Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:57:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
WTParker2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:39:22 AM

I am designing a cooling solution for these GridSeed miners so you can mine SHA and Scrypt without these noisy fans. I do custom PC builds and welding. My neighbor is a genius with HVAC and cooling controls.
Maybe a modular design to fit 10 miners that is stack-able and scale-ability and "water-less" design. But if it should require a fan, it will be speed controlled and as silent as possible. So you should be able to display them or throw them in the closet for more space in your computer room (I know I need more space).
Living in Texas will soon be a nightmare on my ability to keep these little guys cool.
Maybe I can get them down cool enough that a little "overclocking" would pay for the added cost.
What would be an acceptable cost for a cooling solution for 10 miners? Kinda like a DIY kit that you put together yourself. $200 for a simple kit all the way up to say $500 for a complete kit? Ballpark range would be good.

FYI, I bought my 10 from ZoomHash and your purchase is safe with this guy. 100% Respected seller. Once I mine more coin, I am buying another 10.

Also, if you are having a miner that is a little warmer than it should be and you can hear the fan cut off for a split second, the miner has overheated and went into fail-safe mode. It is still on but not hashing.
I have 1 that is doing that and I know exactly why. The bottom half heat sink (the part that you screw onto the board and physically touches the miner cores) is too tall by about 4 mm to 5 mm and the solid center section of the heat sink never touches the cores. So no heat is actually transferred to the heat sink. This overheating only occurs when dual mining. I can only assume when the temp rises in the room, that particular GridSeed with have lots of failures and heat issues unless I get a replacement from ZoomHash.

Hey, ZoomHash, can I get a new miner that is not going to overheat? I don't need any other pieces.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:19:27 AM

For you to buy controller with 5 someone has to buy 5 with no controller Tongue

Sorry.

Do you guys sell any accessories to power them? I just bought two from you guys to play with.
I have plenty of Linux box's to use as host but don't really have time to be splicing open power cables and such Lol

Greg
Zoomhash (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:07:45 AM

For you to buy controller with 5 someone has to buy 5 with no controller Tongue

Sorry.

Do you guys sell any accessories to power them? I just bought two from you guys to play with.
I have plenty of Linux box's to use as host but don't really have time to be splicing open power cables and such Lol

Greg

We will get power cables ETA 2-3 days.
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

I am designing a cooling solution for these GridSeed miners so you can mine SHA and Scrypt without these noisy fans. I do custom PC builds and welding. My neighbor is a genius with HVAC and cooling controls.
Maybe a modular design to fit 10 miners that is stack-able and scale-ability and "water-less" design. But if it should require a fan, it will be speed controlled and as silent as possible. So you should be able to display them or throw them in the closet for more space in your computer room (I know I need more space).
Living in Texas will soon be a nightmare on my ability to keep these little guys cool.
Maybe I can get them down cool enough that a little "overclocking" would pay for the added cost.
What would be an acceptable cost for a cooling solution for 10 miners? Kinda like a DIY kit that you put together yourself. $200 for a simple kit all the way up to say $500 for a complete kit? Ballpark range would be good.

FYI, I bought my 10 from ZoomHash and your purchase is safe with this guy. 100% Respected seller. Once I mine more coin, I am buying another 10.

Also, if you are having a miner that is a little warmer than it should be and you can hear the fan cut off for a split second, the miner has overheated and went into fail-safe mode. It is still on but not hashing.
I have 1 that is doing that and I know exactly why. The bottom half heat sink (the part that you screw onto the board and physically touches the miner cores) is too tall by about 4 mm to 5 mm and the solid center section of the heat sink never touches the cores. So no heat is actually transferred to the heat sink. This overheating only occurs when dual mining. I can only assume when the temp rises in the room, that particular GridSeed with have lots of failures and heat issues unless I get a replacement from ZoomHash.

Hey, ZoomHash, can I get a new miner that is not going to overheat? I don't need any other pieces.

Email mcao@zoomhash.com with your order # and we will give you an RMA for you to return to the USA not China Cheesy. We will overnight you a new one. Thanks!
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:10:11 AM

@zoomhash

so we cant pre order on your site?
It just forces you to remove the gridseeds from the shopping cart... so if you happen to have any more laying around please please PM me. Thank you.

Try again now. Replenished stock. We are selling fast :X
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:10:47 AM

Hey Zoom, any difference in terms of speed/stability using the Gridseed controller?

Not that I am aware of.

Guys, I might be able to clear out all my orders by Friday. We have a huge boat load of asics coming early Cheesy. All batches will get theres shipped 4-14 days early!

Can I get some love?

Does that mean that you will propably ship tomorrow if I order a few more $215 ones right now?

Yes Smiley.

Zoom I still don't have a tracking number, it wouldn't be a big deal but I need to be at my buddies house to pick these up so they don't get stolen  Wink.

Sending you a PM now.
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:01:48 AM

Hey Zoom, any difference in terms of speed/stability using the Gridseed controller?

Not that I am aware of.

Guys, I might be able to clear out all my orders by Friday. We have a huge boat load of asics coming early Cheesy. All batches will get theres shipped 4-14 days early!

Can I get some love?

Does that mean that you will propably ship tomorrow if I order a few more $215 ones right now?

Yes Smiley.

Zoom I still don't have a tracking number, it wouldn't be a big deal but I need to be at my buddies house to pick these up so they don't get stolen  Wink.

Sending you a PM now.

You the man!
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:15:11 AM

Not that I am aware of.

Can I get some love?

Yes Smiley.

Sending you a PM now.

You the man!

I only had your friend's  email listed for the tracking. Also, you ordered 30+10 right? not 40+10
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:18:44 AM

As my earlier PM didn't work. Do not spam me 7 times. Please. That I post in other threads is no open invitation for you to harass me with messages.
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:20:42 AM

Not that I am aware of.

Can I get some love?

Yes Smiley.

Sending you a PM now.

You the man!

I only had your friend's  email listed for the tracking. Also, you ordered 30+10 right? not 40+10

Yes, 30+10. Sorry about that number.  If that tracking is accurate that is some damn fast shipping.  Grin
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:21:02 PM

Tracking just re updated. Its actual not that quick shipping. Said it would be here on the 18th and I paid on the 11th. So about 1 week from order to door. Will update if anything changes.
WTParker2

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:33:22 PM

If you ordered ANYTHING from China it takes a month or 2 to get anywhere in the US.
The fact it takes a week to get here, is amazing to most people (myself included).
Then again when I tracked who it actually came from and what as listed on the customs manifest, I know why it only stays in customs for a few hours and why there is no customs fee.
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:36:35 PM

anyone from Europe that received their Batch 5 gridseeds so far? my usps tracking status hasn't updated at all so far so I am wondering if someone else can inform me about where they propably are at the moment.
WTParker2

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

ZoomHash, Bitcoin payment sent on 3 more miners. Order# 1790. I assume since this an order less than 10, it will ship from you in LA? If so, could you please include 3 barrel connectors and USB cords? The green barrels with the screw terminals just like the last order would be awesome!

As far as the RMA on the other miner, I would like to keep it working. If you could send a replacement along with the new order, I will send the old one back to your address with an RMA number. Or I will just find a machine shop to cut the fins down so it sits flush with the core. Your call.
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:14:08 PM

If you ordered ANYTHING from China it takes a month or 2 to get anywhere in the US.
The fact it takes a week to get here, is amazing to most people (myself included).
Then again when I tracked who it actually came from and what as listed on the customs manifest, I know why it only stays in customs for a few hours and why there is no customs fee.

I don't necessarily agree that ordering from china takes a month or 2 but it does take a while.  I'm just hoping next time I order I will be able to get some devices from his local batch.  Since I sold my 3.8mhs rigs to buy these I've been low on hash for several days already.  Was hoping it would arrive today or tomorrow.  Really need to get back up and running. lol
WTParker2

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:36:19 PM

Usually he only ships the individual miners from LA. The bulk packs have the accessories to get you most of the way setup (no Power Supply for the miners).
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 06:34:55 PM

I looked at the website, and its in the valley? Not LA?

zeetak

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:58:46 PM

I just got my 50pack from china, but they came with microusb (not miniusb, which is what the miners actually take!) and no power cables. I saw that you had power cables coming, but what is the ETA on those? i've got 50 expensive paperweights sitting here...
IchibahnSLC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:31:03 PM

I just got my 50pack from china, but they came with microusb (not miniusb, which is what the miners actually take!) and no power cables. I saw that you had power cables coming, but what is the ETA on those? i've got 50 expensive paperweights sitting here...

How long did yours take to get to you and where are you located out of curiosity?
sang

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

Just want to leave a note that Zoomhash has been an excellent seller in my experience. I have completed 3 transactions so far with them and all we're delivered on time and as promised. Excellent communication and willingness to work on price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: