Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:27:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Visualizing the Bitcoin ETF from Gold ETF history  (Read 310 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:03:52 PM

Gold ETFs allowed paper gold to rise thus massively diluting the value of the real stuff. I hope the same doesn't happen to BTC but no doubt someone's going to try.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nasibaha20012

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:13:15 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 04:44:54 PM by nasibaha20012

infographic is not thought out well

firstly. golds preETF ATH was $24k  ATL 10k    post ETF ATH $60k  (rounded)
pre-ATH to post-ATH = 225%
ATL to post-ATH =600%

so lets take bitcoins $20k ATH X225% =$45k next ATH... not $62k
so lets use bitcoins $7500.. x 600% = $45k... not 62k

so just based on numbers.. the estimates should be for  bitcoin ~$45k not $62k.. math is simple

then what needs to be taken into account is that gold had a gold rush of "gold for cash" retailers/services.. which pushed prices. unless bitcoin is going to have loads of ATM's  of taking in bitcoin to then publish an increase in 'spot' price..  you wont see the same inpact.
gold has a more complicated multilayer mechanism of what impacts golds prices.. but unless bitcoin had th same access and more aggressive middlemen control of the spread to push the price up.. we wont see the same pattern

the info graphic did not convey any understanding on the aspects of what caused golds surge post 2003
and yet the info graphic STUPIDLY over hyped the impact of an ETF on bitcoin to somthing far more than ETF affect on gold

You "may" be right. You "may" be wrong. The creator is definitely expecting it and I hope it will be.

I think the infographic does not care about your perfect calculation. TA was never correct in bitcoin. All Technical Analysis (Including your perfect math) failed to foretell. One thing I will tell u is that:

EFT is not even announced nor it can be approved or not nobody knows. Do you? But the BTC price is pumping. The infographic is not showing from what bitcoin price the ETF will start. It could be $9k or 14k. Gold started from $10.8k  in years. Bitcoin reached that ATH is split of months. As per this infographic, the ETF should start from $13.7k. Look and pay close attention to the ETF line where the creator is captioning attention to. He is f## too cool to be that optimistic.

Anyway, great job to the creator and his passion for Crypto. I will congratulate you later if we reach $62+k. If not, no worries, we will cross it anyhow.

Keep it up What's on Crypto!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

You "may" be right. You "may" be wrong. The creator is definitely expecting it and I hope it will be.

I think the infographic does not care about your perfect calculation. TA was never correct in bitcoin. All Technical Analysis (Including your perfect math) failed to foretell. One thing I will tell u is that:

EFT is not even announced nor it can be approved or not nobody knows. Do you? But the BTC price is pumping. The infographic is not showing from what bitcoin price the ETF will start. It could be $9k or 14k. Gold started from $10.8k  in years. Bitcoin reached that ATH is split of months. As per this infographic, the ETF should start from $13.7k. Look and pay close attention to the ETF line where the creator is captioning attention to. He is f## too cool to be that optimistic.

Anyway, great job to the creator and his passion for Crypto. I will congratulate you later if we reach $62+k. If not, no worries, we will cross it anyhow.

the creator was doing a comparison.. he even pointed out numbers and points of interest.. he used those points to then point to some prediction point..

if you are to say that the info graphic should just have a random squiggle and then have some random number of no bases at all.. guess what.. its then not a "infographic"

so i was just pointing out the point the infographic was trying to make was not making a point. because it missed the point by not using the points.

whats the point in making a point using points if its then pointed out that those points dont infact reach the same point.. do you see my point.

emphasis on point

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:17:37 PM

This doesn't make much sense if  dates aren't included. Or am I the only one not seeing dates?

I wanted to see if Gold got the ETF before or after it got Futures. I guess that will determine how well Bitcoin would do.
nasibaha20012

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:53:47 AM

This doesn't make much sense if  dates aren't included. Or am I the only one not seeing dates?

I wanted to see if Gold got the ETF before or after it got Futures. I guess that will determine how well Bitcoin would do.

This infographic is all about showing the pattern of Gold Chart and Bitcoin Chart - visualizing the rest bitcoin chart from Gold. In other words, to show you what "might" happen. It would be stupid for a creator if he includes dates. The creator is just showing the possibility of bitcoin behaving similarly to gold as both pattern are similarly moving. if you got inspired of something from his work and If you want more, do your own research.
nasibaha20012

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:00:37 AM

the creator was doing a comparison.. he even pointed out numbers and points of interest.. he used those points to then point to some prediction point..

if you are to say that the info graphic should just have a random squiggle and then have some random number of no bases at all.. guess what.. its then not a "infographic"

so i was just pointing out the point the infographic was trying to make was not making a point. because it missed the point by not using the points.

whats the point in making a point using points if its then pointed out that those points dont infact reach the same point.. do you see my point.

emphasis on point

Mate, if you want to collaborate, why don't you contact the creator and work with him to improve his work and teach him a lesson if you think there are a bunch of things needs to be done or corrected. Surely he would appreciate your work too. Calling someone's work "stupid" who is on the stage of improving is simply that you are stupid. Grasping what point I am pointing here? Pointless pointing your point of thing words here. Looks like you are BCH fan. Get out of here if so. (sorry if rude)
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:09:23 AM

Visualizing the Bitcoin ETF from Gold ETF history.

The infographic compares GOLD ETF with Bitcoin ETF (if approved) and how ETF could impact Bitcoin. It is clear to see that there should be some pump if ETF is approved as looking at the GOLD chart history, after ETF it just skyrocketed.

Also, would appreciate if you support us and retweet this infographic from twitter

https://twitter.com/wo_crypto/status/1020186956637057024

Credit: https://t.me/whatsoncrypto

But how if ETF canceled ? do people will lose interest and bitcoin go to no value ?
I'm not sure with any crypto prediction on internet, most of them are true on theory, but the fact is different on the future
Leo Barnes

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:35:00 AM

Visualizing the Bitcoin ETF from Gold ETF history.

The infographic compares GOLD ETF with Bitcoin ETF (if approved) and how ETF could impact Bitcoin. It is clear to see that there should be some pump if ETF is approved as looking at the GOLD chart history, after ETF it just skyrocketed.

Also, would appreciate if you support us and retweet this infographic from twitter

https://twitter.com/wo_crypto/status/1020186956637057024

Credit: https://t.me/whatsoncrypto

https://whatsoncrypto.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Gold-and-Bitcoin-ETF-2.jpg

Gold and bitcoin are not the same nor similar. Gold is a physical mineral while bitcoin is digital, this means that the digital gold being traded is backed up by the physical gold. Bitcoin is not the same hence we cannot be certain that during the approval of bitcoin etf, bitcoin will really increase in value. But I guess we dont need to worry since bitcoin is already starting to move up and it will eventually hit 10k dollars by the end of July, 2018.
It is very clear that ETF has a great impact on bitcoin trading similar to the gold chart  shows that after ETF apply the price start to pump
bankscrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:03:47 AM

ETF is a really overused and popular term in finance. ETF trades like a common stock on a stock exchange  and has proved to be very profitable for its investors. BTC ETF can be the next big thing if it can serve its purpose and live up to our expectations.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:54:25 PM

I believe that the news about the possible approval of SEC Bitcoin ETF was the most positive news of this year, and the fact that Bitcoin ETF can be approved inspires the idea that we can see this year the rapid growth of Bitcoin and the conquest of new price records starting from the end of September.
https://www.coindesk.com/sec-delays-decision-on-direxions-bitcoin-etfs-until-september/
Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:34:31 AM

I was always afraid of such comparisons, because they never coincide with reality. and it means you don't have to take them seriously
pumbum

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:38:43 PM

I have always perceived the entrance of big money as dangerous in terms of the predictability of the market. Because their entry requires very complex manipulations and combinations of deception, which is fraught with a sudden decline in the course or growth when no one expects it. Until that moment, until it happened, I think you can buy with less risk. Once this happens , you will need to have more knowledge and experience to trade this instrument, or remain a long-term Bitcoin holder
nasibaha20012

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:36:09 AM

I have always perceived the entrance of big money as dangerous in terms of the predictability of the market. Because their entry requires very complex manipulations and combinations of deception, which is fraught with a sudden decline in the course or growth when no one expects it. Until that moment, until it happened, I think you can buy with less risk. Once this happens , you will need to have more knowledge and experience to trade this instrument, or remain a long-term Bitcoin holder

Totally agree with you. It makes sense. But that's the reason they open such ETF and other shits just to manipulate before institutional money gets in.
Winifred2609

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Just based on the numbers then what should be taken into account is that gold has a gold rush of retailers / services "gold for cash" has pushed the price. You will not see the same thing but unless the bitcoin has the same level of access and more aggressive control of the spread to push the prices up .. information graphics do not convey any understanding of the aspects. The edge of what caused gold to spike in 2003. While bitcoin and gold have many similarities, one thing that separates them is the numbers. The value of all the gold that has ever been exploited exceeds $ 8 trillion. In the coming months, bitcoin futures and options are expected to launch on regulated exchanges, opening up to the bitcoin market for other organizations and investors that previously could not participate. . If that happens, some money that would otherwise be input gold ETFs instead of can top ETF for bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: