Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Noob like question) How to get multiple BTC addresses in a single wallet?  (Read 775 times)
kevmb1 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:01:27 PM

Hey guys (and girls),
I'm relatively new to BTC so please don't be too harsh
(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong subforum)

My question: Is it possible to get a wallet with 100+ addresses? (for reasons that are my own)
I need to manage 100+ addresses and register them under 1 account (so I don't have to make 100+ email addresses for blockchain.info etc)

I've read that having more addresses can potentially make you more anonymous,
But that having too many addresses with small amounts in can increases transaction fees drastically so it generally isn't worth having too many.

Is there any truth to this? Are there are any other reasons I should know about?
Is there any service/ software in particular that allows for this (like Electrum or similar?)

Thanks in advance!

KB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:06:50 PM

Hey guys (and girls),
I'm relatively new to BTC so please don't be too harsh
(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong subforum)

My question: Is it possible to get a wallet with 100+ addresses? (for reasons that are my own)
I need to manage 100+ addresses and register them under 1 account (so I don't have to make 100+ email addresses for blockchain.info etc)

But that having too many addresses with small amounts in can increases transaction fees drastically so it generally isn't worth having too many.

Is there any truth to this? Are there are any other reasons I should know about?
Is there any service/ software in particular that allows for this (like Electrum or similar?)

Thanks in advance!

KB

i think allmost all desktop wallets are in fact made especially for this task (can't think of a desktop wallet that doesn't support multiple keys/addresses, there might be some online ones that do no support multiple, but that's a different story). A wallet is basically a piece of software designed to keep track of all your private keys and inputs to your addresses, it's one of the wallet's basic tasks, next to generating transactions and keeping track of the total ammount of funds you hold (inputs - outputs).
A wallet can combine inputs to different adresses to create one or more outputs (and output doesn't have to be created with inputs to a single address), so it shouldn't be 'more expensive' to use different addresses instead of using only one.

A wallet like core generates new addresses each time you request a payment and each time you send coins (it generates a change address to receive your change). It's the default behaviour, it works like this out-of-the-box. If i remember correctly, this behaviour can be modified by editing the bicoin.conf or starting with a command line parameter, altough i have no idear why you should ever do this.

electrum is rather similar. You can either chose to generate a wallet where you import your own private keys, or you can generate a wallet where electrum will also generate new addresses each time you request a payment, or change adresses each time your send funds.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Captimiz

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:14:23 PM

Any desktop wallet would be able to handle it. Also, online wallets like coinbase can also allow you to have as many bitcoin addresses you want.

Also, keep in mind that transactions between these addresses are public, so having more addresses won't necessarily make you more anonymous unless you use each address for a separate task and don;t exchange funds between the addresses.   

Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:21:09 PM

every wallet have the basic feature of creating multiple address in same account. go and use any easy to use wallet like blockchain , electrum , mycelium , etc.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:22:42 PM

That is partially true. Bitcoin is pseudoanonymous anyway and even if you use new address for only 1 transaction you can be deanonymized if paired with bitcoin services like exchanges etc.

It is only about dust transactions or inputs - in general weight of your transaction, number of adresses (from what I know) has nothing to do with fee ratio.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:25:24 PM

Multiple address which only has one private key, is that the one you are looking for? IIRC HD wallets are what they are called. You can generate them in desktop wallets but as I am using mobile I use mycelium. The privatekey will generate new address once a transaction was made in your wallet. Blockchain beta also has this feature if you are looking for a web wallet.
kevmb1 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 06:02:43 AM

Thanks for the answers! Much appreciated!

Definitely helped me
cryptonewzealand

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:22:07 AM

Hi guys,

I currently have multiple different address in one wallet, each with a small amount of BTC.
I want to combine all of these into a single address, without having to do multiple transactions (not worried about fees, just the time it will take).
Is there a debug command like 'sendmany' which will allow me to consolidate all the BTC across these addresses into one address?

Thanks
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:27:53 AM

technically this is not possible as far as I know. But some exchange sites allow this. It is also sometimes possible in online or desktop wallets.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cryptonewzealand

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:30:56 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 04:55:53 AM by cryptonewzealand

technically this is not possible as far as I know. But some exchange sites allow this. It is also sometimes possible in online or desktop wallets.

It is Bitcoin Core desktop wallet- I am wondering if any of these would help

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:42:16 AM

I think you can use the wallet that can use multiple address to receive your bitcoin.
from what i know, only a few exchange can do this, they usually have only 1 address.
Maybe you can download the desktop wallet, bitcoin core.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 01:26:02 PM

Hi guys,

I currently have multiple different address in one wallet, each with a small amount of BTC.
I want to combine all of these into a single address, without having to do multiple transactions (not worried about fees, just the time it will take).
Is there a debug command like 'sendmany' which will allow me to consolidate all the BTC across these addresses into one address?

Thanks

All addresses were generated by the same wallet? Since you're mentioning debug commands, I assume it was a bitcoin core wallet?
In this case, it's a pretty easy task, just generate a new address , then use the sendtoadress command, and use the 5th parameter: subtractfeefromamount. If set to true, the fee will be subtracted from the amount.

This will allow you to just send the total value of all unspent outputs to the new address without having to look up those unspent outputs, calculate the fee, create a raw tx, sign a raw tx,... All these calculations will be executed by the wallet software.

In case you only want to "combine" certain unspent outputs, you can still create a raw tx manually and sign it..

PS: I answered your question since a lot of misinformation was given and your question looked legit, but next time open a new thread instead of posting in a dead one...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:19:05 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks

Simply send all of your bitcoins to a single address in a single transaction. Your don't need to do anything special.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: