Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2018, 08:38:44 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 1891 times)
_w_b_t_

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:07:43 AM

There are versions that some government directly participated in the creation and promotion of Bitcoin. To kill a cryptocurrency is a ridiculous idea, any government understands this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:13:45 AM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.
i think opposite, its even easier to track the transaction based on blockhain technology, Only foolish who use blockchain to laudry their money , cause eventually they will get caught cause there is a record that will never be able to delete. Goverment not trying to kill bitcoin but i think they are think how to make this usefull and how to make transaction using bitcoin legal.

jojowar

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:16:30 AM

For me, the government didn't want to kill bitcoin but they make some study on how to regulate and how to make some revenue or taxes out of it.

▬▬[ ENKIDU ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬
▌ THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬ POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:24:37 AM

Many governments are afraid of bitcoin because it can threaten the use of fiat, and if bitcoin is more popular and widely used it becomes an economic threat because the government has no power to control.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Caraphernalia

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:24:43 AM

For me, government see bitcoin as a threat to the country's economy. They see bitcoin as an illegal currency and this is not good for them. And also bitcoin is unstable so this makes the government to have fear.
doolittle

Activity: 300
Merit: 100

WeiDex - TURN YOUR WEI INTO ETHERS

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:41:24 AM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.

Thank You.

Yes, you have correctly said everything, but there are also other reasons. For example, such as money should be under the control of the state, and make a profit. A bitcoin profit brings only those who extract it, i.e. miners. And the state is not interested.

rawr1620

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:45:16 AM

You already stated the reasons of the fact why governments or the banks doesn want bitcoin. The truth is others still dont know how to use bitcoin efficiently they subject to the fact that it is a decentralized currency only.
DewiKirana

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

This reasoning makes sense if the government wants to kill bitcoin, but for now the government still fails to kill bitcoin. The factor of the government's failure is that it cannot control the circulation of bitcoin, so the government can only limit the movement of bitcoin users.

AllenTurner

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

Government doesn't wants to kill bitcoin government just want to take the control of bit coin in its hand and wants to run it with their own rules.
walemil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:44:14 PM

Government may not want cryptocurrency to have its way due to selfish interest. Government seems to have seen the fiat currency as the means of fulfilling its selfish financial motives against the wish of the people. Financial crime such as money laundry and terrorism financing are also common with fiat currencies.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Dontme

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Malachi 3:10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

Thank You.
The main is that because our government needs to upgrade everything that is related to bitcoin especially internet and technologies where they need to place funds for it that our government cannot do it so easily.

pasti kaya

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:50:19 PM

maybe the government has a strong reason to kill bitcoin, but for me bitcoin is currently fine. what they want to do, I don't want to interfere.
ys fs

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:58:00 PM

probably will have a big impact on the world economy according to the government, and therefore the possibility of governments wanting to kill bitcoin... Sad
kauban2018

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:27:40 PM

The government wants to kill Bitcoin it is because they consider Bitcoin as a threat to them. They find Bitcoin as a business in where they can't receive any payments from people who are joining this campaign. They want to stop Bitcoin and look for another business that can really receive and gain lot of money without knowing that Bitcoin help lots of people in where people is the government of each country.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
churmerpe9

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:15:53 PM

Mainly because they want to control this as well but are unable to.
goldkingcoiner

Activity: 98
Merit: 47

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:22:10 PM

Because any cryptocurrency as well as Bitcoin poses a huge risk to the Bankers. Its basically a money war for who gets what. But thats the way things have always been. All we can do is push crypto and hope for the best.

kalashnikovski

JOIN TIME MONEY!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

Were accidents when  could looking system transaction.  If to have regulation  we can to have total control. The decision will can to change  opinion government

▮▮█ # Time Money Website PRE ICO WHITELIST ICO █▮▮
#Whitepaper#OnePager#Video
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰[ url=https://twitter.com/tmoneyio]Twitter[/url]❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
xuzukami

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:53:50 AM

In my opinion, not the government wants to kill bitcoin, the term "kill" is interpreted as meaningless. The government wants to ban BITCOIN due to lack of information on how to adjust / control this electronic currency.
But in the future BITCOIN will be accepted as one of the reliable digital currency if Bitcoin has more specific regulations, guarantee the common interests of everyone and put under management of the government, then I think it will change in the minds of politicians. Undecided Undecided
princeyeboah

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

Governments are just not too comfortable with Bitcoin because they believe it is used to fund terrorism, involve in money laundering and excludes tax payment. Well, i believe the governments have ulterior motive behind this because of the decentralized nature of Bitcoin which takes the power back to the people.

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
⋄❖⋄ Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram
tipoglobal
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:00:36 AM

I think that it's the elucidation of blockchain. It causes bad harm to the politicians
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.