Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs  (Read 52269 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 03:21:24 PM

Well my order of november 2013 arrived
sadly in a damaged or opened box
Its absolute certain that the a side has been opened by customs or other subjects.
And it looks like some items either fell out or that i supposed to use 1 thumbscrew and 1 copper board spacer. to mount a mainboard and gpu's.
I have no idea what suppose to be in the box, but would not surprise me if more is missing
The problem is that you get a choice to either receive the box or let it go back, without seeing the state its in.
Another nice disappointment

Ah that sucks - don't stress, the spare brass standoff and thumbscrew is just that, a spare included for those that have odd motherboard mounts and need to reposition their motherboard.

Once you've used the assembly guide you'll be able to ascertain what is missing, if anything, and we can courier replacements to you:)

I need to get some time to build the rack but this far only busy with care of my lady being sick.
And lots of other tasks to complete. So far as i see the pictures in the thread it looks like something or someone had used considerable force
The tapped place for a "(thumb) screw which is not there" has been bent, and i see i am missing already the thumbscrews and/or brass standoffs

The whole top of the box was torn loose at 1 side, i need to check the list of parts to see if any of the pipes are missing.
But as i compared the pictures i think most of the pipes is present, so looks like someone needed some thumbscrews and standoffs for personal use.

Or the customs guys had the bright idea their might have been drugs in the thumbscrews Sad
As i can see on the pictures those screws should be mounted on the pipes, coming weekend going to check what is missing.

That's so retarded of them, sorry about that. Let me know what's damaged when your lady is better and you have time, and we'll courier replacements to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wobbzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:41:10 PM

Well, well, well, look what finally showed up. Looks like there might finally be some movement guys.

My black friday order finally came (east coast USA). The dates on the labels match up.

Fluffy, send me a PM and let me know what your plan is for getting this back to your distributor.  Smiley

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

Well, well, well, look what finally showed up. Looks like there might finally be some movement guys.

My black friday order finally came (east coast USA). The dates on the labels match up.

Fluffy, send me a PM and let me know what your plan is for getting this back to your distributor.  Smiley

I take it the splashes of water are from it's journey across the sea? :-P

I'll PM you on Monday once I've checked to see what arrangements we can make to get it from you, thanks for letting me know:)

wobbzz

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:56:52 PM

I take it the splashes of water are from it's journey across the sea? :-P

I'll PM you on Monday once I've checked to see what arrangements we can make to get it from you, thanks for letting me know:)

Haha yeah they said the boat capsized but this was the only package they could save. Sorry everyone. Smiley

Also wanted to provide an update on how I've repurposed/reconfigured my original 2x 6 GPU stackable frames to accommodate 50x gridseeds and a couple of GPUs. I'm thinking of ways to better optimize space on the bottom without having to buy more cables. I'm done buying cables. I'll likely switch over to some x11 coin for the summer with my remaining GPUs. Hope you don't mind my reconfigure fluffy. The original design just wasn't working for me and I needed a place to put these seeds  Tongue

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Haha yeah they said the boat capsized but this was the only package they could save. Sorry everyone. Smiley

Also wanted to provide an update on how I've repurposed/reconfigured my original 2x 6 GPU stackable frames to accommodate 50x gridseeds and a couple of GPUs. I'm thinking of ways to better optimize space on the bottom without having to buy more cables. I'm done buying cables. I'll likely switch over to some x11 coin for the summer with my remaining GPUs. Hope you don't mind my reconfigure fluffy. The original design just wasn't working for me and I needed a place to put these seeds  Tongue

Looks good - shout it you need some more bars for that top later of Gridseeds.

We've got a preliminary design for a Gridseeds rack, but it's tough without having them physically here - still waiting on some to arrive so I can confirm they'll fit. Might be too late for that market, but let's see.

wobbzz

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:12:56 PM

Looks good - shout it you need some more bars for that top later of Gridseeds.

We've got a preliminary design for a Gridseeds rack, but it's tough without having them physically here - still waiting on some to arrive so I can confirm they'll fit. Might be too late for that market, but let's see.

I was surprised with how well the spacing worked out for the bottom layer of seeds in three rows. I used Three of the shortest bars and 2 T's for each side. The seeds fit in perfectly.

For the top level I actually have one solid bar left. I just didn't have enough shorter side pieces. I could make some with a few of the spare smaller bars I have left. I ultimately just ended up using some 1/2" angle aluminum from the hardware store that I already purchased.

mindragon

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

<SNIP>
Your mission now is to either refund my money immediately or to deliver the product immediately. Barring that, we will not be "at an impasse" -- no...my mission in life will be to notify everyone on all forums and websites to never do business with you. Furthermore, I have the ability to contact people in your own home town and to serve you with court papers.

I tried to call you to have a chat, because I think this back-and-forth on the forum is leading to a lot of misunderstanding and is becoming very frustrating for both of us:) Let me know when you're available and I'll give you a call and we can chat.

@ Mindragon - You are not alone. If you are considering taking it to court, lets get together and maybe we can do this as group!

<SNIP>

As per our conversation, fluffypony will be refunding my money by April 1. I will report back to here either way that it goes.

MD

Well...After all this, it appears that the Post Office is now attempting to deliver. I see that it was out for delivery on Saturday but no one showed up here at my house.

I'll keep everyone posted once it does actually arrive.

MD
maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:55:06 PM

Guys,

I also got my package.

this was my order

Code:
3 x Vitalia Standalone GPU Frame
  - GPUs: 4 GPUs
  - Add-ons: Pre-Drilled Bolt Hol..
  - Add-ons: Nut and Bolt Set
  - Add-ons: Full Thumbscrew Set

Sub-Total: $258.00
International Insured Surface Mail
(customs/excise/tax may be applicable in the destination country): $87.71
Total: $345.71

But since I'm closing up shop. I was wondering if anybody is interested in buying this from me? Any reasonable price?
Payment with Paypal is accepted. Delivery will be via DHL. so it won't take months to arrive Wink

PM me please

kind regards,

Max
guitar82

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:53:54 AM

I got my package on Friday as well. It still doesn't show up as being in the US on any of the tracking sites. I ordered black friday and it was on the boat Jan 10th. Thanks again!
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:54:58 AM

I got my package on Friday as well. I ordered black friday and it was on the boat Jan 10th. Thanks again!

Thanks for being patient:)

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:44:49 AM

Well...After all this, it appears that the Post Office is now attempting to deliver. I see that it was out for delivery on Saturday but no one showed up here at my house.

MD

Mine came in while i was away too..  Order #821 has been received!   Smiley

I felt like i let the situation get the best of me in my last post and i have redacted my post & I have also offered fluffypony an apology via pm... outside of the shipping time the quality and construction was great! With the help of the manual, setup was also breeze.

The packaging was really good too, tho there was a hole in the box, nothing was missing!!.. Its rather important it all gets here in one piece so the extra effort with endless bubble wrap was great!  

I think im selling my gpu farm so my enjoyment maybe limited but... I made a small mod last night but as mentioned i found the build and construction quality to be great. The one gripe i had fluffy offered to alleviate! Thanks! I appreciate the gesture alot fluffypony!

Here are some pics of my unboxing and prep ..

Rainheart Rhino Black Openrigs Frame Ftw!!  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
boogie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:28:45 AM

4gpu arianna
how ironic that on the very day(after waiting 4 months for order 710 made on black friday)I bother to post on the 'is this a scam' thread, the rig arrives.
FFS you couldn't make it up.
id like to say I was particularly happy but I am not.
im not pissed off either..
kind of feeling nonchalant now.
this postage debacle has totally taken out any wind I might have had left in my sails.

oh well we live and learn.

the packaging was awesome.
there'll be no broken bits arriving anywhere I imagine..
BUT BUT but the rig feels unfinished to me ( can anyone say "de-burring"?! FFS are you kidding me with these chamfers mate!?).there are no instructions and the website also doesn't have any:
PISS POOR MATE!
I hear comments about this customer being offered this adjustment and the other being offered this motherboard plate or these extras but ive been offered fuck all.

I can categorically state i believe this company is NOT A SCAM.
but i can also say they made some BIIIIIIG fucking booboos regarding postage.

RIC- give those of us who waited so very very long for our kits the extras you have now implemented to the new designs.
this can only do your reputation good.
three months wait plus is a good starting point!

in a personal note to ric i think youre a decent bloke and the way you keep your cool in the face of such (understandable)belligerence is astounding to me(i have no patience).but Sophocles said the keenest sorrow is realizing we are the creators of our own sorrows.in other words more initial research (and frankly, releasing a more polished product) into things like delivery would have saved you a shit tonne of work now.

so to conclude.
happy with the parcel protection.. really well wrapped
not happy how long i waited.
not happy ive not been offered the upgrades (without having to ask) that are now standard in the newer kits.(as i say you need to look into this and make it happen for oldest customers as a matter of course).
not happy with the amount of time to reply to and the overall amount of missed/unanswered messages.
not happy with the finish of the rig.these early (beta) models were obviously rushed out and little stupid things i would never let pass QC got through.. for instance the sharp and dangerous chamfers left over every single end cut on every single piece.shocking.
not happy with the lack of instructions.and how ironic (and super fucking annoying) that on the one piece of paper (a cover letter from ric) actually in the box, the address for the website to find the instructions on is incorrect or not working.(SORT IT OUT!)
im sure i can put it together myself without instructions but that is not the point.
the point is after waiting four months for a product i had such very high expectations for, i am left completely underwhelmed by the experience as a whole, and by the lack of finish in the produce i waited so long for..
2p
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:51:15 AM

4gpu arianna
how ironic that on the very day(after waiting 4 months for order 710 made on black friday)I bother to post on the 'is this a scam' thread, the rig arrives.
FFS you couldn't make it up.
id like to say I was particularly happy but I am not.
im not pissed off either..
kind of feeling nonchalant now.
this postage debacle has totally taken out any wind I might have had left in my sails.

oh well we live and learn.

the packaging was awesome.
there'll be no broken bits arriving anywhere I imagine..
BUT BUT but the rig feels unfinished to me ( can anyone say "de-burring"?! FFS are you kidding me with these chamfers mate!?).there are no instructions and the website also doesn't have any:
PISS POOR MATE!
I hear comments about this customer being offered this adjustment and the other being offered this motherboard plate or these extras but ive been offered fuck all.

I can categorically state i believe this company is NOT A SCAM.
but i can also say they made some BIIIIIIG fucking booboos regarding postage.

RIC- give those of us who waited so very very long for our kits the extras you have now implemented to the new designs.
this can only do your reputation good.
three months wait plus is a good starting point!

in a personal note to ric i think youre a decent bloke and the way you keep your cool in the face of such (understandable)belligerence is astounding to me(i have no patience).but Sophocles said the keenest sorrow is realizing we are the creators of our own sorrows.in other words more initial research (and frankly, releasing a more polished product) into things like delivery would have saved you a shit tonne of work now.

so to conclude.
happy with the parcel protection.. really well wrapped
not happy how long i waited.
not happy ive not been offered the upgrades (without having to ask) that are now standard in the newer kits.(as i say you need to look into this and make it happen for oldest customers as a matter of course).
not happy with the amount of time to reply to and the overall amount of missed/unanswered messages.
not happy with the finish of the rig.these early (beta) models were obviously rushed out and little stupid things i would never let pass QC got through.. for instance the sharp and dangerous chamfers left over every single end cut on every single piece.shocking.
not happy with the lack of instructions.and how ironic (and super fucking annoying) that on the one piece of paper (a cover letter from ric) actually in the box, the address for the website to find the instructions on is incorrect or not working.(SORT IT OUT!)
im sure i can put it together myself without instructions but that is not the point.
the point is after waiting four months for a product i had such very high expectations for, i am left completely underwhelmed by the experience as a whole, and by the lack of finish in the produce i waited so long for..
2p

Glad you got it:) I fully agree - surface mail has been a useless shipping method. We have customers that ordered a second time with EMS or Aramex and have received that parcel well before their surface mail one has arrived. Lesson learnt, we aren't offering it anymore.

We haven't been offering any extras, that I know of? There is a marked difference between the Variant A kit and our current Variant C, but that's mostly to fix a few small issues with the bar length separating the GPU bar from the GPU clips as well as the left-most motherboard brass standoff that appears to have been consistently off by a few mm on our initial kit. These can be done on an existing Variant A unit by just re-drilling that left most hole and by filing those two errant bars down by a couple of mm. There are no differences in the actual design:) Also, as it says on the instructions: "The "we dun' goofed" clause: if, during the course of assembly, you find that we have made a major mistake that you can't fix (or would prefer not to), please get hold of us and we will see what we can do to assist you or to send replacement parts!" Once you've put it together see if you have a Variant A or Variant B (I suspect/hope you have a Variant B), and if it's an A then let us know if there are any parts you need replaced.

In terms of the sharp chamfers - we initially cut with a single blade and purposely left a bit of burring as it gives the extrusion a bit of extra "grip" on to the connector. Whilst this is great, and makes it easy to slide on but keeps it solid, we took a decision two weeks ago to move to water-cooled dual-head saws that will cut cleanly. The edges will still be sharp (maybe even sharper) but will be a lot cleaner, so we have a new extrusion mould that will leave the wall a little thicker to give it some extra grip. The sharp edges are never exposed, though, so they shouldn't present a long-term hazard.

On to instructions...I thought I'd fixed the Arianna instructions yesterday, looks like the controller is still showing the maintenance message for that route. No clue why, busy fixing it now. In the meantime, the instructions for the Arianna and the Giorgina are working 100%, so you can use those as reference.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:52:59 AM

Mine came in while i was away too..  Order #821 has been received!   Smiley

I felt like i let the situation get the best of me in my last post and i have redacted my post & I have also offered fluffypony an apology via pm... outside of the shipping time the quality and construction was great! With the help of the manual, setup was also breeze.

The packaging was really good too, tho there was a hole in the box, nothing was missing!!.. Its rather important it all gets here in one piece so the extra effort with endless bubble wrap was great!  

I think im selling my gpu farm so my enjoyment maybe limited but... I made a small mod last night but as mentioned i found the build and construction quality to be great. The one gripe i had fluffy offered to alleviate! Thanks! I appreciate the gesture alot fluffypony!

Here are some pics of my unboxing and prep ..

Rainheart Rhino Black Openrigs Frame Ftw!!  Wink

I love it - did you just spray it? We've got a powder coated option we're looking at, but the powder coat samples chip too easily. We're also looking at anodised black, although I prefer the matt look of the powder coating.

boogie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:40:58 PM

This page is currently in maintenance mode, please try again later.
STILL!
arianna.tested 13.39BST
sort it out ric..
want to get rig setup
cheers!
Smiley
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:58:14 PM

This page is currently in maintenance mode, please try again later.
STILL!
arianna.tested 13.39BST
sort it out ric..
want to get rig setup
cheers!
Smiley

Fixed! Sorry about that, it was something I did on the templating side a while back that seems to have hung around:)

New assembly instructions with some 3D rendered intermediary steps (that can't easily be photographed) are coming, as well as instructions to use your frame in vertical mode...did I mention that every OpenRigs frame can do vertical mode out the box without any additional equipment needed? Crummy photography ahead:

Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

Well apparently mine tried to come in yesterday, so I am about to run up to the post office and get it.

This was my order:

Vitalia Standalone GPU Frame
  - GPUs: 4 GPUs    OR-STL-VIT    1    $60.00    $60.00    Return
   Sub-Total:    $60.00    
   International Insured Surface Mail
(customs/excise/tax may be applicable in the destination country):    $25.98    
   Total:    $85.98

I'll sell it to someone for $50, shipping included.

Don't even feel like opening it.  Let me know if you are interested.
mindragon

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

MD

It actually arrived a couple of days ago (finally).

Thanks fluffy for being responsive even though this was a crazy situation.

Regards,

MD
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:26:12 PM

MD

It actually arrived a couple of days ago (finally).

Thanks fluffy for being responsive even though this was a crazy situation.

Regards,

MD

Thanks for the update:)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: