Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin FORKED, KGW Implemented, Payment Processors, more!  (Read 5577 times)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:21:51 AM

Official KittehCoin/KGW Release and Community Update
v0.8.6.2 w/KGW

http://kittehcoin.info
@KittehCoin | Google+ | Facebook
KittehCoin Forums | KittehCoin Reddit
Marketing Contact: delfresnic@kittehcoin.info | Lead Developer: dan@kittehcoin.info
Open Source GitHub: https://github.com/kittehcoin/

Kittehcoin's gratitude to our loyal community mustn't go unnoticed, therefore by popular demand we have integrated Kimoto Gravity Well algorithm into KittehCoin's difficulty adjustment code. This helps to make KittehCoin "Multipool Proof". Kittehcoin wants our supporters to know we are attentive to their suggestions, and willing to make any necessary implementations and/or adjustments to make sure we will be top of our class in the world of crypto. Inline with listening to the communities' requests we've advanced the hard-fork point from block 131,913 to 126,250. The fork has already been completed and was a large success given the growing number of KittehCoin pools that simultaneously needed to update at the same time - the full list is available on our website.

KittehCoin-Qt v0.8.6.2 w/KGW
Linux - (build from source)
Mac OSX 10.7+ - download
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 - download

As with anytime you update your wallet please backup your entire data directory prior to updating. Your data dir can be found at (copy this folder somewhere to backup, do not move it to back it up):

Linux - /home/<username>/.kittehcoin/
Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/KittehCoin
Windows XP -- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\KittehCoin
Windows Vista, 7, 8 -- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\KittehCoin

After you've backed up your data directory simply run the new wallet for your appropriate OS. You may notice the new wallet "reindexing the blockchain" this is normal, let it do it's thing. All your coins will be just as they were last time you ran the old wallet. If you open the help>about menu you should see 'v0.8.6.2-unk-beta'. You're all set!

There is also other news in the KittehCoin ecosystem! We have been added with several other currency pairings to CryptoRush.in - sticking with the sentiment expressed in our previous community update we did not pay to be added, they added MEOW because they believe in what we're doing and because they appreciate the growing KittehCoin community. Show MintPalExchange what our community can do and vote for us to be added! We are also getting added to https://c-cex.com!

We have also been working very hard on making MEOW something you can actually use to buy goods and services. We have been added to the marketplace at AllSoS.com where you can now list your goods for sale as well as buy goods using MEOW. We are also working with a more universal payment processor MOOLAH to enable payments on any merchant site and we will be creating an example site for merchants to easily get up and running.

AllSoS has some very nice features:
- Compulsory Automatic Escrow
- Instant Digital Delivery for Digital Goods
- Comprehensive Shipping Calculation

One of the largest crypto-gambling site around RapidBalls has added MEOW. Now you can play a host of new game using your MEOW!

What's Next?
  • Now that we have addressed the KGW situation we will have a future release coming up within the next month that introduces the "new feature" we have been talking about for a while in KittehCoin. We have at least 2 additional innovative roadmap features in the pipeline as well. The first (of 3) will be done in the next month or so (already on testnets). The release was delayed by KGW's rollout.
  • International expansion - we are working hard to get all of our announcements and news translated and mirrored onto international sites in native languages, this is part of our effort to increase awareness around MEOW and further improve our marketing
  • We have reached out to BTC38 and are doing everything we can to get added on that exchange to allow the asian markets easier access to KittehCoin trading
  • We are still waiting on Apple to approve our iOS wallet app for KittehCoin!
  • We are working on an online wallet service which will allow you to easily create KittehCoin wallets online, this will also have a mobile-friendly website for the Android crowd but ultimately we want to have an Android native wallet app.
  • The internal team is working on several service exchange and marketplace websites enabled via MEOW, think a MEOW Fiverr
  • We are still looking for marketing team members!! Please contact dan@kittehcoin.info if interested, serious inquires only. Not a paid position.

As always we appreciate the support of the community and will be doing our best to really ramp up marketing efforts over the coming month. Our main focus will be properly marketing the next release, reaching a larger audience, and getting more services and merchants MEOW-enabled so that we can continue to grow as a coin and as a community! If you have any questions please let us know. You can always reach out to me directly delfresnic@kittehcoin.info.

TL;DR;
- Download the new wallet! Backup your data first.
- We have forked! KittehCoin now uses KGW and is "multipool resistant"!
- We have payment processors and marketplaces coming online
- We have a number of wallet services completed and waiting approval or being developed
- New games, exchanges
- Working on improving marketing, looking for help, contact us
- Will you be implementing "Adaptive-N Scrypt"? Not anytime soon, for good reason.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:48:58 AM

MEOW!
hitu

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:06:32 AM

good job
thanks devs  Smiley

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. SWQzo3EzcN29mVe1v4BFfREXzaXZSfcsZP
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:01:07 AM

awesome job guys! just a couple suggestions for the website.

-statistics on the website like network hash graph/statistics.
-marketcap/ current MEOW/BTC price on the website frontpage

TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:15:03 AM

You guys are awesome!
Thanks Danosphere.
blue_bit

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:47:36 AM

We have reached out to BTC38 and are doing everything we can to get added on that exchange to allow the asian markets easier access to KittehCoin trading

great job, i think bter.com is also a very good place for china market.
balistick

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:24:03 AM

Meow !

Those news are awesome Smiley Congratz to the Meow team !
isasim

Activity: 33
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:27:43 AM

Very cool!!!

NEM
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

MEOW!

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:45:54 PM

Thanks! We saw Feathercoin had something like that, really like it. I actually have a tool I'm working on right now that does exactly this in a more visual way. I created it to see how effective KGW is in reaction to network hashrate changes and such. We will use this to eventually display the stats your requesting as well as some other info about the network (avg block time, time it took to find last block, etc).

I'd show the demo page right now but the timeline is off and I need to fix it (and I'm sure ppl will criticize the tool for that one minor issue so, holding it for now!), we're open-sourcing the project (like most our projects) so that other coins might also benefit from it and contribute to it.

Very interesting to see how KGW reacts to network changes. KittehCoin network been running at about 1-2gh/s solid all day, very interesting to see how the diff is reacting when graphed over time. Wish I could see similar stats on other coins for comparison sake!

KGW seems to keep the diff very stable unless large swings in hashrate occur, in which case it reacts very strongly. I'm still gathering baseline data for a proper analysis but this tool will enable us to do network analysis on a level I haven't seen other coins doing (or they are keeping those tools/stats private if they are...)

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
wB`

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:28:13 AM

Great news! Looking forward to that and all the new features of this coin! Thanks again for the hard work and dedication.
blue_bit

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:42:43 AM

Thanks! We saw Feathercoin had something like that, really like it. I actually have a tool I'm working on right now that does exactly this in a more visual way. I created it to see how effective KGW is in reaction to network hashrate changes and such. We will use this to eventually display the stats your requesting as well as some other info about the network (avg block time, time it took to find last block, etc).

I'd show the demo page right now but the timeline is off and I need to fix it (and I'm sure ppl will criticize the tool for that one minor issue so, holding it for now!), we're open-sourcing the project (like most our projects) so that other coins might also benefit from it and contribute to it.

Very interesting to see how KGW reacts to network changes. KittehCoin network been running at about 1-2gh/s solid all day, very interesting to see how the diff is reacting when graphed over time. Wish I could see similar stats on other coins for comparison sake!

KGW seems to keep the diff very stable unless large swings in hashrate occur, in which case it reacts very strongly. I'm still gathering baseline data for a proper analysis but this tool will enable us to do network analysis on a level I haven't seen other coins doing (or they are keeping those tools/stats private if they are...)

bter.com is very important for china market.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:00:00 PM

How can we convince BTER to list our Kitteh?

wB`

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:50:16 PM

have you tried tweeting to them?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

I would encourage all users interested in getting BTER to add MEOW to tweet them, this is the best way to get their attention. I am also privately emailing them, but hitting them from both angles will probably get better results.

chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:54:13 PM

I would encourage all users interested in getting BTER to add MEOW to tweet them, this is the best way to get their attention. I am also privately emailing them, but hitting them from both angles will probably get better results.

what is their twitter handle?
wB`

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:48:27 AM

i dont think @bter is since there hasnt been a tweet since 2009! maybe they do not have a twitter.

here is their contact email address : admin@bter.com

I think we should all email them about adding MEOW!  Grin
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:28:19 AM

i dont think @bter is since there hasnt been a tweet since 2009! maybe they do not have a twitter.

here is their contact email address : admin@bter.com

I think we should all email them about adding MEOW!  Grin

Nice! Good find, I'll email them from my kittehcoin address, I think if we can email them as much as possible that'd be best Wink

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:30:47 AM

is this a new lunch?
wB`

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:56:21 AM

Everyone take a look at this on Reddit....We need to raise 1 million MEOW for our new MeowMonitor.com  Cool

http://www.reddit.com/r/kittehcoin/comments/1yf4vn/donations_needed_for_a_dogemonitorcom_for_meow/
wB`

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:11:15 PM

Looks like we are at 400K MEOWs already. Lets try to hit the 1 Million MEOW target today!
kjesser

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:35:23 PM

Looks like we are at 400K MEOWs already. Lets try to hit the 1 Million MEOW target today!

I put 316k of those 400, why are other people putting contributing such small amounts?
wB`

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:44:01 PM

i sent over 10K as a test last night. Just sent 100K its unconfirmed now but it should confirm soon!. We should be at 500k...so halfway!
wB`

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:53:52 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 04:16:32 PM by wB`

1.1 million MEOWS has been reached!

Now we just need a "Save the Kitteh's Foundation"
shai_

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:48:46 PM

1.1 million MEOWS has been reached!

Now we just need a "Save the Kitteh's Foundation"

someone already offered something like this
too bad it didn't get to 1M so fast

maybe 'whales' can put some more coins there, once its more official

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383068.msg4843468#msg4843468
http://kitexplorer.tk/address/KFYDw4RHKNWTJm9LqnbooaAHdQjXN2JUWX
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 03:18:29 AM

Important news update from the team:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497706.0

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: