Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:29:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
wolfdragon

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:55:48 AM

I believe that bitcoin will be difficult to replace fiat, this is because fiat transactions are faster and not dependent on internet access, besides that Fiat is also known to everyone so that it becomes easy to use compared to cryptocurrency.

I agree to you,it is really impossible to replace now or in the near future but the possibility is always there. Maybe in the future if our technology will develop more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasternodeInvest

Activity: 315

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 11:56:47 AM

i dont' know if crypto replace fiat, but i'm sure that in 10 years more and more people buy btc and crypto, because fiat money are too inflationated!!
cudomixi

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:11:28 PM

In 10 years time, crypto will completely replace fiat
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:26:45 PM

I think not, fiat money will never be replaced by bitcoin.
because it is the tool we use for the current exchange, bitcoin is more suitable for the investment tool.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer and supported of cryptocurrencies, but on the flip-side of things, we can't disregard the fact that fiat money has been present for years. It has played a big role that really helped each country and their own business sectors grow, and so, it would be too farfetched and uncharacteristic that they would just set them aside for another currency that is at best has not proven its mettle just yet. Therefore, instead of replacing, I more so see it giving fiat money giving a run for its money by giving it good competition.
keninu

Activity: 314

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:39:38 PM

I never thought this would happen, Cryptocurrency will not replace Fiat in full. Forever Fiat will still exist even though Cryptocurrency will become a currency that is widely used by many countries. Cryptocurrency is present to provide convenience, but it can only be accessed by the internet and only modern people understand it, while traditional people will still use Fiat.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:13:27 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

In our generation time now both will exist  in the present. Fiat in physical money while crypto was in online transaction, meaning both will become helpful to every people who understand crypto and fiat of course. But for now I am a crypto fanatic where I can hade a chance to have a  fiat currency as well.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

For me, fiat is irreplaceable. Even in this modern or techy world, dont forget that, not everyone has the knowledge in using cryptocurrencies, especially the old ones, they prefer to use fiat than those digital ones.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:26:08 PM

Maybe the bitcoin will be able to replace the fiat, but it will still take a long time and in any case it will never succeed completely.
Using bitcoin implies a technology that is unlikely to be accessible to everyone.
Fiat is very important and all people in this world really needs fiat to survive,  but i can see that in the future crypto can alse be use as currency and there is no doubt that it can replace fiat when all countries will start to support cryptocurrency.

georgiasus

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:35:02 PM

I do not see any problems in resolving crypto currency, we are too attached to fiat. Why do we consider the rate of bitcoins in dollars. Than it is stipulated. Is it not clear that if this continues, we will never go over to the crypto currency
preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:24:08 PM

fiat still has a lot of enthusiasts and all those in their country must use fiat as a transaction and it will make bitcoin and other altcoins to compete, so there must be very important changes here

barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:40:04 PM

I can't say that Crypto completely replaces Fiat money today. because I think, there are certainly many factors that make crypto very difficult to replace the current fiat currency. as we know, there are still many people who do not understand technology, they still depend on fiat for daily activities. and there are still many people who do not believe in crypto. they are still afraid and consider fraud. and also factors from the government, there are still many countries whose governments do not legalize cryptocurrency. because the governments cannot control crypto. so I think it will definitely take a very long time, to say that crypto really replaces fiat currency.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:07:59 PM

Personally, I will never see this happen. Crypto will exist but fiat will exist as well. They will co-exist because they have different features.

We both need fiat and crypto. In my opinion, we can reap the benefits of both crypto and fiat so why any of the two should disappear?
Actually, there is a big chance that cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin will replace fiat but I think it takes time to wait and happen. As you can cryptocurrencies is keep on developing so that there are tendecy that it would happen in the near future. However, we should know that it is hard to happen simply because we cannot replace our traditional money.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:16:21 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

Let's suspend disbelief and just assume that there is indeed no more fiat. The government does not necessarily have to know your current holdings. It would really depend on what crypto is given sanction by the government. It's more likely that in this scenario, the government have it's own crypto and things would just run like it used to with fiat.
IriskaLate

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:31:19 PM

It's a bit unusual to imagine such a thing, so much we depend on paper money that you can touch with your hands. But it can happen and not so much to wait for - the process is already underway, and little by little cryptalts are beginning to take root in different spheres of life. In addition, the technology of blocking is closely connected with the crypto currency is also very in demand. Still it is possible to learn to earn кpиптoвaлютy - I for example participate in ico projects  Wink
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:48:54 PM

In 10 years time, crypto will completely replace fiat
In ten years we will also use fiat as we use it now. Crypto currency is not at all capable of replacing the usual currency, even if all states agreed to this. The Crypto currency would very quickly disregard the economy of each state, complete chaos would begin, after which people would return to the ordinary barter. However, no state will ever decide to replace the national currency of its country with the crypto currency. I am absolutely sure of this.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:09:06 PM

in my opinion it's better if bitcoin is used as a payment tool. if bitcoin replaces fiat money, the price will be more expensive, besides that people will be easier in all payments.
Bitcoin replaces fiat money will not happen in the next few years but requires a very long time.

Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:31:40 PM

There is actually a possibility of cryptocurrency like Bitcoin to replace fiat. But this tendency is very low because the government won't let it happen. They cannot just throw away their fiat which is part of national symbol for bitcoin which they don't even know the owner.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
nyobaanweh

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:35:34 PM

Crypto can not replace totally fiat money but it will go along way with fiat money , because cryptos can only be use in highly urbanized city,where  power and internet supply is adequate ,bur for fiat money it is still be used in urbanitic places especially the mountainous region fiat money is still effective.So I think crypto can not totally replace the fiat money.
Agniya

Activity: 282
Merit: 4

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:04:24 PM

I believe that someday it will happen. But not now. Not everyone is ready for this today.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:09:09 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 03:51:20 AM by Xenoph0bia

in my opinion it's better if bitcoin is used as a payment tool. if bitcoin replaces fiat money, the price will be more expensive, besides that people will be easier in all payments.
Bitcoin replaces fiat money will not happen in the next few years but requires a very long time.
We cannot predict the future but this can be possible not now but later in the future because the demand of cryptocurremcies has been rising day by day.Cryptos can ne considered as the modern day money because more and more people are enrolling themselves in digital currencies.Cryptos have several advantages over the normal fiat currency like faster transactions.One can store any amounts of cryptos in their respective electronic wallets and only yoi have the details.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: