Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account security features for the future.  (Read 148 times)
Handsome Boy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:11:07 PM

before I start this topic I apologize if I am wrong with my opinion, but as we know every day there is bitcointalk account hacked by someone and here I am confused why bitcointalk does not make special security, such as:

1. every change of password and email, there is always a link sent in our email for us verification.
2. use the Two-Factor Authentication feature, I think it's a great feature to make our account more secure.
3. connect with the phone number, every time we login there is a code sent on our phone number, so I think no one can enter with our account before he can hack the phone number we have.

this is my suggestion to make our account more secure from hackers, because I see every day there is discussion about account hacked, hope this can help us and once again i apologize if i am wrong.

thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:06:14 PM

...once again i apologize if i am wrong.

You are not entirely wrong and you have absolute reasons to talk about this sine today or tomorrow anything can happen with your account too (mine included, also whoever is going to read this). We have talked about this several 100 (+/- a reasonable number) times and yet no solutions. Perhaps they (admin/s) are working on the solution or there are other priorities to be done. We (I - to be precise) really do not have any clue.

I am totally agree with 1 & 2 however number 3 is a no no. The goal is to have our rights to be anonymous. Perhaps for this reason we don't even need to use an activation email at the time of registration.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Handsome Boy (OP)
Copper Member

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:19:00 AM

...once again i apologize if i am wrong.

Perhaps they (admin/s) are working on the solution or there are other priorities to be done

yes I agree with you, because I believe the admin does the best for this forum, even now this forum is the best forum for bitcoin and altcoin forums.
dekabrin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:11:26 AM

Somewhere I read that new forum is being developed. May be they will implement these features there but there is no recent update about that.
Cryptosandy1987

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:32:25 AM

In my opinion, Security of the member's account should have the main priority. At least one of the above solution should be implemented as soon as possible on a priority basis.

Netscouters.com ⌁[ Decentralized football investments
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––  and funding Eco-System ]⌁
Handsome Boy (OP)
Copper Member

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:01:24 PM

Somewhere I read that new forum is being developed. May be they will implement these features there but there is no recent update about that.

that's true ? can you give me the link about new forum, so i can read about it too.
Handsome Boy (OP)
Copper Member

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:05:26 PM

In my opinion, Security of the member's account should have the main priority. At least one of the above solution should be implemented as soon as possible on a priority basis.

I agree with you and I hope it can happen so that our account can be safe, because I see every time have account get hack.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 11:30:03 PM

that's true ? can you give me the link about new forum, so i can read about it too.
Here is the whole forum section dedicated to discussions about new forum software:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0
We already waiting several years for release of Epochtalk and I think it wont be released in near future. Currently we don't have security features like 2fa on Bitcointalk. Main measures how to protect our accounts now - use 2FA on email, strong and unique passwords and offcourse - avoid phishing websites.

Handsome Boy (OP)
Copper Member

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:41:05 AM

Here is the whole forum section dedicated to discussions about new forum software:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0
We already waiting several years for release of Epochtalk and I think it wont be released in near future. Currently we don't have security features like 2fa on Bitcointalk. Main measures how to protect our accounts now - use 2FA on email, strong and unique passwords and offcourse - avoid phishing websites.

oke, thanks for your information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: