I would actually lol if it was in one of those containers:) By the way - I posted earlier about the SA -> Newark -> San Francisco trip, not sure if the post office would use the same trip but it's possible that it's going via somewhere. It's also possible that the package has been lost, in which case we will definitely claim and replace/refund.

To answer your second question - we hand them to customs in order, but after the black hole that is customs we don't have any control over it. We often get stuff from them completely out of order, and EMS parcels are checked by a different team (at the JIMC) than everything else, so that introduces even more randomness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:07:02 AM

Yes, these are real. A pic after initial build is below.

My thoughts on the order/delivery/build process:

1) Don't order the 4 GPU racks. I have limited space and cheap motherboards with only four slots ATM, but I figured there should be enough space based on the pictures to add 2 more cards down the road. Maybe, but it will be awfully tight with the PSU spacing. I'm thinking doubtful at this point. I should have kicked in the extra few dollars each to get 6 GPU racks. It is also very difficult to fit 2 PSU on a single rack due to the close proximity of the motherboard. I'm assuming this is not the case on a 6+. I'm seriously kicking myself about this. Stupid, stupid choice.

2) Check your motherboard sizes. The 3 ASRock boards I have all claim to be ATX. They are not standard ATX size (even though they are listed as such on newegg). I had to cut sheets of lexan and mount them to the racks, then mount the motherboards to the lexan. Not happy about having to do that, although it does look fine.

3) I paid for EMS. Ordered 12/30, customs 1/17, bag out 2/5, received 2/13. I knew it wasn't going to be quick, but at this point I'm just glad I didn't go with surface mail like I was planning on. I had no idea shipping was that slow via surface. The only inter-continental orders I've made have been from China, which as the knick-knack supplier to the world has products shipping constantly.

4) Waiting on more USB powered risers, but 30cm cables will only work for two or three cards per rack. I just ordered some 80cm units. I'll be buying 40cm cables to replace the 30cm cables I have, as they seem tight.

5) Take your time knocking these together. The instructions are good, but I made a few mistakes in my rush and it's annoying to find out after you start trying to mount hardware. Not hard to dismantle and correct, just frustrating.

6) I wish they had feet. The bottom of the legs are just open tubing. Would have been nice to have caps to put there.

I still have to add the final 2 GPU, mount the 10" monitor and WiFi AP, velcro tie down cabling and KVM, and mount the power buttons. Yes it's pretty ugly ATM, but once I get everything on it finished, it should look great. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase. If I had to do it over again, the only thing I would change was the decision to buy the 4 GPU model instead of the 6.

Yeah - it's the same reason we don't support dual motherboards on the 8 GPU setup, it's just too tight, and you're going to struggle reaching components. We may at some stage introduce an "upgrade" kit for those that need to increase their GPUs, as it's just the horizontal bars and no connectors. Will see how it goes.

Thos Asrock motherboards are weirdly sized, I have no clue how they get away with claiming it's ATX. It's like the bastard step-child of ATX and mATX;) If there is enough demand we may introduce an option for the non-ATX Asrock boards, will have to see how it goes.

Feet! We have end-caps, but they're rounded, and I personally don't like them as feet for that reason. I can send you a pack of 4 and you can try them out, maybe they work for you and we'll include them as an option in future.

bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:29:41 AM

I ordered in october 2013 and still am waiting
Got a so called track and trace which only shows send from  Capetown South Africa
And now Almost being March 2014 still no progress and nothing received
On my question where the package is, i get an answer THAT I SHOULD CONTACT our postage which ofcourse says thats IMPOSSIBLE
starts to smell enormous Fishy on this side, and i fear it ends in i never get the few alu pipes and my money vaporated
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:32:16 AM

I ordered in october 2013 and still am waiting
Got a so called track and trace which only shows send from  Capetown South Africa
And now Almost being March 2014 still no progress and nothing received
On my question where the package is, i get an answer THAT I SHOULD CONTACT our postage which ofcourse says thats IMPOSSIBLE
starts to smell enormous Fishy on this side, and i fear it ends in i never get the few alu pipes and my money vaporated

With all due respect, I very much doubt you ordered in October, we only allowed orders for a small number of HFT guys that I personally know until November 27th when we opened it up to the general public. If you could give me your order number or tracking number perhaps we can shed some light on the matter:)

bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:50:49 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 10:01:51 AM by bronan

My initial order number was 633 i checked it, payed at 11 november 2013

In december i had received a so called update that the package was send.

In januari i asked where my package was and what the track and trace info is from december
The woman answering me send me that for whatever excuses they had to make a new.

Now so many months later,  I get an answer to ask my local postage to find the package.
Its impossible to ask a local postage operator to find a package especially one they never heard of or does not exist in their system
And you people really know that it is impossible, the only one who can really find a package is the one sending.

Hell I can walk to South Africa and back faster then this so called postage company and i start to believe even that is a fake.
I really am getting angry, pissed and very aggressive.

Your lucky its far away
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 10:30:16 AM

I was one of the first orders which seems to have gone lost by you people

In december i had received a so called update that the package was send.
In januari i asked where my track and trace info is from december
The woman answering me send me that for whatever excuses they had to make a new.

Now so many months later i, get an answer to ask my local postage to find the package.
Its impossible to ask a local postage operator to find a package especially one they never heard of or does not exist in their system
And you people really know that it is impossible, the only one who can really find a package is the one sending.

Hell I can walk to South Africa and back faster then this so called postage company and i start to believe even that is a fake.
Am really am getting angry, pissed and very aggressive.

Your lucky its far away

Ah - I think I just figured out who you were (we only had two orders to the Netherlands on Bitcoin Black Friday weekend, and the one is confirmed as having been delivered).

I've looked through your ticket history, and I can't see anyone saying that we "had to make a new" anything? Your order was processed and shipped within our stipulated timelines:

28/11/2013 - order received, and went into processing and pre-fabrication
05/12/2013 - fabrication
19/12/2013 - handed to customs
30/12/2013 - tracking number received and order updated

That's much better than lately where customs have held on to parcels for 4 weeks (!!) before giving us tracking numbers.

You enquired directly with me (before the ticketing system was live) a number of times with regards to tracking your parcel - most recently on January 10th when I explained what the tracking statuses meant and when it had left the country. The support team's last communication with you was 35 days ago, where the only thing that was discussed was the actual transit method of surface mail.

So, logically speaking, there are one of 3 possibilities:

1. We have created an entire fake government department for the sole purpose of pretending to ship parcels. Somehow, miraculously, we are able to make these parcels track on sites like the Universal Postal Union's Global Track and Trace, or 17track.net, or one of any number of tracking sites.

2. We did send a parcel, but using the latest in GPS tracking and remote detonation we quietly destroyed the parcel when we were certain it left the country.

3. Your parcel has been lost en-route, which is a possibility we expressly talk about in our shipping notice - in which case we will claim from our insurance and refund you or replace the missing item.

Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:06:41 PM

Yeah - it's the same reason we don't support dual motherboards on the 8 GPU setup, it's just too tight, and you're going to struggle reaching components. We may at some stage introduce an "upgrade" kit for those that need to increase their GPUs, as it's just the horizontal bars and no connectors. Will see how it goes.

Thos Asrock motherboards are weirdly sized, I have no clue how they get away with claiming it's ATX. It's like the bastard step-child of ATX and mATX;) If there is enough demand we may introduce an option for the non-ATX Asrock boards, will have to see how it goes.

Feet! We have end-caps, but they're rounded, and I personally don't like them as feet for that reason. I can send you a pack of 4 and you can try them out, maybe they work for you and we'll include them as an option in future.

Yeah, I just went with the ASRock boards since they were cheap and had gotten good reviews from others (were meant to be hobby rigs with my son). Popular in the milk crate solution, perhaps because of their smaller size? I'm assuming that I'm not the only one with these boards so I thought I'd warn people to be prepared. It's not a difficult work around, just unexpected.

As far as upgrading to 6 GPU, I'd definitely be interested to see what you come up with. I had planned on just drilling the extra holes myself, so if all you did was sell additional slider/screw sets I'd be good too. With all the USB cable powered riser coming out now, I don't think reaching components will be a problem anymore. Just a question of PSU management. An option to mount the PSU's vertically side-by-side rather than on top of each other should give enough clearance/space. As it is, I may have enough space now, would likely have the riser PCB of the 6th GPU resting on the top PSU though.

And yes, would love to test some feet. When you're stacking these 3 or 4 high on the floor there's no issue, but when stacking 1 or 2 high on a table/desk then it's nice to have something to protect the furniture!
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 02:25:41 PM

Yeah, I just went with the ASRock boards since they were cheap and had gotten good reviews from others (were meant to be hobby rigs with my son). Popular in the milk crate solution, perhaps because of their smaller size? I'm assuming that I'm not the only one with these boards so I thought I'd warn people to be prepared. It's not a difficult work around, just unexpected.

As far as upgrading to 6 GPU, I'd definitely be interested to see what you come up with. I had planned on just drilling the extra holes myself, so if all you did was sell additional slider/screw sets I'd be good too. With all the USB cable powered riser coming out now, I don't think reaching components will be a problem anymore. Just a question of PSU management. An option to mount the PSU's vertically side-by-side rather than on top of each other should give enough clearance/space. As it is, I may have enough space now, would likely have the riser PCB of the 6th GPU resting on the top PSU though.

And yes, would love to test some feet. When you're stacking these 3 or 4 high on the floor there's no issue, but when stacking 1 or 2 high on a table/desk then it's nice to have something to protect the furniture!

Managed to find a set of 4 feet:

I'll send them to you and you can give them a spin - my biggest concern has been with the amount of weight that will be put on the curved edge, but maybe it'll work for you. You may want to file it down a bit so it doesn't leave an impression on your table.

bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:01:15 PM

I've re-updated your order so you receive your tracking number - if you haven't received it in the next few minutes please check your spam folder, as we've been having issues with our system emails being marked as spam:)

Warm Regards,

Donna
The OpenRigs Team

that is one of the emails posted at 09-01-2014

Its funny that our biggest and official postal provider has no clue about your tracking codes and said they can not see anything being send anywhere from the planet being forwarded to my address
Thats is all i know and can reply, even if it was send by ocean it would have arrived along time ago.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 03:05:02 PM

I've re-updated your order so you receive your tracking number - if you haven't received it in the next few minutes please check your spam folder, as we've been having issues with our system emails being marked as spam:)

Warm Regards,

Donna
The OpenRigs Team

Standard procedure when someone hasn't received their tracking number but it has been sent - especially given Gmail's propensity to mark system emails as spam.

If you've spoken to PostNL and they can confirm it hasn't arrived in country then please PM me or email me directly (ric@openrigs.com) and we can open an insurance claim tomorrow to sort it out.

ycsi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:08:54 PM

7 days ago I 've received response to my open ticket. In there you've sent the tracking number with the following note:

"NB: Please note that orders sent out via SAPO parcel services and EMS may take two or three days to reflect on the South African post office's tracking system - please be patient if their system indicates that the package cannot be found..."

Well, seven days later, the tracking system is not showing anything, and this is just another example how fluffy constantly underestimates lead time. I expect now another logical explanation why tacking is not active after "two or three days". Wouldn't be better (honest at least) to state that it may take two or three weeks?   Roll Eyes

It seems there is reoccurring theme here: the product may be good, but shipping logistics are ruining it.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

7 days ago I 've received response to my open ticket. In there you've sent the tracking number with the following note:

"NB: Please note that orders sent out via SAPO parcel services and EMS may take two or three days to reflect on the South African post office's tracking system - please be patient if their system indicates that the package cannot be found..."

Well, seven days later, the tracking system is not showing anything, and this is just another example how fluffy constantly underestimates lead time. I expect now another logical explanation why tacking is not active after "two or three days". Wouldn't be better (honest at least) to state that it may take two or three weeks?   Roll Eyes

It seems there is reoccurring theme here: the product may be good, but shipping logistics are ruining it.

100% - we are constantly and consistently being let down by crummy efforts on the side of the post office.

We are working on solutions to this, and expect to have a major change to our logistics chain within the next two or three weeks.

Your order should be tracking, though, I'll take a look tomorrow morning (it's 6:15pm here so everything's closed) and come back to you!

Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:13:14 AM

Managed to find a set of 4 feet:

I'll send them to you and you can give them a spin - my biggest concern has been with the amount of weight that will be put on the curved edge, but maybe it'll work for you. You may want to file it down a bit so it doesn't leave an impression on your table.

Very cool, thanks!
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:14:23 PM

1. We have created an entire fake government department for the sole purpose of pretending to ship parcels. Somehow, miraculously, we are able to make these parcels track on sites like the Universal Postal Union's Global Track and Trace, or 17track.net, or one of any number of tracking sites.

hahahahahaha, the Fluffy shadow regime!

This made me laugh.  Sorry for being such a douchenozzle this weekend.  You are a cool dude.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

hahahahahaha, the Fluffy shadow regime!

This made me laugh.  Sorry for being such a douchenozzle this weekend.  You are a cool dude.

Don't stress about it - I just imagined you in a scene from The Wolf of Wall Street, making it rain Bitcoins, alcohol flowing everywhere, posting on the forums, I could totally see it happening:)

Damnsammit

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:35:16 PM

Don't stress about it - I just imagined you in a scene from The Wolf of Wall Street, making it rain Bitcoins, alcohol flowing everywhere, posting on the forums, I could totally see it happening:)

That's pretty much exactly how the night went... unfortunately with less strippers, though Sad
ycsi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:12:39 PM

100% - we are constantly and consistently being let down by crummy efforts on the side of the post office.

We are working on solutions to this, and expect to have a major change to our logistics chain within the next two or three weeks.

Your order should be tracking, though, I'll take a look tomorrow morning (it's 6:15pm here so everything's closed) and come back to you!

Any update Fluffy?
micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:56:15 PM

my package taking so long to "deliver" that usps archived tracking information:

Tracking Number: CNxxxxxxxxxZA
pre-shipment
Requested label is archived.
Restore Archived Details ›

Damnsammit

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:02:29 PM

my package taking so long to "deliver" that usps archived tracking information:

Tracking Number: CNxxxxxxxxxZA
pre-shipment
Requested label is archived.
Restore Archived Details ›

Yeah, lol that happened to mine too.

Maybe we will get a St. Patty's Day present and it will come with a six-pack of Killians Irish Red? Grin
Datalore1

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:58:31 PM

Order # 726 - my tracking # is CN028931182ZA. Ordered 11/29, supposedly shipped pending customs on 12/19, bag out didn't occur until 1/21. No updates anywhere on any tracking, item still not received. Any ideas? This is really aggravating.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: