Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2018, 09:50:27 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Entrepreneurship ideas and experiences  (Read 148 times)
Tyr808

Activity: 525
Merit: 270

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:19:49 AM
Merited by suchmoon (7), paxmao (1)

Starting a business is so simple these days. It pretty much comes down to this: develop a skill that other people will pay for, and then use the internet to find those people. This concept can be applied to just about anything, and I think a lot of you guys don't realize how easy it is.

>have a friend from high school who paints houses, about $1k per job
>he gets one to two jobs per month, finding clients by word of mouth
>in only three or so days, set him up with a site and teach him about Facebook ads
>gets 10 clients from online ads within the first month and a half
This is a guy with no degree who paints houses, now he's looking at making $10k in less than two months. Now he's transitioning to hiring people to paint the houses while he sits back and gets clients.

>another friend with art degree
>hears that storyboard artists can get paid $150/day doing boards
>starts focusing exclusively on being a freelance storyboard artist, building up site and portfolio
>starts running ads on google/bing to get the ball rolling
>storyboarding is a low competition niche so his name was always one of the first to pop up in search
Now he's always booked. He doesn't even run ads anymore.

I could go on all day. With one of my online businesses, I deal with a lot of "psychics" and "tarot readers." These people literally provide an imaginary service. PayPal them $25 and they'll give you a "psychic reading" via e-mail. They find all of their clients just by being active on Instagram. Occasionally, they'll pay a larger Instagram account to shout them out. A lot of these people are insane and say all kinds of weird shit. Yet they've still figured out how to run their own business online.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SwayStar123

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

pls donate im pur

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:07:50 AM

If you have the right mindset, you can turn anything into a business and earn good money from it
Recently i had an idea to make a website which sells music made just for each member, depending on their taste, preference etc. I was thinking of using thousands of hours of music online to train multiple neural networks on a specific genre, now a days many youtubers need to use non copy righted music and there arent many great out there, so this would be a great solution to them, a copyright license for a small subscription fees for multiple playlists (most youtubers make 2-3 videos per week so it wont be that heavy on the servers)
Impulseboy

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:06:22 PM

The beginning is always easy. With business, I think, if you provide good service and products, and with the right marketing strategy then people will buy and support your business. Word of mouth for me is still the best marketing strategy but good quality products and services and a positive and kind attitude from those behind the business also plays a key role in the success of any business.
Recklessdemon

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:54:17 PM

When it comes to business, i suggest you read the book the art of war, there so much you can learn about tactics, strategies, marketing and some loopholes you dont want to cross your path with. Starting a small business can be hard, but all i can say it is better to start hard than not to start at all.
Heidim

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:25:42 AM

Starting a business is so simple these days. It pretty much comes down to this: develop a skill that other people will pay for, and then use the internet to find those people. This concept can be applied to just about anything, and I think a lot of you guys don't realize how easy it is.

>have a friend from high school who paints houses, about $1k per job
>he gets one to two jobs per month, finding clients by word of mouth
>in only three or so days, set him up with a site and teach him about Facebook ads
>gets 10 clients from online ads within the first month and a half
This is a guy with no degree who paints houses, now he's looking at making $10k in less than two months. Now he's transitioning to hiring people to paint the houses while he sits back and gets clients.

>another friend with art degree
>hears that storyboard artists can get paid $150/day doing boards
>starts focusing exclusively on being a freelance storyboard artist, building up site and portfolio
>starts running ads on google/bing to get the ball rolling
>storyboarding is a low competition niche so his name was always one of the first to pop up in search
Now he's always booked. He doesn't even run ads anymore.

I could go on all day. With one of my online businesses, I deal with a lot of "psychics" and "tarot readers." These people literally provide an imaginary service. PayPal them $25 and they'll give you a "psychic reading" via e-mail. They find all of their clients just by being active on Instagram. Occasionally, they'll pay a larger Instagram account to shout them out. A lot of these people are insane and say all kinds of weird shit. Yet they've still figured out how to run their own business online.

This is a very good idea if everybody can bring ideas. We have some immigrants from Mozambique here in South Africa. They offer gardening services around our town, they have their own lawnmowers and walk from one job to the other. They do 3-4 lawns a day, two people on the job and they work fast. They even advertise on a local Facebook page. I know there will be a brand new debate because they are immigrants, but that's not the point. The point is if you really want to work and earn a living there is many ways.
Initscri

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 04:57:48 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

You got a few good ideas in there. I sort out my ideas like this:

- Short term ideas: These are ideas to give cash-flow. Simple business ideas/gigs to produce income to allow me to work on the following categories.
- Medium term ideas: These are ideas that I see being run for a long term, but they aren't massive projects with high effort. Simply put, I can work on them for a good amount of time, launch and generate revenue.
- Long term ideas: These are the big ideas, the ones which take a lot to developer/implement, but are my primary focus.

I'd recommend categorizing your ideas such, and pick one from each category to work on (if you can in tandem)
christina.arnigo

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:20:36 AM

Having a business is really a good idea to create income.  As of these days, having a business is easier compare before. Lots of people are doing their online business, posting their products and services in social media as part of their marketing strategies. Through this kind of media you can connect anywhere, everywhere.  The good thing is, you don't have to rent space to earn income, no permits to pay and most important is, you market is limitless.  Just make sure that you will always be honest and give your best to serve them.  Always gain your customers' trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.