Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin v2.0 Public Beta  (Read 6195 times)
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:14:30 PM

Sources will be available.

So far, there has been no indication of that.

You had soooo much insider information in the other bashing thread.

Actually, no, I didn't have and still don't have any reliable information, insider or otherwise.

Still, one has to wonder, why would one withhold sources, if not to hide something....

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:14:38 PM

I sure as hell won't be downloading a binary from someone who at least claims to know current botnet rental rates.
No thanks, I prefer to be in charge of my own computer.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:16:15 PM

You don't want to share your paypal login and password with Dear Leader of Solidcoin ?

You meanie.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:16:27 PM

Actually, no, I didn't have and still don't have any reliable information, insider or otherwise.

Still, one has to wonder, why would one withhold sources, if not to hide something....

Ah true, it was not you, but you could have asked your buddy  Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47135.0

I just say "7.7 mio coins"...
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:24:35 PM

I just say "7.7 mio coins"...

Those are quite in the open - relevant strings are in config, in fact Smiley and both source and config were available from moment of publication.

So no, I'm not hiding anything and am quite proud of my premine and the laundry idea.

Now, I assume CH is quite proud with his design, so why not show it's internals?

I mean, sure there are no parts that deserve to be hidden due to controversy or unsound design, no one actually believes such things to be possible...  Roll Eyes

Feed the Lolcust!
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:32:42 PM

Leg pulls aside, could someone please suggest a legitimate reason to conceal sources for "free" software of this kind ?

Feed the Lolcust!
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:39:30 PM

For me as a miner,the simple reason is that mining SC right now is certainly more profitable now as it is worth more and can be mined more easily for now.Should TBX increase at its time I will certainly think about going for it as another alternative.I actually mentioned in another thread was wondering if it was even possible to do merged mining via CPU only w/ Tenebrix and Solidcoin. ?

I guess I chose the right name when I signed up for this site,lol.

Spacy

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:40:36 PM

Leg pulls aside, could someone please suggest a legitimate reason to conceal sources for "free" software of this kind ?

If you don't like SC2, why don't you just ignore it completly? Maybe you have other interests?  Grin
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:49:10 PM

For me as a miner,the simple reason is that mining SC right now is certainly more profitable now as it is worth more and can be mined more easily for now.

Someone is selling Solidcoin 2 Public Beta coins for actual bitcoins ? :-/

If you don't like SC2, why don't you just ignore it completly? Maybe you have other interests?  Grin

I don't "dislike" it, but I am genuinely perplexed as to what legitimate reasons might one have for not releasing the source of a public beta.

If such reasons exist, it should not be that hard to make a convincing argument in favor of withholding the source code from potential users.

Feed the Lolcust!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:53:39 PM

I am of course biased, but I find lack of sources in Solidcoin beta  seriously worrisome and *wrong*.
Say what you want about premines, premined coins can't have potential to run arbitrary code on your box...

Sources will be available. Intelligent people understand, that you just spread FUD because you hope that TBX doesn't die... Why should people support a CPU-currency with 7M premined coins, when there is a better alternative?  Wink

Yep he is scared tenecrapix die now.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:55:08 PM

I am of course biased, but I find lack of sources in Solidcoin beta  seriously worrisome and *wrong*.
Say what you want about premines, premined coins can't have potential to run arbitrary code on your box...

Sources will be available. Intelligent people understand, that you just spread FUD because you hope that TBX doesn't die... Why should people support a CPU-currency with 7M premined coins, when there is a better alternative?  Wink

I am merely curious as to what reason one might have to hide the source code of the fruit of his labor Smiley

Feed the Lolcust!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:58:49 PM

I am merely curious as to what reason one might have to hide the source code of the fruit of his labor Smiley

So you cannot see how the 51% attack is prevented and bypass that protecshun !!!
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:04:40 PM

So you cannot see how the 51% attack is prevented and bypass that protecshun !!!

I hope you jest.

I also hope that if you said it seriously, that you are wrong, since it would be a horrible shame if the network of SC2 depends on Security through obscurity

Feed the Lolcust!
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:05:12 PM

To hide the fact that a 51% attack can not be prevented without altering SolidCoin from a peer to peer currency to a centrally controlled one. To prevent SolidCoin users from seeing just how much power CoinHunter now has over every single client and every single transaction.

Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:12:48 PM

Now come on, there must be a non-nefarious reason for withholding the sources, I'm sure it will soon become apparent.

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:14:12 PM

Now come on, there must be a non-nefarious reason for withholding the sources, I'm sure it will soon become apparent.

It's because of all the trojans and wallet stealers included Smiley
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:15:56 PM

You know there isn't.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:17:43 PM

It's because of all the trojans and wallet stealers included Smiley

No, I'm sure something benign is at hand, it just has to be...explained. However the nature of this phenomenon necessitating source concealment intrigues me, hence my inquiry

Feed the Lolcust!
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:25:42 PM

You know there isn't.

Nobody here knows anything, except that the source has not been released.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:29:19 PM

coinotron now states that is supports sc in test mode, but my workers cant connect there
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: