Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn from your mistakes  (Read 4057 times)
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:06:52 PM

Yes learning from the mistakes is very important because no one is successful without error, I learned a lot from my mistake when trading my token by selling it at cheap price, I have to learn to be patient and must be smart to analyze the price of altcoins movement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zakord

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:15:00 PM

It's really normal to have a mistake but if that would happen again and again, it is not good! Here in Crypto you are prone with MISTAKES! sometimes you thought that it is the best way to do, but you end up losing! Like in Investment on your first try you invest all your money then eventually the project fails, so you lose your money without any income received, so better next time to think twice or a hundred times before you proceed in a decision that would really benefited you in the future. Learn from it
TravelMug

Activity: 2604
Merit: 832

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I eventually transferred it, waited for hour, but found nothing.
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
I admitted i had made the mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.
This mistake i have made up my mind to never repeat again.

I AM SHARING THIS FOR YOU TO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND FROM YOURS.

Thanks for your audience.

Thanks for the share. I was not aware of what you have describe. Maybe I was not a XLM guy so I'm not familiar with what you describe. Its really a hard and expensive lessons to learn. At least you have admitted to your mistakes that you should include Memo and I'm under the impression that everything was lost already. I myself had mistakes in the past. Didn't check the address that I was supposed to transfer to. Now I always double or triple check before sending out. I hope that community has learn from your mistakes and doesn't repeat it again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
boss82_big

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:22:35 PM

The main rule is that you need to learn from someone else's mistakes, but this does not always work out so you need to lose money yourself and only then will the lesson be learned, I also had a lot of falls in this market, but I did not drop my hands and traded further.
Glad108

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:24:19 PM

Yea. Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. Such mistakes are sometimes common anyway especially when you have been doing that same thing repeatedly in the past. You may not easily observe a difference in it. But I hope every other person learn from this. I have never transacted on XLM before, but I will be careful whenever I get there.
NereuFajardo

Activity: 152
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:27:31 PM

It is always good to learn from them, but you need to understand that sometimes it is unlikely going to happen because the human body is always doing exactly the same (only that with some modifications on the actuality) so it is always the same
Ini35

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:30:43 PM

This is a big lesson to everyone of us. It is rear for you to find someone who makes a mistake and comes here to share it with those on this forum to benefit from. This will surely be helpful. It reminds me of my first mistake on exchange, where is mistakenly placed a higher buy price than what the seller for a coin asked for. It was really painful, but i learn my lessons to be very careful and not to make such and other mistakes that can be avoided.
RichardBTC

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:32:02 PM

I shoulda sold some coins when they were at all time highs and then bought back at the massive discounted dips. Now i am a hodler haha

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:33:57 PM

Thank you for sharing. Just curious whether the exchange indicate that you have to write the memo in withdrawal page?

I made a similar mistake but much cheaper than yours. I withdraw Neo from an exchange and forgot that it has to be sent in whole number. The withdrawal went through and I lost around 0.6 Neo.
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:38:46 PM

You are absolutely right man . I agree with you completely. Every mistake include a step for your development.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 06:48:07 PM

Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.

The best thing about making mistakes is you will learned from it. In crypto mistakes is inevitable especially for newbies. I have my shares of mistakes regarding exchanges. I transferred some tokens in Hitbtc not knowing less 100 tokens are not tradable. And I wasn't aware of it and now I will not do the same mistakes again.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1655

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:18:24 PM

I was bothered.

The best thing about making mistakes is you will learned from it. In crypto mistakes is inevitable especially for newbies. I have my shares of mistakes regarding exchanges. I transferred some tokens in Hitbtc not knowing less 100 tokens are not tradable. And I wasn't aware of it and now I will not do the same mistakes again.

Since you mentioned Hitbtc, I also did some mistakes on that trading platform myself. I guess everyone here has made mistakes during their journey on crypto trading, but its how we manage to go over that humps and totally forgot that mistakes and learn from it. At least the OP has good intentions so that those newbies would be careful on dealing with that coins. That's why this community is built, to share our journey even that small mistakes of ours so that together we can learn from them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
swati123
Copper Member

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 07:36:44 PM

We should  learn from our mistakes.  Mistake gives us experience of that situation . Specially in Crypto world we need to be very very careful. If we will not learn from our mistake and repeat it again we will fall into a big trouble which is not good for anyone. So better learn from your or other people mistake.

kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:45:28 PM

I just now wanted to trade the coin XLM.Thank you for reporting your mistake to others.It's rare.Mostly about their mistakes strive to conceal.
mercy02

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:48:31 PM

It is a pity that in the world today many people can learn from other people's mistakes. I'm one of them. When I started investing, I lost about many amount of money. In the foreground, I am very attentive and careful with investments. The main thing is not to give up and make useful out of mistakes.
SunJAB

Activity: 406

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:49:24 PM

I was bothered.

The mistake in the cryptocurrency market is what happens frequently and many people are unable to get over and abandon the cryptocurrency market. It is important if you want to pursue this market which is a long term vision of the future of cryptocurrency and the coin you have invested. Draw lessons from failures and stand up stronger.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
bombie1

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 09:52:31 PM

Mistakes are very important to help us to be able to grow irrespective of the industry we find ourselves in.Without painful mistakes and the corresponding learning experience from them, we cannot make any progress as humans.Mistakes are very important for our growth.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:57:13 PM

The human history is full of illogical mistakes and we should learn from them: yet we are our greatest teachers in this area. We have got two options: learn it by seeing how others made a mistake or how we made the mistake and most of the time our stupidity, clumsiness or arrogance teach us better than anyone in the world would be possible to do so. Mistakes take our heads down from the clouds that we might be living in back to the ground and they give us an opportunity to make an actual progress: don't think people are successful at their first shot. Before every success, there were many unsuccessful ways that showed us how to not do it to find the one, our goal.  Bad address, no MEMO, falling for scams: anything can happen when we are not paying attention due to other more important real-life problems. The only relevant question is: can we take a lesson from it?

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 10:17:28 PM

This is quiet inspiring. Learning is in phases. You can't skip phase 1 for 2 neither you skip phase 2 for 5. It all requires adequate knowledge and patience.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:18:11 PM

Mistakes sometimes are inevitable. I think one of the most challenging part of cryptocurrency is trading, which means if care is not taken, mistakes can be made. Even in the simplest part of crypto we still make mistakes. Mistakes are meant to mame us better, if we learn through them. It is good to see that you learnt through your mistakes. Thanks for sharing this as a lesson even to everyone of us.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: