Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466178 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 08:37:04 PM

er...maybe it is just me..but re-read the above link you just posted. The article above seems to say the opposite of what you are thinking

quote from above

What this could mean is that forks of these two blockchains, including Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, etc.
can also manage to doge the tag of ‘securities’ rather than currencies.

unquote

see forks of these two blockchains....litecoin....can also dodge the tag of securities

So this says to me that likely Litecoin and forks of bitcoin will likely NOT be seen as securities

you may want  to correct your previous post

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin_diamond

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:11:35 PM

er...maybe it is just me..but re-read the above link you just posted. The article above seems to say the opposite of what you are thinking

quote from above

What this could mean is that forks of these two blockchains, including Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, etc.

unquote

see forks of these two blockchains....litecoin....can also dodge the tag of securities

So this says to me that likely Litecoin and forks of bitcoin will likely NOT be seen as securities

brad

WELL changes are high for it to be called as securities cuz they use copied source from bitcoin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:18:35 PM

quote from above

unquote

brad

WELL changes are high for it to be called as securities cuz they use copied source from bitcoin

Just saying the article says the opposite. The fact that Bitcoin and Eth are NOT called securities...means (article) that the forks like Litecoin are likely to duck 'also' being called securities.

Also as an aside. There was 'no value' to the Litecoin copy of Bitcoin. It started from 0 worth with its own blockchain I believe. Thus no (see below) IRS forked coin $$$ from the sky issues.

Anything is possible. But the logic goes like this. If Bitcoin is NOT considered security..then it is likely forks of Bitcoin will also not be considered a security.

As to being forks and IRS and value of forks. That is another issue. (see above) Litecoin actually does not fall under value for forked coins via IRS in the fork did not pay out back in the

day. Again this is an aside to your question/view.

Who knows, just saying that is the counter-argument is above. You could very well be right. It is all very muddied.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 11:22:04 PM

Litecoin won't be a target of SEC for sure. There are so many other private coins, like Monero, DASH, etc. If SEC want to seriously start from somewhere, Monero is always their first choice, not Litecoin. With Litecoin, it has risen within recent hours, maybe due to the revival of news on its coming halving. Such things, once again, tell us the unbelievable of news recycle in crypto. We all know that Litecoin will activate its block halving and when; but such the same news can be used so many times and each time it always has dramatical effects. That's cool.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 11:33:28 PM

For the time being Litecoin is still superior to other altcoins, I am very happy to be in this section and I will continue to support it at any time. Several years provide the best experience to date. Cheers!
CoinCodex

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:07:15 PM

Litecoin continues to rise, the bulls are very strong! Read more in this TA:

https://coincodex.com/article/3797/litecoin-price-analysis-ltc-continues-to-surge-regardless-of-bitcoin-struggles/
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 06:51:30 AM

Litecoin has increased 5 times in value before the halving, now we can expect a little down trend, than after the halving a new spike

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:17:38 PM

GLORY Kickboxing Unveils Limited Edition Litecoin VIP Package for Glory 66

''As our partnership with GLORY continues to evolve, we are excited to announce that kickboxing fans will be able to Pay With Litecoin for a very special VIP experience at Glory 66, taking place in Paris on June 22. This marks a first for crypto and provides another example of LTC making its way into the mainstream. ''

Read more here: https://litecoin-foundation.org/glory-kickboxing-unveils-limited-edition-litecoin-vip-package-for-glory-66/

motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 06:32:08 AM

Who’s looking forward to Litecoin halving? Im curious how its gonna affect LTC price :O

https://coincodex.tv/videos/1589/will-litecoin-explode-before-its-halving
Halving mostly forces price moving up. However, the price of Litecoin have increased dramatically since its bottom back in late of 2018 (in both trading pairs, LTC/ BTC and LTC/ USD). Consequently, I think that it is time for Litecoin to witness its corrections, especially when all altcoins have fallen down due to bitcoin bull run. This fact is hard to accept for someone whom bought Litecoin at high, especially in LTC/ BTC pair. However, the positive thing is altcoin season will start some day, and Litecoin will have chance to rally with upcoming altcoin season.
frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 06:54:04 AM

Who’s looking forward to Litecoin halving? Im curious how its gonna affect LTC price :O

Halving mostly forces price moving up. However, the price of Litecoin have increased dramatically since its bottom back in late of 2018 (in both trading pairs, LTC/ BTC and LTC/ USD). Consequently, I think that it is time for Litecoin to witness its corrections, especially when all altcoins have fallen down due to bitcoin bull run. This fact is hard to accept for someone whom bought Litecoin at high, especially in LTC/ BTC pair. However, the positive thing is altcoin season will start some day, and Litecoin will have chance to rally with upcoming altcoin season.

When is the halving happens? I think price should grow more, like this was with BTC before and after halving in 2016. After halving we had a huge bullrun. So, probably we will have the same with LTC in this year.
Sellman

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 08:47:21 AM

Litecoin actually rose more than 5 times from its bottom. What do you expect more? Halving means 2-fold increase of price to maintain profits for miners. However, by now, we witnessed price rose more than five-times, and still expect Litecoin even rose after halving day. I think it is over expectation, and unrealistic hope. Maybe someone might argue that Litecoin will come back to its all time high as effcets from its coming halving, but I doubt about such thing.
IPVPIRL

Activity: 192
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 04:49:40 PM

When is the halving happens? I think price should grow more, like this was with BTC before and after halving in 2016. After halving we had a huge bullrun. So, probably we will have the same with LTC in this year.

You do know that there was an Ethereum fork that changed the miners rewards to 2/3? Do you recall anything like this happening? 600-700% rise in a few months? It only went up by a 10% until the fork.
BCH had a fork last November. It started pumping and pumping for 2 months and suddenly stopped a month before the fork. That was the BSV fork. It trapped people again for months as price fell almost 50% right before the fork. Do you think it is wise to hold and wait for the halvening? You will obviously get rekt.

I give you a safe financial advice so you won't be butthurt later -> SELL. It will go down to 20$ soon enough to rebuy if you still want to hold this coin for collector's value.
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 05:41:45 PM

You do know that there was an Ethereum fork that changed the miners rewards to 2/3? Do you recall anything like this happening? 600-700% rise in a few months? It only went up by a 10% until the fork.
BCH had a fork last November. It started pumping and pumping for 2 months and suddenly stopped a month before the fork. That was the BSV fork. It trapped people again for months as price fell almost 50% right before the fork. Do you think it is wise to hold and wait for the halvening? You will obviously get rekt.

I give you a safe financial advice so you won't be butthurt later -> SELL. It will go down to 20$ soon enough to rebuy if you still want to hold this coin for collector's value.
which coin you are talking about and its going to 20$ ? please clear that. if you are talking about litecoin then its price is over 130$ right now according to coin marketcap and i don't think that it will go that low. if you are talking about BSV then yes it could go under 20$ at any time.
IPVPIRL

Activity: 192
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 06:48:25 PM

which coin you are talking about and its going to 20$ ? please clear that. if you are talking about litecoin then its price is over 130$ right now according to coin marketcap and i don't think that it will go that low. if you are talking about BSV then yes it could go under 20$ at any time.

We will have to wait and see then. I am talking about Litecoin not BSV which actual price should be 10cents.
frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 09:57:55 AM

But this Ethereum and Litecoin in a little different situation. Ethereum had hardfork in a bear market. And meanwhile ETH has been growing too nowdays.
Now we seems have a little bullish market. So rewards decrease may have a more good affect for Litecoin...
Mihawk

Activity: 1150
Merit: 347

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:18:11 PM

This superiority happens because LTC has always been concerned with serving the BTC and not taking its place.
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 09:21:31 PM

BLUE HELIX(BHEX) - Litecoin- Why the hype?

''So far, 2019 has been financially rewarding for holders of Litecoin (LTC), with a whopping 384.69% gain from the beginning of 2019 to the highs of 2019. This is an impressive feat! Its ‘Big Brother’ Bitcoin (BTC) managed a 146.22% gain during the same period, which isn’t too shabby either.
Still, stats don’t lie; Litecoin has surpassed Bitcoin in performance the whole of 2019. ''

Check it out: https://medium.com/bhexofficial/litecoin-why-the-hype-e5d560cb8f9?postPublishedType=initial

CoinCodex

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:04:09 PM

Litecoin approaching new yearly highs, the bulls are back on! Read more in this short TA:

https://coincodex.com/article/3850/litecoin-price-analysis-ltc-rebounds-from-130-and-approaches-2019-highs/
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 05:54:02 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 05:44:07 PM by igorttomic

Litecoin is the winner of the top 10 market in the day: https://www.publish0x.com/breaking-bitfinex-token-ieo-1b-usdt/litecoin-maximum-winner-top-10-market-day-xlyxok

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 05:43:39 PM

Litecoin announces the release of a debit card - Blockcard Supports LTC, BTC, ETH and More: https://www.publish0x.com/mamaecrypto/litecoin-announces-release-debit-card-blockcard-supports-ltc-xnqzgp

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: