Bitcoin Forum
January 16, 2019, 09:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 6111 times)
facaxmcv5

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

I think it's very unlikely that crypto will replace fiat currency, fiat is easier to use as a payment medium and also has a more stable value. I am more confident that crypto will be used as an asset.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wendiar19

Activity: 377
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:54:38 AM

I don't think that is possible but in cryptocurrency this can actually happen if the cryptocurrency in the future can provide the best solution, it could happen.

darkr

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:31:28 AM

I think, sooner or later, the cryptocurrency will completely replace Fiat. I do not think that this will happen soon, but all the same.

No, fiat will live forever. Yes, the crypto can be easily used as an alternative currency in the most developed counties but traditional money will be needed all the time.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Farma
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:57:34 AM

I think, sooner or later, the cryptocurrency will completely replace Fiat. I do not think that this will happen soon, but all the same.

No, fiat will live forever. Yes, the crypto can be easily used as an alternative currency in the most developed counties but traditional money will be needed all the time.
well, but fiat will continue to be updated by the government, and of course fiat gets all the support from the community. crypto is indeed a very good development for now, but I think it will be difficult to replace the position of fiat.

────────────────Grabity───────────────
New Paradigm of Internet  ●  Innovation Public Blockchain
Homepage  I  Medium  I  Telegram  I  Youtube  I  Facebook  I  Twitter  I Github  I  Pre-sale
Buttermellow

Activity: 266
Merit: 5

"Mind Your Own Business"

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:18:48 AM

Bitcoin and fiat have different uses and I think fiat will never disappear because bitcoin, fiat will continue to exist and will remain in use as currency because its value is more stable. I think bitcoin will be used as an asset because it could be more profitable.
Yeah i agree with you on this. It is just people are overacting on the system that is being introduced nowadays and becoming trending all around the world. And because of this they had mixed up the use and function of decentralized currency and centralized currency.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.net          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
prokerduit

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

it seems like the problem is crime in cyberspace that will be faced if one day crypto is indeed negating flat. with crypto crime in cyberspace, people will not be able to catch up or track it because it will be difficult. but on the other hand all transactions can be done easily but hackers are rampant in my opinion.
Joewright91

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:48:46 AM

The day cryptocurrency replaces Fiat, is the day governments around the world unite under one global entity, and they digitize their Fiat currency while outlawing nongovernment backed crypto. Which is really the whole point behind crypto really.
alexsandria

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:46:31 PM

With the appearance of stable coins which many entities aim to introduce using popular blockchains like Stellar or Ethereum, we will start a new era of digital currencies, We know fiat won't last long.
Crypto will take many more years before it can able to replace fiat because many people in this world doesnt know yet what is crypto and how they can get a lot of money on it but when crypto is known all over the world no doubt it can replace fiat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▖
     ▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████▛
   ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▛
  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▛
 █████████▀                      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▖
████████▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████████▀
███████▌     ▟███████████████  ▐███████▌
███████     ▟████████████████  ▐███████▌
███████▌   ▟█████████████████   ████████▖
 ███████▄             ███████   ▐████████▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████    ▜██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ██████████████████████████     ▀███████████████████████▙
    ▀████████████████████████       ▀██████████████████████▙
      ▀▀█████████████████████         ▀▀████████████████████▙
Gric Coin

Redefining   
.Agricultural Practice and Increasing Food Production.
.▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

Fiat can't be replaced with the cryptocurrency but surely very soon we can see most of the companies will start accepting the cryptocurrency as another payment option. Blockchains are being implemented by many other big companies which will be giants in cryptocurrency markets.

Of course the country will do everything to make fiat continue to survive, even though the use of crypto continues to increase but I'm sure it will be something that cannot replace fiat.

Yes you are right, government are going to ban cryptocurrency if it will make the economy worse, that is the reason why bitcoins will not be able to replace fiat in the future.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:36:04 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
I do not think that it can outpower fiat in any way.Just look at the current state of cryptocurrency, cryptocurrency is down right now and it will be hard if we deal with too much volatility once it has replaced fiat. It will be difficult for people to spend money because its price is constantly changing.
BTC_BTC

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:00:15 PM

Your imagination no. is too wild.
do you think that crytptocurrency replaces our current payment currency?
I think it's impossible.
MarjorieZimmermanGinger

Activity: 518

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:17:04 PM

I think it's impossible.
that's exactly what you say, and of course the government will never be silent if its national currency is replaced with digital currency. because the national currency has become a symbol of the country

Btcepoy11

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

I think it's impossible.
Cryptocurrecy replacing fiat? Yes, but not at all. Some countries are using cryptocurrecy and the same time they use fiat money. But it is possible that cryptocurrecy will replace fiat, but not in our present time maybe in the future.
EddyGameta

Activity: 895
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:33:18 PM

It’s very difficult to replace fiat money, all fiat money has approval from the state government and fiat money in some countries is a sign of the country. If crypto can replace fiat money in the country then the country will lose its currency identity.
junglist.massive

Activity: 761

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:38:52 PM

Maybe it will happen on the upcomming future since crypto now are very popular it will be possible that fiat will replace crypto.
I don't think it will happen this days, for sure that it will happen but it will in the next coming decades and not by this time, it is too early to predict this time and to tell that, when we have seen that little by little those countries who banned it will eventually adopt this then for sure that it will also happen.
I don’t think it will happen even though some countries have adopted it. Because crypto will never be able to replace the fiat money that has been stable in the country and it’s a sign of the country and it has a name.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:26:28 PM

I believe that bitcoin will be difficult to replace fiat, this is because fiat transactions are faster and not dependent on internet access, besides that Fiat is also known to everyone so that it becomes easy to use compared to cryptocurrencies.

newbie-hero

Activity: 504

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:29:58 PM

It will be quite a very difficult thing for crypto to replace fiat.

It will not happen ever. The other thing is the cryptocurrency, which can be used everywhere - I think, this is more than possible. Digital money is very safe and fast.

jorgelugra

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

I think that crypto is the best way to earn money compared to fiat which is not so popular. To my mind, the only way to become rich is to get btc and ether and you will be able to earn good money

Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 392
Merit: 29

GigTricks

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:44:51 PM

As things are going, especially in the last period, there is no signal that can confirm that the crypto can replace the fiat, at least for a long time.
Then, everything is possible: we will see.
For the moment, it is something reserved for a micro elite.

yourialfa

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:48:00 PM

I think Crypto will never replace Fiat. Because after all Fiat is still very much needed and will not be replaced by Crypto. Crypto will always be there I think, but the place will not replace fiat and will be different. Fiat is something that I will not replace. Because some people still need fiat. That's just my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.