Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:46:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
gamefixer

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:48:31 PM

FWIW, my pool isnt reporting what I would think the speed of two of these devices should be. Two of them have been hashing for close to 30 minutes and my pool is reporting 225-250khs.

Any ideas? I wouldnt have to open a CPUminer instance for EACH miner would I? I might try that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamefixer

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

Not trying to muck this thread up with post after post but I think this is good information.

I opened two instances of CPUminer (one each for the two grids that I have connected right now) and both are reporting speeds above 300khs. So without the controller I'm going to have to open 11 instances of the program. LOL!
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 04:25:34 PM

Any reason why you're not shipping internationally?

Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 04:28:08 PM

I am running mine at a frequency of 800 and it is doing just fine.

It is currently hashing at a little over 400Khs.

Tho the CPUMINER software does not report my hashrate, I just check the pool.

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
gamefixer

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:45:40 PM

I am running mine at a frequency of 800 and it is doing just fine.

It is currently hashing at a little over 400Khs.

Tho the CPUMINER software does not report my hashrate, I just check the pool.

800 huh? I suppose in single mode heat isn't an issue. I plan on putting a Kill-a-watt on the rig once I get it all put together.
Zoomhash (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:32:48 PM

Any reason why you're not shipping internationally?

These things do not have CE or FCC certifications.

If you want to risk custom seizures, sure thing. Just pay with bitcoins Tongue. But my advice is to wait for those certifications. We will let you know when we get them Smiley.

gamefixer

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

so my earlier observation of modifying the com port string "gc3355=COM3:4" etc... only seems to start the first miner. I've also noted that each miner is pulling about 50 watts from the wall so no where near the 7 thats claimed. Although this might be because the miners are in dual mode even though CPUminer claims that they are in single mode.

I'll know better when the controller comes in and they are mining through it and not CPUminer.  Grin
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:33:51 PM

so my earlier observation of modifying the com port string "gc3355=COM3:4" etc... only seems to start the first miner. I've also noted that each miner is pulling about 50 watts from the wall so no where near the 7 thats claimed. Although this might be because the miners are in dual mode even though CPUminer claims that they are in single mode.

I'll know better when the controller comes in and they are mining through it and not CPUminer.  Grin

Yes, please let us know. Smiley
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:36:22 PM

If you are running these in CPUminer then you need to run a separate instance of CPUminer for each com port.
CSM00

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:50:51 PM

Just wanted to post that my order was delivered as expected with no issues
gamefixer

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:40:37 PM

If you are running these in CPUminer then you need to run a separate instance of CPUminer for each com port.

Yeah, I found that out. Still, not sure why they are pulling 50+ watts each instead of the 7 watts as advertised. I assume that because I'm missing the actual controller the device is coming up in dual mode. At least thats the assumption right now.

One more thing. Win7 doesnt want to play nice with any of these miners above single digit com port numbers. COM1 - COM9 its OK with buet any miners COM10 and above CPU miner fails to open the port. Maybe thats a drawback in CPUminer?

Oh well, off to frys to go and buy an SSD for another project!!!

Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:45:15 PM

Yeah, I found that out. Still, not sure why they are pulling 50+ watts each instead of the 7 watts as advertised. I assume that because I'm missing the actual controller the device is coming up in dual mode. At least thats the assumption right now.

One more thing. Win7 doesnt want to play nice with any of these miners above single digit com port numbers. COM1 - COM9 its OK with buet any miners COM10 and above CPU miner fails to open the port. Maybe thats a drawback in CPUminer?

It seems to be a issue with these devices being controlled by a computer. We should be getting in more controllers with newer software taht can make it LTC mode much easier.
gamefixer

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:52:15 PM

It seems to be a issue with these devices being controlled by a computer. We should be getting in more controllers with newer software taht can make it LTC mode much easier.

FWIW, I spoke with another miner friend of mine and he told me that CPUminer does not support double digit com ports. So thats the COM port issue. Coming up in dual mode even seems to be something else.
gamefixer

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

at this point a controller would be REAL nice. Smiley

I had to spread these miners amongst three computers since I only had a few lower COM ports available on each.
Bajawah

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:41:27 PM

Honest question,

This is not meant to be an attack or disrespectful.

Why are you marking this up almost double?

We know they are not vaporware at this point and the only hassle with getting them out of China is paying a courier.

Unless I am unaware of a substantial cost (possible!) to get them out of China, this is a hell of a markup.

It is faster from you of course; but still.

I'm in USA if that matters for tax reasons.

*EDIT*

Sorry, your ebay was $312 where as your store is $250. Question still stands, but obviously not as unclear now.

From Gridseed themselves :

200-499 units: 160 USD /unit

500-999 units: 158 USD /unit

1000+ units: 155 USD /unit

For Controller, we suggest 1 controller for 10-15 units. The price is 67

USD/1 controller.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:09:15 AM

1. What kind of PSU do you need to run these? Please guide where to find this info.
2. Does it come with the dc adapter?

In simple words, what all accessories do I need to start mining with this machine.

gamefixer

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:42:12 AM

Question for those of you that have a controller for these things....

Have you verified power usage when running in single mode? I've got 6 of these in an enclosure running CPUminer to mine and they all went into an over heat/shut down while mining LTC ONLY. Thats kinda lame. The other three are out on a workbench and they seem to be OK. Only three of them have reached over 300khs and this is clocked at 800 mghz.

I'm sure the controller is the "missing link" here but I'd really like it if they worked better without a controller.

Oh well, price one pays for getting in on new tech.  Cheesy
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:52:09 AM

Have you verified power usage when running in single mode? I've got 6 of these in an enclosure running CPUminer to mine and they all went into an over heat/shut down while mining LTC ONLY. Thats kinda lame. The other three are out on a workbench and they seem to be OK. Only three of them have reached over 300khs and this is clocked at 800 mghz.

I'm sure the controller is the "missing link" here but I'd really like it if they worked better without a controller.

You might want to disassemble the overheating units to verify that the thermal pad is making contact with the chips. Someone reported that the fan wires managed to get wedged between the chip and pad. The other thing to keep in mind is that the units won't be necessarily stable at 800 MHz.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
gamefixer

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:15:30 AM

You might want to disassemble the overheating units to verify that the thermal pad is making contact with the chips. Someone reported that the fan wires managed to get wedged between the chip and pad. The other thing to keep in mind is that the units won't be necessarily stable at 800 MHz.

I've made it a habit to take EVERYTHING I get for mining apart to inspect it before I power it up. All the Avalons I bought had loose screws, all the Antminers I bought had loose screws and even these Gridseeds had loose screws. I did make sure that fan wires were not pinched and that the thermal pads all look like they are where they should be. Only one of them was obviously out of place and I found that before I powered it up.

My problem with not running these at 800 MHz is that this is the ONLY way I've been able to get a few of them to reach above 300khs's. One of them is sitting at under 100 right now.

Piss poor....

I'm curious to know if people with controllers are getting different results.
gamefixer

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:17:24 AM

right now I have 10 miners doing 2.06 Khs.... Ugh...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: