Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
travelhelperio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Helper

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:22:30 AM

Hello everyone,

I don’t know how to start this post, but I'll start from the beginning. Well, about a year ago I had an idea about a Gambling/Betting website that in my opinion will change the whole concept of gambling and it will be a revolution. I strongly believed in my website that it will be more popular than Facebook and Google. By the time, this one idea evolved into many ideas, each is more wild than the other is.

I then started thinking about making this website and my knowledge of web development wasn’t enough, I only knew HTML and CSS with no server side or even enough front-end experience to design a proper page. I thought that to make this website I will have to hire developers and it will cost me a lot of money which I don’t have. So I started to learn myself so I could make the website.

A year ago I found a Course Center in my area that gives a web development courses. It was a Full-stack .NET Developer course, unfortunately, I am still in the course and am not satisfied and for several reasons, the course had to be postponed many times. A year left and we still in the mid of the course, another year is expected to end the course and by the end of it, I will have finished my fourth and the last year at college.

Most important is, I found that also if I possess the knowledge to make this website which is impossible and it's not a one-man job as I thought it was, I will still need a financial support to hire developers who will work with me in different aspects and of course for the server costs.

That was my full story in brief, I also want to point out that I worked in freelancing as a Translator, Technical Support for a web hosting company and as a Social Media Marketer.

I've planned and managed for everything and every tiny detail has been accounted for. But still, the financial support is what stops me.

I posted this in here as in the Project Development board as it's most relevant to my approach. To ask about if it's possible to make fundraising (for a gambling website) and if the donors will be shareholders or bondholders ? or maybe, if someone is interested to be a partner and finance the project, then, I'll briefly explain the costs for him.

This is what the finance will go for:-
1-   Dedicated server (roughly 350 $ /mon)
2-   5 Developers
3-   Other website one-time services (Site Security Scanning / DDoS Protection / SSL Certificate)

•   I also would like to mention that my activeness in the web developing groups and my job as a freelancer got me to know several developers who can work 'free or partially' until the project is up and running.
•   Finally, the estimated costs are expected to be about 35k~45k$

Other details of the cost will be discussed with the serious partner.

For anyone interested to be a partner who will only be a financial supporter and the rest of the job will be on me (buy the domain, hosting/get the developers/deploy the website/get the gambling license/ etc..). Then, Kindly PM Me.

I'm ready to clarify any points I didn't make clear and to deal with whichever you see appropriate and fair to guarantee and ensure your rights.

Mail: m.nafady2009@gmail.com

Thanks,

Hi
You are planning to launch a gambling project best of luck. but let me suggest you some thing that will be helpful to you.
1.translate your concept in to words and a prepare a white pare first
2. design a professional site and public your idea  site designing cost $200 only you can do it yourself
3.invite people to review your idea and if they like you will get invest as well.

● Travel Helper ●
▰▰▰▰ Freelancer platform for Travelers ▰▰▰▰
● https://www.travelhelper.io/  ●
Xavier59

Activity: 729
Merit: 545

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:04:03 PM

This is what the finance will go for:-
1-   Dedicated server (roughly 350 $ /mon)
2-   5 Developers
3-   Other website one-time services (Site Security Scanning / DDoS Protection / SSL Certificate)

1- $350 / month is the cost for a very very good server. You don't need that much. Not from the start at least. You can start with just $10 a month for a decent server.
Then you can expend to better, but by then, you should already be profitable.
2- 5 developers for 1 month are less productive than 1 for 5 months. Keep that in mind. I would still recommand to hire at least 2 developers so that they can criticize each other/help each other out.
3- None of what you give is a one-time service. SSL Certificates are free (look at Let's encrypt for example). Moreover, even if you paid for it, it would probably not be a one-time fee since you  need to renew it from time to time. DDOS protection is not a one-time fee service neither, usually it comes at an extra price with the dedicated server. Finally, if you want to do security audits, it should be done at every major code change otherwise better do none.

I don't mean to be mean to your project. If I took the time to write this, it's only because I think it's for the better for you (really).
Good luck.
dan nguyen

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

1- $350 / month is the cost for a very very good server. You don't need that much. Not from the start at least. You can start with just $10 a month for a decent server.
Then you can expend to better, but by then, you should already be profitable.
2- 5 developers for 1 month are less productive than 1 for 5 months. Keep that in mind. I would still recommand to hire at least 2 developers so that they can criticize each other/help each other out.
3- None of what you give is a one-time service. SSL Certificates are free (look at Let's encrypt for example). Moreover, even if you paid for it, it would probably not be a one-time fee since you  need to renew it from time to time. DDOS protection is not a one-time fee service neither, usually it comes at an extra price with the dedicated server. Finally, if you want to do security audits, it should be done at every major code change otherwise better do none.

I don't mean to be mean to your project. If I took the time to write this, it's only because I think it's for the better for you (really).
Good luck.

Hello Xavier,

Let me further explain to you:
1-The cost for the dedicated server is nothing compared to the Windows Server and SQL Server license cost. and indeed I will start with a low-cost server (50$) during the development time. then I will start with a high dedicated server and it's because I don't intend to start small as you said and move forward. "I WANNA START BIG".
2- The developers required will be as follow (2 ASP.NET MVC, 2 Front-End, MS-Server and MS-SQL Admin)
3- SSL Certificate can be bought one-time for 3 years, DDoS protection varies starting from 25$/mon, most site security scanning subscriptions are given by time(yearly) not 'per scan'.

I'm open for any constructive criticism and I'm glad for your opinions and hope I've clarified your points.

Lastly, you may need to check this goo .gl/HYNEC3

Thanks,

I don't have money for investment. Do you need a developer for your team? I am a full stack dev .net and javascript with about ten years experience. I am readly interested in gambling industry and have some ideas on this. Can I join your team as a dev?
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 10:53:07 PM

You don't need 40k.
Find devs (online or local) and have them support your project for a % return of profits.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 12:42:42 AM

- Servers are dirt cheap. You can scale with AWS free tier, spend way less on promo tokens and so on.
- MS isn't the only SQL provider, neither are you forced to use MS. There are plenty of open-source free alternatives.

You just said most of the money will be used for marketing campaigns - $20k on that? That's a terrible pitch. $20k for security scanning? Just do a bug bounty, you'll achieve the same results for 25% of the price.

You clearly haven't thought this through & you expect funding into the thousands?

It's clear you're over your head on this one - you have an idea and you think you can run with it.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 10:41:50 PM

You need to know that hosting a gambling website is not like hosting your soya beans product. if there is any chance a hosting provider allows it, it will ask for a gambling license. therefore we host it on offshore providers. Even though I intend to get a gambling license for several reasons which btw will cost me "15k". (add that to expenses)

Well, I know this is how you're way over your head and inexperienced.

Firstly - you can get alternative cheaper licenses.

https://fastoffshore.com/what-we-do/packaged-services/online-gambling-in-costa-rica/

That there is $5k.

No, It Is. MS-SQL server is irreplaceable and even the most expensive SQL managers cannot replace it.
You can use these open-source alternatives if you are following the SQL tutorial on w3schools.

SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THIS RESPONSE.

Do you think the programmers of successful sites use (out of all sites) W3Schools like some Bible?

Let me repeat myself - there are plenty of alternatives to MS-SQL, here's a whole list;

https://alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-sql-server/

Alternatives do the job just the same if not better. This guy is a 100% liar and fraud.

idk whats in your dictionary about the word "most". I meant that I will use what is necessary to build the website and the rest will be for marketing and security scanning.
I already planned to publish my website on hackerone and bugcrowd once its deployed, but these people will get money too for their discovered bugs !!!

You're statement is actually horse-shit - it doesn't even make grammatical sense. First you say it's split between marketing and security testing, then you say we'll use the funds as we need to. You contradict yourself. My point still stands and your post proves this - you clearly haven't thought this through, you just want someone to throw money into this project and hope it works out. The reality is when we sanity check your project it doesn't hold up.

I strongly believe in my project and I truly think that these thousands now will be billions in a couple of years.

Okay, want to lock in a wager? When you find your investor for 40k, send me a message. I'll buy $5k worth of Ethereum and lock it in a smart contract. Set a timeframe - I"ll give you 5 years lol. If in 5 years your site has made even a million, I'll release the smart contract. Who knows what ETH will be worth by then? Wink

you say it as its a bad thing !! well, everything was an idea. Facebook, Twitter, and Google and these major websites were nothing but ideas by a couple of guys sitting their asses on a couch, they didn't jump into existence like that. your atheism beliefs aren't practical when it comes to internet.

Those people who came up with the idea were visionary - they thought much larger than you. You don't even have a solid business plan. Your plan as it stands now would fail to get any funding because of the standard you provide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/business/dealbook/the-bad-behavior-of-visionary-leaders.html

I suggest you look at your own behaviour before calling someone out on their own Wink people like you love to come up with crazy batshit ideas but never think through the finer details. People like Elon Musk, Bill Gates can get away with it because they surround themselves with logical / reasonable people who reign them in. You on the other hand, like to think your idea is infallible, and the truth is.....it is. This is fact.

sasatefa2009 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:03:19 AM

Well, I know this is how you're way over your head and inexperienced.

Firstly - you can get alternative cheaper licenses.

https://fastoffshore.com/what-we-do/packaged-services/online-gambling-in-costa-rica/

That there is $5k.

did you just read the headline? it says " Gambling License Alternative"
Also the description

There still is no governmental or regulatory framework governing online gambling or eGaming whatsoever, as such no official Costa Rica Online Gambling License designed to deal with e-gaming (gambling over the Internet) exists.

The absence of legislation governing online gambling operations or administration from Costa Rica means very clearly that a Costa Rica Online Gambling License does NOT exist

Because there is no official organization to issue any kind of license or recognize license holders, there is no betting or gaming tax whatsoever. Again, to be clear, there is no such thing as a Costa Rica Online Gambling License, Data Processing License or any other kind of license for Online Gaming

So, to hell with that thing.

I'd rather put my money on a gambling license issued for eGaming, That's if I intend to build a reputable and trustworthy service and to rest assure that everything is legal.

SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THIS RESPONSE.

Do you think the programmers of successful sites use (out of all sites) W3Schools like some Bible?

Let me repeat myself - there are plenty of alternatives to MS-SQL, here's a whole list;

https://alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-sql-server/

Alternatives do the job just the same if not better. This guy is a 100% liar and fraud.

I thought you were legit but now you are stupid

liar and fraud ?? for what ??  I could report you for that
but, it's great to see how people say shit to others on the internet that they didn't see or know anything about.

Now, let me prove to you how stupid you are.

there is a difference between databases, an MS-SQL database is different than MySQL than NoSQL than PostgreSQL than SQLite and so fucking on.
and every database has its own structure, relations, and its own SQL query language.

So, do you think that by searching google "Microsoft SQL Server Alternatives" is gonna make you smart !!
So, do you think that by searching google "Microsoft SQL Server Alternatives" is gonna make you smart !!

You're statement is actually horse-shit - it doesn't even make grammatical sense. First you say it's split between marketing and security testing, then you say we'll use the funds as we need to. You contradict yourself. My point still stands and your post proves this - you clearly haven't thought this through, you just want someone to throw money into this project and hope it works out. The reality is when we sanity check your project it doesn't hold up.

insulting and self-praising rubbish, nothing to respond in here.

Okay, want to lock in a wager? When you find your investor for 40k, send me a message. I'll buy $5k worth of Ethereum and lock it in a smart contract. Set a timeframe - I"ll give you 5 years lol. If in 5 years your site has made even a million, I'll release the smart contract. Who knows what ETH will be worth by then? Wink

if I made a million, why would I care about your 5k$ or even you !!!!
indeed you are a sane person.

Those people who came up with the idea were visionary - they thought much larger than you. You don't even have a solid business plan. Your plan as it stands now would fail to get any funding because of the standard you provide.

I've said that I will discuss my ideas with any serious investor, So, how do you know they are not visionary while I didn't discuss or publish any of it !!

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/business/dealbook/the-bad-behavior-of-visionary-leaders.html

I suggest you look at your own behaviour before calling someone out on their own Wink people like you love to come up with crazy batshit ideas but never think through the finer details. People like Elon Musk, Bill Gates can get away with it because they surround themselves with logical / reasonable people who reign them in. You on the other hand, like to think your idea is infallible, and the truth is.....it is. This is fact.

so you saying that these people never failed at all in their life and didn't have many fuckups specially at the beginning ??  use your only skill, google search, and write their name plus the word "failed" in google.

from the bottom of my heart, just a piece of advice to you is to stop responding to others thinking you are smart and you know everything.
if you have any ideas for anyone that may help say it, if you have any criticism, make it constructive.
else, just skip the thread.
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 12:28:14 AM

Costa Rica is an ideal location to launch a crypto currency betting or gambling business as you can operate legally without the need for a license.

You idiot - the whole point is you set up a company there to avoid having to register as a gaming operator. You just register with the companies register as a company.

I thought you were legit but now you are stupid

liar and fraud ?? for what ??  I could report you for that
but, it's great to see how people say shit to others on the internet that they didn't see or know anything about.

Now, let me prove to you how stupid you are.

there is a difference between databases, an MS-SQL database is different than MySQL than NoSQL than PostgreSQL than SQLite and so fucking on.
and every database has its own structure, relations, and its own SQL query language.

You absolute plonker and idiot of a fool. You can't sue me for shit. You're a fraud who wants to ask for money with a crazy idea that you yourself haven't thought through properly.

Do you really think people will believe the idiot who thinks W3schools is the bible on SQL? How many people put W3schools on their CV Mr SQL exper.

Holy shit, you really are the dumbest motherfucker on the planet aren't you? It's own SQL language?! SQL is the language itself you fucktard. It doesn't matter what structure there in, because DB structures can be converted, the relations are relative to the data structure and what you said makes no sense - there is only ONE SQL syntax you absolute fucking idiot LMAO.

insulting and self-praising rubbish, nothing to respond in here.

Yes focus on the insults because you are too scared too look at the facts - if you bothered to stop being a pussy and being upset by words, you would see I said "your project FAILS THE SANITY TEST"

if I made a million, why would I care about your 5k$ or even you !!!!
indeed you are a sane person.

1. I know you won't make a million. For 100%.
2. If you bothered to read....I said in FIVE YEARS. Do you even know how to read a sentence? 5k in ETH now could be worth millions. A million is worth 30k / year over the next 30 years. Only an idiot would turn down extra money or think 1 million is enough LOL to retire / live your life. Only an idiot would turn down the chance for free money.

I've said that I will discuss my ideas with any serious investor, So, how do you know they are not visionary while I didn't discuss or publish any of it !!

Your English makes no sense and I can tell you have learning difficulties. No one said ANYTHING about discussion or publishing - I said you don't have a serious business plan cause you're just coming up with shit fairy ideas.

so you saying that these people never failed at all in their life and didn't have many fuckups specially at the beginning ??  use your only skill, google search, and write their name plus the word "failed" in google.

from the bottom of my heart, just a piece of advice to you is to stop responding to others thinking you are smart and you know everything.
if you have any ideas for anyone that may help say it, if you have any criticism, make it constructive.
else, just skip the thread.

Did I say they didn't fail or have fuck ups? You fucking idiot, learn to read. I said visonaries have substanial failings in their own behaviour - EXACTLY like the ones your displaying. They act like they're idea is going to save the world but lack the logic or reasonabilty to make it come to fruition.

There's literally science and papers on this you horsecock.

https://www.belbin.com/media/1700/belbin-aug2015-thewayforwardforinnovationteams-jofcreativitybusinessinnovation-v1-2015-nel-mostert.pdf

You would be:

Plant

Plants are creative, unorthodox and generators of ideas. If an innovative solution to a problem is needed, a Plant is a good person to ask. A good Plant will be bright and free-thinking. Plants can tend to ignore incidentals. The Plant might be caricatured as the absent-minded professor/inventor, and often has a hard time communicating ideas to others. Multiple Plants in a team can lead to misunderstandings, as many ideas are generated without sufficient discernment or the impetus to follow the ideas through to action. Plants can also create problems with the timing of their ideas. The fact that the team has decided on a valid way forward and is now in the implementation stage will not stop the Plant from coming up with new solutions and disrupting the implementation process.

From the bottom of my arsehole - just a piece of advice - if you're going to act like a smart ass, at least learn to do it properly. You make 0 rebuttals, your English is so shit I'm asking myself if we're even speaking the same language and you fail to listen to your own advice - people give you constructive advice and you act like you know better so I'll be back in 5 years to find out how you're doing.

I didn't google search anything in relation to fail dumbass - it doesn't take a genius to figure out people with creative ideas need to be brought back down to Earth with logic and reason, someone who can ensure regulation with framework and provide a voice of reason.

I *WAS* giving you constructive criticism. I was the one providing you with reasonable solutions to help your project but hey, since you're such a smart ass from now I'll only check in on this thread to insult you / laught at how badly you've failed. Mark my words, you will never ever find a investor for $40,000 or ANY amount with your current mindset.

AnnaJames12

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:18:31 AM

Do you have White Paper? I would like to know more about your plan month by month or quarterly. Development team only friends or not?
Crypto_Spike_Factor

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:08:54 AM

Im an experience network marketer whom work from home now. And with a variety of knowledge in the cryptocurrency space. Im a quality future partner/investor in the cryptoverse. Would love to hear your proposal. Dont mind to leave a message in the thought of your question. Thank you
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:32:58 PM

kindly don't reply again to this post as you are a negative malevolent person.
and good luck with your 2$ Pornhub accounts.

I'll post where I want - I'm not breaking any site rules. Your investors asked you for a white paper and you just came up with hypotheticals lmfao.

I've made over $300 from those $2 accounts so thanks, I plan to break the $500 mark this month with my Netflix method that is 100% legal whilst you struggle to get investors for your fake idea or get it started yourself - heck who says you need 40k? You can develop a POC - you can call me negative but facts are at the end of the day your a failure.

just change the word language with word syntax, its a mistake and I hope your arse is cool now.

My arse is always on fire cause of all the spicy food I eat - it's no biggie, I'm used to it - but you're still an idiot because SQL syntax doesn't vary from DB to DB - there are multiple ways of doing queries and they all depend whether your using the GUI, how your accessing the DB - the only difference depending on your DB configuration, you will need optimise your queries to reduce stress on the DB etc etc.

Clearly one of us knows what they're talking about & it's not you for sure lololol. How's that W3Schools tutorial on SQL working out for you Mr Expert? LOLOLOL

Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

Your project is still a failure......

Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 09:32:21 PM

Day xxxxxx still no investor hahahahaha

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: