Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
Zoomhash (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:09:37 AM

just ordered 2 of these from batch 5 as a test...  will report back when i have them in hand and hashing away. if all works out well i will definitely be buying more!
Hey massnerder, I remember you from the old terrahash days! lol  Yes I am ordering 1 today, just trying to be clear on what I will need. what are you using to power yours?

Hey MMNC!  ahhh yes the old days of several months ago  Wink  lol

That whole debacle is why I only ordered 2, I figured I could compare them with one of my 7950s, and as long as I actually get the hardware this time (and it looks like I will, quite quickly, looking at other comments in this thread), getting more of these should end up being a no brainer. Hoping it works out better here than that one did for us both!

For now I just got the cheap power supply units suggested on the zoomhash page via ebay. If I get more of these I will probably go with the pci-e to 3 male plug adapters. I don't have the link offhand but they are available through someone here on bitcointalk. A quick google for gridseed configuration should bring you right to it.
Hey link me to the cheap power supply they refer to, as I don't see it lol,,,, maybe just getting old and blind Smiley I have plenty of atx PSU's and will do what you are saying with the pci e later on. Ok, link me to the power supply if ya don't mind Smiley

PS: and yes I'm going to start slow and order 1 first this time  Wink learned the hard way didn't we

With the reputation zoomhash has built up sofar I am very hopeful...  only time will tell.

I ordered my 2 units earlier today and now see the web page says sold out! Will be watching for my tracking info tomorrow.

Sent you a PM with the link

Smiley. Batch 6 is up. Batch 5 sold out very quickly. We can't wait to stock individual power supplies and psu cords. Also, the raspberrpi might be able to control up to 24 units and its cheaper than the controller. Stay tuned Smiley.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alexuk

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:22:41 AM

FYI

A Raspberry PI image has been released here:

http://minereu.com
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:28:00 AM

just ordered 2 of these from batch 5 as a test...  will report back when i have them in hand and hashing away. if all works out well i will definitely be buying more!
Hey massnerder, I remember you from the old terrahash days! lol  Yes I am ordering 1 today, just trying to be clear on what I will need. what are you using to power yours?

Hey MMNC!  ahhh yes the old days of several months ago  Wink  lol

That whole debacle is why I only ordered 2, I figured I could compare them with one of my 7950s, and as long as I actually get the hardware this time (and it looks like I will, quite quickly, looking at other comments in this thread), getting more of these should end up being a no brainer. Hoping it works out better here than that one did for us both!

For now I just got the cheap power supply units suggested on the zoomhash page via ebay. If I get more of these I will probably go with the pci-e to 3 male plug adapters. I don't have the link offhand but they are available through someone here on bitcointalk. A quick google for gridseed configuration should bring you right to it.
Hey link me to the cheap power supply they refer to, as I don't see it lol,,,, maybe just getting old and blind Smiley I have plenty of atx PSU's and will do what you are saying with the pci e later on. Ok, link me to the power supply if ya don't mind Smiley

PS: and yes I'm going to start slow and order 1 first this time  Wink learned the hard way didn't we

With the reputation zoomhash has built up sofar I am very hopeful...  only time will tell.

I ordered my 2 units earlier today and now see the web page says sold out! Will be watching for my tracking info tomorrow.

Smiley. Batch 6 is up. Batch 5 sold out very quickly. We can't wait to stock individual power supplies and psu cords. Also, the raspberrpi might be able to control up to 24 units and its cheaper than the controller. Stay tuned Smiley.

Hey gang, would this this PSU work for a single grid in dual mining mode? I cant tell if the barrel on this is the correct specs though. Opinions welcome or a link to one that will work and get here in time! lol or Ill need to order or buy the mail adapter plugs and tie in to old ATX psu.

http://www.habeyusa.com/products/pw-12v402-12v-5a-dc-power-adapter-with-power-cord-ul-certified/#Menu=ChildMenu0

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:33:48 AM

Hey massnerder, I remember you from the old terrahash days! lol  Yes I am ordering 1 today, just trying to be clear on what I will need. what are you using to power yours?

PS: and yes I'm going to start slow and order 1 first this time  Wink learned the hard way didn't we

With the reputation zoomhash has built up sofar I am very hopeful...  only time will tell.

Hey gang, would this this PSU work for a single grid in dual mining mode? I cant tell if the barrel on this is the correct specs though. Opinions welcome or a link to one that will work and get here in time! lol or Ill need to order or buy the mail adapter plugs and tie in to old ATX psu.

http://www.habeyusa.com/products/pw-12v402-12v-5a-dc-power-adapter-with-power-cord-ul-certified/#Menu=ChildMenu0

you need to find out if it is center positive and that it is either 2.1mmx 5.5 or 2.5 x 5.5 end.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

you need to find out if it is center positive and that it is either 2.1mmx 5.5 or 2.5 x 5.5 end.
ok, thx, and we are needing the 2.5mm or 2.1 .... now I'm confused lol

gamefixer

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:44:46 AM

One of the images shows it to be center positive but it doesnt say the size. Also, 60 watts is right at where these things run in dual mode so its probably going to get pretty hot pretty fast.
gamefixer

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:45:30 AM

I use 2.1 although 2.5 will work.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:50:39 AM

I use 2.1 although 2.5 will work.
Oh I see, no wonder I was getting mixed up (either size will work) lol. So a 60 watt will be tight on power draw. k, Ill keep looking as I do want to try to set up dual of course. When I go for the big order of grids I plan to get some 3-ways from cablez.  Wink
THX!

kdhsi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:21:58 AM

These asics have own risks - if difficulty starts to grow exponentially, as with bitcoins, they'll never going to get to break-even.

Even with current difficulty it will take almost 7 months to get to break-even (http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator), but guess what happens when they start delivery en mass and prices drops too? And right now it looks like some sort of school project - no documentation for device that potentially overtakes a hundred mil GPUs market for scrypt? Either somebody doesn't want to give away information, or knows something that better not to document.

So difficulty should not exceed 7000 by year end to get devices to break-even (if exchange rate stays the same of course).
Or exchange rate should continue to grow along with difficulty (best scenario), but unfortunately there is no way to hedge against changes in exchange rate.
It would be nice to be able to sell bunch of futures contracts on LTC, but none available afaik Smiley

GPUs, on other hand, won't be worthless even if whole things collapses tomorrow.

There are benefits, of course - electricity bill, maintenance supposedly much better. But I think changes are close to zero there will be second-hand market for these devices Smiley 
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:36:24 AM

These asics have own risks - if difficulty starts to grow exponentially, as with bitcoins, they'll never going to get to break-even.

Even with current difficulty it will take almost 7 months to get to break-even (http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator), but guess what happens when they start delivery en mass and prices drops too? And right now it looks like some sort of school project - no documentation for device that potentially overtakes a hundred mil GPUs market for scrypt? Either somebody doesn't want to give away information, or knows something that better not to document.

So difficulty should not exceed 7000 by year end to get devices to break-even (if exchange rate stays the same of course).
Or exchange rate should continue to grow along with difficulty (best scenario), but unfortunately there is no way to hedge against changes in exchange rate.
It would be nice to be able to sell bunch of futures contracts on LTC, but none available afaik Smiley

GPUs, on other hand, won't be worthless even if whole things collapses tomorrow.

There are benefits, of course - electricity bill, maintenance supposedly much better. But I think changes are close to zero there will be second-hand market for these devices Smiley 
Yep same questions as when asics took over BTC,,,, it seems to work itself out.. Most of us are looking for the scrypt mining and FINALLY some relief in the electric bill! lol or at least that's my goal Smiley But having he BTC dual mining options makes it all the more interesting to Smiley

IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:20:20 AM

Zoomhash is there any firmware updates for these? Seems weird to have 2 that run so differently.
surgexvb

Activity: 445

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:59:53 AM

FYI

A Raspberry PI image has been released here:

http://minereu.com

+1 for the Rasberry Pi.  Throw your controller away and use one.  I have 24 running at the moment off one Pi.  Working great so far.  Plus it's so cute!

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:24:55 PM

ordered 60 units. knew i wasnt going to get power supplies but i got no barrel plugs at all.

I am pretty annoyed right about now. I already ordered them off amazon seeing as i refuse to wait for new barrel plugs to get shipped from china.
(My order got shipped from china not california...)

I had to spend 120$ for 60 barrel plug cords also i cant mine with them in the mean time. I hope zoomhash will rectify the situation to the best of his ability.

PS: this morning i wake up to my phone ringing at about 8 am cause fedex is calling trying to figure out my address due to the fact they were only given a partial by the shipper...

Overall disappointed in the results of the chinese factory. Seems like they could put in a little more effort.
gamefixer

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:35:24 PM

ordered 60 units. knew i wasnt going to get power supplies but i got no barrel plugs at all.

I am pretty annoyed right about now. I already ordered them off amazon seeing as i refuse to wait for new barrel plugs to get shipped from china.

I had to spend 120$ for 60 barrel plug cords also i cant mine with them in the mean time. I hope zoomhash will rectify the situation to the best of his ability.

PS: this morning i wake up to my phone ringing at about 8 am cause fedex is calling trying to figure out my address due to the fact they were only given a partial by the shipper...

Overall disappointed in the results of the chinese factory. Seems like they could put in a little more effort.

I can tell you that Zoom has been SUPER quick to rectify issues I've had with items missing from shipping (oddly enough all from China too, hmm).

60 will make a nice little farm. You going to run them in single or dual mode? I just got done taking 12 off of a controller and putting them on a Win7 box. LTC only, no fans... Cool and quiet. Smiley
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

I can tell you that Zoom has been SUPER quick to rectify issues I've had with items missing from shipping (oddly enough all from China too, hmm).

60 will make a nice little farm. You going to run them in single or dual mode? I just got done taking 12 off of a controller and putting them on a Win7 box. LTC only, no fans... Cool and quiet. Smiley

Gonna have 80 total. Running LTC only. I would run dual mode for the next difficulty adjustment but i just dont have the power i need for that.

I was a little angry before. I know zoom will make right by it.

I also know its on the factory in china and not on him personally.(sorry if i made it seem that way)

60 of 80. Only 35 running cause i only had 15 spare barrel plugs and 20 from my last set.

Number6

Activity: 490
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:46:36 PM

Zoom, can I get a update or tracking number on order# 1526?

Thanks

BTC:   18jdvLeM6r943eUY4DEC5B9cQZPuDyg4Zn     LTC:   LeBh9akQ3RwxwpUU6pJQ9YGs9PrC1Zc9BK
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:51:31 PM

Gonna have 80 total. Running LTC only. I would run dual mode for the next difficulty adjustment but i just dont have the power i need for that.

I was a little angry before. I know zoom will make right by it.

I also know its on the factory in china and not on him personally.(sorry if i made it seem that way)

60 of 80. Only 35 running cause i only had 15 spare barrel plugs and 20 from my last set.

Can you post more details about your setup? What hubs are you using, how much hash are you averaging per device, and what you are using as an controller.
Thank you!
gamefixer

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:01:11 PM

Can you post more details about your setup? What hubs are you using, how much hash are you averaging per device, and what you are using as an controller.
Thank you!

I'm curious about the controller too.

I've had zero luck with the controller that came with these things from Zoom. I had to put them all on PC's.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:41:26 PM

I ordered an ASIC that was promised to ship today.

I got a tracking number today.

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:09:20 PM

Zoomhash the batman of hashes happens again. I ordered 2 I have tracking on 2 items. The man is the most honest person I have ever dealt with. The right price and honesty what more could you ask for.

Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: