Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we make bitcoin transaction refundable?  (Read 569 times)
Courtney78Green

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:26:37 AM

Do I want to know more, in the transaction process if the error then the bitcoin is lost?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:28:48 AM

Bitcoin transactions can be refundable but the transaction fees which are paid can't be refundable now the transactions which you have done to the seller that you can get refund by talking to the seller. But the transaction fees and the confirmation time taken cant be refunded.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:31:19 AM

Do I want to know more, in the transaction process if the error then the bitcoin is lost?
I think that will be depend on the error, if it's error cause wrong bitcoin address,  it will be lost forever and if it error because wrong address format, transaction wouldn't be executed and the fund will be refund to the sender address.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:33:29 AM

Why would be Bitcoin Transactions Re-Fundable???!!! do you get a refund when you invest or spend fiat?
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:11:37 AM

When I was reading an article, I came across a disadvantage of bitcoin that stated that there "No Chargebacks or Refunds" in bitcoin transactions. What do you think can be the way forward in solving this problem? Many, regardless of whether you are pro-bitcoin or anti-bitcoin, your interest is in making sure that transactions where currency is involved have a Charge-back or Refund policy.

Below is what the article said on this point: "No Chargebacks or Refunds"
One of Bitcoin’s biggest drawbacks is a lack of standardized policy for chargebacks or refunds, as all credit card companies and traditional online payment processors have. Users affected by transaction fraud – for instance, they purchase goods that the seller never delivers – can’t request a refund through Bitcoin. In fact, Bitcoin’s decentralized structure makes it impossible for any single party to arbitrate disputes between users. While miners take responsibility for recording transactions, they’re not qualified to assess their legitimacy.
Some newer cryptocurrencies, such as Ripple, have rudimentary chargeback and refund functions, but this feature has yet to be built into Bitcoin.

There's no fiat currency that do transaction Refund when it comes to investment even when they are centralized, Bitcoin is a blockchain product and its decentralized, That's why there are lots of warning available before taken any decision be sure to read and understand to avoid regret or stories that touches
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:23:39 PM

i dont think that will happen because as we know that bitcoin transaction is not refundable and i think that it will very immposible to make this happen, because the system at the beginning is work like that.

Happy Fun

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

That's why bitcoin called a currency that stand alone. If you want bitcoin stand alone no someone can interaction with your transaction, you must ready to take all risk. Yeah and we all know bitcoin is first digital currency. Smiley
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:20:23 PM

I don't think that's possible or should even be possible.
Bitcoin is what it's today all because of the services that it entails such as untraceable, unrefundable etc. I must tell you that if we want bitcoin to even be more than what it's today, it must remain anonymous. And Moreover sofar it's going through blockchain transaction then it has to remain unrefundable, my take.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:52:04 PM

I think that will be depend on the error, if it's error cause wrong bitcoin address,  it will be lost forever and if it error because wrong address format, transaction wouldn't be executed and the fund will be refund to the sender address.
With the wrong address format, the funds will not be "refunded" to you in any way since the "Send" button will not even function. Your bitcoins will not be moved as there were no transaction that has taken place in the first place.
The only "error" that you should be getting is none other than "Invalid address format." or "Insufficient funds." Both errors will not make you lose your bitcoins as the transaction will not come through. Once there's a valid address, sufficient amount of bitcoins to cover the transaction, then the bitcoin will be sent to the address. Sometimes it takes more time than the usual. There are traffics in bitcoin transaction as well but it's appearing a lot less than before even with small fees.
Why would be Bitcoin Transactions Re-Fundable???!!! do you get a refund when you invest or spend fiat?
Obviously not when the transaction is done with physical money. In order for refund to take place in that, you have to convince the seller that you are reasonable to receive a refund. Otherwise, you can't just get refunded in buying things. On the other hand, in another part of the digital currency world, Paypal (the company), you can issue a dispute there. The thing with the dispute function is that it's abused by scammers and they have 180 days to dispute a transaction. A surefire way for them to get their money back is to claim that they got hacked and they didn't authorize the transaction.

I wonder what would be of bitcoin if we had that function. Would it be the same? I think the crypto world will be filled by scammers, just like the world of Paypal, and there will come a cryptocurrency that will overthrow bitcoin's from its throne simply because it has no dispute function. Dispute function is simply a flaw that people can easily abuse.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:09:14 PM

When I was reading an article, I came across a disadvantage of bitcoin that stated that there "No Chargebacks or Refunds" in bitcoin transactions. What do you think can be the way forward in solving this problem? Many, regardless of whether you are pro-bitcoin or anti-bitcoin, your interest is in making sure that transactions where currency is involved have a Charge-back or Refund policy.

Below is what the article said on this point: "No Chargebacks or Refunds"
One of Bitcoin’s biggest drawbacks is a lack of standardized policy for chargebacks or refunds, as all credit card companies and traditional online payment processors have. Users affected by transaction fraud – for instance, they purchase goods that the seller never delivers – can’t request a refund through Bitcoin. In fact, Bitcoin’s decentralized structure makes it impossible for any single party to arbitrate disputes between users. While miners take responsibility for recording transactions, they’re not qualified to assess their legitimacy.
Some newer cryptocurrencies, such as Ripple, have rudimentary chargeback and refund functions, but this feature has yet to be built into Bitcoin.

This is true, there is no way you can revert back the transaction that have been confirmed. That is cryptocurrency and blockchain.
so, this will not opening any room for errors or mistakes. You must not doing any mistake because it wont be able to reverse back.
I think this is not the lack of bitcoin or crypto, but this is the security of cryptocurrency.
molla_corda

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:54:04 PM

In my opinion, this problem can certainly be solved, but this will lead to the fact that the crypto currency is subject to control from a third party. Return is nothing but the participation of the regulatory party. If you ask me-this function is not needed in General, and if you apply to stores, they can carry out a refund as a sending operation.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
Chom_

Activity: 228

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

maybe you mean when you make a transaction failure and have issued the gas that you use to make the transaction, but there is no gas return like ETH or Riplle
makeitweird

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:19:21 PM

Why do we need decentralized cryptocurrencies if they end up having the same disadvantages as our current system? And while there are certainly cases where people get scammed and it sucks not being able to get them their money back, I'd venture that most chargebacks done in the current system are not legit and make goods cost more in the end as chargebacks end up being passed on to the consumer
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:40:23 AM

Why do we need decentralized cryptocurrencies if they end up having the same disadvantages as our current system? And while there are certainly cases where people get scammed and it sucks not being able to get them their money back, I'd venture that most chargebacks done in the current system are not legit and make goods cost more in the end as chargebacks end up being passed on to the consumer

Yeah and it's quite impossible already to request for a refund given bitcoin's nature so better to check and double check first all information before finalizing a transaction. It's pretty much done once it pushes through

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:49:32 AM

I do not think,  there's a measure already in place to make refunds.
It is not even possible to do this because of the decentralized structure of bitcoin.

IamKnowledge

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:49:27 PM

Once any bitcoin transaction is confirmed and marked sent, there is no possibility of reversing it. That is why you need to be careful before confirming any transaction.
profitmax

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:10:33 PM

The problem with transactions and their cancellation cannot be solved. In Bitcoin, we do everything anonymously, so it is also impossible to return money to unknown people.
mojo2208

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:33:29 PM

cancel the bitcoin transaction is impossible, this is not a warrant on the stock exchange. There is only one option, you can interrupt the transaction by setting higher parameters. Cheesy
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:08:53 PM

Luckily, your concern for such refund or chargeback is covered by the future direction that bitcoin will traverse to should the leading cryptocurrency hit it bigger and progress on, though not termed directly as a refund, yet, indicates payment guarantees.

Satoshi Nakamoto himself, back in 2010, indicates the variety of ways a transaction can be made where he cited Escrow transactions, bonded contracts, third-party arbitration & multiparty signature are among the possibilities.

Knowing that the non-refundable part of bitcoin's innate attribute will cause worry, part of bitcoin's design from the beginning was to incorporate safety measures of transactions. Thus, i do believe that your concern will be covered as the bitcoin technology develops over the years.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:15:10 PM

to have a chargebacks or refunds policy, you need to have third party involved
bitcoin is a pseudonymous peer to peer currency, it's a one to one transaction without identifiable user id
regular refund policy requires knowing a lot personal info about transaction and identified users involved
though another mechanism can be used to achieve similar effect... by using multisig address transaction and a trusted escrow as mediator Undecided

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: