Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About to open a storefront that will sell goods with crypto and ALT coins  (Read 479 times)
greenalliancegroup (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:11:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I want to get everyone take on this. I am planning to open up a store that will enable a customer to purchase items with any crypto currency. This store will be a physical location. Here are ideas I want to run through with bitcoin community.

I plan to sell physical goods like

Home and Gardening Items. Organic Nutrients Fertilizers
Clothing (T-Shirts Hanes, Fruit of Loom and so on)
Electronic Hardware equipment like SSD drives USB ports and other items.

Any online orders I will have a company like Amazon fulfill all the orders. So anyone can get there stuff in jiffy. You know its packed right and insured.

I also want to offer services like

exchanging bitcoin for ALT currencies
or
exchanging ALT currencies for BTC

I was thinking of getting the money transmitter laws in my states is to offer hashing power on exchange like CEX.IO. Then trade me the GHS for BTC.  I just can't afford a money transmitter license. I believe my state wants some crazy 100k surely bond with 1000$ app that non refundable. I believe MSB laws are just a big racket.

Also plan to have bi-weekly meet ups that discuss BTCs. Refreshments and everything is on the house.

Just want to get some feedback on it.

Also plan to have a huge sign hanging saying BTC Accepted) I was looking at a shop that right near a major highway where 1,000 cars pass an hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:18:56 AM

If I were you I would think again about the products you are going to offer. Gardening items and electronics do not have that much in common.
Also, except for the fact that you'll accept crypto and altcoins, what will differentiate you from other businesses in the area?
Where exactly do you plan on opening your shop?

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
greenalliancegroup (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:45:46 AM

My thinking is selling items that basic items that everyone needs to get. I can get them in large quantities from authorized distributors. For example everyone needs to get base nutrients for gardening. While everyone needs to get SSDs or HD drives or processors. I am close to George Washington Bridge 5 to 10 minutes away from New York City. Anyone needs specific item or items I will order directly from manufacturer or distributor. Giving them a discount if BTC is involved.

The biggest change up is offering BTCs in my area. Also items that are directly from the manufacturer with the option that you can order items at my store and have it delivered by Amazon. Making the customers life easy.

Oh yeah I want to be the first one in town to accept Crypto currencies. I plan to make a huge sign for BTC. I am looking at a store front that close to Turnpike where everyone has to take to get onto the bridge. We have about the very least 1000 cars pass by it everyday in 30 minutes to hour. I am going to make the sign light up like a christmas tree.

I plan to accept ALT currencies too. Although the ones with very very very low value like 1 coin equals .50 USD. I would charge a premium it due to flux of the markets.

I want to the person who passes by to go to work every morning to see that sign. I planning to put it in Red like McDonalds sign so you can't miss it. Also light it up like a Christmas Tree.

I want to hold meet ups at my shop for BTC bi-weekly. So to get more people involved. Loving crypto currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: