Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

Avalon...should we trust them...again...?... Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legions36

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

Can u guys answer this question will u guys even make your ROI with these units? And if u feel that can u explain how this will be possible? Not sure i have a reason to buy these guys if they wont give u back your ROI? Not questioning them just want to know what u guys think about this.
winter
Legendary

Activity: 1338
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:12:59 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 12:27:04 AM by winter

Can u guys answer this question will u guys even make your ROI with these units? And if u feel that can u explain how this will be possible? Not sure i have a reason to buy these guys if they wont give u back your ROI? Not questioning them just want to know what u guys think about this.

If you where to base it on ROI today then this is your info you should look at

1 Litecoin = $19.32 @ current time 7:56pm est

if you are running 350KH at the current DIFF : 5162.39593538 = 0.48 LTC per week
so what would u make per week at this diff : 0.48 LTC = $9.34559 USD
so lets do the math price of this device is : $235
you get 0.48 a week for a total of $9.35 divide that by $235 and you get 25 weeks for ROI
now again this can change with price increase or lower diff but these are factors you will have to take in to count for your self
you also will need to do the cost of the elec per week to run the device. .12 cents a week or so all depends on what your elec cost
so 25+ weeks to ROI sounds like a fun fun time.

just a few bit's for everyone
i'm not saying don't buy what you want to buy but just have some facts about what in time you should gain

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:20:29 AM

if you are running 350KH at the current DIFF : 5162.39593538 = 0.48 LTC per week
you get 0.48 a week for a total of $9.35 divide that by $235 and you get 25 weeks for ROI
now again this can change with price increase or lower diff but these are factors you will have to take in to count for your self
you also will need to do the cost of the elec per week to run the device. .50 cents to $1.00 a week ?

i'm not saying don't buy what you want to buy but just have some facts about what in time you should gain

Electric is $0.51 per month per device in scrypt mode.   $0.77 with cooling and overhead.  At $0.12 per Kwh
Double it to 25 cents a Kwh you are at $1.08 x $1.62 a MONTH

Check the math .006Kw x 24 hours x 365 days / 12 months * KWH rate = monthly

Not $1 a week.  I pay way more to get space for these than for power.  I'm planning to rip off most of the heatsink and fans and cut the size down.

winter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:25:46 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 12:37:18 AM by winter

sorry i was just giving a est on the cost of elec. i was not really doing the math on the .006kw itself but as you did the math then i will add that to the total.

even with that price its still 25 weeks roi

yes so 1 month running in my apt would cost $1.00 a month to run
Legions36

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:47:20 AM

you also will need to do the cost of the elec per week to run the device. .12 cents a week or so all depends on what your elec cost

Ok lets take this a step further. Because u can now purchase these guys with cc's, I have zero interest cards that i could by these guys with but i would not otherwise invested my own cash for them. I also have enough cash to back me up to pay them back anyway. Now what would a guy like me do here, i pretty much don't feel like invest my own money into buying coins. Now does that make it better?
Thanks for your help on this BTW.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:51:16 AM

Ok lets take this a step further. Because u can now purchase these guys with cc's, I have zero interest cards that i could by these guys with but i would not otherwise invested my own cash for them. I also have enough cash to back me up to pay them back anyway. Now what would a guy like me do here, i pretty much don't feel like invest my own money into buying coins. Now does that make it better?
Thanks for your help on this BTW.

What is your power costs? 

How much space do you have?

How much power do you have?

What is the climate/seasons where you live?

Do you believe there will be a third GPU wave (Bitcoin/Litecoin & Alt Coin/ Huh) or do you believe GPU's are done mining?

Can you get or do you have cheap supporting hardware lying around?

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

Sorry to say it guys, but I think the days of buying a machine that will ROI in 3 months are long gone.
winter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:16:27 AM

Sorry to say it guys, but I think the days of buying a machine that will ROI in 3 months are long gone.

^^ yup yup its soooo true
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:30:19 AM

I factor in the return on my other rigs paying these off for me, so if your already mining and can take a few week hit letting your other rigs work to pay these off you'll be fine
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:47:08 AM

I factor in the return on my other rigs paying these off for me, so if your already mining and can take a few week hit letting your other rigs work to pay these off you'll be fine

You are right ...So called "dividends reinvestment" ...
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:03:04 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think you'll be fine with these either way. Look at other scrypt ASICs. They aren't cheaper, don't use less power, and won't be at your door anytime soon because they don't technically exist yet. So even when the others do come out none of them are offering any serious advantage over these that we can get right now. Gridseed the clear winner IMHO Grin
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:16:46 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think you'll be fine with these either way. Look at other scrypt ASICs. They aren't cheaper, don't use less power, and won't be at your door anytime soon because they don't technically exist yet. So even when the others do come out none of them are offering any serious advantage over these that we can get right now. Gridseed the clear winner IMHO Grin

Absolutely!  A GridSeed will return way more than a Unicron (Hashfast/BFL/avalon/flower/scryptasicinternational/etc.) any day of the week!

If you can't run GPU's and want to mine scrypt these things are the way to go.  Unlike a lot of other hardware you really should plan to run these in a closet for 1 year or more.  At 6 watts it's hard to lose money paying for electric with these.

EDIT: For those who don't know I refer to ASICs as Unicrons since I sell Unicorns Smiley

EasyQuest

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

I am here to support zoomhash. I received 10 from them on the 17th of March. I order on the 10th so 7 days FROM china.

Here are my pictures.
===================

PS. I am getting 20 more already shipped and planning another larger order soon...
ilovethebtc

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:31:37 AM

Overall my experience with Zoomhash has been a nightmare so far.  I have had several issues with my orders.  Here is the timeline of events:

Ordered 20 Gridseed miners off Ebay on 3/6 and paid via papal immediately.
Didn't get any communication at all from Zoomhash so I messaged them on 3/11 asking about the status of my order.  They said there was a delay in shipping because they were scared of Ebay fraud, but told me I was going to get a partial refund for the delay.  They said my order would ship out the next day.  At this point I cut a deal to buy 40 more Gridseed units via BTC.  
One of my orders shipped out on 3/12 and the other one on 3/13, both from China.  I received all 60 units on 3/17.
My order only came with 40 USB cables instead of 60 so now I have 20 miners just sitting around.  Also one of my units has an incorrect female power port so I cant fit a barrel connector in it.
I sent a PM to Zoomhash on 3/17 explaining the issues with my orders and that I did not yet receive the partial refund they originally promised for my Ebay order.  
Shortly after I receive a PM from someone working at Zoomhash for my BTC address so I gave it to them and they sent me a partial refund for less than half the amount I was originally promised.  Nothing was mentioned about my missing USB cables and defective miner.  
This morning (3/18) I sent an email to Zoomhash and have not heard anything from them all day.  

So now I have no idea if I should just go order USB cables on my own or wait  Cry

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:38:50 AM

Overall my experience with Zoomhash has been a nightmare so far.  I have had several issues with my orders.  Here is the timeline of events:

Didn't get any communication at all from Zoomhash so I messaged them on 3/11 asking about the status of my order.  They said there was a delay in shipping because they were scared of Ebay fraud, but told me I was going to get a partial refund for the delay.  They said my order would ship out the next day.  At this point I cut a deal to buy 40 more Gridseed units via BTC.  
One of my orders shipped out on 3/12 and the other one on 3/13, both from China.  I received all 60 units on 3/17.
My order only came with 40 USB cables instead of 60 so now I have 20 miners just sitting around.  Also one of my units has an incorrect female power port so I cant fit a barrel connector in it.
I sent a PM to Zoomhash on 3/17 explaining the issues with my orders and that I did not yet receive the partial refund they originally promised for my Ebay order.  
Shortly after I receive a PM from someone working at Zoomhash for my BTC address so I gave it to them and they sent me a partial refund for less than half the amount I was originally promised.  Nothing was mentioned about my missing USB cables and defective miner.  
This morning (3/18) I sent an email to Zoomhash and have not heard anything from them all day.  

So now I have no idea if I should just go order USB cables on my own or wait  Cry

USB cables are like 50 cents each, just get em at monoprice
ilovethebtc

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:51:39 AM

USB cables are like 50 cents each, just get em at monoprice

Well the cost of the USB cables are not a big deal, but I don't want to order them if Zoomhash will send them to me.  I'm just worried about the lost mining time if I wait for them to respond rather than ordering myself.  Even if I order myself I probably wont get the cables until Friday unless I get expedited shipping.  Sucks having miners sitting around not doing anything after already waiting 12 days to get my stuff  Cry
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:53:53 AM

These gridseeds remind me of the early days when the usb block eruptors first came out at 333 m/h But the gridseeds are an awesome new angle to things with the dual mining ability. Luv my test unit, and have more ordered today. But like with the eruptors they soon became near worthless,, so I hope these will be it for at least 4-6 moths till we see the flood of bigger units. We all have to be concerned about the difficulty levels of all the coins now .Lets hope we can see a real ROI unlike the erupters.  Wink

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
ilovethebtc

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:48:13 AM

Ok got a message from Zoomhash.  They gave me the rest of my refund and then some and are gonna reimburse me for USB cables.  Sending in my defective unit tomorrow for RMA.  Hopefully the RMA turnaround will be quick.  Will update once I receive the RMA unit.
kocur

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:11:26 PM

https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan    Grin

bla bla bla

Community Coin: Fair & Free Distribution
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: